Author Topic: Jill's gorra boss Worcester Combi! (aka the weather thread)  (Read 332946 times)

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
Re: Jill's gorra boss Worcester Combi! (aka the weather thread)
« Reply #5720 on: May 14, 2023, 05:22:11 pm »
Its not full Rob until you wear shorts in the snow ;D
I've been know to clear snow in shorts and wellies. 😊
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Boston always unofficial

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5721 on: May 20, 2023, 07:54:43 pm »
Had a great week of sunny weather,half way thru our first exterior painting job of the year,today it's pissing down.

Offline Slippers

• atennerandwesaynomoreyeah?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5722 on: May 22, 2023, 08:27:06 pm »
Dry and sunny here with an invigorating Baltic breeze.

Offline ShrewKop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5723 on: May 26, 2023, 02:33:09 am »
Over here in Florida, we’ve been in an extreme drought until last week when the rainy season began. We’ve now had about 5” rain in the last few days, and the first tropical storm is developing despite hurricane season not starting until June 1st. It looks like it’s staying far away from Tampa where I’m at, but crazy how early this one has developed.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #5724 on: May 26, 2023, 03:17:37 am »
Florida is expected to be heavily impacted by rising sea levels. More specifically, the impacts will be felt most strongly in South Florida. Scientists expect the lower third of the state to be underwater by 2100, according to The Guardian.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #5725 on: May 26, 2023, 03:21:39 am »
Florida is expected to be heavily impacted by rising sea levels. More specifically, the impacts will be felt most strongly in South Florida. Scientists expect the lower third of the state to be underwater by 2100, according to The Guardian.

God works in mysterious ways…

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5726 on: May 27, 2023, 01:39:32 pm »
20 degrees hot C on Smiffdown

Raising by one at 2pm

Sunny all the way through

This is when my dad's DNA helps. I go right brown
« Last Edit: May 27, 2023, 01:53:36 pm by ToneLa »

Offline Slippers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5727 on: May 29, 2023, 09:05:45 pm »

The Guardian you say?

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5728 on: May 29, 2023, 09:24:43 pm »
Been bloody lovely in Crete today and really warm tonight walking back from the bar
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5729 on: May 29, 2023, 10:27:11 pm »
Been bloody lovely in Crete today and really warm tonight walking back from the bar
Enjoy the nice weather, Rob. 😎🌞

And the beer. 🍻
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #5730 on: May 30, 2023, 06:51:04 am »
Dry and sunny here with an invigorating Baltic breeze.
Where are you?

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5731 on: May 30, 2023, 09:21:47 am »
After a week or so of calm, sunny but still chilly days the strong, cold easterly's have returned battering everything in its way. 

My tomato plants which are full of unripened fruit are now wrapped in fleece jackets in the hope they can be saved and temps are back to 11-13° 🥶

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5732 on: May 30, 2023, 09:34:48 am »

Been 22 C down here over the weekend.  Can't beat long, summer days  8)
« Last Edit: May 30, 2023, 11:42:42 am by Red-Soldier »

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5733 on: May 30, 2023, 03:25:11 pm »
Enjoy the nice weather, Rob. 😎🌞

And the beer. 🍻

Just sat by the pool having a beer or 3, been the waterpark today, 27c all day. Will wander off about 7:30 for our evening meal then the bar. Tomorrow is our last full day, then back to reality
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5734 on: May 30, 2023, 04:00:30 pm »
Thinking of a weekend break in Gothenburg in late June/early July. Anyone been? Enough to do/see for a couple of days?

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5735 on: May 30, 2023, 04:08:59 pm »
Thinking of a weekend break in Gothenburg in late June/early July. Anyone been? Enough to do/see for a couple of days?
You could spend the whole weekend at Liseberget amusement park ;D

Offline Slippers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5736 on: May 30, 2023, 05:27:04 pm »
Where are you?

Sunny Pembrokeshire.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5737 on: May 31, 2023, 08:53:44 am »
Sunny Pembrokeshire.
Oh yeah, that famous stretch of Baltic coastline? ;) :P

Offline Slippers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5738 on: May 31, 2023, 09:30:24 am »
Oh yeah, that famous stretch of Baltic coastline? ;) :P

I'll have you know it's rather autumnal here this morning.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5739 on: May 31, 2023, 02:55:41 pm »
Shite weather on our last day Crete, warm but cloudy nearly all day and now raining,apparently Spain has yellow warning for rain, mad weather

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5740 on: May 31, 2023, 03:02:46 pm »
Another 21 C sunny day here, today  8)

Looking like that for at least, another week.  Not great for the plants though.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5741 on: May 31, 2023, 03:34:44 pm »
I'll have you know it's rather autumnal here this morning.
We're looking at a potential ground frost the next few nights. It's June tomorrow. FML.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5742 on: June 1, 2023, 07:22:36 am »
I see a fella from Liverpool has been killed by lightning while paddle boarding off Rhodes.We had a big thunderstorm here last night, loads of lightning and booming thunder

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5743 on: June 1, 2023, 07:27:21 am »
I see a fella from Liverpool has been killed by lightning while paddle boarding off Rhodes.We had a big thunderstorm here last night, loads of lightning and booming thunder

Why the fuck would anyone want to be on water during a thunderstorm?

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5744 on: June 1, 2023, 08:36:16 am »
I was on holiday in Cuba about 20 years ago and I saw a massive, massive storm approaching from the sea. I warned everyone to take cover. Most ignored me. It wasn't until the thing slammed into the resort that people took me seriously. Muppets in the swimming pool thinking it was fun as the roof of the pool bar was being torn off.

An hour later, half the rooms' windows had shattered, the outdoor sunbathing areas and cafés were trashed, people were cowering behind outbuildings. The only safe place was the main reception building and even then we were taking cover in the staircase (often the strongest point in a building, by the way, fyi)

It's a miracle nobody was seriously hurt, what with branches, sunloungers, german towels, broken glass and sand flying everywhere.

Feel for that fella though - apparently he wasn't struck directly by the lightning bolt itself, it hit the water near him. Still. I've seen a terrifying video of a lightning strike hitting a small river and the whole thing just exploding.....

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5745 on: June 1, 2023, 09:03:54 am »

Alcohol.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5746 on: June 1, 2023, 09:40:53 am »
I remember us having numerous night time storms on Zante one summer. Absolutely stunning to watch. Same with Olu Deniz in Turkey, where we were riding horses in the mountains when a storm came right overhead. That was scary. The most intense one being on Ibiza though. I still can't believe Mrs Spion slept right through it. I've never seen anything quite like it. Virtually no gaps between lightning strikes. Constant strobing for hours with thunder reverberating around the mountains.

I saw that story about the fella killed. I can only assume he was already out on the water when the storm rolled in. I also remember seeing a story about how someone was struck by lightning on a jet ski under blue sky once, with the storm itself a good number of miles away in the distance. I've also seen lightning travel horizontally for many miles before coming to earth. More than the length of the Wirral, for instance. It's easy to feel safe if the storm is not that close, but that's not necessarily so. I love watching lightning, but it scares the hell out of me too.

Offline Slippers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5747 on: June 1, 2023, 09:42:51 am »
Another 21 C sunny day here, today  8)

Looking like that for at least, another week.  Not great for the plants though.

It hammered down for about half an hour two weeks ago,that was the only rain we had last month.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5748 on: June 1, 2023, 10:40:02 am »
It hammered down for about half an hour two weeks ago,that was the only rain we had last month.

It's not good.  We are heading for another drought, I would think.

I've got burnt patches of ground in the garden.  Lots of heath fire warning down here too.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5749 on: June 1, 2023, 11:14:59 am »
It's not good.  We are heading for another drought, I would think.

I've got burnt patches of ground in the garden.  Lots of heath fire warning down here too.

Everywhere's parched here on Anglesey too. 

We've not had any rain for a month with nothing in the next 2wks at least but it's also not helping having the dry easterly winds we've had all year.

My pond level is down about 20-30cms already and we've not even hit summer yet.

Offline Boston always unofficial

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5750 on: June 1, 2023, 07:00:53 pm »
I'm thinking about putting the a/c unit in the window we're heading towards 90 for the next couple of days but a drop into the mid 50's for Saturday so ?

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5751 on: June 2, 2023, 07:12:28 am »
I remember us having numerous night time storms on Zante one summer. Absolutely stunning to watch. Same with Olu Deniz in Turkey, where we were riding horses in the mountains when a storm came right overhead. That was scary. The most intense one being on Ibiza though. I still can't believe Mrs Spion slept right through it. I've never seen anything quite like it. Virtually no gaps between lightning strikes. Constant strobing for hours with thunder reverberating around the mountains.

I saw that story about the fella killed. I can only assume he was already out on the water when the storm rolled in. I also remember seeing a story about how someone was struck by lightning on a jet ski under blue sky once, with the storm itself a good number of miles away in the distance. I've also seen lightning travel horizontally for many miles before coming to earth. More than the length of the Wirral, for instance. It's easy to feel safe if the storm is not that close, but that's not necessarily so. I love watching lightning, but it scares the hell out of me too.

We had a few flashes of lightning in Zante once, the boom from the thunder was ridiculously loud, sounded like a fighter jet.

Best storm I've seen was in Orlando, lighting ripping across the sky for hours.

Like Jim says, with water you don't need to be hit, it just has to hit the water. We went to Orlando on honeymoon and were chilling in wet n wild waterpark one day, lovely blue sky. About 10 miles away was a storm, so they closed the park until the storm passed,that was the first time I was made aware of the risks from a storm miles away

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5752 on: June 2, 2023, 09:36:06 am »
We had a few flashes of lightning in Zante once, the boom from the thunder was ridiculously loud, sounded like a fighter jet.

Best storm I've seen was in Orlando, lighting ripping across the sky for hours.

Like Jim says, with water you don't need to be hit, it just has to hit the water. We went to Orlando on honeymoon and were chilling in wet n wild waterpark one day, lovely blue sky. About 10 miles away was a storm, so they closed the park until the storm passed,that was the first time I was made aware of the risks from a storm miles away
Orlando is known as 'Lightning Alley' - I lived in St Cloud (not far from there) when I was 15 and I was so fascinated with the weather that I later became a meteorologist as a direct result of the influence of those times. Experienced two hurricanes, numerous tornado warnings (which scared the fuck out of me - "If you hear a sound like a train coming, get down - and pray...."), countless thunderstorms and lightning closer than any has ever hit since.

The lightning from blue sky phenomenon is surprisingly common and is called "dry lightning". The most dangerous places in a thunderstorm, where lightning is concerned, are around the edges, specifically the leading edge - rain (perhaps surprisingly, given how good a conductor of electricity water famously is!) suppresses lightning activity - something about interfering with the positive/negative charge factor.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5753 on: June 2, 2023, 02:20:19 pm »
His family have been in the Echo today saying that initial reports were false and he was not actually on his board in the water at all. He'd already returned to the beach.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5754 on: June 2, 2023, 02:31:49 pm »
His family have been in the Echo today saying that initial reports were false and he was not actually on his board in the water at all. He'd already returned to the beach.

Fucking hell, can journalists not fact check before they report? The reports I read all stated he was on the board being filmed by his girlfriend and she was frantically calling for him to get out of the water.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #5755 on: June 3, 2023, 06:55:51 am »
Fucking hell, can journalists not fact check before they report? The reports I read all stated he was on the board being filmed by his girlfriend and she was frantically calling for him to get out of the water.

Typical of the modern world, get the story out first & check for facts later. :no
#Sausages

Offline sheepfest

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #5756 on: June 3, 2023, 05:13:14 pm »
Third bbq this week and long may it continue, until the inevitable shortages of charcoal.

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5757 on: June 4, 2023, 12:12:57 pm »
Is hot

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5758 on: June 4, 2023, 12:50:33 pm »
It's not even that "hot" yet. But it's been dry for about three weeks with temps somewhere between 17-20C, with another fortnight at least of more of the same.

I'm seeing a lot of white grass around. I'm very much reminded of (was it?) 2018, where we essentially had six weeks of unbroken sunshine in June and July.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #5759 on: June 4, 2023, 01:12:19 pm »
kin el - it's a hot one today in the 'pool

goin to see coldplay in the emptihad later - hope i'm not sitting in the sun for too long as i'll turn from brown to yellow
Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend