Author Topic: The People's Club (I was saying Boo-urns)  (Read 2192859 times)

Online Boaty McBoatface

• Custom Title McCustomtitleface
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: The People's Club (I was saying Boo-urns)
« Reply #28000 on: March 24, 2023, 11:35:35 pm »

Online 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #28001 on: March 24, 2023, 11:52:15 pm »
They haven't been charged with FFP rules that is UEFA.

They have been charged with breaking the Premier league's Profit and sustainability rules.

It has nothing to do with the FA. The Premier League is a private company owned by its member clubs that sets its own rules. Everton has breached P&S rules has been charged and have been referred to an Independent panel.

Other than I got the organizations wrong...lol...the point stands.

Everton ARE in the dock. Up to the Independent panel to determine the punishment. Unless the PL does not know it's own rules and Everton can show they were within the rules.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28002 on: March 25, 2023, 12:47:38 am »
Like has been mentioned the accounts will be in so all the evidence is there for them to get to work on straight away, I'd expect and hope for a verdict on it ASAP as the other clubs in the relegation battle will demand it. Fuck the bitter twats.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #28003 on: March 25, 2023, 01:35:23 am »
Doubt it. They don't have the same legal backing as Man City.

Exactly. They're fucked. It's surprising this didn't happen to them last season. I'd assume the fact the PL have referred them to an independent commission means they're unlikely to be spared this time around. Also telling that this has occurred before the most recent set of accounts have been filed.

However given the PL bent over backwards to fudge their last results, which were the 20/21, it would seem strange they now consider these in breach.

Indeed. What has the PL seen since to cause them to act now?

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28004 on: March 25, 2023, 01:46:44 am »
There's something about the PL making the City announcement early on a Monday, allowing it to dominate news cycle for the week, and them announcing this one seemingly with an embargo so reporters had articles ready to go for Friday eve.

As others have said, this one is just pure accountancy, and seems pretty cut and dry. Not much to discuss really in terms of did they/didn't they, or ethics or anything. Plus Everton are about the least scrutinised of the medium-sized historic clubs (Villa probably attract more attention).

But in getting this out on a Friday night as if it's nothing too complicated, it's probably fair to say it might ruin a few blues' weekends.

Offline thegoodfella

• makes reindeer pizza
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...siempre es posible
« Reply #28005 on: March 25, 2023, 03:21:42 am »
Imagine the sense of victimhood if these get done due to points deduction or something... the bitterness would be monumental and typify their support.

Offline G Richards

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28006 on: March 25, 2023, 05:11:41 am »
If they get a points deduction, fair enough. Off yer pop to the Championship.

It will also set a precedent. Man City did much, much worse…

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #28007 on: March 25, 2023, 05:18:22 am »
If, we get hit hard, then the Premier League darlings will be as open as a whore on a Prague stag do. So i'll say with chest, a fine and a possible embargo on player incomings. And to all the clubs lusting after our blood, be very careful what you wish for, it's coming to a cinema near you soon.

A points deduction will not happen. The Premier League wont do anything to rock their own boat, they haven't the balls. If, and it's a big if Everton are found guilty then you're looking at a fine and at worst, a transfer ban. The fact is that we should never even be in this position in the first place and a further reminder that Mr Kenwright is a cancer that need to be removed from our club.

I read many reductionist takes on the site so far that preclude the possibility of a points-deduction on the basis that it would set precedent against Manchester City. This is the same Manchester City whose Chairman is a high profile, VIP individual in the UAE Khaldoon Al Mubarak whom was yesterday quoted in an RT bulletin as decrying the deterioration of the situation in the West Bank.

Exactly. It's politics. Not business, as usual.
The Americans view the English sport as a dominion where they can exert so-called 'soft-power'. The want competition shut-down. Everton being the very edifice of precisely what they do not want, legitimate competition a stones throw away from them figuratively and literally. Its creeping anti-competitive manifestations include recently: The literal embodiment of this by the Super League attempt. And to my own observation the no longer dubious refereeing but match-fixing level of officiating.

