Author Topic: Starfield: PC & Xbox Series X|S  (Read 5167 times)

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
Re: Starfield: PC & Xbox Series X|S
« Reply #80 on: September 8, 2023, 11:52:31 pm »
Picked it up Wednesday finished it Friday. It was a decent game but I expected it to take longer. I got to level 25 doing the main missions and then it just finished. Was quite surprised that was the end.

Now I’m bored with it.

Sucks.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81 on: September 9, 2023, 12:02:52 am »
Bethesda games normally pull me in, Elder Scrolls, Fallout, but not Starfield, I'm not saying it's a bad game, it's fairly good, maybe the 30fps on Xbox is breaking the immersion for me, low frame rates give me a headache now.

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: September 9, 2023, 09:32:22 am »
I'm in the camp of it's what you make of it really, yes the ui and inventory etc. are a bit pants and buying/selling is clunky..

But there are little nuggets of great joy to be found.

I decided when I arrived on Mars to sneak into the UC secuirty office and open the case next to them, got myself a lovely legendary rifle..

Also got arrested, chose to fight, got jumped by 6+ UC security, died a few times

Then managed to get to my ship, got attacked by level 32 cruisers, died some more, then managed to boost out of combat and grav jump to my next mission planet, found that was also UC and got killed a few more times..

So grav jumped to a random planet, found an outpost with a bounty board which was 15k credits (which I didn't have), so explored the planet and found an abounded research facility with pirates all over, cleared the place, looted it all, went back to the outpost, sold my loot, paid off my bounty..

Back to Mars and I'm now a clean and lovely citizen on re-entry despite killing several UC secuirty 3 hours earlier :D

Now that to me was intense great fun.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #83 on: September 9, 2023, 01:35:13 pm »
Played this for a bit yesterday, got to New Atlantis and was messing around there for a while. Even getting to a different district is a low-effort fade to black. Meh.

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #84 on: September 9, 2023, 01:56:49 pm »
Nah, that's just the quick travel. You can actually walk from district to district as they're way smaller than they seem to be at first. Not sure whether that's also true for the district where your spaceship is parked, but the other three districts (the one with the shop, embassy district and the one with the flats) are basically one big area. The quest marker just make you use the fast travel with that subway thingy.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: September 9, 2023, 02:42:38 pm »
Decided to start over and replay it without really doing the main missions. I think I rushed them right from the start and will see what the game really has to offer.

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: September 10, 2023, 07:34:17 am »
Decided to start over and replay it without really doing the main missions. I think I rushed them right from the start and will see what the game really has to offer.
I got to one of the first main missions (go to Mars) and intended on doing it but got sidetracked by some random quest which led to another and so on and it's been 10 hours and I still haven't travelled to Sol yet. I was pleasantly surprised as I didn't expect the random exploration to be as rewarding as in ES and Fallout
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #87 on: September 10, 2023, 07:25:44 pm »
Happy I continued past New Atlantis, which is the worst looking game city I've seen for the past 20 years. Looks like a placeholder. PS2 graphics.

Playing on Xbox X with Motion Blur off and it really aint too bad. I like the stories so far and am quite immersed.
I have no idea what I’m taking about

Offline stoa

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: September 10, 2023, 10:46:09 pm »
New Atlantis is basically the worst case scenario for the engine. Huge squares with loads of those non-name awful looking NPCs and when there's no big square, there's loads of foliage which also looks horrible in the game. And if there's none of that stuff, there's water, which also looks bad. Haven't been to Neon or whatever it's called, but visited Akila City and none of the bad stuff stands out there like it does in New Atlantis.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #89 on: September 11, 2023, 09:27:26 am »
New Atlantis is awful, I put the game down there and I’ll pick it back up at some point. Probably. There’s better games to play.

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: September 11, 2023, 02:23:20 pm »
New Atlantis and the game itself started clicking for me once I went down into The Well.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: September 16, 2023, 05:34:06 am »
The Faction quests (UC Vanguard, Crimson Fleet , Ryujin) are fantastic, much better than the main quest.

Offline Snail

• Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #92 on: September 29, 2023, 03:09:27 pm »
It’s quite telling how dead this thread is.

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: September 29, 2023, 04:24:59 pm »

Haha I'm still enjoying it but I play maybe an hour a night if I'm lucky so only level 22.

I have realised I have zero interest in crafting, outposts and ship building so I expect there will be little to no end game for me, which is fine the core game is good fun.

