Author Topic: Super Ultimate Last Ever * (Working Title) Movie Draft - Sign up and discussion  (Read 16133 times)

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Draft on standby tonight Haze, just in case?  ;D

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Draft on standby tonight Haze, just in case?  ;D

Happy to start it tonight but somehow, I think we all have more interesting things to do this evening.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Happy to start it tonight but somehow, I think we all have more interesting things to do this evening.

Might have to put it off til Tuesday after that result  :D

Gonna pick this in round 1

"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
If any Mancs want to join, may I suggest Seven Brides (Sisters) for Seven Brothers.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Who else we missing from the most recent film one? Nicholls86 and Gripweed?

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96

Nicholls, Telekon, and Max. I've PMed them all.
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Online Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Max PM'd me yesterday, he's sitting this one out.

Happy to start this officially on Tuesday morning but will try and get the thread set up tonight.

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Max PM'd me yesterday, he's sitting this one out.

Happy to start this officially on Tuesday morning but will try and get the thread set up tonight.

I've told all the guys I PMed they have 'til Monday to get in on it, so maybe leave drawing the order til tomorrow morning. Possible we get some late arrivals.

Also, where's Nick the draft whore?

Offline NICHOLLS

• Legacy Fan
  • Ohhhhh ya beauty, what a hit son, what a hit!
Sorry was away this weekend... I'll happily watch this... or IN if room x

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Might have to put it off til Tuesday after that result  :D

Gonna pick this in round 1

Joking aside, I could easily actually pick that as my opening gambit

Incredible movie.

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Surely we need a new catagory which is must include the number 7 in the title?

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Doesn't look like we're getting any more joining, bar Nicholls. I had a few replies of interest, but no solid bites. Telekon still not been online for a week either. Hopefully he's all good.

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
I said I'd be up for this - can't see my name on the draft order list?

Online Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
I said I'd be up for this - can't see my name on the draft order list?

Sorry, now updated.

I'll get the draft order sorted shortly and we can start officially at 9.00am tomorrow but obviously picks can be made in the meantime.

I won't be online much during the day but we normally give a bit of leeway in terms of times for first picks anyway

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
First pick?

Offline Musketeer Gripweed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Snow Shite & The 7 mentality dwarves?

Sorry, that was really bad. :D

Online Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
There were 17 items in your list. Here they are in random order:

Draex
Samie
Classycarra
Betty
Lobo
killer-heels
Hazell
Andy@Allerton
Musketeer Gripweed
NICHOLLS1986
Lastrador
Sheer Magnetism
red mongoose
John_P
RobbieRedman
Chakan
Buck Pete

IP: 7:77:77:7:777
Timestamp: 2023-03-06 16:33:39 UTC

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Snow Shite & The 7 mentality dwarves?

Sorry, that was really bad. :D

I laughed  ;D

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Oh god, the burden of choice. Now I see I'm third, suddenly the mind goes blank for my pick!

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
Ooof long wait for me

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
Whats the situation behind using some of the previous picks from other posters in the pre 80’s draft? Frowned upon or inevitable?

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Whats the situation behind using some of the previous picks from other posters in the pre 80’s draft? Frowned upon or inevitable?

It’s only your own previously made picks you can’t use. Everybody else’s are fair game.

Offline red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Crawl in under the shadow of this red rock
Ooof long wait for me

Me too, but it might not be bad to get a look at what everyone is doing early.
At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death!'"

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Can someone remind me, as the draft develops are we allowed to tweak where our selection fits in our lineups?

Like if we have a film that fits across three categories, can we swap where it was initially labelled Thriller category to be a Drama choice sometime the next day?

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Think that's fine mate. 

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Can someone remind me, as the draft develops are we allowed to tweak where our selection fits in our lineups?

Like if we have a film that fits across three categories, can we swap where it was initially labelled Thriller category to be a Drama choice sometime the next day?

We aren't normally. At least we haven't in any of the previous incarnations. So in theory you need to decide in the round you pick them. Could consider making this one more flexible? But could get a bit messy for Hazell if we're swapping genres around.

Offline Musketeer Gripweed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I honestly don't know where I am going to start with this one.