Everton, however have the resources to stick a spanner in the works if they choose to do so. It's not so much the charge which is peculiar but the outcome that is to be looked to as revelatory as to where the club is going.

Points deduction incoming. Setting up Manchester City for the big fall...

"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28008 on: March 25, 2023, 06:30:20 am »
^^^ wtf does poor Bill have to do with this? He doesn't OWN the club ffs.  :lmao

I know we take the piss out of him, but he's a tired old man in poor health, who loves his club with all his heart and soul.he acted in good faith selling to saviour Moshiri.  There aren't many Evertonians I'll have much sympathy for, but he's one. He's a well meaning idiot and this will be heart breaking for him.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28009 on: March 25, 2023, 07:04:45 am »
Scape meet goat :D

They've overspent against the competitions rules and now the bill is due. The funny thing is their cheating made them worse anyway

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #28010 on: March 25, 2023, 07:22:35 am »
This thread was posted a few hours before the news broke

https://twitter.com/Jim_Keoghan/status/1639203946001571840?t=m27U81M4r3MXIiJhu1NQiA&s=19

Everton that

Everton That
Or as they say in Latin “ ifit hadna binfor”
« Last Edit: March 25, 2023, 07:40:21 am by 12C »
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #28011 on: March 25, 2023, 07:31:31 am »
I know they've been referred to the independent commission, but what is the timescale going to be on coming to a final decision & on any punishment that's handed down?
#Sausages

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28012 on: March 25, 2023, 07:37:44 am »

So a club getting punished for being in financial disarray has the resources to stick a spanner in the works of the whole league. Ok lads.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #28013 on: March 25, 2023, 07:41:12 am »
I'll only be happy if they finish 17th on goal difference and then cop a 1pt deduction for FFP, sending them down
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #28014 on: March 25, 2023, 07:41:33 am »
The losses, even allowing for covid creativity, are enough evidence to show they broke the regulations
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Online Original

• Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #28015 on: March 25, 2023, 07:43:06 am »

Hahahaha the state of that last paragraph

Offline Redknight60

• Main Stander
« Reply #28016 on: March 25, 2023, 08:22:21 am »
They seem to be more focused on a possible penalty than the terrible state of their finances. The truth is they should be welcoming some form of intervention to save them from running themselves deeper into the ground.

Online DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #28017 on: March 25, 2023, 08:24:08 am »
^^^ wtf does poor Bill have to do with this? He doesn't OWN the club ffs.  :lmao

I know we take the piss out of him, but he's a tired old man in poor health, who loves his club with all his heart and soul.he acted in good faith selling to saviour Moshiri.  There aren't many Evertonians I'll have much sympathy for, but he's one. He's a well meaning idiot and this will be heart breaking for him.
Thatis very much how he likes to present himself. But he is an actor don't forget. At the end of the day, he was the one who got himself on the Everton board, from there engineered a takeover by his consortium in 1999 for just £20m, all borrowed money. He then ran the club on a  shoestring for nearly 2 decades, all the while promising fresh investment, before selling to Moshiri for nearly 10 times what his consortium had paid and netting himself a nifty £20m in the process.
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline Armchair expert

• Almost makes you agree with Gove
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meet the new boss.....same as the old boss
« Reply #28018 on: March 25, 2023, 08:30:58 am »
Brilliant comment taken off Twitter that sums them up to a tee..Love the last sentence

"Why do they think they are so important?. They have won nothing for almost 30 years and have only been in one cup final since then and finished in the top 4 once yet  they think everyone is conspiring to keep them down. They think they are Brad Pitt but look like Simon Weston".

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28019 on: March 25, 2023, 08:39:18 am »
Thatis very much how he likes to present himself. But he is an actor don't forget. At the end of the day, he was the one who got himself on the Everton board, from there engineered a takeover by his consortium in 1999 for just £20m, all borrowed money. He then ran the club on a  shoestring for nearly 2 decades, all the while promising fresh investment, before selling to Moshiri for nearly 10 times what his consortium had paid and netting himself a nifty £20m in the process.

