Author Topic: Nintendo Switch (was NX)  (Read 110460 times)

Offline Disregarder

• Andshe'llripyerknackersoff
  • Anny Roader
  • TV's own
Re: Nintendo Switch (was NX)
« Reply #1280 on: February 18, 2023, 10:24:22 pm »
Got Tears of the Kingdom on pre-order from Shop To for just under 50 notes. Not too shabby. Our lad's birthday is the same day as the release so might be a slightly late pressie. Pity as I'd love for him to get it on the day. He loves zelda games and is well into the manga books at the moment.
My 8k rig goes boom
PSN: OireCocobean

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #1281 on: February 19, 2023, 09:33:14 pm »
Got Tears of the Kingdom on pre-order from Shop To for just under 50 notes. Not too shabby. Our lad's birthday is the same day as the release so might be a slightly late pressie. Pity as I'd love for him to get it on the day. He loves zelda games and is well into the manga books at the moment.

Pre-orders are often delivered on the day of release (and in some cases a day before). Every chance it gets to you on time, ShopTo delivered the new Turtles game to me the day before release.

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #1282 on: February 19, 2023, 09:35:57 pm »
ShopTo used to be my go to with pre-orders, for that very reason. Many a game popped through my letterbox a day or two early.

Finally got around to getting Kirby & The Forgotten Land. Lovely stuff.
AHA!

Offline Disregarder

• Anny Roader
  • TV's own
« Reply #1283 on: February 20, 2023, 12:50:29 pm »
ShopTo used to be my go to with pre-orders, for that very reason. Many a game popped through my letterbox a day or two early.

That would be superb if it pans out like that. Mind you, I'll be spending the day it comes trying to convince him to go to bed early so I can get a turn 😁
My 8k rig goes boom

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1284 on: February 24, 2023, 08:53:21 pm »
And they are far from cheap to replace. Though most controllers are pricey these days. Not just Nintendo ones.
They don't seem as robust as others mind.  I know for Minecraft we had an adapter which let you use Xbox 360 controllers.

There are some good vendors on ebay who fix controllers.

Thanks, trying to get it resolved, hopefully I can.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #1285 on: February 25, 2023, 07:55:42 am »
Thanks, trying to get it resolved, hopefully I can.

Let us know how you get on - I’m heavily in PS5 mode at the moment so putting fixing this off (cash flow). But once Zelda is out I’ll be needing precision!

Offline meady1981

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #1286 on: March 16, 2023, 06:55:08 pm »
So just chatting away to my neighbour and I found out that Nintendo offer a free service to fix your hardware. He’s sent sent away a faulty controller 3 times and got it fixed. So I’ve registered it and a courier is coming to collect it tomorrow. I’ll keep updated how it goes!

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1287 on: March 18, 2023, 05:15:32 pm »
So just chatting away to my neighbour and I found out that Nintendo offer a free service to fix your hardware. He’s sent sent away a faulty controller 3 times and got it fixed. So I’ve registered it and a courier is coming to collect it tomorrow. I’ll keep updated how it goes!

Oh sound mate, I think I'll do that at some point as well. Thanks!

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #1288 on: March 24, 2023, 11:25:03 am »
A long shot.

The N64 Switch controllers are available to buy on their site for the first time in forever. I really want four of them to play with my mates but I don’t even have a working Switch currently, which is a problem as you need a verified online subscription.

Would anyone be willing to buy me four of them and have me transfer the money? I’d of course pay for shipping too.

If this is against RAWK rules let me know and I’ll delete the post! Just desperate to get some before they sell out and I refuse to pay ridiculous scalper prices!

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1289 on: March 24, 2023, 01:14:13 pm »
A long shot.

The N64 Switch controllers are available to buy on their site for the first time in forever. I really want four of them to play with my mates but I don’t even have a working Switch currently, which is a problem as you need a verified online subscription.

Would anyone be willing to buy me four of them and have me transfer the money? I’d of course pay for shipping too.

If this is against RAWK rules let me know and I’ll delete the post! Just desperate to get some before they sell out and I refuse to pay ridiculous scalper prices!

Can you not just pay the £3.49 for a Nintendo Switch online account and then use that to order the controller? Granted you may not get any use from it (depending on when your Switch is repaired/replaced) but a small amount to pay to get the controllers?

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #1290 on: March 24, 2023, 01:39:32 pm »
LIFETIME limit of 4 controllers each.
S must REALLY want to play goldeneye.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline S

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #1291 on: March 24, 2023, 01:39:47 pm »
Can you not just pay the £3.49 for a Nintendo Switch online account and then use that to order the controller? Granted you may not get any use from it (depending on when your Switch is repaired/replaced) but a small amount to pay to get the controllers?
Annoyingly it looks like you need the console to verify the subscription. I found that out only after paying for a bloody membership and still not being able to order! Lucky I only went for the 3 month one.

Offline S

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #1292 on: March 24, 2023, 01:42:25 pm »
LIFETIME limit of 4 controllers each.
S must REALLY want to play goldeneye.
Mario Kart 64. I want to remind my friends that I dominated them back in 1999 and the years have not made me kinder.

…although I would quite like to take Oddjob for another spin…

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1293 on: March 24, 2023, 02:00:34 pm »
My left joypad is knackered. Can I literally just by a new one and stick it in and start using it? And any advice where to get one?
My left joy con is starting to get a bit temperamental that as well. Looks like a lot of people have similar issues which is a bit rubbish.

It's been an issue for years. Happened to the first Switch my lad got in 2017

Has anyone had any issues with the joy con jobbies on this? Gavemy lad his Switch today. We've been playing Snipperclips for a while there, and he put Zelda on. The left joycon is making his character move left when he's not using the stick. Turned it off and on again etc, but still doing it. tried getting into the calibration screen. The dot won't go over to the right where it should go, and when he lets go of the stick, it just pulls to the left again.

I did notice that when looking online, but I don't think this is the same issue. That link suggests his controller is fine when its used in handheld mode. As do other links I read. The problem I'm having is in either wireless or handheld mode. I seen about moving the docking station away from the TV or router, again which I tried. Even tried just turning the docking station off altogether. Doesn't change a thing. I can move the analog stick up and down no problem, but not left and right. Was working fine when he played it in my mums for 20 minutes when I let him open it (birthday tomorrow) and when we were playing together earlier. Literally only started when he put Zelda on and hasn't gone away

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/x2AWSGpBvK4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/x2AWSGpBvK4</a>
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline S

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #1294 on: March 24, 2023, 05:01:07 pm »
The kindness of RAWK prevails!

PaulF has generously ordered the four controllers for me.

I've just realised I haven't donated to this forum yet, now seems a good time to do so...

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1295 on: March 24, 2023, 08:01:40 pm »
RAWK is the best. 👏

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #1296 on: March 24, 2023, 09:14:14 pm »
RAWK is the best. 👏

Here here ;D

Lovely stuff

Offline emergency exit

• Anny Roader
    • X-Realms
« Reply #1297 on: March 26, 2023, 11:31:31 am »
Anyone tried out Have a nice Death yet? Released on the Switch this week and looks like a fun rogue light!

Offline meady1981

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #1298 on: March 27, 2023, 08:42:59 pm »

So it’s being delivered back tomorrow. Pretty speedy turnaround.
Won’t start putting the bunting out until I know it’s fixed though.

Offline meady1981

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #1299 on: March 28, 2023, 06:36:18 pm »
It's back and it's fixed.
10 Days turn around.
You'll always be my first love, Nintendo.

Offline emergency exit

• Anny Roader
    • X-Realms
« Reply #1300 on: March 28, 2023, 08:06:15 pm »
Holy shit!

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/I0-nzrEft4w" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/I0-nzrEft4w</a>

10 minutes of gameplay demonstrating crazy new abilities. That fuse mechanic alone  :o

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1301 on: March 28, 2023, 08:23:14 pm »
10 Days turn around.

Nintendo are the GOATs of this game shit.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1302 on: March 28, 2023, 08:23:14 pm »
Holy shit!

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/I0-nzrEft4w" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/I0-nzrEft4w</a>

10 minutes of gameplay demonstrating crazy new abilities. That fuse mechanic alone  :o

I'm in. Got a week off work few days after it launches as well. Fortuitous timing!
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1303 on: March 28, 2023, 09:38:32 pm »
10 Days turn around.

Nice one, I need to send mine off. Will do it after Easter though :P

Did you send both joy cons off or just one?

Offline meady1981

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #1304 on: March 28, 2023, 10:36:54 pm »
Nice one, I need to send mine off. Will do it after Easter though :P

Did you send both joy cons off or just one?

Just one!

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1305 on: March 29, 2023, 07:47:45 am »

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1306 on: March 29, 2023, 09:09:06 am »
Holy shit!

That degree of freedom to mash items together must be a nightmare for level design and testing.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline emergency exit

• Anny Roader
    • X-Realms
« Reply #1307 on: March 29, 2023, 09:58:36 am »
Here’s a summary for anyone who can’t be bothered to watch the video:

- The ground level world of Hyrule has changed. We are invited to explore.
- The territories in the sky are called sky islands.
- You can reach the sky islands through various means that make use of Link’s new powers.
- For instance, if you track down an object that fell from the sky (a regular occurence, it seems), you can position yourself on top of that object and then, using a new power, reverse its motion, sending the object (and you) back up to the sky. (Think bullets flying back into the gun in Inception.)
- Another new power is called Fuse: You can literally fuse together any two objects to create something new. For instance, if you fuse a tree branch with a rock, you get a makeshift hammer - a significantly stronger and more durable weapon.
- In the video, you also see how Link fuses together three logs to create a little boat that can carry him over a river that would otherwise be too wide to swim across. He also attaches two wind turbines to propel the boat forward.
- By the same token, you can also attach said turbines to a plank and propel yourself upwards to a sky islands. You really get the impression that the only limit is the player’s imagination!
- The base robotic enemies that Link encounters on the sky islands are called Constructs.
- The glitch from Breath of the Wild where you could clip through walls is now an actual gameplay feature: Link’s new power “Ascend” lets you beam yourself upwards and straight THROUGH any given ceiling. If a mountain is too high to scale, look for a cave and ascend through its ceiling to magically morph yourself on top of the mountain!

Holy shit!

« Last Edit: March 29, 2023, 10:01:12 am by emergency exit »

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1308 on: March 29, 2023, 02:38:55 pm »
That degree of freedom to mash items together must be a nightmare for level design and testing.

To be honest, after the first game the reveal video could literally have been the developer’s personally calling me a c*nt and I’d have bought it anyway but this sounds incredible.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #1309 on: March 29, 2023, 02:43:45 pm »
Holy shit!

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #1310 on: March 30, 2023, 12:50:02 am »
Just ordered that TOTK-themed OLED Switch. I really umm'd and aahh'd about it, but did some research and saw they released a new Switch model in 2019 (mine is 2018) with a new Chip which improved battery life by 50%. So along with the flashier OLED features I will get an upgrade in battery life too. Worth it overall surely.

The Switch is an amazing console that will last for years after its gone (like the DS and 3DS) and having a model that is 4-5 years more "newer" than my current one is gonna make it last a super long time in my life. That's what I told myself anyway when I was getting the credit card out.

Offline meady1981

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #1311 on: March 30, 2023, 07:49:58 am »
What’s usually the deal with physical releases of big games, will I be able to just rock up somewhere and buy it on release week (in London) or are they like rocking horse shite.

Think I might flog BoTW to fund it

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1312 on: March 30, 2023, 09:07:57 am »
Games are usually fine.
Cex trade in of botw might be worth looking into.

Offline Jm55

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1313 on: March 30, 2023, 01:27:30 pm »
What’s usually the deal with physical releases of big games, will I be able to just rock up somewhere and buy it on release week (in London) or are they like rocking horse shite.

Think I might flog BoTW to fund it

Be fine, they’re usually everywhere.

Offline emergency exit

• Anny Roader
    • X-Realms
« Reply #1314 on: April 13, 2023, 05:44:27 pm »
Wow, just wow...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/uHGShqcAHlQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/uHGShqcAHlQ</a>

Less than a month to go till May 12th!

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1315 on: April 13, 2023, 06:00:19 pm »
I am going to have to find the power cord for my game pad and finish botw.

Offline Disregarder

• Anny Roader
  • TV's own
« Reply #1316 on: April 13, 2023, 06:30:01 pm »
The other trailers suggested Tears of the Kingdom was going to be just like Botw but with a few tweaks, which would've been good but this latest peek blows that idea out of the water. Can't believe I'm this excited at my age(46) about a game coming out.
My 8k rig goes boom

Offline emergency exit

• Anny Roader
    • X-Realms
« Reply #1317 on: April 13, 2023, 07:35:09 pm »
I'm enjoying watching people on Youtube collectively loosing their minds over this trailer  ;D

Gaaah, the music alone!

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1318 on: April 13, 2023, 07:43:39 pm »
What am I missing?
Looks like a repackage of BOTW, some new bells and whistles. Which is not bad mind you.

Offline emergency exit

• Anny Roader
    • X-Realms
« Reply #1319 on: April 13, 2023, 08:30:02 pm »
Huh, I had the opposite reaction  ;D

This new trailer is the first one that made it abundantly clear to me that Tears of the Kingdom is a WHOLE different beast.