Author Topic: Shanklyboy's and Fat Scousers ( Leo who's still alive ) auld arse thread  (Read 3990277 times)

Online JohnnoWhite

• Deliverer of the -Q- de grace.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thought I was wrong once - but I was mistaken.
Re: Shanklyboy's auld arse thread.
« Reply #39640 on: May 25, 2015, 03:43:02 pm »
On a lighter note.  Anybody's Mum make them a mashed banana and sugar butty?  Dreamy.

I offer for your delectation and deliberation the delights of a cocoa powder and sugar dip - shook up together in a folded cone (half page of the Manchester Evening News). Eeh bloody lovely treat that!!
There is nothing wrong with striving to win, so long as you don't set the prize above the game. There can be no dishonour in defeat nor any conceit in victory. What matters above all is that the team plays in the right spirit, with skill, courage, fair play,no favour and the result accepted without bitterness. Sir Matt Busby CBE KCSG 1909-1994

Offline Maggie May

• A true Grandmother of Sirs. The Next Vera Lynne. The Pigeon Queen. Lobster Botherer Knockout Champ. RAWK's favourite gog. Belshie Gets Hard For Her. Call that a knife??
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit. Semper Fi
« Reply #39641 on: May 25, 2015, 04:00:19 pm »
I offer for your delectation and deliberation the delights of a cocoa powder and sugar dip - shook up together in a folded cone (half page of the Manchester Evening News). Eeh bloody lovely treat that!!

Sounds mega.   :lickin :lickin :lickin  Was it a wet your finger and dip jobbie.  Used to buy something similar - sherbert dip/sherbet dab?   Used to make your finger go bright yellow.

Rather a day as a lion than a lifetime as a sheep.

I can only be nice to one person a day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look too good either.
I tried being reasonable.  I didn't like it.  Old enough to know better.  Young enough not to give a fuck.

Online JohnnoWhite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39642 on: May 25, 2015, 04:09:32 pm »
Sounds mega.   :lickin :lickin :lickin  Was it a wet your finger and dip jobbie.  ......

You got it Mags! The sherbet dip ( round our way anyroad,)  came in a yellow twist-sealed tube with a liquorice dabber. Or you could always do-it-yourself and buy a 2 ounce bag (Don't ask you metric-heads!!) of very granular yellow KAY-LIE and a liquorice stick.

Quelle inventivité!!
There is nothing wrong with striving to win, so long as you don't set the prize above the game. There can be no dishonour in defeat nor any conceit in victory. What matters above all is that the team plays in the right spirit, with skill, courage, fair play,no favour and the result accepted without bitterness. Sir Matt Busby CBE KCSG 1909-1994

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39643 on: May 25, 2015, 04:14:16 pm »
It was the old disability cars for disabled supporters, think they were called Invicars or something like that

Is it just my eyes going or is the goal line curved in that picture? ;D
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Online Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #39644 on: May 25, 2015, 04:22:11 pm »
Is it just my eyes going or is the goal line curved in that picture? ;D
I think the goal is on a hill. And this was obviously in the days before sports photographers hogged the goal line because I'm sure that's Toulouse Lautrec there.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline Maggie May

• A true Grandmother of Sirs. The Next Vera Lynne. The Pigeon Queen. Lobster Botherer Knockout Champ. RAWK's favourite gog. Belshie Gets Hard For Her. Call that a knife??
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39645 on: May 25, 2015, 04:24:02 pm »
You got it Mags! The sherbet dip ( round our way anyroad,)  came in a yellow twist-sealed tube with a liquorice dabber. Or you could always do-it-yourself and buy a 2 ounce bag (Don't ask you metric-heads!!) of very granular yellow KAY-LIE and a liquorice stick.

Quelle inventivité!!

KAY-LIE is ringing a bell.  Was there a similar name for something that looked like a twig and you bit bits off it?  Mind you, we were brassic so it could actually have been just a twig.  ;D

And liquorice by the yard that used to turn your tongue black. 

I can only be nice to one person a day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look too good either.
I tried being reasonable.  I didn't like it.  Old enough to know better.  Young enough not to give a fuck.

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #39646 on: May 25, 2015, 04:37:50 pm »
I think the goal is on a hill. And this was obviously in the days before sports photographers hogged the goal line because I'm sure that's Toulouse Lautrec there.

I think it was quite common {at least in Scotland} to have a slope like that at the goalmouth for drainage.

I remember playing on pitches like that as a kid. Rugby Park also had the disability cars round the edge when it was an oval. My first game at RP was in the early 70s and it was one of those grounds that the fans swapped ends at half-time {when suitable}. A certain Kenny Dalglish scored the goal in a 1-0 victory for Celtic. I looked the match report up online and there was a mention of crowd trouble, which I have no recollection of. I wouldn't be surprised if it was related to the changing of ends though.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Online Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39647 on: May 25, 2015, 04:48:34 pm »
I think it was quite common {at least in Scotland} to have a slope like that at the goalmouth for drainage.

I remember playing on pitches like that as a kid. Rugby Park also had the disability cars round the edge when it was an oval. My first game at RP was in the early 70s and it was one of those grounds that the fans swapped ends at half-time {when suitable}. A certain Kenny Dalglish scored the goal in a 1-0 victory for Celtic. I looked the match report up online and there was a mention of crowd trouble, which I have no recollection of. I wouldn't be surprised if it was related to the changing of ends though.
I'm sure we used to do that at Anfield, via the paddock, which was only feasible for reserve matches. On the other hand that could just be false memory syndrome.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Online Dr. Beaker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39648 on: May 25, 2015, 04:49:43 pm »
KAY-LIE is ringing a bell.  Was there a similar name for something that looked like a twig and you bit bits off it?  Mind you, we were brassic so it could actually have been just a twig.  ;D

You can still buy them twigs. I got some for me lad at that arl fashioned sweet shop in Covent Garden.
NAKED BOOBERY

Offline kopite.keith

• Offical OAP
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39649 on: May 25, 2015, 04:56:01 pm »
Here you go Mags and Doc, used to call it ' sticky lice'

http://www.oldestsweetshop.co.uk/liquorice-root-sticks-spanish

When in Rome...

Online Dr. Beaker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39650 on: May 25, 2015, 05:00:57 pm »
NAKED BOOBERY

Offline Wallingtonian

• "Always been a blues fan..." <--- outed! Bless :) Waspish.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #39651 on: May 25, 2015, 05:21:18 pm »

We had a similar slope at Anfield in the goalmouths. In the late sixties, maybe 1970 or so, we played Man U at Anfield. It was the only time I ever saw George Best play a blinder against us. He was usually anonymous. Anyway he scored two goals, one a header from a corner at the Anfield Road end. I don't remember the other one. Roger Hunt pulled one back but late on Best rounded our goalie (almost certainly Tommy Lawrence) in the inside right channel. He was forced a bit wide but confidently rolled it towards the empty net for his hat-trick. I was still in the Paddock in those days and his shot was rolled towards the Kop goal and I was right behind it. I could clearly see that the six-yard box seemed to be raised and, sure enough, the camber in the goalmouth made the ball roll wide of an empty net. It looked like a terrible miss but there was nothing the lad could do about it. I suppose if he'd hit it harder he probably would have scored but it was as slow as a putt in golf

Online Dr. Beaker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39652 on: May 25, 2015, 05:27:29 pm »
Yeah they used to build up the ground level in the goalmouths at Anfield at the beginning of the season. By the end of the season Tommy Lawrence had compressed it back to ground level again.
NAKED BOOBERY

Online JohnnoWhite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39653 on: May 25, 2015, 05:30:53 pm »

Kay-lie was the tarty sugary dip stuff - the twig you're thinking of was liquorice root! Ah just saw the earlier post showing .  . .. twigs!! ::) ::)

« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 05:36:57 pm by JohnnoWhite »

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39654 on: May 25, 2015, 06:43:00 pm »
Ken Bates, cracking fella, bought it for a nuclear then wanted even else to pay for it, if he wasn't electrocuting them!
Aye, Not all bad old Ken, frying Chelsea fans.