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: September 29, 2023, 04:35:00 pm »
It's a good game, that has some flaws. I'm still very much enjoying it. I've barely played it in the last couple of weeks after playing far too many hours in the first week it was out, needed a break from it and been mad with work.

the inventory management and outpost system are really frustrating though.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: September 29, 2023, 06:46:55 pm »
I literally can't play it while it's capped at 30fps on Series X, makes me feel seasick.

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: September 30, 2023, 05:28:31 am »
I think it's fantastic and I've put in about 3 days playing time so far, but I can't imagine playing it on console and/or without mods.

The POI proc gen repetition is starting to irk me though, especially when smaller titles like Remnant 2 do it much better.

Offline Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: September 30, 2023, 09:59:27 am »
I literally can't play it while it's capped at 30fps on Series X, makes me feel seasick.

Try to turn off Motion Blur. At least that's what did it for me  :)

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: November 14, 2023, 12:47:30 pm »

Starfield was made for Gamepass, if I'd of bought this on launch I'd be feeling obliged to keep playing it till completion or near completion despite the tedious nature of the game. Alas I can feel completely happy to drop it after a few hours. There's a post on Reddit I saw about Skyrim currently having more daily players than Starfield on steam and of course you get the argument that people are playing on Gamepass but it's the opposite, people are dropping it quicker on a service like Gamepass because you can just "move on" and that's the mentality people have with that service. So many people have already moved on from this game it's unreal.

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #99 on: November 14, 2023, 12:49:19 pm »

I was so excited for this, but in the end didn’t even bother getting it.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: November 14, 2023, 12:50:16 pm »
I was so excited for this, but in the end didn’t even bother getting it.

I loved the first play through, but did it quickly which completely killed any motivation to replay it.

Offline stoa

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: November 14, 2023, 01:16:57 pm »
The problem for me is, that it is a typical Bethesda game with an important part of what makes them enjoyable taken out. There are still five million different (big and small) questlines you kind of get lost in, but it gets tedious after a while. What games like Fallout or Skyrim have to make them more enjoyable is a sense of exploration. You walk from town to town and find different places in between them. That's completely lacking in Starfield. Instead you get a space travel/spaceship mechanic that is nice, but in the end completely pointless. At the same time, I'm probably not 100 percent the target audience for Bethesda's games. I enjoy them a lot initially and I like exploring the worlds they have created. However, I almost always get to a point, where I have five million quests in my log and just lose focus up to the point where I can't really be arsed with all of them. It's why I don't really get the over the top fascination a lot of people sem to have for the likes of Skyrim and Fallout. I like open world games, but I still want some guidance and the world "opening" up bit for bit.

Offline ScottScott

• Thugby...It's just not rugger old chap!!!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: November 14, 2023, 02:19:02 pm »
I absolutely love it. Still playing it now, taking my time with it. I love this setting more than Fallout and definitely more than Skyrim but I can see people's issues with it

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: November 14, 2023, 02:48:54 pm »
The problem for me is, that it is a typical Bethesda game with an important part of what makes them enjoyable taken out. There are still five million different (big and small) questlines you kind of get lost in, but it gets tedious after a while. What games like Fallout or Skyrim have to make them more enjoyable is a sense of exploration. You walk from town to town and find different places in between them. That's completely lacking in Starfield. Instead you get a space travel/spaceship mechanic that is nice, but in the end completely pointless. At the same time, I'm probably not 100 percent the target audience for Bethesda's games. I enjoy them a lot initially and I like exploring the worlds they have created. However, I almost always get to a point, where I have five million quests in my log and just lose focus up to the point where I can't really be arsed with all of them. It's why I don't really get the over the top fascination a lot of people sem to have for the likes of Skyrim and Fallout. I like open world games, but I still want some guidance and the world "opening" up bit for bit.

This prettty much sums up my feelings. I loved it to start with, and played a lot of hours, but I've just played so many side quests now that I'm just bored now and haven't finished the main story. Haven't played it in about a month now, keep meaning to go back and finish the story but never quite get round to it.

Offline Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: November 14, 2023, 10:51:58 pm »
This prettty much sums up my feelings. I loved it to start with, and played a lot of hours, but I've just played so many side quests now that I'm just bored now and haven't finished the main story. Haven't played it in about a month now, keep meaning to go back and finish the story but never quite get round to it.

