Author Topic: Mingebags  (Read 256019 times)

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Mingebags
« Reply #2360 on: April 27, 2023, 01:47:16 pm »
Teabags are easier to just 'have in' compared to coffee as the instant stuff goes off after being open for a while.

No such problem with sugar though  ;D

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2361 on: April 27, 2023, 01:49:57 pm »
No way am I keeping coffee in the house in the rare event someone comes over.

Offline .adam

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2362 on: April 27, 2023, 01:54:13 pm »
Just checked and it's £2 for 8 sachets of decent brand instant coffee. You're definitely a mingebag if you're not willing to sink £2 into having some coffee in for a guest.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2363 on: April 27, 2023, 01:55:19 pm »
next time you're in a hotel in room with free tea/coffee, grab a couple of the sealed coffee things and keep them aside for an unexpected request.  they never get stale.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #2364 on: April 27, 2023, 02:13:44 pm »
next time you're in a hotel in room with free tea/coffee, grab a couple of the sealed coffee things and keep them aside for an unexpected request.  they never get stale.
oh i always take them

but usually find them in a bag 7 months later
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline stewil007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2365 on: April 27, 2023, 02:27:31 pm »
oh i always take them

Ha, that really is my life and it pisses the wife off no end.  For work i stay away 4 nights away and i'll take tea/coffee/hot chocolate/biscuits/shower gel and shampoo and i have to admit i am currently replacing all my coat hangers at home with the good solid ones from the hotel :)

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2366 on: April 27, 2023, 02:28:51 pm »
oh i always take them

when you have company drop by?  :)

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2367 on: April 27, 2023, 02:29:28 pm »
Teabags are easier to just 'have in' compared to coffee as the instant stuff goes off after being open for a while.

No such problem with sugar though  ;D
Does it really go off though?  Because I've been using the same jar of Gold Blend that I bought in the 80s and no one ever complains ;D

It's one of those things you never actually buy, like salt.  There is always salt and sugar in the house and I have no recollection of buying either.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2368 on: April 27, 2023, 02:41:46 pm »
when you have company drop by?  :)
Just the day Barney comes around

not buying him tea bags

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2369 on: April 27, 2023, 02:42:17 pm »
Just the day Barney comes around

not buying him tea bags
don't blame yer.

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2370 on: April 27, 2023, 02:43:00 pm »
Does it really go off though?  Because I've been using the same jar of Gold Blend that I bought in the 80s and no one ever complains ;D

It's one of those things you never actually buy, like salt.  There is always salt and sugar in the house and I have no recollection of buying either.

they breed and multiply overnight.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2371 on: April 27, 2023, 03:21:57 pm »

That's because all of your mates always bring their own and leave it at yours, because they know you can't be trusted to buy them.

It took a good friend to tell me the coffee is old and tastes shit. All the others just sipped on their cups and never said anything.  They usually declined the offer of another one :D
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline .adam

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2372 on: April 27, 2023, 03:41:24 pm »

Look at the colour of it. Instant coffee goes from a dark colour to a grey when it oxidises over time.

To be honest, I'm a bit of a coffee snob and don't drink instant but it definitely goes off.

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2373 on: April 27, 2023, 03:52:41 pm »
Look at the colour of it. Instant coffee goes from a dark colour to a grey when it oxidises over time.

To be honest, I'm a bit of a coffee snob and don't drink instant but it definitely goes off.
yeah it would go off

pod man myself

once you go to pods you never go back

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2374 on: April 27, 2023, 03:53:42 pm »

Maybe this is the thing, anyone who knows enough about coffee to tell the difference is probably not going to ask me for a cup of instant anyway.

Offline .adam

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2375 on: April 27, 2023, 03:57:18 pm »
Maybe this is the thing, anyone who knows enough about coffee to tell the difference is probably not going to ask me for a cup of instant anyway.

:D

I agree with Paul on the pods. I'm not into coffee enough to do all the bean grinding and spending a fortune on all the kit but I've got a Nespresso machine and love my morning coffee from it.

I remember reading something about the role of 7 (or maybe it was 5?)

Unroasted beans are meant to last 7 months, roasted beans 7 weeks and ground beans 7 days.

I'm sure that's it passing its completely optimal phase though rather than being inedible :D
« Last Edit: April 27, 2023, 03:59:22 pm by .adam »

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2376 on: April 27, 2023, 03:57:46 pm »
Just checked and it's £2 for 8 sachets of decent brand instant coffee. You're definitely a mingebag if you're not willing to sink £2 into having some coffee in for a guest.

A guest is someone you invite to your house. These 2 people turned up unannounced, and when I offered them tea they said no but they'll take a coffee.
They also thought it was weird I didn't have any even though I don't drink it  :D

I did have coffee a couple of years ago. Was that powdery shite that just ended up all stuck together in the wee jar, so I just fucked it out and never replaced it. My missus drinks it but she buys those weird ones you drink cold. Vile as fuck.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2377 on: April 27, 2023, 04:02:03 pm »
yeah i never got the iced stuff

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2378 on: April 27, 2023, 05:59:19 pm »
That's because all of your mates always bring their own and leave it at yours, because they know you can't be trusted to buy them.

It took a good friend to tell me the coffee is old and tastes shit. All the others just sipped on their cups and never said anything.  They usually declined the offer of another one :D
you need to PM Barney.  :)

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2379 on: May 18, 2023, 09:39:40 am »
Only noticed the title changing because of a remark about bananas

get away with nothing here :lmao

Online damomad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2380 on: May 18, 2023, 01:34:06 pm »
Only noticed the title changing because of a remark about bananas

get away with nothing here :lmao

It's only fair Razor, showed your true mingebag colours there!

One recently, for a 5-a-side we have a group chat where the bank details/Revolut of the booker are put in to make it easy to sort out the payment. One lad refuses to use it and always shows up with cash. One week he'll have a £20 and there'll be no-one with change, "I'll pay double next week". Next week, he's either not playing or someone else has booked and because it's only one person, it's almost forgotten about. We'd boot him out but we struggle to make 10 so put up with it, mingebag!
« Last Edit: May 18, 2023, 01:36:32 pm by damomad »
You're still the one pool where I'd happily drown

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2381 on: May 18, 2023, 02:45:58 pm »
It's only fair Razor, showed your true mingebag colours there!

One recently, for a 5-a-side we have a group chat where the bank details/Revolut of the booker are put in to make it easy to sort out the payment. One lad refuses to use it and always shows up with cash. One week he'll have a £20 and there'll be no-one with change, "I'll pay double next week". Next week, he's either not playing or someone else has booked and because it's only one person, it's almost forgotten about. We'd boot him out but we struggle to make 10 so put up with it, mingebag!
tbf the young fella does like them so they get bought, i dont like them as they would literally empty my stomach both ways, then again I am tryna diet so maybe I will try a few

anyway yeah, the guy possibly knows what he is doing. He knows no one will have change so he plays for free

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #2382 on: May 18, 2023, 03:25:16 pm »
The organiser just needs to take the twenty quid and say "Hang on I'll get your change" and then say "sorry no change at the moment but this twenty will cover your next X number of sessions, cheers"

And walk off. Added bonus is that now he's 'paid' he WILL have to turn up for next few sessions to get his mingebag money's worth so it'll help boost your numbers

I feel people are too soft with mingebags. They need robust handling
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2383 on: May 18, 2023, 05:41:04 pm »
Just tell him 20 minutes before the next game that if he's not paying, he's not playing. It's not that difficult to quickly run into a shop and buy a drink which will give him change. He's taking advantage, which is what mingebags specialize in.

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2384 on: May 18, 2023, 05:53:02 pm »
or copy the responses here an email them to him.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #2385 on: May 18, 2023, 09:32:05 pm »
And presumably by now he owes £20.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #2386 on: July 9, 2023, 08:03:29 pm »
Got a fairly mundane but annoying one to bump the thread with.

A friend is getting married in Spain next year and a group of couples has been invited. After chatting about it for a while, we all decided to go for a week (due to the flights being too expensive to justify only doing a night or two) and make a holiday of it.

