Author Topic: Roberto Firmino  (Read 2002221 times)

Offline Red-Dread

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Roberto Firmino
« Reply #9520 on: June 21, 2019, 01:16:35 am »
Bobby's got married [emoji322][emoji323][emoji3060][emoji898][emoji1635][emoji179]

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

...a couple of years ago :)
first ever avatar..... ben(d)oak

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9521 on: June 21, 2019, 01:57:30 am »

I was thinking that is boss in the middle of the Copa - the loon :D

Offline Mr_Shane

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9522 on: June 21, 2019, 02:11:50 am »
He could be loony enough to throw another lavish wedding and marry the same woman again.  ;D

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9523 on: June 21, 2019, 06:40:20 am »

Thought it was weird timing in the middle of a tournament [emoji2356]

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Offline Lofty Ambitions

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9524 on: June 22, 2019, 09:12:29 pm »
Bobby with one of his trademark no-look goals again. Has he trademarked them? If not, he must. Gotta love our Mad Brazilian.

https://streamja.com/3A1q
The Boy from Brazil!
Redeem us in your stone arms
Float like Papillon
Transfer Haiku by Bud P Austin

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #9525 on: June 22, 2019, 09:39:32 pm »
If one short clip could epitomise a player than it is that one. He starts off as Ian Rush stalking his prey. Not appearing to be interested in closing the ball down but magically closing the distance. Shifting his run to cut off the Keepers angle of delivery and then a blur as he anticipates the clearance, blocks it and then nonchalantly chests it down. Shimmies past the keeper and then gives it the no look.

Probably the most under rated player I have seen since the King himself.

If football was a chess match then Bobby is five moves ahead. 
« Last Edit: June 22, 2019, 10:22:54 pm by Al 666 »
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #9526 on: June 22, 2019, 09:58:36 pm »
Bobby is just mega fantastic, sublime skills mixed with a devious and subtle touch. I love his no look goals no one does them better.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9527 on: June 22, 2019, 10:38:11 pm »

He's much further on than that. Someone once said that Kasparov was 52 moves deep into the Sicilian Najdorf. I am 5 deep and I am shit.

Saw a great photo of him today.

Bobby with one of his trademark no-look goals again. Has he trademarked them? If not, he must. Gotta love our Mad Brazilian.

Fucking beautiful Bobby  ;D

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9528 on: June 22, 2019, 10:57:45 pm »
If one short clip could epitomise a player than it is that one. He starts off as Ian Rush stalking his prey. Not appearing to be interested in closing the ball down but magically closing the distance. Shifting his run to cut off the Keepers angle of delivery and then a blur as he anticipates the clearance, blocks it and then nonchalantly chests it down. Shimmies past the keeper and then gives it the no look.

Genuinely can’t believe hes so underrated, because there’s literally no other player like him, proven at the top level.

An astonishing footballer, and probably epitomises Klopp’s team more than any other. That’s saying a lot given the talent all throughout the team, but the reason I say it is because he’s the most complete footballer we have. In a team of complete footballing talent, where fullbacks are our most potent attackers, our Goalkeeper attacks spaces aggressively, our record breaking goal scorer defends his fullbacks... Bobby’s the one that always has stood out. He’s exceptional. Love watching him do his thing on the pitch. Technically stupendous on the ball and tactically genius, his work rate is exceptional - again, it’s something that stands out in a team that has hard working, tactically adept, technically proficient players in every other position in his team. That’s big.

Reminds me of Alonso a bit. He was also a great footballer. Not as complete as Bobby, but underrated class and a winner. Someone only his own team’s supporters really appreciate because most of the work they do isn’t as obvious.

“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9529 on: June 22, 2019, 11:01:04 pm »

Perfectly said.
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #9530 on: June 22, 2019, 11:24:35 pm »
Genuinely can’t believe hes so underrated, because there’s literally no other player like him, proven at the top level.

An astonishing footballer, and probably epitomises Klopp’s team more than any other. That’s saying a lot given the talent all throughout the team, but the reason I say it is because he’s the most complete footballer we have. In a team of complete footballing talent, where fullbacks are our most potent attackers, our Goalkeeper attacks spaces aggressively, our record breaking goal scorer defends his fullbacks... Bobby’s the one that always has stood out. He’s exceptional. Love watching him do his thing on the pitch. Technically stupendous on the ball and tactically genius, his work rate is exceptional - again, it’s something that stands out in a team that has hard working, tactically adept, technically proficient players in every other position in his team. That’s big.

Reminds me of Alonso a bit. He was also a great footballer. Not as complete as Bobby, but underrated class and a winner. Someone only his own team’s supporters really appreciate because most of the work they do isn’t as obvious.

I think it is about perception.

Bobby isn't the quickest, he isn't the most physically imposing, he doesn't score a ridiculous amount of goals or assists. He isn't the best at linking the play or winning tackles. If you look at any one category he isn't that exceptional.

He isn't a Messi at dribbling or a Ronaldo at goalscoring. The thing is though each individual category needs different requisite physical and technical requirements. Bobby doesn't really conform to that. As footballers go he is a decathlete. He is in the top percentile in every requirement.

He is as comfortable showing an unbelievable touch in the final third as he is winning a defensive header in his own box. One minute he is winning a tackle in midfield the next he is running in behind. He is a physical specimen who is as strong as an ox one moment but can then have the creativity of a Silva.

Other teams have to play to the strengths of their front players, we have Bobby Firmino. 
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #9531 on: June 22, 2019, 11:48:21 pm »
Slightly worrying that he only just came back from injury and is going full swing on international duty with Brazil. As the team will likely go further in the tournament, we are going to lose him in the earlier part of pre-season.

Along with Salah, Mane in AFCON, and Robertson/TAA/Hederson/VVD/Gini playing internationals into early June, we just had too much football this year.

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9532 on: June 23, 2019, 12:23:28 am »
I think it is about perception.

Bobby isn't the quickest, he isn't the most physically imposing, he doesn't score a ridiculous amount of goals or assists. He isn't the best at linking the play or winning tackles. If you look at any one category he isn't that exceptional.

He isn't a Messi at dribbling or a Ronaldo at goalscoring. The thing is though each individual category needs different requisite physical and technical requirements. Bobby doesn't really conform to that. As footballers go he is a decathlete. He is in the top percentile in every requirement.

He is as comfortable showing an unbelievable touch in the final third as he is winning a defensive header in his own box. One minute he is winning a tackle in midfield the next he is running in behind. He is a physical specimen who is as strong as an ox one moment but can then have the creativity of a Silva.

Other teams have to play to the strengths of their front players, we have Bobby Firmino. 

This is the thing about Bobby really. Headline numbers individually he doesn’t seem as though he’s one of the very best footballers out there (which he definitely is in my eyes) - but it’s a team game. His work, on the margin, adds goals and keeps goals from going in our side - and he actually scores and assists a lot given that in my opinion. It’s a team game, and he’s one of the very best players out there that propels his team forward. And we all love his style - he does all of that hard work with proper flare. Scores more goals without looking than a lot of players and has the maddest celebrations. And the Kop gave him a song he deserves - brilliant.

One of my favourite moments of last season, a season full of amazing moments, was Anfield singing his song loud as he’d scored a few moments before. Then the song turning into the shrill roar only Anfield delivers as he breaks through and slots another one home. I can’t find a proper video of it, but it was brilliantly memorable.

Long may he reign.
“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #9533 on: June 23, 2019, 01:20:48 am »

Bobby Firmino goal for Brazil on 32' vs Peru in the 2019 Copa America - https://streamja.com/3A1q & https://streamable.com/9agu3 & https://streamable.com/tpzw4 & https://twitter.com/TaintlessRed/status/1142514545719742464 & https://twitter.com/Tactical_Times/status/1142525320509239296

^ Bobby knows... ;D

'Liverpool fans chanting the Bobby Firmino song in Madrid':-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/C3dTqxSdkS8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/C3dTqxSdkS8</a>

'Si senor! Bobby Firmino song in Barcelona boss session':-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/zcfd1Vonshc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/zcfd1Vonshc</a>

'EPIC Bobby Firmino Song at ABOSSNIGHT IN MUNICH LFC':-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/OEyFwWzHPwA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/OEyFwWzHPwA</a>
« Last Edit: June 23, 2019, 01:45:06 am by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Online Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9534 on: June 23, 2019, 01:48:14 am »

Roberto Firmino beats Peru goalkeeper Pedro Gallese with a ‘no-look’ finish

with a ‘no-look’ finish

;D
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline Lofty Ambitions

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9535 on: June 23, 2019, 06:27:07 am »

Knows his Kung Fu, too.

The Boy from Brazil!
Redeem us in your stone arms
Float like Papillon
Transfer Haiku by Bud P Austin

Offline groove

• eeeeee baby!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9536 on: June 23, 2019, 08:09:04 am »
Shouldn't it be Sim Senhor? He speaks Portuguese.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9537 on: June 23, 2019, 08:18:54 am »
Shouldn't it be Sim Senhor? He speaks Portuguese.

