Author Topic: Adam Lallana  (Read 586930 times)

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Adam Lallana
« Reply #3720 on: June 5, 2019, 10:14:52 pm »
Not upset,just repeated your idiotic line.

If we get a decent offer we will sell imo,we'd be stupid not to.

Considering the amount of shite you post on a regular basis it is fucking ironic  ;D

There is nothing idiotic about what was said. If we wanted him.gone we would have told him that considering that he has 12 months left on his contract. So we are clearly not under pressure to sell him having already told him that we would like to keep him. Given that hes happy to stay rightly or wrongly no offer is going to change his mind then is it?

As I said this manager has a good history of being honest with all of his players especially with players in situations like this. There wouldnt be a reason to make false promises to him when we can be honest just like we have with other players.

Read

Idiot  ;)
« Last Edit: June 5, 2019, 10:16:50 pm by deFacto »

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3721 on: June 5, 2019, 10:16:56 pm »
Considering the amount of shite you post on a regular basis it is fucking ironic  ;D

There is nothing idiotic about what was said. If we wanted him.gone we would have told him that considering that he has 12 months left on his contract. So we are clearly not under pressure to sell him having already told him that we would like to keep him. Given that hes happy to stay rightly or wrongly no offer is going to change his mind then is it?

Read

Fair enough,fuck off.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3722 on: June 5, 2019, 10:23:01 pm »

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3723 on: June 5, 2019, 10:35:41 pm »
Not upset,just repeated your idiotic line.

If we get a decent offer we will sell imo,we'd be stupid not to.

That makes no sense. He's under contract and it's up to him not the club if he wants to stay or go
and he's made his mind up.

He's staying and the club want him to stay. Glad he's staying myself. Legend.

Offline BrandoLFC

• Should probably bugger off to Tetiaroa like his namesake did with no access to a telly or the Internet.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3724 on: June 5, 2019, 10:39:22 pm »
I posted this in the transfer thread and it's equally apt here:

He's clearly stating what he believes he's been told.  Everything else is just conjecture.  I don't really care other than it's my opinion that anybody that thinks the club won't add a player because of Lallana is probably in the wrong.

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3725 on: June 5, 2019, 10:46:27 pm »
Really pleased to hear Lallana being so positive about staying another season. He'll know the challenge he'll be up against to get a start and that's before we start adding a few more bodies. Great player to call on occassionally and there's literally no point in selling him for 10 mill or whatever he'd get. Far better to have him around to call on in league cup games etc to build up some core fitness. Not sure why there's any beef about it. He wants to stay on... who wouldn't? If a big offer comes in then people will sit down, but for now, he wants to give it a last year with this great set of players.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3726 on: June 5, 2019, 10:47:31 pm »
He has 12 months with option of another. I assume that option is if both parties agree?

Personally think he's more interested in picking up his £120k a week than playing. Can I blame him? Probably not as he won't get half that anywhere else. Finished 2 years ago, less games than Sturridge.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3727 on: June 5, 2019, 10:50:12 pm »
That makes no sense. He's under contract and it's up to him not the club if he wants to stay or go
and he's made his mind up.

He's staying and the club want him to stay. Glad he's staying myself. Legend.

Legend ?   :lmao :lmao

He will be a good squad player nothing more,just like Sturridge was this season (I was always for us keeping him until his contract ran out).
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #3728 on: June 5, 2019, 11:02:30 pm »
One for the football romantics. Lallana is a one off. Let's forget he breaks very easily for a moment and admire him for what he is when everything is spinning for the lad. A combination of silk and steel. There are no replicas out there. Fit, he'd walk into my team. I suspect he'd walk into Jurgen's too.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #3729 on: June 6, 2019, 12:56:21 am »
He’s played 700 league minutes total in the last 2 years - it’s been a disaster for us and him sadly.
Probably impossible to sell him when he’s on 125k a week when he can’t get fit enough to play regular top level football so hard to see what our options are with him. I’m sure the staff are encouraging him that he can still be part of things but the reality is likely to be different

« Last Edit: June 6, 2019, 12:59:04 am by JackWard33 »

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3730 on: June 6, 2019, 03:35:45 am »
One for the football romantics. Lallana is a one off. Let's forget he breaks very easily for a moment and admire him for what he is when everything is spinning for the lad. A combination of silk and steel. There are no replicas out there. Fit, he'd walk into my team. I suspect he'd walk into Jurgen's too.
Agree with Yorky. A fully fit Adam Lallana has a role to play in this team. The state of our team/squad today - he is one of the many that we can count on unlike before. What's not to like
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur

Offline CanuckYNWA

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3731 on: June 6, 2019, 03:44:33 am »
The delusion in this thread is hillarious

Yea lets keep someone who can barely get a game on 125k a week. If Lallana stays its not because we want him its because no one else wanted him and he will leave on a free next summer just like Sturridge because we arent going to renew an injury prone player who is on 100k+/week and over 30 years old to sit on the bench week in and week out if they can even make the bench that is

People who honestly believe he isnt for sale is laughable. Pretty sure the club would rather get 10m and get his wages off the books then lose him for free next summer and pay him 125k/week for a year to barely play. Think logically people regardless of what Lallana is being quoted in the press saying.

If you think Mike Gordon and Mike Edwards are that dumb to lose an asset that we barely use for free while paying them ridiculous wages for a year you really dont know how to run a business, which at the end of the day this is. We will do our best to get value if we can, Lallana is probably more than happy to collect his 125k/week doing nothing though but spinning on a bike and getting massages.
« Last Edit: June 6, 2019, 03:49:20 am by CanuckYNWA »

Offline Scarlet`

• Low profile with wide rims
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96!!!
    • Laconius Arts and Design
« Reply #3732 on: June 6, 2019, 03:48:59 am »
We're challenging on all 4 fronts + the Club World Cup next season... it's a busy Christmas schedule and we need all the depth we can get.  Lallana staying will help especially if, touch wood, injury comes along.
If Ayre got £25m out of them he's willing to fuck all the female members of my family on Sunday's.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3733 on: June 6, 2019, 04:21:43 am »
The delusion in this thread is hillarious

Yea lets keep someone who can barely get a game on 125k a week. If Lallana stays its not because we want him its because no one else wanted him and he will leave on a free next summer just like Sturridge because we arent going to renew an injury prone player who is on 100k+/week and over 30 years old to sit on the bench week in and week out if they can even make the bench that is

People who honestly believe he isnt for sale is laughable. Pretty sure the club would rather get 10m and get his wages off the books then lose him for free next summer and pay him 125k/week for a year to barely play. Think logically people regardless of what Lallana is being quoted in the press saying.

If you think Mike Gordon and Mike Edwards are that dumb to lose an asset that we barely use for free while paying them ridiculous wages for a year you really dont know how to run a business, which at the end of the day this is. We will do our best to get value if we can, Lallana is probably more than happy to collect his 125k/week doing nothing though but spinning on a bike and getting massages.

Why believe the club and the player when I can believe you?

Considering that we've let how 3 players run down their contracts and leave on a free [Can,Moreno,Sturridge] in the last 12 months, clearly MIke Gordon and Mike Edwards don't know how to run a business based on your logic. We happily let Moreno sit on the bench on his last year, whilst he collected 5 appearances all season long and played 300 minutes worth of football. We didn't sell him despite knowing that we wouldn't extend his contract last summer and we used Milner more than him in his actual position

You have me convinced  :D

In any case, I was expecting him to move on, and I don't believe he'll be able to do anything worthy nor do I think we should depend on him. However, I don't feel the club and the coaching staff would be blatantly disingenuous with him when they haven't been so in the past and I certainly don't feel he would be lying about what he's been told
« Last Edit: June 6, 2019, 04:44:22 am by deFacto »

Offline AmanShah21

• May be Frank Colombo. Never seen with Frank Colombo in the same room at the same time. You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes, do you Miss Marple?
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm is a golden sky!
« Reply #3734 on: June 6, 2019, 05:17:53 am »
I reckon he'll probably be leaving. Another top tier player that just lost the battle to fitness and injuries far too often. He could be a superb buy for a team that plays with a lower intensity that can maximize the minutes they get from him, because the talent is still top-tier, and the question has always been about managing his fitness to the intensity.

All that said, such a good player who was undroppable when Kloppo joined and was playing so well. Even this season, his performance against Burnley was exceptional and if he were to stay for the last year of his contract, he could yet make a contribution in this squad, not unlike Shaq, but I suspect he'd want more minutes.

Offline Kansti

• Legacy Fan
  • Stargazer
« Reply #3735 on: June 6, 2019, 05:54:13 am »
Agree with Yorky. A fully fit Adam Lallana has a role to play in this team. The state of our team/squad today - he is one of the many that we can count on unlike before. What's not to like

There seems to be some sort of contradiction here. The very reason why he can't be counted on is due to his fitness? I don't dislike Lallana, but he gets so much leeway imo. Sure he's technically gifted and there aren't many who is as silky as him when on the ball. But he lacks end product. People were complaining about the lack of an end product from the likes of Firmino and Keita if I recall correctly. Milner who has always been deemed as the utility player, the grafter has better end product than Lallana.

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #3736 on: June 6, 2019, 06:28:53 am »
There seems to be some sort of contradiction here. The very reason why he can't be counted on is due to his fitness? I don't dislike Lallana, but he gets so much leeway imo. Sure he's technically gifted and there aren't many who is as silky as him when on the ball. But he lacks end product. People were complaining about the lack of an end product from the likes of Firmino and Keita if I recall correctly. Milner who has always been deemed as the utility player, the grafter has better end product than Lallana.

Pretty much. Similar to Sturridge.

I actually think we have a fairly good risk-based approach to injury prone players now. That's why we didn't get Fekir, because we didn't want to bet on a 'fully fit Fekir' when the priors suggested that would be a huge risk.

With that said I don't think we really need to sell to buy, so hopefully the impact would be minimal. Best case scenario he makes a difference in a handful of games next season and otherwise isn't relied upon in the same way Sturridge did.

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #3737 on: June 6, 2019, 06:31:42 am »
It really is a shame. There is a player in there, but the injuries have absolutely taken a toll on his body. He just can't be relied upon, and I think moving him on is probably best for both parties. He won't get much playing time if he stays and he can go elsewhere and rebuild his career there. If he stays injury free of course.

The reason that we now sit as Champions of Europe is because Klopp became ruthless. For the most part, players that couldn't be relied upon or were deemed not good enough were shifted. I really like Lallana, but to me he just represents those days from 2014 to Klopp's appointment where we were for the most part terrible and had absolutely no idea where we were going as a club. Basically Brendan Rodgers' last days at the club. The last few remnants of that side - Sturridge and Moreno - have now been shifted as well. Lallana is just not good enough to have a serious role in a team that just racked up 97 points in the league and won the Champions League and his injury record suggests that he probably won't even be very effective as a bit-time player as well. So it's probably best if we moved on.
« Last Edit: June 6, 2019, 06:33:19 am by Caligula? »

Offline mrantarctica

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3738 on: June 6, 2019, 06:55:28 am »
Same as Sturridge in my opinion. Can be a great player on his day, but also very inconsistent with injuries. He's got loads of experience and has enough technical ability to play in the team. I think the club will look at things pragmatically. If a big offer comes in then I think the club will be honest with him. I don't think many clubs will be that interested to be honest. Will be different in 12 months time.

For his part, he needs to have a really strong pre-season and focus on getting back into the first team squad regularly and then when he gets chances, take them.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3739 on: June 6, 2019, 09:02:55 am »
Aurelio.

Agger.

Sturridge.

Lallana.

All brilliantly skilled players with bodies not built for the game. All of them make me say, 'if only', because the skill and talent quotient of the 4 players is just incredible. One thing I'll say is that they'll all be pleasantly remembered here.

Having said that, I think Lallana has made more out of his career than the rest. It's not backed by stats, but just out of feeling. He was in the PFA Team of the Season when playing for Southampton and he came up from League 1 to Championship to Premier League, to Europa League finals (I remember him playing a part in the group stages, that goal against Bordeaux was sublime), to Champions League finals and he was very good under Klopp in his 1st couple of seasons. If the club is okay with him running down the contract, I'm good with the decision, if only to see a few more moments of his delightful skill on the ball.

Offline lukeb1981

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3740 on: June 6, 2019, 09:10:13 am »
Even if he comes in for a few games during the season and plays a part he is worth keeping. He is a good lad that is another model professional who has been unlucky with injuries, players like him are invaluable to a squad and a perfect example for young lads in the team .

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3741 on: June 6, 2019, 09:33:28 am »

A 125k a week squad slot that could be filled by a new AM who actually gets on the pitch

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3742 on: June 6, 2019, 09:36:56 am »
Fit and firing he brings something different to this midfield. Just as long as we keep him off the wings he can do a job for us. If it is for him to go on a free next season then so be it.  If Klopp wanted rid he would have told him

Offline ConqueredAllOfEurope

• Shit, just realised I can have a custom title...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3743 on: June 6, 2019, 09:42:06 am »
I'd be surprised if any of our current players actually want to leave. We are possibly on the verge of winning many trophies and every player will want to be a part of that. Like others have said, when he's fully fit, he's a great option to have. I assume we'll be challenging for all the trophies this season and we'll need all the bodies available.

Plus I'm sure someone like Lallana will look at what Origi has done this season (last season I guess now) and think to himself, I could make that impact too, I just have to take my chance when I get it.
"We have to change from doubter to believer... now"

Offline HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #3744 on: June 6, 2019, 09:42:47 am »
Fit and firing he brings something different to this midfield. Just as long as we keep him off the wings he can do a job for us. If it is for him to go on a free next season then so be it.  If Klopp wanted rid he would have told him

When's the last time he's actually been fit and firing? Probably in Klopp's first full season in charge?

Klopp seems to be very loyal to players who have been here since the start of his tenure so probably explains why he'll likely still be with us next season. Like you said if fit and firing he's a great player to have in midfield with the amount of games we'll have next season but can't see his body holding up. He's probably played about 10-15 full games over the last 2 season and he's now another year older

Online Magix

• Partial to Tarts
  • Legacy Fan
  • Just 5 points away
« Reply #3745 on: June 6, 2019, 09:57:32 am »
I think Lallana will be given the Sturridge treatment - allowed to run his contract down. Partially because of the goodwill he's earned with the club, partially because there won't be much interest in him. And his availability will be seen as a bonus, useful for cup games and as a sub.

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #3746 on: June 6, 2019, 10:03:54 am »
Why believe the club and the player when I can believe you?

Considering that we've let how 3 players run down their contracts and leave on a free [Can,Moreno,Sturridge] in the last 12 months, clearly MIke Gordon and Mike Edwards don't know how to run a business based on your logic. We happily let Moreno sit on the bench on his last year, whilst he collected 5 appearances all season long and played 300 minutes worth of football. We didn't sell him despite knowing that we wouldn't extend his contract last summer and we used Milner more than him in his actual position

You have me convinced  :D

In any case, I was expecting him to move on, and I don't believe he'll be able to do anything worthy nor do I think we should depend on him. However, I don't feel the club and the coaching staff would be blatantly disingenuous with him when they haven't been so in the past and I certainly don't feel he would be lying about what he's been told
Don't kid yourself. We would have sold Moreno and Sturridge if we would have gotten any bids,but no one would even nearly match their salaries here. I don't blame anyone, these things happen in football, but it's naive to suggest that it was part of the plan from the club's side. We have to honor the contracts, we're not deciding.

In Lallanas case I'm sure we'd let him go for peanuts if anyone would match his wages, but it's unlikely to happen so he'll likely sit out his contract.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3747 on: June 6, 2019, 10:17:57 am »
I think Lallana will be given the Sturridge treatment - allowed to run his contract down. Partially because of the goodwill he's earned with the club, partially because there won't be much interest in him. And his availability will be seen as a bonus, useful for cup games and as a sub.

I believe some of the other posters. If someone offered £15m he'd be gone tomorrow. Best bid would probably be <£5m and for that Klopp probably thinks he'll be useful for another year, probably off the pitch more than on.

Don't kid yourself. We would have sold Moreno and Sturridge if we would have gotten any bids,but no one would even nearly match their salaries here. I don't blame anyone, these things happen in football, but it's naive to suggest that it was part of the plan from the club's side. We have to honor the contracts, we're not deciding.

In Lallanas case I'm sure we'd let him go for peanuts if anyone would match his wages, but it's unlikely to happen so he'll likely sit out his contract.

Will be same with Mignolet.I suspect Adam and Simon will be here next year simply because they don't want to take a wage cut.

When you play average players or injury prone players too much it's hard to get rid of them. Utd will struggle to get rid of the like of Phil Jones etc for same reason.
« Last Edit: June 6, 2019, 10:19:46 am by clinical »

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3748 on: June 6, 2019, 10:21:44 am »
But judging from Klopp's statement about Sturridge and Moreno, those guys, who were both running down their contracts, were valued not only for the occasional contribution they made but for their attitude and the input they made to squad morale. It's said Klopp values physicality over technique, but it's also true that he values "character" and contribution to squad camaraderie over bean-counting.

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #3749 on: June 6, 2019, 10:27:09 am »
I believe some of the other posters. If someone offered £15m he'd be gone tomorrow. Best bid would probably be <£5m and for that Klopp probably thinks he'll be useful for another year, probably off the pitch more than on.

Will be same with Mignolet.I suspect Adam and Simon will be here next year simply because they don't want to take a wage cut.

When you play average players or injury prone players too much it's hard to get rid of them. Utd will struggle to get rid of the like of Phil Jones etc for same reason.
As insane as it sounds,  Phil Jones was given a new 4 year contract just a few months ago.
At 150 k per week.
So yeah, he'll stay for a while  ;D

Offline jepovic

• Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #3750 on: June 6, 2019, 10:28:36 am »
But judging from Klopp's statement about Sturridge and Moreno, those guys, who were both running down their contracts, were valued not only for the occasional contribution they made but for their attitude and the input they made to squad morale. It's said Klopp values physicality over technique, but it's also true that he values "character" and contribution to squad camaraderie over bean-counting.
It's also true that he always says nice things about his players.

Offline clinical

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3751 on: June 6, 2019, 10:28:49 am »

I think it's exactly that. There will be a price set for Adam where it will be too good to turn down. But who's going to pay anything over £5m for him with the wages he's on? Can't see it. I suppose they may pay more but we'd have to pay off his loss in wages? So either way we wouldn't be making much from any deal. The money being talked about won't be enough for Klopp due to how much of a nice guy he is to have around for another year.

Offline clinical

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3752 on: June 6, 2019, 10:30:16 am »
As insane as it sounds,  Phil Jones was given a new 4 year contract just a few months ago.
At 150 k per week.
So yeah, he'll stay for a while  ;D

They are us several years ago. It's brilliant to see.

Offline mrantarctica

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3753 on: June 6, 2019, 10:53:11 am »
They are us several years ago. It's brilliant to see.

IMHO, I think they missed a major trick in not trying to get Pochettino. instead they went with a sentimental favourite who is an otherwise bang average manager who I don't think will last all of next season.

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3754 on: June 6, 2019, 11:00:30 am »

It would be funnier if he’d said ‘fuckers loafed round here picking up 6 million a year to tit around on hover boards but we couldn’t get any fucker to take them they’re so shot’ .... but not that likely
Don’t think there’s a world where Klopp actively wants people who can’t contribute on the pitch but are good lads

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3755 on: June 6, 2019, 11:37:51 am »

Missing the point entirely. We told him he is part of whatever plans we have whether it be for cup games or whatever. We dont have to lie to a player when he is already got one year left on his deal. There is no reason for the staff to tell him one thing and do another. Its very clear that Klopp and his staff have been honest with players about their situations.

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3756 on: June 6, 2019, 11:44:32 am »
He’s staying get used to it, some of you just want to replace every player and by buy the whole world, that’s not how our club or Klopp works, how many of you were saying Origi wasn’t good enough even after the goals against Barcelona? We’re not a normal club and sentiment loyalty and passion goes a long way for us, it’s one of the reasons why this squad is so united, and we can get the best out of players like Odoi and Shaqiri without much complaints of game time.
« Last Edit: June 6, 2019, 11:46:50 am by Coolie High »

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3757 on: June 6, 2019, 11:50:40 am »
Worked out that he's the only Johnstone Paint Trophy winner and CL winner. ;D

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Adam Lall
« Reply #3758 on: July 18, 2019, 04:55:02 am »
Adam Lall?

Maybe a new lease as life for Adam Lallana as #6, our Jorginho, back up to Fabinho ... now that Gini is our back up false 9
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Adam Lall
« Reply #3759 on: July 18, 2019, 12:37:38 pm »
Seems to me this No6 conversion is probably a direct consequence of Henderson's role change in the latter stages of the season. As Klopp says, it would only be in a game that we're expected to dominate, so probably can expect to see it if we draw lower league opposition in the League Cup and FA Cup? Or maybe if we're playing at home against one of the bottom PL sides and we're resting Fabinho for a CL game. I think if push came to shove Klopp would play Henderson or Wijnaldum there before Lallana, but it does make sense to have someone who is clearly a squad player - and not part of the 'first team' like Fab, Hendo and Gini are - get to grips with that role.

“In the moment he plays a slightly different position, he enjoys it. He’s not now fixed in the No.6 position; we have players who played that position before and played it really well. But Adam is a midfielder through and through and he is an outstanding player. Outstanding players, you always try to find the best position on the pitch and in some games it’s possible the best position for Adam Lallana is the No.6. It must be a very dominant game, by the way, but he can play that."

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/356839-jurgen-klopp-adam-lallana-new-position-no-6