Nothing he did was wrong though. They were flirting with relegation and he steadied the ship. Plus, £20m was quite a lot in the 90s. Comparatively, the £20m he made selling the club was peanuts.

Everything that has gone wrong with that club has been since Moshiri came along. His reactionary behaviour, always pandering to the knee jerking whims of the fans. The board has done everything the fans have asked for. This is all on them.

Bill is like David Moores, with an extra tendency to spout bollocks because he's an actor.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28020 on: March 25, 2023, 08:42:55 am »
Brilliant comment taken off Twitter that sums them up to a tee..Love the last sentence

"Why do they think they are so important?. They have won nothing for almost 30 years and have only been in one cup final since then and finished in the top 4 once yet  they think everyone is conspiring to keep them down. They think they are Brad Pitt but look like Simon Weston".

Bit harsh on Simon Weston that. I'd have said Mickey Rourke. Big in the 80s but now you can barely recognise him.

Popcorn's Art

Offline A Red Abroad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We had dreams and songs to sing
« Reply #28021 on: March 25, 2023, 08:50:24 am »
Bit harsh on Simon Weston that. I'd have said Mickey Rourke. Big in the 80s but now you can barely recognise him.

Good shout.

You just reminded me - 'Angel Heart' - great film. :)
My marmoset, to get things done,
You fell in Loch Ness with Major Tom.

Offline Armchair expert

• Almost makes you agree with Gove
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meet the new boss.....same as the old boss
« Reply #28022 on: March 25, 2023, 08:52:51 am »

Haha...Very good

Offline moondog

• dot com! Wake him up before he go-gos.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bring the noise
« Reply #28023 on: March 25, 2023, 09:00:16 am »

I think £20 million for watching Everton for two decades is fair, I wouldn’t do it for that price but I can imagine that some people might.
This has been coming down the line for a while now and whilst I would love to see them get a 10 point deduction in the next few weeks, it seems unlikely to pan out that way. The fact that city are also in the firing line - with their “resources” might actually help the BS to also wriggle out of a crippling punishment (points deduction when already next to bottom of the table) and escape with a fine/transfer ban, the way they do business that is almost a reward.
Looking forward to seeing the meltdown but unfortunately this will pull them together and they could actually win a few games now with a seige mentality.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28024 on: March 25, 2023, 09:00:23 am »
Good shout.

You just reminded me - 'Angel Heart' - great film. :)

Yep, decent flick that.

Another thing they have in common - it's all self inflicted.

Popcorn's Art

Offline courty61

• Legacy Fan
  • Never Buy The S*n
« Reply #28025 on: March 25, 2023, 09:01:52 am »

Indeed. What has the PL seen since to cause them to act now?

March was the deadline for accounts which cover the 21/22 season. They've given them to the PL and they've acted upon the complaint Leeds and Burnley made last year.

As with all accounts you are always looking backwards
77, 78, 81, 84, 05, 19

Offline A Red Abroad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28026 on: March 25, 2023, 09:03:02 am »

I think £20 million for watching Everton for two decades is fair, I wouldn’t do it for that price but I can imagine that some people might.

;D

Offline A Red Abroad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28027 on: March 25, 2023, 09:03:33 am »
Yep, decent flick that.

Another thing they have in common - it's all self inflicted.

Yep.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28028 on: March 25, 2023, 09:05:49 am »

This has been coming down the line for a while now and whilst I would love to see them get a 10 point deduction in the next few weeks, it seems unlikely to pan out that way. The fact that city are also in the firing line - with their “resources” might actually help the BS to also wriggle out of a crippling punishment (points deduction when already next to bottom of the table) and escape with a fine/transfer ban, the way they do business that is almost a reward.
Looking forward to seeing the meltdown but unfortunately this will pull them together and they could actually win a few games now with a seige mentality.

Personally I think it could go the other way. The uncertainty over the club's future could demolish what little good form they've managed to stitch together.