I think I was at that game. My memories not all it used to be, but I think it ended up 4-1 to Man U, and Best was immense, ran our defence ragged. Tommy Smith tried to kick lumps out of him, but couldn't get near him. If I remember rightly, there's a picture of Best standing over Smith with the ball, telling Smith to get up and have another go.

Sticky lice and Spanish Gold.
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

http://misterinobody.weebly.com/

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39655 on: May 25, 2015, 06:46:51 pm »
My memories like a sieve lately, can't remember or concentrate on, fuck all. But here's something to make you think... I was 58 today. I was checking and clearing my emails this morning. There was one wishing me a happy birthday, from Go Compare dot com, and one from the Co-Op offering me a cheap deal on a funeral.
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

Offline Pheeny

• Captain Pheeny of Maastricht
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Go and wake your kids up!"
  • Super Title: The King of Belgium
« Reply #39656 on: May 25, 2015, 07:00:55 pm »
I'm sure that's Toulouse Lautrec there.
:lmao

Offline Maggie May

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39657 on: May 25, 2015, 07:04:10 pm »
Thank you for the twig info mateys  :-* :wave  I'd forgotten about that sweetshop so cheers for reminding me Doc.

I'm sure we used to do that at Anfield, via the paddock, which was only feasible for reserve matches. On the other hand that could just be false memory syndrome.

We did change ends.  But my memory is that the paddock stayed static, and the changing took place via what is now the front of the Lower Centinary.  In those days it was the Kemlyn Stand (where my Dad used to take me when I was little), but it was raised with steps below down to the side of the pitch. 

Offline Maggie May

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39658 on: May 25, 2015, 07:05:26 pm »
And Happy Birthday Fats.  Many of 'em mate.  Mwah.

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
« Reply #39659 on: May 25, 2015, 07:17:32 pm »
My memories like a sieve lately, can't remember or concentrate on, fuck all. But here's something to make you think... I was 58 today. I was checking and clearing my emails this morning. There was one wishing me a happy birthday, from Go Compare dot com, and one from the Co-Op offering me a cheap deal on a funeral.
Tell 'em you're not dying to make a deal just yet, ta very much, fuck off.
Kill the humourless

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39660 on: May 25, 2015, 07:41:47 pm »
Thanks Girls. I thought it was rather funny. But I didn't take up either offer.

Online JohnnoWhite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39661 on: May 25, 2015, 07:53:00 pm »

Can't say no-one gave you a thought though can yer? Happy  birthday mate!!

Well what can yer say to that!! SOMEONE was thinking of you matey but tell 'em to stick it Leo. You ain't goin' no place for a long while buddy!! All the best wishes and happy returns of the day!!

Offline kopite.keith

• Offical OAP
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39662 on: May 25, 2015, 08:05:46 pm »

Enjoy this one and get the dancin' boots polished up and ready for the next one... ;) :thumbup
When in Rome...

Offline Pheeny

• Captain Pheeny of Maastricht
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Go and wake your kids up!"
  • Super Title: The King of Belgium
« Reply #39663 on: May 25, 2015, 08:40:26 pm »
Happy Birthday Leo.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39664 on: May 25, 2015, 08:57:30 pm »
Thanks folks. I only posted it because I thought it was funny. I'm in a great mood. I'd be out on the bladder if I could, but I'm too busy anyway. Can't say I miss them hangovers, either.

I went to a bit of a do yesterday afternoon, christening. I was only there about half hour, had other things to do. Sister phones me up this morning, apologised to me. I was baffled to say the least. You'd have to know me sister. I've never heard her say Sorry to anyone in her life, just kicks off more when she knows she's in the wrong. Besides that, I'd had a good laugh with her and she hadn't done a thing wrong... the ale, eh.

Offline nozza

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39665 on: May 25, 2015, 09:42:05 pm »
Happy Birthday FS, Here is one of the three before eight for you, way, way back in this thread we had a chinwag with Ray about this and the other great Northern Soul tracks.....

https://youtu.be/4wBy9oWBJBI

Offline noggin the ngog

• Main Stander
  • It's a hardknock life!
« Reply #39666 on: May 25, 2015, 10:23:55 pm »
I'll bet its nice out there tonight

Called in to say:

Worst defeat since 1963!!!