Online Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan

Yeah, that's fine for me, unless other people have a problem with it.

We aren't normally. At least we haven't in any of the previous incarnations. So in theory you need to decide in the round you pick them. Could consider making this one more flexible? But could get a bit messy for Hazell if we're swapping genres around.

It's ok, if I spot an invalid pick, I'll let the person know. It might be that I spot it right at the end, in which case, they may need to change their pick then ;D

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Yeah, that's fine for me, unless other people have a problem with it.
Cheers for clarifying! I'll do my bit by keeping on top of mine and making sure to share updated overview lists if any edits do happen.

Offline telekon

• Keep Calm And Carry On Coughing......Urgently needs to know the German word for "woosh", cos clearly "ironie" escapes him :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm in love with here and I feel fine
I can join if it's not too late.  :wave
What has the universe got to do with it? You're here in Brooklyn! Brooklyn is not expanding!

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Not too late mate, we've not even officially begun.  ;D

Online Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
I can join if it's not too late.  :wave

Added you to the list after Pete mate :wave

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
I was going to be more tactical, but then I was like fuck that it's my favourite film ever.

Offline telekon

• Keep Calm And Carry On Coughing......Urgently needs to know the German word for "woosh", cos clearly "ironie" escapes him :)
  • Legacy Fan
I was going to be more tactical, but then I was like fuck that it's my favourite film ever.

Noooooooo!  :'(

This was one of two films I really wanted to pick. But who am I kidding believing this would be up for grabs.

Director's Cut right? Not the original or The Final Cut with the camp as fuck voice-overs?
What has the universe got to do with it? You're here in Brooklyn! Brooklyn is not expanding!

Offline telekon

• Legacy Fan
Added you to the list after Pete mate :wave

Cheers!

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Noooooooo!  :'(

This was one of two films I really wanted to pick. But who am I kidding believing this would be up for grabs.

Director's Cut right? Not the original or The Final Cut with the camp as fuck voice-overs?

My go-to is the Director's Cut, but I know some prefer the Final Cut. And actually my first watch through of Blade Runner was the original with the voice-overs, so I don't mind it for the nostalgia.

Glad you're on board with us, mate. Looking forward to seeing what picks you pull out in the various decades.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
Didn't even know we had started.

Already my movies are gone. Shameful.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Nice. I was also getting bogged down thinking then just thought nah, pick one of your favourites.

I hadn't twigged that Blade Runner and The Thing were out the same year, along with E.T. That's two great Sci-Fi films, plus E.T. ;)

Offline telekon

• Legacy Fan
My go-to is the Director's Cut, but I know some prefer the Final Cut. And actually my first watch through of Blade Runner was the original with the voice-overs, so I don't mind it for the nostalgia.

Glad you're on board with us, mate. Looking forward to seeing what picks you pull out in the various decades.

Likewise my dude.

I appreciate that everyone will have their favourite, but for me the voice-overs changes it so much. The original/Final Cut is a campy bastardized neo-noir while the Director's cut is a vision, the best sci-fi made (with tough competition from Stalker).

There's so much to say about the film, but as an aside, check out the ambient/vaporwave album HKE. It's like being in the film.
https://youtu.be/nkLPgAO36Kk

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Nice. I was also getting bogged down thinking then just thought nah, pick one of your favourites.

I hadn't twigged that Blade Runner and The Thing were out the same year, along with E.T. That's two great Sci-Fi films, plus E.T. ;)

Ha yes, I noticed that too. Wonder what the greatest single year in cinema is. Something to argue about after this draft...

The Thing is a masterpiece too. Good option for the horror genre as well.

Likewise my dude.

I appreciate that everyone will have their favourite, but for me the voice-overs changes it so much. The original/Final Cut is a campy bastardized neo-noir while the Director's cut is a vision, the best sci-fi made (with tough competition from Stalker).

There's so much to say about the film, but as an aside, check out the ambient/vaporwave album HKE. It's like being in the film.
https://youtu.be/nkLPgAO36Kk

Same. I could write a whole essay on it, and I probably did in film class  :D

Listening now. Not totally my music genre, but definitely getting a heavy Blade Runner vibe from it.