Exactly. My biggest "mistake" was taking some time away from it. Now it almost feels like a chore getting back into it, as I've got to try and pick up on my trail of thought for all the open quest lines  :-X

Offline stoa

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: November 15, 2023, 04:53:18 am »
Exactly. My biggest "mistake" was taking some time away from it. Now it almost feels like a chore getting back into it, as I've got to try and pick up on my trail of thought for all the open quest lines  :-X

That's how most of those games end for me. I play them a lot when I get them, but there just comes a point when you get sick of running from place to place to finish a quest that stretches further and further with misson after mission slapped on. It's not enough you go to some place, fight a bunch of dudes and retrieve an item, when you get back to the person who gave you the quest, they then tell you that the item is broken or not enough or whatever other thing you need to do with it. Then you bring it to some other person who needs you to do five million other things before they help you and so on. I'm okay with stuff like that, if the thing you want to get from the initial quest is something big (or even the whole overarching storyline), but after a while I can't be arsed being sent on the same merry-go-round for some sidequest I will have forgotten five minutes after I've finished it.

When I reach the point of not being arsed I need to take a break (or I need to take a break in general after playing too much) and too often when I fire the game back up after a bit I have no clue of what I'm supposed to do and then just can't be arsed in general...

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: November 15, 2023, 05:10:59 am »
I'll get back to it when they've released the DLSS patch. I kinda miss playing it, but am in no rush just yet. Excellent game IMO though it seems to have disappointed a lot of people, hopefully they listen to the feedback and shake things up for ES6.

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• You will always find him in the kitchen at parties (most likely alone in a corner with a half-empty glass of Tizer keeping his powder dry...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
« Reply #107 on: February 14, 2024, 03:57:22 pm »
Just started playing this. Just landed in New Atlantis.

Any tips? I feel like I should just take it all in, not rush anything and just go with the flow.

Im not enjoying how many objects there are to pick up. I'm picking everything up pretty much. Is it worth it?
"Salahs in here......"

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: February 14, 2024, 04:37:42 pm »

Any tips? I feel like I should just take it all in, not rush anything and just go with the flow.

Im not enjoying how many objects there are to pick up. I'm picking everything up pretty much. Is it worth it?

That's a mistake I made at first. Unlike Fallout there is no real beneft to picking up junk, unless you're just into collecting stuff like all the books.

I still haven't gone back and finished this since about 3 weeks after it came out.

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: February 15, 2024, 06:30:18 am »

Don't rush and focus on the things you like doing, the game takes a while to get going. Start on the UC Vanguard questline, the main quest is worth progressing to a certain point where it unlocks abilities, but it's much weaker than the faction questlines such as the Vanguard one above so take breaks from it.

No point picking everything up, if it's money you're after just get enemy weapons and sell them. There are green magazines that give you permanent bonuses, that's the only thing you need to keep an eye out for.

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: February 16, 2024, 09:09:31 am »
I was going to buy this, but every review I've read on it seems pretty negative. Think I'll give it a miss until people start making different mods for it.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #111 on: February 16, 2024, 12:59:37 pm »
I was going to buy this, but every review I've read on it seems pretty negative. Think I'll give it a miss until people start making different mods for it.

That might be the problem though, people just might not want to bother making the mods to make it better. I haven't played it much, love the idea of it, but just seems so disjointed

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: February 16, 2024, 01:17:24 pm »
That might be the problem though, people just might not want to bother making the mods to make it better. I haven't played it much, love the idea of it, but just seems so disjointed
Starfield's already the 9th most modded game on Nexus Mods though.

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #113 on: February 16, 2024, 01:25:13 pm »
Starfield's already the 9th most modded game on Nexus Mods though.

Yeah but lots and lots of pointless stuff like Big asses, ENB, tiny tweaks, I'm not sure there is much there to draw people in/back

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• You will always find him in the kitchen at parties (most likely alone in a corner with a half-empty glass of Tizer keeping his powder dry...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
« Reply #114 on: February 16, 2024, 06:49:35 pm »
Don't rush and focus on the things you like doing, the game takes a while to get going. Start on the UC Vanguard questline, the main quest is worth progressing to a certain point where it unlocks abilities, but it's much weaker than the faction questlines such as the Vanguard one above so take breaks from it.

No point picking everything up, if it's money you're after just get enemy weapons and sell them. There are green magazines that give you permanent bonuses, that's the only thing you need to keep an eye out for.
That's actually really helpful, thanks.

I'll get back into it this weekend. Just left the room where you meet Sarah, so instead of carrying on with that I think I'm just going to explore.
"Salahs in here......"

Offline lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: February 22, 2024, 11:54:02 am »
I'm level 75, got three achievements left to get and had more wives than Papa Lazarou...