Author Topic: Draft Towers  (Read 314776 times)

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
Re: Draft Towers
« Reply #2640 on: March 6, 2019, 03:09:59 pm »
We could combine the two ideas: 16 players 11 picks per category, with the categories each being played in a particular derby.

So only 11 players from el clasico, 11 from the Merseyside derby or whichever ones are picked. But some players will have been in multiple which adds to the strategy.
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #2641 on: March 6, 2019, 03:58:56 pm »
We could combine the two ideas: 16 players 11 picks per category, with the categories each being played in a particular derby.

So only 11 players from el clasico, 11 from the Merseyside derby or whichever ones are picked. But some players will have been in multiple which adds to the strategy.

Good!

Next steps? 

Find someone to submit a formal draft proposal with draft theme, get organizers on board (i.e. Hazell, Betty Blue, Samie and the usual suspects), last fill the 16 slots for the draft (or 14 as it were since we are both in).

I can help in any of the above or let the pros handle it.  Whatever is required.
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2642 on: March 6, 2019, 04:05:43 pm »
Good!

Next steps? 

Find someone to submit a formal draft proposal with draft theme, get organizers on board (i.e. Hazell, Betty Blue, Samie and the usual suspects), last fill the 16 slots for the draft (or 14 as it were since we are both in).

I can help in any of the above or let the pros handle it.  Whatever is required.

I get the rest but what’s the formal draft proposal? And do organisers have to be mods or can anyone run one?
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2643 on: March 6, 2019, 04:32:50 pm »
I get the rest but what’s the formal draft proposal? And do organisers have to be mods or can anyone run one?

What I meant is if you look at the drafts --- the first page involves the rules, topics, and possible areas of conflict where the mod will make a a decision.  I am calling it the formal draft proposal when actually it is the first thing people see to make a decision --- which gets people into the draft (heck yeah, I am in or don't have the time right now kind of thing).

And as far as I know, anyone can run one.  I was just trying to break down the tasks into manageable parts so it did not have to fall on any one person :)

We need a first page --- this is the Mikey Draft, these are the rules, # participants and the process --- and then send out PM's to RAWK universe.  It can be done.

Let me know if you want me to take on any part. 

P.S. Hazell or BB or Samie correct me if I am wrong.
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2644 on: March 6, 2019, 05:08:46 pm »
What I meant is if you look at the drafts --- the first page involves the rules, topics, and possible areas of conflict where the mod will make a a decision.  I am calling it the formal draft proposal when actually it is the first thing people see to make a decision --- which gets people into the draft (heck yeah, I am in or don't have the time right now kind of thing).

And as far as I know, anyone can run one.  I was just trying to break down the tasks into manageable parts so it did not have to fall on any one person :)

We need a first page --- this is the Mikey Draft, these are the rules, # participants and the process --- and then send out PM's to RAWK universe.  It can be done.

Let me know if you want me to take on any part. 

P.S. Hazell or BB or Samie correct me if I am wrong.

Cool, I get you now. Will give that front page some thinking this evening then, whilst you round up the troops, if that’s okay?

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2645 on: March 6, 2019, 05:11:26 pm »
I like the derby draft but making it strictly born in specified cities.

Online tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #2646 on: March 6, 2019, 05:12:55 pm »
I'm in whatever if it's a footy draft.  Definitely talk to Betty, he's the draft don round these parts.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2647 on: March 6, 2019, 05:59:15 pm »
Cool, I get you now. Will give that front page some thinking this evening then, whilst you round up the troops, if that’s okay?

Love it! The troops are coming around my friend!
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #2648 on: March 6, 2019, 06:18:37 pm »
I’m up for that derby malarkey.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2649 on: March 6, 2019, 06:30:55 pm »
Mikey, page 64 on this thread - it has the Djbril Cisse Draft Template if you want to use it as a guide.

Sent out PM's to the regulars, lets see who bites. 

Might make sense to post what you sent me Mikey on a thread now, as we have a viable draft idea and support for it!

Well out mate!
« Last Edit: March 6, 2019, 08:05:47 pm by The Piss-artist Formerly Known As Trendisnotdestiny »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2650 on: March 6, 2019, 08:28:56 pm »
Other derbies I'm recommending

Dortmund v Moenchengladbach

Torino v Juventus

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2651 on: March 6, 2019, 08:32:09 pm »
Discussion thread set up.

Reckon we can vote on a final derbies list in there

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2652 on: March 18, 2019, 01:05:27 am »
Should we try a draft now?  Are we there yet?
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2653 on: March 18, 2019, 11:25:56 am »
It is the international break, so think we should crack on.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #2654 on: March 18, 2019, 11:36:19 am »
Ok

Lets do a draft derby then

Got some derbies to pick from, so here are some random ones we could use, feel free to add or veto!