The club's future is no longer in it's own hands. The players could bust a gut out there on the pitch, only for it to come to naught if they get a points deduction.

Popcorn's Art

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #28029 on: March 25, 2023, 09:08:21 am »

In response to this.

https://twitter.com/eattom01/status/1639349301754355712?s=61&t=TdB46k2Kp0sN309SJG9C7g

Some of the replies 🔥

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #28030 on: March 25, 2023, 09:10:20 am »

Thing is, if they simply fine Everton, won’t that make their situation worse  as it will be added to the losses they are no doubt making this year.

Offline moondog

• dot com! Wake him up before he go-gos.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bring the noise
« Reply #28031 on: March 25, 2023, 09:21:48 am »
Thing is, if they simply fine Everton, won’t that make their situation worse  as it will be added to the losses they are no doubt making this year.

A fine is fine , they can use the 2027/8 TV money to pay it . Relegation is fatal at this point in time, with the ground unfinished and the team largely shinola, the finances clearly a mess and no togetherness between the club and the fans or even within the fanbase

Offline A Red Abroad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28032 on: March 25, 2023, 09:26:20 am »
In response to this.

https://twitter.com/eattom01/status/1639349301754355712?s=61&t=TdB46k2Kp0sN309SJG9C7g

Some of the replies 🔥

The state of that.  ;D

Everton are the real victims of the war in Ukraine.

Offline McSquared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28033 on: March 25, 2023, 09:29:19 am »
Here's a thought. Everton get relegated this season and a point deduction for next season. They will be League 1 in two years.

I like your thinking!

Offline Aldo1988

• Legacy Fan
  • Superduperfan & Whopper. Ooh sexist.
« Reply #28034 on: March 25, 2023, 09:38:16 am »
Some of our fans think that the all the refs, the FA, UEFA AND FIFA are against us, so pointing out their tin foil hat fans is a bit pointless.  They are a terribly run club though, we should be grateful that our owners have made us a self-sufficiently run club (but they are rich etc).
"Has Anyone Really Been Far Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to do Look More Like?"

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28035 on: March 25, 2023, 09:49:50 am »
Points deduction for next season and immediate relegation is what they deserve.

Offline LuverlyRita

• metar made
  • Kopite
« Reply #28036 on: March 25, 2023, 09:59:59 am »
No because this is black and white.
You'd have thought that last year. They claimed Covid losses that were way above any other club despite having relatively small match day revenues (the main source of such losses) and the Premier League accepted it.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28037 on: March 25, 2023, 10:12:10 am »
Some of our fans think that the all the refs, the FA, UEFA AND FIFA are against us, so pointing out their tin foil hat fans is a bit pointless.  They are a terribly run club though, we should be grateful that our owners have made us a self-sufficiently run club (but they are rich etc).

Whatever misconceptions some of our fans might hold when it comes to our treatment by the footballing authorities  Everton are on another planet. However we shouldn't need to point anything out to anyone at this point. Fans of other clubs will see Everton fans' reaction to this news and should finally start to realise their delusion and self aggrandisement of their own perceived status in the game.

They see themselves as some kind of footballing institution, a school of excellence, beloved by all, who have simply fallen on hard times. Hopefully now they'll be viewed as a gang of bitter, resentful lunatics.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2023, 10:13:55 am by Red Beret »

Popcorn's Art

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #28038 on: March 25, 2023, 10:17:13 am »
Who went down in 17th last season? They must be lawyering up!

Burnley were suing them and then bottled it. It's a shame Leeds didn't go down instead as they were going to go all out.

THey'll get away with it, they always do. Will dogs of war their way to survival for eternity.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28039 on: March 25, 2023, 10:21:01 am »
Burnley were suing them and then bottled it. It's a shame Leeds didn't go down instead as they were going to go all out.

THey'll get away with it, they always do. Will dogs of war their way to survival for eternity.

Oh enough of shit like this. They're not getting away with it. They're Everton, not fucking Dracula.

Popcorn's Art