Yes, but Bobby is all over it. Said Si himself on Twitter :D

(And also the Brazilians swallow the m so it’s pretty much the same word phonetically)

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #9538 on: June 23, 2019, 08:32:31 am »
No look finish?

That was so no look that he almost became an owl.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #9539 on: June 23, 2019, 10:05:41 am »
Fucking boss lad, just fucking boss!

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #9540 on: June 23, 2019, 11:40:03 am »
He's much further on than that. Someone once said that Kasparov was 52 moves deep into the Sicilian Najdorf. I am 5 deep and I am shit.

Saw a great photo of him today.

Fucking beautiful Bobby  ;D

Nah, that's impossible. Beyond your opening, possibly 10-15 moves, there's going to be infinite number of combinations to calculate. If you're 5 moves ahead, calculating all candidate moves & consistently choosing the best move, then you have to be at least an IM, if not a basic GM.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #9541 on: June 23, 2019, 11:43:55 am »

Casual fans may not get him, but what he did so well unnoticed yesterday was that he constantly broke the opposition's defense by coming in deep (into a 10 territory), receiving the ball, laying it off and then making the run forward (like a 9). This confused the heck out of Peru. Then sometimes when he received the ball, he didn't make the run, but he supplied through-balls to others making the run (like a 10). They didn't know if he was a 10 or a 9 (because he does both) and they didn't know how to deal with him.

Online JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #9542 on: June 23, 2019, 11:52:47 am »
Nah, that's impossible. Beyond your opening, possibly 10-15 moves, there's going to be infinite number of combinations to calculate. If you're 5 moves ahead, calculating all candidate moves & consistently choosing the best move, then you have to be at least an IM, if not a basic GM.

Most games aren't 52 moves long!
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline Soucolorado

• Main Stander
« Reply #9543 on: June 23, 2019, 11:59:51 am »
Yes, but Bobby is all over it. Said Si himself on Twitter :D

(And also the Brazilians swallow the m so it’s pretty much the same word phonetically)

Being pedantic I wish it was sim too haha but as you say Bobby seems to have embraced it embraced it and the pronunciation isn't too different.

I don't think Bobby is appreciated here in Brazil as he should be, precisely because much of what he does isn't really captured by headline stats. Another factor is that like many players in the Seleção he left Brasil when he was quite young without making a name here.

But I'm glad Tite finally got to his senses and put him up front. Brasil would have been celebrating No. 6 last year too if he hadn't insisted on starting the misfiring Jesus.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2019, 12:43:10 pm by Soucolorado »

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #9544 on: June 23, 2019, 01:08:34 pm »
Being pedantic I wish it was sim too haha but as you say Bobby seems to have embraced it embraced it and the pronunciation isn't too different.

I don't think Bobby is appreciated here in Brazil as he should be, precisely because much of what he does isn't really captured by headline stats. Another factor is that like many players in the Seleção he left Brasil when he was quite young without making a name here.

But I'm glad Tite finally got to his senses and put him up front. Brasil would have been celebrating No. 6 last year too if he hadn't insisted on starting the misfiring Jesus.

Tite's Own Personal Misfiring Jesus?
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #9545 on: June 23, 2019, 01:17:48 pm »

Never mind trademark, that's so last century.

He should emoji the no look goal.

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9546 on: June 23, 2019, 04:14:46 pm »

We should take this to the Chess thread, but I either read or watched a video on YT about it years ago whereby someone recounted a comment made my one of Kasparov's cohorts during a World Title bid... that he was 52 deep there or thereabouts. I remember the number because I thought it was mind-blowing. Am sure Kasparov would deny it in his own inimitable way, but he has produced long videos on sicilians and knocks off 25-30 move analyses in his sleep, so it's quite possible.

Don't totally agree with your second point... it's perfectly possible to see 5 moves deep, even in very tricky positions, and I consider myself to be an amateur enthusiast.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #9547 on: June 23, 2019, 06:57:35 pm »
We should take this to the Chess thread, but I either read or watched a video on YT about it years ago whereby someone recounted a comment made my one of Kasparov's cohorts during a World Title bid... that he was 52 deep there or thereabouts. I remember the number because I thought it was mind-blowing. Am sure Kasparov would deny it in his own inimitable way, but he has produced long videos on sicilians and knocks off 25-30 move analyses in his sleep, so it's quite possible.

Don't totally agree with your second point... it's perfectly possible to see 5 moves deep, even in very tricky positions, and I consider myself to be an amateur enthusiast.

Yeah we should, so my last post here for continuity and then the mods can move it there if needed and we can continue there but I think you're exaggerating a fair bit here mate. I'm an amateur enthusiast as well and I've been to a few tournaments, so by a combination of that experience and online education, I think analysis is different & predicting the variation is extremely different.

You can easily analyze plenty of variations outside of a game for any number of moves, but when you're on a game and when it's actually playing out, trying to read more than 10 moves ahead is going to be a bit of a waste and GMs know that. Of course, when talking about opening variations, there are plenty of variations possible and GMs know them by heart for about 10-15 moves of multiple variations of same opening, say Sicilian or English or Queen's Gambit, that's standard theory. But they're not calculating anything there. They just have openings and variations that work for them and know the theory by heart.

But it's different when you're into middle game. I've gone through some seminars by GMs and the common advice I get is to find out 3-4 candidate moves that you can play at a given position (solid moves), work out 4-5 moves from there for each candidate move and calculate which of those moves yield best result. When calculating the moves forward, you assume the best response from your opponent of course, but if you do a bit of miscalculation & the opponent's response was outside your plan, your plan goes for a toss. Of course, if you're consistently choosing good candidate moves, then you're a solid player. If you can work out 50 moves ahead or even 25 moves ahead from middle game, then you have the game figured out and even the strongest of machines haven't got the game figured out. They lose games occasionally to human players.

It's possible for an ordinary player to see 4-5 moves deep, every now and then in a game, but not consistently and not the better candidate moves, if you get what I'm saying. That's why he/she is an ordinary player. The difference there between them and GMs, even basic GMs, not Super GMs is not the number of moves ahead they see into, but the quality of moves that they see consistently for every response from the opponent. They see the same candidate moves at each position in the game as an FM or even lesser rated player does, but they consistently choose the best candidate move for every position they have in the game.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2019, 07:03:20 pm by PoetryInMotion »

Online JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #9548 on: June 23, 2019, 07:33:16 pm »
Yeah we should, so my last post here for continuity and then the mods can move it there if needed and we can continue there but I think you're exaggerating a fair bit here mate. I'm an amateur enthusiast as well and I've been to a few tournaments, so by a combination of that experience and online education, I think analysis is different & predicting the variation is extremely different.

You can easily analyze plenty of variations outside of a game for any number of moves, but when you're on a game and when it's actually playing out, trying to read more than 10 moves ahead is going to be a bit of a waste and GMs know that. Of course, when talking about opening variations, there are plenty of variations possible and GMs know them by heart for about 10-15 moves of multiple variations of same opening, say Sicilian or English or Queen's Gambit, that's standard theory. But they're not calculating anything there. They just have openings and variations that work for them and know the theory by heart.

But it's different when you're into middle game. I've gone through some seminars by GMs and the common advice I get is to find out 3-4 candidate moves that you can play at a given position (solid moves), work out 4-5 moves from there for each candidate move and calculate which of those moves yield best result. When calculating the moves forward, you assume the best response from your opponent of course, but if you do a bit of miscalculation & the opponent's response was outside your plan, your plan goes for a toss. Of course, if you're consistently choosing good candidate moves, then you're a solid player. If you can work out 50 moves ahead or even 25 moves ahead from middle game, then you have the game figured out and even the strongest of machines haven't got the game figured out. They lose games occasionally to human players.

It's possible for an ordinary player to see 4-5 moves deep, every now and then in a game, but not consistently and not the better candidate moves, if you get what I'm saying. That's why he/she is an ordinary player. The difference there between them and GMs, even basic GMs, not Super GMs is not the number of moves ahead they see into, but the quality of moves that they see consistently for every response from the opponent. They see the same candidate moves at each position in the game as an FM or even lesser rated player does, but they consistently choose the best candidate move for every position they have in the game.

(This can be moved with the other chess posts.)

In the endgame, you can look further ahead as there are far fewer pieces on the board, and the number of possible moves is drastically reduced.

But this was referring to a game in the opening stages (Najdorf variation of the Sicilian), I don't know the context, but possibly Kasparov was thinking about an isolated pawn, or something similar that many moves ahead (52 seems a little precise) would mean the game would be won/lost, based on how many other games had played out with this opening?

"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9549 on: June 23, 2019, 07:55:29 pm »
(This can be moved with the other chess posts.)

In the endgame, you can look further ahead as there are far fewer pieces on the board, and the number of possible moves is drastically reduced.

But this was referring to a game in the opening stages (Najdorf variation of the Sicilian), I don't know the context, but possibly Kasparov was thinking about an isolated pawn, or something similar that many moves ahead (52 seems a little precise) would mean the game would be won/lost, based on how many other games had played out with this opening?