Liverpool vs Everton
Inter vs AC
Barca vs Real Madrid
PSG vs Marseille
Boca vs River
Arsenal vs Spurs
Celtic vs Rangers
HSV vs Bayern Munich
Torino v Juventus
Ajax vs Feyenoord
Benfica vs Sporting
« Last Edit: March 18, 2019, 11:39:15 am by Elzar »
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2655 on: March 18, 2019, 12:30:55 pm »
Ok

Lets do a draft derby then

Got some derbies to pick from, so here are some random ones we could use, feel free to add or veto!

Liverpool vs Everton
Inter vs AC
Barca vs Real Madrid
PSG vs Marseille
Boca vs River
Arsenal vs Spurs
Celtic vs Rangers
HSV vs Bayern Munich
Torino v Juventus
Ajax vs Feyenoord
Benfica vs Sporting

These are all good -

Choose between Dortmund-Schalke 04 or the Borussia derby

Athleti - Real Madrid if we are doing same City derby (love me some El Classico but we have to distinguish b/n rivalry and derby

Lazio - Roma
Red Star - Partizan
Fenerbache - Galatasaray
Arsenal - Tottenham
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2656 on: March 18, 2019, 01:37:51 pm »
[1] Liverpool v Everton

[2] Celtic v Rangers

[3] A.C Milan v Inter Milan

[4] Boca Juniors v River Plate

[5] Nacional v  Peñarol

[6] Lazio v Roma

[7] Fenerbache v Galatasaray

[8] Gremio v Internacional

[9] Flamengo v Fluminense

[10] Genoa v Sampdoria

[11] Benfica v Sporting Lisbon

[12] Arsenal v Tottenham

[13] Corinthians v Palmeiras

[14] Partizan Belgrade v Red Star Belgrade

[15] Olympiakos v Panathanaikos

[16] Dynamo Moscow v Spartak Moscow

[17] Real Madrid v Atletico Madrid

[18] Sevilla v Real Betis

This was the original list

Was thinking of other ways for this to work. You could have the max of 5 from each side aspect mentioned.

Or you could add an additional aspect where after 11 rounds, whichever side of the derby has more players are kept but the others are all lost and you have to draft replacements from the teams remaining.

i.e. If after 11 rounds you had 5 AC Milan Players drawn, and only 4 Inter players, then people with AC Milan players could keep them, but the Inter players would have to be replaced - this could either be with solely AC Milan players, or it could be from the "winners" of each derby.

Might be a bit confusing but adds a dimension to the draft that I don't think has been done. (there might be a reason for that though!)
« Last Edit: March 18, 2019, 01:43:50 pm by mikey_LFC »

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2657 on: March 18, 2019, 02:10:34 pm »
[1] Liverpool v Everton

[2] Celtic v Rangers

[3] A.C Milan v Inter Milan

[4] Boca Juniors v River Plate

[5] Nacional v  Peñarol

[6] Lazio v Roma

[7] Fenerbache v Galatasaray

[8] Gremio v Internacional

[9] Flamengo v Fluminense

[10] Genoa v Sampdoria

[11] Benfica v Sporting Lisbon

[12] Arsenal v Tottenham

[13] Corinthians v Palmeiras

[14] Partizan Belgrade v Red Star Belgrade

[15] Olympiakos v Panathanaikos

[16] Dynamo Moscow v Spartak Moscow

[17] Real Madrid v Atletico Madrid

[18] Sevilla v Real Betis

This was the original list

Was thinking of other ways for this to work. You could have the max of 5 from each side aspect mentioned.

Or you could add an additional aspect where after 11 rounds, whichever side of the derby has more players are kept but the others are all lost and you have to draft replacements from the teams remaining.

i.e. If after 11 rounds you had 5 AC Milan Players drawn, and only 4 Inter players, then people with AC Milan players could keep them, but the Inter players would have to be replaced - this could either be with solely AC Milan players, or it could be from the "winners" of each derby.

Might be a bit confusing but adds a dimension to the draft that I don't think has been done. (there might be a reason for that though!)

I like it mate!  Well done.  Looks like we have 6 mainstays.  Need 10 more participants - let the recruiting begin

Lastra
DeFact
Elzar
Mikey
Trent
Tubby
« Last Edit: March 18, 2019, 02:13:36 pm by The Piss-artist Formerly Known As Trendisnotdestiny »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #2658 on: March 18, 2019, 02:33:29 pm »
I'd take a South american one out and stick a German one in personally, and also replace Sevilla vs Betis.

This sounds decent, and something I'd happily track.

Would we say once a player is gone, he is gone completely, not just from that derby. Eg Ronaldo can only be picked once, not Inter Ronaldo and Real Madrid Ronaldo
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #2659 on: March 18, 2019, 03:24:59 pm »
What is it?
Y.N.W.A.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2660 on: March 18, 2019, 03:37:16 pm »
What is it?

A Derby Draft... there is a small write up in this Betting, Draft, and Fanstasy/Prediction Leagues below if you look for it (before the Music Draft).  Want in?  Would love to have you mate.
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2661 on: March 18, 2019, 03:41:41 pm »
Football draft's are dead lads. We've beaten that dead horse to bacteria levels.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2662 on: March 18, 2019, 06:11:38 pm »
Football draft's are dead lads. We've beaten that dead horse to bacteria levels.

Let's revive the dead horse, its bacteria with new blood then.
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2663 on: March 18, 2019, 06:11:55 pm »
I'd take a South american one out and stick a German one in personally, and also replace Sevilla vs Betis.

This sounds decent, and something I'd happily track.

Would we say once a player is gone, he is gone completely, not just from that derby. Eg Ronaldo can only be picked once, not Inter Ronaldo and Real Madrid Ronaldo

Agreed on only picking players once. Although think you won’t have to say which team for, so if you picked Ronaldo - he played for Ac Milan and Inter so you wouldn’t have to pick again if one or the other won. Or would people prefer you having to say.

Swap out Corinthians game for Dortmund v Schalke and Betis v Sevilla for Ajax v Feyenoord?

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2664 on: March 18, 2019, 06:17:55 pm »

Curling Draft? World Championships are on at the moment so a perfect time for it.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2665 on: March 18, 2019, 07:05:27 pm »
Curling Draft? World Championships are on at the moment so a perfect time for it.

Hazell?  What is curling?  Cottage cheese gone bad or hair braiding gone wrong?  Tell me, is it scrubbing the floor to get a waxy shine?
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2666 on: March 18, 2019, 07:16:47 pm »
Hazell?  What is curling?  Cottage cheese gone bad or hair braiding gone wrong?  Tell me, is it scrubbing the floor to get a waxy shine?

It's a fancy version of sweeping the floor. It's brilliant.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2667 on: March 18, 2019, 07:23:02 pm »
It's a fancy version of sweeping the floor. It's brilliant.

Are the top practitioners of it more or less recognizable than:

1.  Jim from the TV show - Taxi
2.  Sergio Garcia's caddy
3.  Twitter Cats - or the twatterati

Help out an old friend, and direct me to the Messi's of Curling!  Names, I need names Roxanne.
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Online Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2668 on: March 18, 2019, 07:35:37 pm »
Are the top practitioners of it more or less recognizable than:

1.  Jim from the TV show - Taxi
2.  Sergio Garcia's caddy
3.  Twitter Cats - or the twatterati

Help out an old friend, and direct me to the Messi's of Curling!  Names, I need names Roxanne.

I would say less recognisable than them but slightly more recognisable than Hangle from Wizardora.

Names, Hmmmm, Anna Hasselborg and Kim Minji are pretty good skippers. It's all about the teams and tactics though. Like a Rafa vs Sacchi match.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #2669 on: March 18, 2019, 07:40:52 pm »
Not for me Hazell.

Listening to the Rhona Martin fan boys arguing who is the greatest with all the Eve Muirhead fanboys does nothing for me.

Online Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2670 on: March 18, 2019, 07:46:21 pm »
Not for me Hazell.

Listening to the Rhona Martin fan boys arguing who is the greatest with all the Eve Muirhead fanboys does nothing for me.

Both great players but Muirhead is just more naturally talented than Martin. And she's not a greasy egotistical twat either.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2671 on: March 19, 2019, 05:35:00 pm »

Is this the day, the drafting died?

Bye Bye Miss American Pie
I took the King Kenny to the Semi
But my Semi had died
I took the Rondo to Redondo
But we had to play 5 a side

Them good ole brits were taking the piss to my pie
Singing this will be the day I abide
This is the day the drafting died

« Last Edit: March 19, 2019, 07:15:19 pm by The Piss-artist Formerly Known As Trendisnotdestiny »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2672 on: March 21, 2019, 02:16:20 pm »
WE doing this or what?

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2673 on: March 21, 2019, 03:55:25 pm »
Struggling for the numbers it seems. If you know anyone up for it that’d help.

Online Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2674 on: March 21, 2019, 03:57:52 pm »
WE doing this or what?

Think you guys might need to try tempt people with a different idea or even a non-footy related one. Seems like this one fizzled out, sadly,

I'm very busy at the moment, so I can't take part either way. Will drop in and help out if I can though.
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2675 on: March 21, 2019, 04:26:11 pm »
Think you guys might need to try tempt people with a different idea or even a non-footy related one. Seems like this one fizzled out, sadly,

I'm very busy at the moment, so I can't take part either way. Will drop in and help out if I can though.

Thanks mate!  Appreciate it.

Hey Mikey?  What about an 8 or 10 person draft?  I think we may have 6 or 7 ready, all we would need are 3 to 4 more.  Easier task -- if we all aim to bring one in.

Here are the ones I think would be in:

1.  Lastrador
2.  Tubby
3.  Mikey
4.  Defacto
5.  Trend
6.  FlashGordon
7.  Elzar

RAWKites to consider from previous drafts who have not yet told us NO.

8.  Phase of Play
9.  King Luis10
10. Sarge
11. LFsea
12. Sudden Death Draft Loser
13. Poetry in Motion
14. Sheer Magnetism
15. Max_Powers
16. XabiArt
17. Klippity Klopp
18. JSteve
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2676 on: March 21, 2019, 04:32:20 pm »
Happy to do whatever. There are loads of ways to alter drafts to re-energise them with you aspects, just needs the enthusiasm to back them up. I tend to see drafts are more popular when the Reds aren’t doing so well too.

The best ideas are often topical too or big ideas that are intriguing, so focused on hotly debated topics.

One of the most debated topics in football (although it bores the tears off of some people) is the Messi v Ronaldo debate, which has been rekindled because of both their recent heroics. Having that theme around a draft could work, just not sure on the exact rules.

One way is having it similar to the Cisse draft that happened recently, so criteria based on Messi and Ronaldo, with people potentially having to choose one or the other from the start, and maybe criteria revealed afterwards.

If we used this sort of draft; we could alter the criteria from the Cisse template to make sure it was more factual/less contentious. Some of the criteria were a bit upon to manipulation like the “been in a movie” one.

You could instead do players who’ve played with them, in alternate round maybe. This seems to one of the debated points that Ronaldo has carried his teams to titles, whereas Messi has been surrounded by greats.

You could split the teams 8 Ronaldo based teams, 8 Messi based teams so be draft is sectioned off ending with the best Ronaldo and best Messi side facing off in the final (similar to the NFL playoffs with conferences). The drafts could even be separate so the Messi sides don’t see the Ronaldo sides. Although this is harder to organise, and may lead to less discussion.

That’s initial thoughts but could provide the foundations for something. What do people think?

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2677 on: March 21, 2019, 04:33:30 pm »
Thanks mate!  Appreciate it.

Hey Mikey?  What about an 8 or 10 person draft?  I think we may have 6 or 7 ready, all we would need are 3 to 4 more.  Easier task -- if we all aim to bring one in.

Here are the ones I think would be in:

1.  Lastrador
2.  Tubby
3.  Mikey
4.  Defacto
5.  Trend
6.  FlashGordon
7.  Elzar

RAWKites to consider from previous drafts who have not yet told us NO.

8.  Phase of Play
9.  King Luis10
10. Sarge
11. LFsea
12. Sudden Death Draft Loser
13. Poetry in Motion
14. Sheer Magnetism
15. Max_Powers
16. XabiArt
17. Klippity Klopp
18. JSteve

Sounds a plan. If we get messages out to these I’m sure we’ll get one or two biting. You happy to message them again?

Online Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2678 on: March 21, 2019, 04:36:26 pm »
Happy to do whatever. There are loads of ways to alter drafts to re-energise them with you aspects, just needs the enthusiasm to back them up. I tend to see drafts are more popular when the Reds aren’t doing so well too.

That's true, the distraction from real football when that happens is pretty appealing ;D

Personally, I'd be happy to do any kind of football draft, just don't have that much time at the moment until the end of the season, which would be a good time to run some as well, given the lack of Euro's/World Cup this summer.

African Cup of Nations/Copa America are on, so that kind of draft would be an idea.

Like your Messi/Ronaldo idea too :)

Online Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2679 on: March 21, 2019, 04:40:10 pm »
The Brexit draft AKA FFS May is a fucking twat and we're doomed

The country is in crisis. We are a matter of days away from crashing out of Europe with no deal. Theresa May is fucking moron. For reasons I can't explain, you have been tasked with creating an 11 that lives up to everything Brexiters strive for. Rule Britannia. Bugger off foreigners.

- You will each have the opportunity to draft 10 English, Scots, Welsh, or N. Irish players who have never EVER played abroad.

This makes the like of Gerrard, Moore, and Banks ineligible because they dared to set foot outside of this great nation.

- However, you will each be permitted to draft one player from any other European country just because we're a generous nation and maybe the odd foreigner isn't too bad after all.

- Additionally, any foreign player who has made over 300 appearances in the English leagues may apply for a UK passport. This will be on a case by case basis. Only 3 permitted per team.

All-time draft. No other restrictions.

Let's make Britain great again!

This is a joke.... just like this country.
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.