Did we sack the manager then? Maybe we should have. Wonder who he was???
Modify message

No reply.
In the lands of the North, where the Black Rocks stand guard against the cold sea, in the dark night that is very long the Men of the Northlands sit by their great log fires and they tell a tale...
And those tales they tell are the stories of a kind and wise king and his people......
And then the king was sacked.......

Offline Manila Vanilla

• aka Spud Balls!
  • Legacy Fan
    • Baile Family Website
« Reply #39667 on: May 25, 2015, 10:43:06 pm »
Worst defeat since 1963!!!

Did we sack the manager then?
More indications that it was a different world:
Lost 7-2 to Spurs but we'd beaten them 5-2 three days earlier.
Beat Man Utd 1-0 in the middle.
Three games in four days!
Tell the youngsters that today.......

Online Dr. Beaker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39668 on: May 25, 2015, 10:58:35 pm »

No verb.
NAKED BOOBERY

Offline The Flying Pig

• Bill. Not improving with age.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth? Yes. Justice? Not yet. JFT96.
« Reply #39669 on: May 25, 2015, 11:26:51 pm »
Happy returns, Leo. So you're still a kid then eh? :wave
Suddenly I turned around and she was standin' there
With silver bracelets on her wrists and flowers in her hair
She walked up to me so gracefully and took my crown of thorns
"Come in", She said, "I'll give you shelter from the storm."

I might be in!

Online Dr. Beaker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39670 on: May 25, 2015, 11:33:03 pm »
Oh yeah, I nearly forgot - happy birthday yer fat, baldy git.
NAKED BOOBERY

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39671 on: May 26, 2015, 12:24:34 am »
Happy returns, Leo. So you're still a kid then eh? :wave
Aye, just a fat, baldy headed urchin of 58 short summers. It's all go though, ozzie tomorra, hopefully results of the biopsy, and I'll be gettin the Burmos and nylon vest out again...
Happy Birthday FS, Here is one of the three before eight for you, way, way back in this thread we had a chinwag with Ray about this and the other great Northern Soul tracks.....

https://youtu.be/4wBy9oWBJBI
Nice one, mate. Long time, indeed.

Anyway, if you think it's bad out there, I've been on Twitter a few times today. It's not my cup of tea, anyway. But I've been trying to get in touch with someone. So I'm sending messages out, and was daft enough to get into defending the manager over the players. The mods would have worn the ban button out. Funniest one, I got a lecture on Shankly and Socialism. Oh well, that's the internet.

Offline Manila Vanilla

• aka Spud Balls!
  • Legacy Fan
    • Baile Family Website
« Reply #39672 on: May 26, 2015, 06:24:56 am »
No subject or personal pronoun.
No verb.
No verb!

(Happy Birthday, Leo!)
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 06:28:57 am by Manila Vanilla »

Offline vicgill

• "do the simple things but do them well"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Football is the simplest game in the world son,
« Reply #39673 on: May 26, 2015, 07:54:56 am »
Thanks folks. I only posted it because I thought it was funny. I'm in a great mood. I'd be out on the bladder if I could, but I'm too busy anyway. Can't say I miss them hangovers, either.

I went to a bit of a do yesterday afternoon, christening. I was only there about half hour, had other things to do. Sister phones me up this morning, apologised to me. I was baffled to say the least. You'd have to know me sister. I've never heard her say Sorry to anyone in her life, just kicks off more when she knows she's in the wrong. Besides that, I'd had a good laugh with her and she hadn't done a thing wrong... the ale, eh.

Happy Birthday mate, bit late but just as sincere, hope you had a good day, sounds like you did, keep in there swinging
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and making yourself available to receive a pass, it is really that simple"

"Friend, mourn not, though he premature departs, his wisdom marches on within our hearts"

RIP Ray Osbourne, comrade, epic swindler, and Internet Terrorist Extraordinaire.

Online Dr. Beaker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39674 on: May 26, 2015, 11:27:49 am »
No verb!
Right, where's that report to moderator button thing.
NAKED BOOBERY

Offline pooley

• No...! They're not baby wipes!
  • Kopite
« Reply #39675 on: May 26, 2015, 11:33:23 am »
Hope you had a happy birthday Leo. Did you ever go in to Moneypenny's shop on Nethy Road when you were a kid? It was like going in to the black hole of Calcutta, it was always chocka. Whenever I got sent  there on a message I used to worm me way to the front and try and attract the attention of the shop-keeper, Albert Moneypenny, a thin faced bald old man, wearing national health type round glasses. He always wore a brown coat like Arkwright in 'open all hours' and permanently seemed to have a cheese cutting wire around his neck . he used to have to chase the cat off the cheese when he was cutting it. Us kids use to take the piss out of him because his hands were always shaking (possibly shell- shock?) and it was quite scary watching him on the bacon slicer.
He was a dab hand at dislodging packets of cornflakes etc off the top shelf with one of those window opening poles with the hook on the end it was great watching the box slide down the pole, right in to his hand.(this was before colour telly!) It always took ages getting served as he always served the women first and ignored us kids. He used to have a little note-pad and a little stub of a pencil and if it was a big order he used to write it down and reckon it up.Thankfully we didn't get to go in there much because he had a big sign on the wall saying something like,'Please do not ask for credit as refusal often offends'. Meaning I had to treck up to Heyworth Street, to certain shops where I was told to ask politely for   whatever was required than say,'me mum says can she pay you on friday?Happy days!
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 11:36:36 am by pooley »
I wish I could still climb up the drain-pipe that used to be at the back of the toilet that was outside the kop.

Offline vicgill

• "do the simple things but do them well"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Football is the simplest game in the world son,
« Reply #39676 on: May 26, 2015, 01:22:11 pm »
Oh yeah, I nearly forgot - happy birthday yer fat, baldy git.

My Birthday is not until August mate
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and making yourself available to receive a pass, it is really that simple"

"Friend, mourn not, though he premature departs, his wisdom marches on within our hearts"

RIP Ray Osbourne, comrade, epic swindler, and Internet Terrorist Extraordinaire.

Online Dr. Beaker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39677 on: May 26, 2015, 01:36:51 pm »
My Birthday is not until August mate
;D

Yeah, should have been more specific there - that probably applies to most of us on here, even Mags.
NAKED BOOBERY

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
« Reply #39678 on: May 26, 2015, 01:53:36 pm »
Me hands up for the git part. :wave

Soz.

Not. 

It is to larf.
Kill the humourless

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39679 on: May 26, 2015, 09:05:59 pm »
Thank you Vic. And watch out, Doc. She'll have you.

As for birthdays, anyone remember mad Harry Trow? Sound fella, H. I've just been chatting to him, 67 today, still riding the funky moped. He's getting one of them Hell's Angels jackets... The Brothers of Arthritis.

Nice one Pooley. I do remember that shop. But mate, the lads in our family never got the sent the shop. The girls took care of all that. Not that I want to kick Jam Butty and Mags off. They just didn't trust us. Not that we'd rob them, oh dear no. But we were all thick. The girls rang rings round us and to the shop and back quicker.

Brought back memories though, does anybody remember that Fish Paste gear, the pink slimey stuff? And Brawn. I liked Fish Paste but hated that Brawn, snot on a plate. But I always remember big slabs of them in the shops, getting a bit sliced off and wrapped in grease proof paper.

And I did rob me Ma once. I didn't mean to. Me an our George were waiting for a mate to come out and go to school. John Thomas his name was, not a wind up. That was his name. Me Ma came out of his house, told us to get to school. We waited for Thomo and spotted a ten bob note on the floor. I honestly didn't know me Ma had just borrowed it from Thomo's Ma. We fucked off to Southport, got back about 10 oclock that night. I always remember it. I had one of them little winky black dolls, remember them with the winky eyes. I got home and held it out as a peace offering. Me Ma sussed I'd had the ten bob and me Da's tea away, oh dear indeed. Them hidings back then. Me Ma would have got thrown out the Gestapo for cruelty.