Apparently, the area we’re going to is famous for weddings and pretty much all hotels were booked up. One option was a town further down the coast that’s an all inclusive in a small resort. Hotel looked good, price was acceptable. Most couples decided to go all inclusive as there is very little in the way of restaurants close by.

Anyway, we all met up last week and noted the flights etc and went away individually to book. We saw everyone last night and one of my mates’ girlfriends told me they’d booked half board instead, as they don’t eat enough to need all inclusive. Fair enough. I asked were they gonna skip lunch and weren’t they bothered about paying for drinks in the day. Her answer ‘well we thought seeing as all of you have unlimited drinks and bar snacks etc that we could just tag along and you maybe grab us a few drinks throughout the day. We don’t eat and drink as much as you.’

I told her that wouldn’t be happening and she got in a right mood with me. My mate stayed away as he didn’t want to get involved but the cheek of thinking you can pay for a lesser option and have others essentially upgrade your service through money they’ve paid. Cheeky mingebag behaviour. The entitlement of assuming people would be fine with ferrying them drinks and snacks we’ve paid for and they’ve not.

I was wound up for about an hour after.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2387 on: July 9, 2023, 08:07:09 pm »

A friend is getting married in Spain next year and a group of couples has been invited. After chatting about it for a while, we all decided to go for a week (due to the flights being too expensive to justify only doing a night or two) and make a holiday of it.

Apparently, the area we’re going to is famous for weddings and pretty much all hotels were booked up. One option was a town further down the coast that’s an all inclusive in a small resort. Hotel looked good, price was acceptable. Most couples decided to go all inclusive as there is very little in the way of restaurants close by.

Anyway, we all met up last week and noted the flights etc and went away individually to book. We saw everyone last night and one of my mates’ girlfriends told me they’d booked half board instead, as they don’t eat enough to need all inclusive. Fair enough. I asked were they gonna skip lunch and weren’t they bothered about paying for drinks in the day. Her answer ‘well we thought seeing as all of you have unlimited drinks and bar snacks etc that we could just tag along and you maybe grab us a few drinks throughout the day. We don’t eat and drink as much as you.’

I told her that wouldn’t be happening and she got in a right mood with me. My mate stayed away as he didn’t want to get involved but the cheek of thinking you can pay for a lesser option and have others essentially upgrade your service through money they’ve paid. Cheeky mingebag behaviour. The entitlement of assuming people would be fine with ferrying them drinks and snacks we’ve paid for and they’ve not.

wow.  I'd be wound up a lot more than an hour.  the woman is an idiot as well as a mingebag - all she had to do was say nothing and chances are someone in the group would bring them stuff to eat/drink and she could pretend to be embarrassed etc etc while feasting on it.

how did the others react?

Online damomad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2388 on: July 9, 2023, 08:10:36 pm »
Mingebaggery of the highest degree DS, you would pay the full price twice there, both for the all inclusivity and also if you get caught giving away drinks to non paying clientele. How is it fair you take that risk? Did the right thing telling her where to go.
You're still the one pool where I'd happily drown

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #2389 on: July 9, 2023, 08:13:55 pm »
wow.  I'd be wound up a lot more than an hour.  the woman is an idiot as well as a mingebag - all she had to do was say nothing and chances are someone in the group would bring them stuff to eat/drink and she could pretend to be embarrassed etc etc while feasting on it.

how did the others react?
Honestly if they said nothing and their wristbands weren’t a give away, I bet they could’ve just asked us to grab them drinks while we were up and no one would notice.

The others all agreed with me albeit were silent at the time and happy for me to be the one who told her, which didn’t help because she’s read it as a her v me thing.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #2390 on: July 9, 2023, 08:54:19 pm »
Part of the fun of going half board on holiday is robbing the breakfast buffet of rolls and fruit for a bit of poolside grazing and getting your cheap cans of coke/local beer for the fridge in your room. Tell her to ask me for tips if she needs any advice.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #2391 on: July 9, 2023, 09:12:33 pm »
Part of the fun of going half board on holiday is robbing the breakfast buffet of rolls and fruit for a bit of poolside grazing and getting your cheap cans of coke/local beer for the fridge in your room. Tell her to ask me for tips if she needs any advice.

Cue screen name change to Mingebagsands Clink...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #2392 on: July 9, 2023, 11:52:19 pm »
. Her answer ‘well we thought seeing as all of you have unlimited drinks and bar snacks etc that we could just tag along and you maybe grab us a few drinks throughout the day. We don’t eat and drink as much as you.’

Reckon this is an example mingedoggybaggery?
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2393 on: July 9, 2023, 11:55:43 pm »
Reckon this is an example mingedoggybaggery?
:thumbup well done.

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2394 on: July 10, 2023, 12:02:46 am »
reminds me of a (v nice) hotel we stayed at in Kuala Lumpur,  breakfast included, was pretty damn good. 

on the first morning noticed people touring the serving area after they'd finished eating, filling bags with anything they could realistically put in them. not even attempting to be subtle about it.

I'm not averse to walking out with a piece of fruit (or even a tub of yoghurt for a snack later in the day) but this was blatant as hell and each day the number doing it seemed to grow.

(no. I didn't get into it :) )

Offline sheepfest

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #2395 on: July 10, 2023, 12:20:37 am »

Now that is a classic and not mundane. It's shitty behaviour of the highest fucking order. No doubt first in line for when the bar opens.

Although must confess my first ever all inclusive this year. Drinks aside I have no idea how people eat all the food on offer. Breakfast until 10am, then a lunch restaurant opened at 11.30am until 4.30pm with the main restaurant opening at 6pm with coffee, ice cream and cake before dinner. 

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #2396 on: July 10, 2023, 09:14:00 am »
I'm not averse to walking out with a piece of fruit

I was the opposite at a hotel in Germany a few years ago, the breakfast buffet looked amazing but not really 'breakfasty' to my British sensibilities, so I would just have some fruit etc but also make up a bread roll with some cheese, salad & salami, then smuggle it out to eat at a more appropriate time.

I do remember being on a group tour in Croatia and one of the lads was grabbing half a dozen hard boiled eggs each day from the buffet for snacking purposes later on. Guy claimed to have some high-paying job in London and his PA had booked his flight there, last I heard of him he wouldn't come to the reunion drinks up in York because he refused to wear a mask on public transport.
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2397 on: July 10, 2023, 09:42:53 am »
drinks sangria, jesus what a bitch that one is

I would just get them a glass of water to piss them off

I wouldnt mind if they offered money but thats just piggybacking off everyone else and letting them pay

total mingebaggery

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
« Reply #2398 on: August 16, 2023, 01:12:51 pm »
This is by far my favourite thread on here, I am always stunned by the levels of mingebaggery in people.

Anyhoooo......

I'm off to America in a few weeks and because most of my mates are flying from Heathrow, we all agreed to get a hotel near the airport the night before so we can chill out and have a few beers etc.
One of the lads coming on the holiday is the worst mingebag I know and has starred in this thread previously I think. The man literally has no shame, for example he repeatedly asks for tap water in restaurants and then sees his arse if they charge him for it.

He said to me, "do you want to share a room the night before we fly", I have no problem with that, but told him I won't be sharing with anyone in the USA cos I like my own space sometimes.
The mingebag phoned me up the other day and drops into the conversation that "we'll have to sneak Matt in when he arrives", upon asking what he was on about, he's only gone and invited another lad to stay in the room, knowing full well its a two person room. I asked, "how does 3 go into 2, because I ain't sharing a bed with nobody", he had the cheek to say, "well I thought we could flip a coin to see who kips on the floor!"

The tight fooker said he was only trying to keep the price down and was whining, "ohhhh I was only trying to do the right thing!", its a fooking Premier Inn, not The Savoy.
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2399 on: August 16, 2023, 02:08:04 pm »
he is not just tight he is a fucking prick, he had no right to invite someone in like that. If you can afford your own room just tell him to book his own room and him and his mate can flip a coin

sounds like we have the same mate only a different city, know someone who would just invite a load of randomers in for no reason.