Author Topic: The People's Club (I was saying Boo-urns)  (Read 2195156 times)

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
Re: The People's Club (I was saying Boo-urns)
« Reply #28160 on: March 26, 2023, 11:50:26 pm »
They spent decades dreaming of becoming more affluent only to end up becoming more effulent. Everton that.
;D

I'm nicking that!
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #28161 on: March 27, 2023, 12:13:54 am »
Who was the last PL team to receive a points deduction?, was it Derby County?

Think it was Portsmouth, as far as know they're the only PL club to get a deduction for financial problems, only other club to get a deduction was Middlesbrough for postponing a game

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #28162 on: March 27, 2023, 12:21:34 am »
Didn't know that about Reading but I know Leicester breached FFP in the Championship and just got a fine, though that was after they got promoted.

Under the current financial fair play rules, Reading was deducted six points in 2021/22. And it sounds like they may have another six points deducted this season or next based on reports earlier this month that they are again in breach of financial fair play rules. Birmingham was deducted nine points in 2018/19 for breaches related to allowed losses

« Last Edit: March 27, 2023, 12:52:10 am by rafathegaffa83 »

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #28163 on: March 27, 2023, 12:40:02 am »
Under the current financial fair play rules, Reading have been deducted six points on two occasions (2021/22 and 2022/23) and Birmingham was deducted nine points in 2018/19 for breaches related to allowed losses

Think it was Portsmouth, as far as know they're the only PL club to get a deduction for financial problems, only other club to get a deduction was Middlesbrough for postponing a game

were those deductions applied to the season that the investigation took place? or the following season?

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #28164 on: March 27, 2023, 12:50:41 am »
were those deductions applied to the season that the investigation took place? or the following season?

For Reading it was November (2020/21). It looks like the deduction this season hasn't happened yet, but sounds extremely likely to happen.

For Birmngham it was applied in March (2018/19)

Portsmouth's case was different as they went into administration. But that was also applied in the season that it occurred.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28165 on: March 27, 2023, 02:27:24 am »
For Reading it was November (2020/21). It looks like the deduction this season hasn't happened yet, but sounds extremely likely to happen.

For Birmngham it was applied in March (2018/19)

Portsmouth's case was different as they went into administration. But that was also applied in the season that it occurred.
thanks rafa

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28166 on: March 27, 2023, 08:39:38 am »
Some of them genuinely seem to believe the line about the massive Covid losses and are carrying on as if Everton was the only club affected by the pandemic.
Their losses should have been less than most clubs because their matchday income is relatively modest. Those losses were due to mismanagement behind the scenes - end of. By accepting the Everton Board's ridiculous excuses, the PL have allowed the people responsible for the mess to continue screwing things up.

Their delusional covid figures go well beyond being unrealistic compared to their matchday revenue, their declared loss due to covid is about as much as their actual annual income, which puts the delusion into a starker contrast.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #28167 on: March 27, 2023, 09:14:29 am »

For the Boro one it was applied the same season. They cancelled a shame at short notice as they said they had too many players out sick. They were deducted three points and got relegated. Had they just played the game and lost it, they’d have stayed up. Oops.

Obviously that one is unrelated to any financial shenanigans but still funny!

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28168 on: March 27, 2023, 09:19:00 am »
Interesting that the Esk has pointed out what a few on here have been saying for a while.

Basically saying that the only finance they'll get will be at 13-14% which would make the whole thing unviable. Ł200m @ 13.5% is Ł27m interest only.

Offline Romford_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28169 on: March 27, 2023, 09:56:16 am »
Who was the last PL team to receive a points deduction?, was it Derby County?

From the top division, I believe it was Arsenal (2) and Man Utd (1).

Offline LuverlyRita

• metar made
  • Kopite
« Reply #28170 on: March 27, 2023, 10:18:55 am »
I work for a contractor to United Utilities and have just finished a project in Sandon Dock. It's a sewage treatment works... and it stinks
If it ever gets completed (and at the moment that's a big if) there are so many things that could go wrong if they indulge in an over-the-top first match. There's the possibility of crowd congestion. If it's a still day then it's likely to stink. If it's a stormy day, any number of things could blow off/down. Last year the whole area was cordoned off after a pipework breach at the waste treatment works next door. It would be the ultimate "Everton that"  ;D

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #28171 on: March 27, 2023, 10:23:00 am »
From the top division, I believe it was Arsenal (2) and Man Utd (1).

That was the old first division in 1990, after the infamous 21 man brawl at Old Trafford. Arsenal were already on a warning after a 21 man brawl against Norwich the previous season.

Middlesbrough were docked 3 points in 96/97 after calling off an away match at Blackburn without authorisation from the premier league to do so, they claimed a sickness bug going through the first team, meant they were down to only a few fit first team players available, daft thing is, Middlesbrough would have stayed up had they played the match with the reserves/youth team & got twatted.
#Sausages

Offline RedBec1993

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28172 on: March 27, 2023, 10:58:27 am »
What’s the chance of this shower being deducted points ?

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28173 on: March 27, 2023, 11:08:45 am »
I just hope the investigation is concluded quickly. I suspect the PL will want to delay punishment until next season. That said, maybe they're as desperate as we are to see this turd flush so they go bust in the Championship.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #28174 on: March 27, 2023, 12:27:37 pm »
I just hope the investigation is concluded quickly. I suspect the PL will want to delay punishment until next season. That said, maybe they're as desperate as we are to see this turd flush so they go bust in the Championship.

I mentioned it the other day, but does anyone know what the timescale is on the final verdict & any punishment handed out, is going to be, feel it might be drawn out like City is going to be?
#Sausages

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28175 on: March 27, 2023, 12:43:46 pm »
I mentioned it the other day, but does anyone know what the timescale is on the final verdict & any punishment handed out, is going to be, feel it might be drawn out like City is going to be?

I personally have no clue, only guesses.

I'd say Everton's situation is far less complex, and a quick decision would help establish a precedent for dealing with City. But I've no idea what kind of timescale we're looking at.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #28176 on: March 27, 2023, 12:51:31 pm »

I'd say Everton's situation is far less complex, and a quick decision would help establish a precedent for dealing with City. But I've no idea what kind of timescale we're looking at.

That's true, City's is far more complex & will take a few years.

It's so very Everton to get themselves in this situation & be worse off both on & off the pitch. :lmao
#Sausages

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #28177 on: March 27, 2023, 12:56:38 pm »

True plus City have countries top lawyer..Everton will go  with ' Claims'R'Us - No win No Fee' on County Road

Offline A Red Abroad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We had dreams and songs to sing
« Reply #28178 on: March 27, 2023, 01:04:39 pm »
True plus City have countries top lawyer..Everton will go  with ' Claims'R'Us - No win No Fee' on County Road

;D
My marmoset, to get things done,
You fell in Loch Ness with Major Tom.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28179 on: March 27, 2023, 01:35:53 pm »
Wonder what their losses are going to be for 21/22. Their accounts have to be released soon I think?
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #28180 on: March 27, 2023, 01:42:45 pm »
That's true, City's is far more complex & will take a few years.

It's so very Everton to get themselves in this situation & be worse off both on & off the pitch. :lmao

I think Everton have no money left for lawyers which won't help their cause[and maybe they will struggle with their defence

aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #28181 on: March 27, 2023, 01:43:14 pm »
Hilarious isn't it, remember these getting giddy thinking it was us when it was reveled a premier league team was making millions in loses a couple of years ago, the fewm when turned out to be them instead. ;D
#Sausages

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28182 on: March 27, 2023, 01:45:50 pm »
Hilarious isn't it, remember these getting giddy thinking it was us when it was reveled a premier league team was making millions in loses a couple of years ago, the fewm when turned out to be them instead. ;D

Did they? That's brilliant.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline lfc_col

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
« Reply #28183 on: March 27, 2023, 02:39:50 pm »
Did they? That's brilliant.

Yeah isn't there where that phrase worrying times for started well from them about us  ::) ???
We Won It Six Times

JFT 97

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28184 on: March 27, 2023, 02:43:34 pm »
Apologies if I'm wrong but wouldn't it be unheard of for a club to be punished (fines aside) for the current season? A points deduction would be next season at the absolute earliest, even if the PL have already reached a verdict.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28185 on: March 27, 2023, 02:43:35 pm »
This will make a fascinating drama when the book is written and someone adapts it to the screen, you actually could not make all this up because no-one would believe you.

They will have to have a big banner

TRUE STORY-REALLY, IT IS!

A bit like the Viv Nicholson story

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viv_Nicholson
« Last Edit: March 27, 2023, 02:45:07 pm by Black Bull Nova »
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28186 on: March 27, 2023, 03:08:10 pm »
Yeah isn't there where that phrase worrying times for started well from them about us  ::) ???

I thought that was just one idiot (catcherintherye wasn't it)?
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28187 on: March 27, 2023, 03:10:08 pm »
Apologies if I'm wrong but wouldn't it be unheard of for a club to be punished (fines aside) for the current season? A points deduction would be next season at the absolute earliest, even if the PL have already reached a verdict.

Not normal circumstances though are they & you would think that this year the other Clubs around the bottom have been proactive.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #28188 on: March 27, 2023, 03:19:15 pm »
I think Everton's conundrum is that normally as a club you would want to delay proceedings and to push back any punishment until next season at the earliest. Their issue is that it will be almost impossible to raise finance for the BMD whilst this investigation is hanging over them. 
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Oldmanmick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28189 on: March 27, 2023, 03:24:17 pm »
Drove past BMD about an hour ago. Very little going on. Have they gone on strike or something ? Hope the builders are not asking for more money.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28190 on: March 27, 2023, 03:29:41 pm »

But if they stay up this season when a points deduction would see them relegated, then at least one relegated club would have cause to complain.

That's why I'm unsure of the timeline. I guess from the PL's standpoint the least controversial outcome is to find them guilty in June and apply a points deduction for next season, as if the panel finds against them whilst this season is ongoing, it would be expected to apply a points deduction now - assuming that level of punishment is even on the cards.

It all comes down to whether the PL want to see the back of Everton, or help them back onto their financial feet. As I've said several times, if they go down, they go under. It really is that simple - it doesn't matter what label they apply to their losses.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28191 on: March 27, 2023, 03:35:33 pm »
But if they stay up this season when a points deduction would see them relegated, then at least one relegated club would have cause to complain.

That's why I'm unsure of the timeline. I guess from the PL's standpoint the least controversial outcome is to find them guilty in June and apply a points deduction for next season, as if the panel finds against them whilst this season is ongoing, it would be expected to apply a points deduction now - assuming that level of punishment is even on the cards.

It all comes down to whether the PL want to see the back of Everton, or help them back onto their financial feet. As I've said several times, if they go down, they go under. It really is that simple - it doesn't matter what label they apply to their losses.

I also suspect that Leeds would have something to say if they are impacted (for a second time)

Would be ironic in more ways than one if they are replaced by Burnley

I am hoping for a 26 point deduction for this season
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28192 on: March 27, 2023, 03:45:17 pm »
Well as I said, I'd just outright relegate them now and apply a points deduction for next season. But that would almost certainly kill the club.

Do any big brains out there know if the rest of the clubs in the league would vote on their punishment? I'm thinking that a series of penalties might be presented that would each have to be voted on.

Also, could Moshiri be forced to sell up, or barred somehow from making business decisions in regards to Everton?  Does the PL have the power to sack the board?

Popcorn's Art

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28193 on: March 27, 2023, 03:48:12 pm »

I think applying a points deduction too late in the season to realistically have a chance of making that gap up would be highly unlikely, and I don't see the PL rushing to such a judgement as it would put a lot of negative attention on them. If they get a points deduction next season then yes I'm sure the relegated clubs will complain (if the ev aren't one of them anyway), however these complaints usually go nowhere.

Starting their first campaign in the championship with negative points would be hilarious.

Offline A Red Abroad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We had dreams and songs to sing
« Reply #28194 on: March 27, 2023, 03:53:05 pm »
Drove past BMD about an hour ago. Very little going on. Have they gone on strike or something ? Hope the builders are not asking for more money.

Mister Drone's footage from yesterday - not a hive of activity. Although he states it was filmed at 5.30pm on Saturday, in fairness.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/B2UBbyOGBLo" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/B2UBbyOGBLo</a>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2UBbyOGBLo
My marmoset, to get things done,
You fell in Loch Ness with Major Tom.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #28195 on: March 27, 2023, 04:21:01 pm »
Should there be a points deduction next season which sends them down, the following season is when BMD is supposed to be finished and ready for play.

So Everton will be opening BMD in the Championship.

Caveat of course is if BMD stadium gets funding and is finished.

If BMD does not get finished, then according to some report back when, Goodison would not be approved as a Premier League stadium due to safety concerns if Everton finished high enough to be promoted. They were grandfathered in which allows Goodison to be used. ( A bit like the Anfield pitch is technically too small for the CL but we've been grandfathered in)

So they are screwed if they go down and don't finish BMD.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline courty61

• Legacy Fan
  • Never Buy The S*n
« Reply #28196 on: March 27, 2023, 04:24:13 pm »
Drove past it at the weekend.

Looks decent enough but can't help thinking that there is not a lot of space around the ground.

Even for segregation purposes it could be a challenge. Unless they have more plans to fill in more?
77, 78, 81, 84, 05, 19

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #28197 on: March 27, 2023, 04:24:13 pm »
I think Everton's conundrum is that normally as a club you would want to delay proceedings and to push back any punishment until next season at the earliest. Their issue is that it will be almost impossible to raise finance for the BMD whilst this investigation is hanging over them. 
Well that's a crying shame isn't it?

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #28198 on: March 27, 2023, 04:24:14 pm »

Starting their first campaign in the championship with negative points would be hilarious.
Another Ev first.
I wonder if we get the blame when the inevitable happens.   ::)

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #28199 on: March 27, 2023, 04:29:43 pm »
Another Ev first.
I wonder if we get the blame when the inevitable happens.   ::)

Do you even need to ask?  :lmao
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.