It's probably more the case that a realistic number of moves into this variation, he knows that a similar position had occurred in another game that he's read about, where W/B has a decisive advantage.

One of the factors distinguishing the quality of players is the ability to assess positions and variations, immediately dropping the unpromising ones so you can focus on ones with better promise. That's why the advice given to every aspiring player is to study the endgame. You can avoid an awful lot of risk with the right choice of opening and a better command of the endgame than your opponent.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline Raid

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9550 on: June 23, 2019, 08:41:49 pm »
Absolutely love the man. I thought I'd grown out of having a favourite player, but he's certainly mine.

Offline Filler.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9551 on: June 23, 2019, 08:45:40 pm »
It's possible for an ordinary player to see 4-5 moves deep, every now and then in a game, but not consistently and not the better candidate moves, if you get what I'm saying.

A lot of good points and agreed with all of it... so in a roundabout way we've agreed that average players CAN see 5 moves deep and still be average ;D

Slightly flippant of me, but the key is 'every now and then'. I don't count openings in this as most will have a good few moves learned, tried and tested etc, but a flurry of activity after the initial moves can be worked out and reasonably quickly. I play bullet/blitz chess (not the proper stuff) and I can see a couple of exchanges... a shift... 3 possible responses to that shift (1 being good, the other better for me and the last option losing), then a response to the good one, then the follow up no problem. That kind of thing... patches of play. It's being able to see the bigger picture that I'm pretty clueless at ... and as Sangria says above... learning how to play the endgame is probably vital in knowing how to go about your openings/middle game etc. This doesn't however mean that Bobby is average. The Firmino Bobby that is.

Always up for a chat about chess :wave

Another key to having this skill up my sleeve is that it has no bearing whatsoever on whether I win the game or not (usually).

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9552 on: June 23, 2019, 08:47:01 pm »
He's just got this lovely mix of outrageous cockiness and boyish charm.  I'd be broken hearted if we lost him the way we've lost some players in the past.  Thankfully we have a real chance to build something with him as a vital piece.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9553 on: June 23, 2019, 08:47:24 pm »
This doesn't however mean that Bobby is average. The Firmino Bobby that is.

Bobby Fischino.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #9554 on: June 23, 2019, 09:17:50 pm »

Now, rook off down yer own end with yer chess shizer
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline Filler.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9555 on: June 23, 2019, 09:37:51 pm »
Bobby Fischino.

Maybe Bobby can constantly be 5 moves ahead after all. ;D

I was a bit slow on the up take with Bobby have to say. Really liked his game but wanted a bit more always... goals I guess. This was before it became clear how important he was to the team so this is a long while ago now. I kept wanting a bit more Torres and on shoulders 'n stuff.

I won't be the only person to have been asked recently who you'd rather be out of your front three by fans of oppossing teams... and I won't be the only fan unable to answer it... and I also won't be the only fan to not know the answer of who you'd rather be there either.

UNABLE Kylian... yes... UNABLE!? :wave

Now, rook off down yer own end with yer chess shizer
;D

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #9556 on: June 23, 2019, 09:45:39 pm »
Bobby is one of the most under-estimated players in the league. I'd say that most other fans are not aware of his incredible skill and workrate. He fits the Klopp template perfectly; in fact I think Klopp said that he had been tracking him for a long time (implying that he would have signed him).
#JFT97

Offline Filler.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9557 on: June 23, 2019, 10:12:05 pm »
Bobby is one of the most under-estimated players in the league. I'd say that most other fans are not aware of his incredible skill and workrate. He fits the Klopp template perfectly; in fact I think Klopp said that he had been tracking him for a long time (implying that he would have signed him).

Would have been a key element to him coming having Bobby here. Arguably the breaker. Certainly a huge bonus. Talks a bit about it here:

https://www.foottheball.com/leagues/epl/shocked-liverpool-signed-firmino-klopp-reveals-shocking-tale/193868

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9558 on: June 23, 2019, 10:31:37 pm »
Would have been a key element to him coming having Bobby here. Arguably the breaker. Certainly a huge bonus. Talks a bit about it here:

https://www.foottheball.com/leagues/epl/shocked-liverpool-signed-firmino-klopp-reveals-shocking-tale/193868

Excellent little article.  Glad Bobby got rid of that ridiculous top knot mind. ;D

Also thought this was a great image of Jurgen about to go Super Saiyan.

I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline vagabond

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9559 on: June 24, 2019, 12:25:13 am »
I miss the top-knot :(
Sometimes a man stands up during supper
and walks outdoors, and keeps on walking,
because of a church that stands somewhere in the East.
---Rilke