Author Topic: The Real Bill Shankly  (Read 17301 times)

Pheeny

Re: The Real Bill Shankly
« Reply #40 on: August 5, 2008, 09:03:55 am »
any excuse for a bump eh Unc :)
yea

Not that I'm your Unc...

Offline The Bill Hicks Appreciation Society

• It's not much I know, but this is the best Barney could come up with at short notice. Too tight to buy his own cross-dressing gear. AKA 'Condomhead'. Has apparently had Elton John.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Lest we forget
    • Check out my RedmenTV Blogs
« Reply #41 on: August 5, 2008, 10:04:08 am »
yea

Not that I'm your Unc...

You still could be, just say the word! Victor Gill is one helluva catch, and it's all legal and above board these days.
Please take a look at my latest blog for theredmentv "Dispelling the Rodgers/Martinez myth" http://www.theredmentv.com/blog/p/263 All other blogs can be read at www.theredmentv.com/blog Let me know your thoughts

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #42 on: August 6, 2008, 08:53:41 pm »
Shankly Show returns by popular demand

Aug 1 2008

by Mike Chapple, Liverpool Daily Post

Sandy West in dress rehearsal for the Shankly Show

THE Shankly Show, the Capital of Culture tribute to the legendary Liverpool manager, is to be resurrected – by popular demand.

The 90-minute show, appropriately split into two 45-minute halves, had its world premiere at a sell-out performance at the Liverpool Olympia on April 24 with Scottish actor Alexander “Sandy” West taking on the one-man role.

Many LFC fans could not get tickets for the one-off show so the Royal Court Theatre is bringing it back for a fortnight run in October with West reprising his role as the charismatic manager who is still revered 27 years after his death.

“One night was simply not enough to celebrate someone as great as Bill Shankly – and if we can’t celebrate his life in 2008 then when can we?” said theatre spokesman Iain Christie of the play written by Liverpool playwright Andrew Sherlock and which is supplemented with film footage from some of the great moments during Shankly’s time at Anfield before he unexpectedly resigned from the club in 1974.

Mr Christie added: “There are 45,000 people who go to Anfield for every home game so if ever there was a ready-made audience for someone who was arguably Liverpool’s greatest manager, then here it is.

“We are opening up the whole theatre to its full 1,200 capacity and expecting every night from Friday, October 3 to Saturday, October 17 to be a sell-out as this is a fairly short run for us and none of the performances clash with any big games.

“And like the Olympia show, we’re also expecting very vibrant crowds. We’re encouraging people to bring along their banners and scarves and to sing along with the chants if they want to. We’re even considering setting up a Bovril pump on the bar to add a little match day authenticity.”

http://icliverpool.icnetwork.co.uk/capitalofculture/news/tm_headline=shankly-show-returns-by-popular-demand&method=full&objectid=21447978&siteid=50061-name_page.html

Offline Morse

• -- --- .-. ... . .-.-..
  • No new LFC topics
  • Main Stander
« Reply #43 on: August 10, 2008, 01:28:23 am »
Can't wait to read it.