Author Topic: Draft Towers  (Read 319273 times)

Offline Saint Kopite

• but Greavesie's in the Main Stand
  • Legacy Fan
  • “By what right does the wolf judge the lion?”
Re: Draft Towers
« Reply #2600 on: October 21, 2018, 11:40:44 pm »
Y'all were talking about me?
A Liverbird upon my chest, we are the men of Shankly's best. A team that plays the Liverpool way, and wins the championship in May.

Offline Saint Kopite

• but Greavesie's in the Main Stand
  • Legacy Fan
  • “By what right does the wolf judge the lion?”
« Reply #2601 on: October 21, 2018, 11:43:19 pm »
Yeah, they're proper mental about write-ups and tactics etc. Interesting how differently they rate players to us as well. I enjoy the more relaxed nature of RAWK drafts personally.

Still, had a good laugh reading about how this guy has been manipulating draft results with multiple accounts for almost a year now  :D  He even got two of his alter egos in as assistant managers for opposing drafters in a Sheep draft and THEN steered both those drafters into picking the same shitty players in 3 different rounds  :lmao

That is some next level shit though.

There were threads where his fake accounts argued with each other and then the main account agreed with one of the fake accounts. :D :D :D
A Liverbird upon my chest, we are the men of Shankly's best. A team that plays the Liverpool way, and wins the championship in May.

Offline KingLuis10

• Legacy Fan
  • He drinks sangria
« Reply #2602 on: October 22, 2018, 08:40:07 am »
King Luis and Hazell deffo engaged in similar nefarious practices on here, the twats

Hey, wait a minute! :lmao

Nowhere is safe. Now I'm starting to wonder whether I might also be Tuppet...

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2603 on: October 22, 2018, 11:14:34 am »
King Luis and Hazell deffo engaged in similar nefarious practices on here, the twats

Looking forward to seeing you in the next RAWK draft.
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #2604 on: October 22, 2018, 11:24:56 am »
Looking forward to seeing you in the next RAWK draft.

Depends what it is mate

No wait, I'm not Tuppet!
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #2605 on: October 22, 2018, 10:16:57 pm »
Deserved winner, D. Well played. But more importantly, well played all. I genuinely enjoyed listening to all the mixes. I skipped a few tracks after a minute or two, purely because of me own tastes but got a blast out of them all with some lovely tunes that surprised and delighted out of the blue. One complaint, the fucking adverts ruined what could have been some excellent segues into tracks that had obviously been positioned to continue a journey. Is there no way around this for next time?

Somebody suggested the female vocalists draft should be held over an international break which makes sense having no footie distractions, gives you time to savour everyones mix. Is the next break too close?

Final bitch. As it's a draft I vote we do not change tunes during the 1st round. We wouldn't do it on a footy draft would we? Having said all that, it's been my favourite draft so far and love the camaraderie involved. Peace, love and understanding  :thumbup :knob :rash :moon

Will also post in draft towers.
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2606 on: October 22, 2018, 10:20:20 pm »
I don't appreciate the libel in here. If that's how it's gonna be, me and my twelve wives will be going elsewhere.

Fucking hell, Trend, we've been rumbled  :o

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #2607 on: October 23, 2018, 04:50:08 am »
Fucking hell, Trend, we've been rumbled  :o

Oh dear.   It couldn't last forever, fun while it lasted...   Playin' "Raindrops keep fallin on my head" in the background to grieve the onslaught.

- Tuffet Trend and his Twelve Teutonic Twats
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2608 on: October 31, 2018, 10:32:12 pm »
Hello dickheads. :wave

Offline vivabobbygraham

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2609 on: November 1, 2018, 12:11:45 am »

Oh, for fucks sake................................................ ;D

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #2610 on: November 1, 2018, 12:12:42 am »

Hola cabeza de pene.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2611 on: November 1, 2018, 12:52:59 am »
Kick in the nuts after this long Samie....Might as well be dressed up as Craig Pawson for Halloween - bring your linesmen and ear piece and start awarding Harry Kane penalties like they are passes to Euro Disney...

Well, no stinking grudges ---

just some old KC blues to honor the City of Pittsburgh after their tragedy and to also welcome back the Betty & Samie - RAWK Style

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/pDaWuyWgJx8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/pDaWuyWgJx8</a>
« Last Edit: November 1, 2018, 06:24:20 am by Trendisnotdestiny »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2612 on: November 1, 2018, 06:22:41 am »
Do have a suggestion for a new musical draft --- CounterIntuit Draft

An artist you do not like, but a song you do:

Did Baby do a bad bad thing?

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/h-pmsrw8XNE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/h-pmsrw8XNE</a>

THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2613 on: November 4, 2018, 04:38:18 am »
One more for good measure --- lets remember the Boss on election day here coming up

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/TsjjE8jXDts" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/TsjjE8jXDts</a>
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2614 on: November 5, 2018, 10:14:08 pm »
How about a "better than the original" cover versions music draft?
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2615 on: November 8, 2018, 03:14:36 am »
How about a "better than the original" cover versions music draft?

Good idea SDDL!

I'll throw in another... Best television series ever draft.  Just got hooked on --- making a murderer 2 (not the greatest series) but it is interesting what draws one to a binge watching crevice and what we turn our backs on.
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2616 on: November 8, 2018, 08:35:55 am »
Yeah, that's a great idea. Like the all female one too, don't think they got much of a look in in the last draft.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2617 on: November 9, 2018, 01:27:12 pm »
How about back to football draft with this upcoming international break :D

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
« Reply #2618 on: November 9, 2018, 02:10:45 pm »
How about back to football draft with this upcoming international break :D

How about a European Super League draft or anti-European Super League draft?

So that'd be anyone who has played for one of the teams suggested for that, or anyone has hasn't played for any of them? - This could be just current players or all players

It is topical and could throw up (which seems to be the consensus about the idea) some interesting teams?

Founders: AC Milan, Arsenal, Barcelona, Bayern Munich, Chelsea, Juventus, Liverpool, Manchester City, Manchester United, Paris Saint-Germain, and Real Madrid

Guests: Atlético Madrid, Borussia Dortmund, Marseille, Internazionale and Roma

We could include or not the guests.

My suggestion would be to include them all and for only current players. So any current players who don't play for any of the above teams (or maybe haven't ever played for them.)
« Last Edit: November 9, 2018, 02:17:51 pm by mikey_LFC »
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2619 on: November 9, 2018, 03:10:56 pm »
How about a European Super League draft or anti-European Super League draft?

So that'd be anyone who has played for one of the teams suggested for that, or anyone has hasn't played for any of them? - This could be just current players or all players

It is topical and could throw up (which seems to be the consensus about the idea) some interesting teams?

Founders: AC Milan, Arsenal, Barcelona, Bayern Munich, Chelsea, Juventus, Liverpool, Manchester City, Manchester United, Paris Saint-Germain, and Real Madrid

Guests: Atlético Madrid, Borussia Dortmund, Marseille, Internazionale and Roma

We could include or not the guests.

My suggestion would be to include them all and for only current players. So any current players who don't play for any of the above teams (or maybe haven't ever played for them.)

I like that, or we can do a draft for clubs who have won a European Cup and limit the selection to only 3 players per club over any time period [for instance you can select up to 3 of our players from 2005 triumph or spread out through out the other years where we won it, i.e picking Kenny and Souness in one year and picking Gerrard from the 2005 side],  and we can only select players that were part of the side that won the European cup that season

« Last Edit: November 9, 2018, 03:14:01 pm by deFacto »

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2620 on: November 14, 2018, 05:02:59 pm »
So what say you lot, are we doing this?

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #2621 on: November 14, 2018, 06:17:28 pm »
Count me in for any draft anyway.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2622 on: November 14, 2018, 08:05:33 pm »
Count me in for any draft anyway.

Same
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2623 on: November 14, 2018, 08:07:42 pm »
alright, so we got a 3 man draft here :D

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2624 on: November 15, 2018, 03:29:06 pm »
alright, so we got a 3 man draft here :D

Still confident I'd come fourth.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline KingLuis10

• Legacy Fan
  • He drinks sangria
« Reply #2625 on: November 24, 2018, 04:51:11 pm »
Great goal, Trent!

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2626 on: January 15, 2019, 10:19:41 am »
Any one up for a draft? Maybe a January Transfer Window draft? So only drafting players signed in European Leagues since the introduction of the European wide January transfer window in the 2002-03 season?

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2627 on: February 3, 2019, 12:34:39 am »
Any one up for a draft? Maybe a January Transfer Window draft? So only drafting players signed in European Leagues since the introduction of the European wide January transfer window in the 2002-03 season?

Lets try in March when there's an international break  ;D

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2628 on: February 7, 2019, 06:21:10 pm »
I'm up for any draft any time.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2629 on: March 3, 2019, 10:13:56 pm »
Not sure where everyone is at the moment with the prospect of an International break on the horizon, but 'kinell I could use a proper draft right about now. 

Anyone?

THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2630 on: March 4, 2019, 06:56:53 pm »

Is that you, Trent?

Always up for a draft. Just seems like we all ran out of good ideas for ones. Does anyone really want to see Hazell pick Redondo for the millionth time?  ;D 
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2631 on: March 4, 2019, 06:59:27 pm »
Is that you, Trent?

Always up for a draft. Just seems like we all ran out of good ideas for ones. Does anyone really want to see Hazell pick Redondo for the millionth time?  ;D

We can have a list of players we're banning from the draft  ;D

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2632 on: March 4, 2019, 07:32:54 pm »
The never drafted before draft

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2633 on: March 4, 2019, 07:52:53 pm »
Is that you, Trent?

Yeah Hazell was a twat for constantly picking Redondo. Thankfully he's no longer posting.

I'd be up for whatever draft though.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2634 on: March 4, 2019, 08:52:58 pm »
Is that you, Trent?

It is.

And I know and sympathize. 

There gots to be a draft out there?  How about best quotations ever draft with pictures?  haha

Think you could come up with another blinder draft (like the category draft we had last year -- that was awesome).

How about Meta-RAWK post draft - best posts ever (only can select one from a single poster and not your own)

It would force me to go back and learn some of the RAWK history and great stories?  Just sayin' think about it (AWWYC would approve)!
« Last Edit: March 5, 2019, 04:58:45 am by cheeky precision »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2635 on: March 4, 2019, 08:53:55 pm »
We can have a list of players we're banning from the draft  ;D

Well played sir!  Gold star to you and your warm warm climate.  :)
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2636 on: March 5, 2019, 05:17:32 pm »
How about a city draft? So everyone drafts a city and you can only pick players from that city? Or each round is a different city?

Could go Liverpool, Glasgow, London, Paris, Madrid, Barcelona, Buenos Aires etc or more random cities, say Oslo, Valencia, Mexico City, Belgrade etc

The other way you could work that is listing famous derbies, and people would have had to have played in them.

So a round for Milan v Inter, River Plate v Boca, Celtic v Rangers (could include non city derbies like el Clasico too)

Think I’d favour the derbies draft.
« Last Edit: March 5, 2019, 05:25:46 pm by mikey_LFC »

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2637 on: March 5, 2019, 05:57:27 pm »
How about a city draft? So everyone drafts a city and you can only pick players from that city? Or each round is a different city?

Could go Liverpool, Glasgow, London, Paris, Madrid, Barcelona, Buenos Aires etc or more random cities, say Oslo, Valencia, Mexico City, Belgrade etc

The other way you could work that is listing famous derbies, and people would have had to have played in them.

So a round for Milan v Inter, River Plate v Boca, Celtic v Rangers (could include non city derbies like el Clasico too)

Think I’d favour the derbies draft.

Two great suggestions.  I'm in on either.

What about 16 person draft for 11 players
---- each gets to pick a category from which players can be drafted (they have to be large enough to have a pool of 30+ players)
---- brings a different strategy to the table
---- category closes as the 11th player from that category is taken ( I am willing to track this for the group)

i.e. January birthday (if the first 11 take Jan birthday) then picks 12 to the finish have to use other categories.  To not burden BB, we all select one category like say

Potential Categories
Left footed players only
Born in the Southern Hemisphere
World Cup Final starters
5 or more Red Cards in a career
Baldness photo category
Played with/against Robbie Keane
Lost teeth in a game
Cussed in an pre or post match interview
Borrow any category from previous drafts

Just some ideas to wet the appetite
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2638 on: March 6, 2019, 01:47:32 pm »
Two great suggestions.  I'm in on either.

What about 16 person draft for 11 players
---- each gets to pick a category from which players can be drafted (they have to be large enough to have a pool of 30+ players)
---- brings a different strategy to the table
---- category closes as the 11th player from that category is taken ( I am willing to track this for the group)

i.e. January birthday (if the first 11 take Jan birthday) then picks 12 to the finish have to use other categories.  To not burden BB, we all select one category like say

Potential Categories
Left footed players only
Born in the Southern Hemisphere
World Cup Final starters
5 or more Red Cards in a career
Baldness photo category
Played with/against Robbie Keane
Lost teeth in a game
Cussed in an pre or post match interview
Borrow any category from previous drafts

Just some ideas to wet the appetite

Love the general idea. Guessing the strategy is getting top picks where you can. So could you also have all categories chosen from in the first round if people wanted first pick in each category?

Also... have enough people lost teeth in matches!!!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2639 on: March 6, 2019, 02:24:51 pm »
Love the general idea. Guessing the strategy is getting top picks where you can. So could you also have all categories chosen from in the first round if people wanted first pick in each category?

Also... have enough people lost teeth in matches!!!

Well, I was not going to play my cards so early, but it is a simple google search.

Mikey, this is for you mate!

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/2VpkACb7Qaw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/2VpkACb7Qaw</a>

Lets build on this ground swell :)   
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN: