Author Topic: Draft Towers  (Read 319049 times)

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
Re: Draft Towers
« Reply #2520 on: September 5, 2018, 12:06:33 pm »
A couple of those are really tough, but I'm in.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2521 on: September 5, 2018, 12:38:19 pm »
Yeah I like that. Could make the criteria more general and have people choose their player rather than just Djibril Cisse.

So rather than exactly 1.83m it could be the same height as your chosen player

and A player who shares the same initials as your player

You could either keep the rounds secret or not. Might be funner to have them secret but might be more tactical to release the questions.

You'd also maintain the rule that no players can be duplicated.

If that is too complicated to maintain for a draft we could maintain the Djibril Cisse draft as above.

I think your idea is really interesting too and I reckon we should do it as a separate thing in the future. I like the idea of picking team captains and having to link your whole side to them. But it needs a bit of thought around the criteria to make sure people have enough freedom to jump between eras and not feel too boxed in with their first pick. Maybe the real challenge would be starting with the worst player possible and seeing what team you could build from there! We could all create a list of 16 god awful players and then draw them at random for us each to build a team. Lots of interesting directions with this idea. Definitely would like to come back to it  :) 

I think we all know who that rule is there to include  ;)

A couple of those are really tough, but I'm in.

I spent a bit of time researching each 'fact' to make sure there were enough players available. Some are definitely more difficult than others though, and there's some overlap that I can't really account for. I also tried to create an equal spread of all-time greats for the early rounds, so no-one feels too hard done by if they don't get drawn near the top. Hopefully it works out.
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
« Reply #2522 on: September 5, 2018, 01:19:22 pm »
I think your idea is really interesting too and I reckon we should do it as a separate thing in the future. I like the idea of picking team captains and having to link your whole side to them. But it needs a bit of thought around the criteria to make sure people have enough freedom to jump between eras and not feel too boxed in with their first pick. Maybe the real challenge would be starting with the worst player possible and seeing what team you could build from there! We could all create a list of 16 god awful players and then draw them at random for us each to build a team. Lots of interesting directions with this idea. Definitely would like to come back to it  :) 

Yeah like that idea of 16 god awful players. And then whether you have to have them in the side or have 11 rounds after is up for debate.

Like the Djibril Cisse draft though, so for that, I'm in.
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #2523 on: September 5, 2018, 01:39:56 pm »
That's the nicest thing anyone's ever said about me.

I like the gist of this idea, but I've crafted onto it to create another idea. I give you -

The Djibril Cissé Draft

Similar to the Shopping List and Domino drafts of times past, to complete our final 11 we will have to check off 11 fun facts and stats about Djibril Cisse that can each be applied to another player. All-time draft. No other restrictions. Cisse is ineligible!

This is what I have so far. Open to any changes or suggestions -

1. A player who has played in a club match that also featured Djibril Cisse. Both players must have played minutes in the same game, but not necessarily at the same time.

2. A player who has played for one of Djibril Cisse’s former clubs EXCEPT Liverpool. So that leaves:- Auxerre, Marseille, Sunderland, Panathinaikos, Lazio, Queens Park Rangers, Al-Gharafa, Kuban Krasnodar, Bastia, Saint-Pierroise, Yverdon, or A.C. Vicenza 1902. This doesn't need to be in the same time frame that Cisse was at the club.

3. A player who has dyed his hair another colour (please provide picture proof).

4. A player whose team were knocked out at the group stages of either the 2002 or 2010 World Cup (must have played some minutes).

5. A player who has won the Confederations Cup (must have appeared in the final).

6. A player who has made a cameo (or played a title role!) in a film. Can be playing themselves, but NOT via archive footage.

7. A player who is either exactly 1.83m in height OR born in 1981.

8. A player who was born in August.

9. A player who came on as a substitute for an European Cup/Champions League winning team in the final.

10. A player who has scored a goal in the final of either the FA Cup OR the UEFA Super Cup.

11. A player whose first name begins with a 'D' OR one whose surname begins with a 'C'.

I can be a real pain in the backside, but I know quality Betty Blue --- and that's you, mate!

Love the idea --- get in!
« Last Edit: September 5, 2018, 02:04:59 pm by Trendisnotdestiny »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2524 on: September 5, 2018, 03:58:27 pm »
Looks like we have 6-7 In immediately.... 
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2525 on: September 5, 2018, 04:02:08 pm »
I am in, not sure for what though :D

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2526 on: September 5, 2018, 05:17:53 pm »
Great idea Betty. Up for it.

Maybe the real challenge would be starting with the worst player possible and seeing what team you could build from there! We could all create a list of 16 god awful players and then draw them at random for us each to build a team.

We could nominate 16 terrible players, assign them randomly and each player has to build their team from there. I nominate Pogba.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2527 on: September 5, 2018, 06:40:52 pm »
I nominate Joey Barton and if I cannot have him, then I am all in on Colin Pascoe...
« Last Edit: September 6, 2018, 03:07:36 am by Trendisnotdestiny »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #2528 on: September 5, 2018, 09:59:46 pm »
In for this one definitely, sounds like a really fun draft to be fair.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2529 on: September 6, 2018, 10:12:01 am »
Okay, looks like there's a decent bit of interest in this. I'm going to start a new thread.

As an aside, my initial aim was to make an Igor Biscan draft, but I couldn't find as many interesting facts about him as I could about Cisse!
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #2530 on: September 6, 2018, 10:36:01 am »
Sound. I'm in
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #2531 on: September 6, 2018, 10:56:53 am »
 :wave
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2532 on: September 6, 2018, 11:16:59 am »
I’m in.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #2533 on: September 6, 2018, 05:41:04 pm »
Not for me this time - I'm swamped for the next few months

I'm sure I'd have found a way to get Bodo Illgner in, though :D
Better looking than Samie.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2534 on: September 7, 2018, 03:39:22 am »
Not for me this time - I'm swamped for the next few months

I'm sure I'd have found a way to get Bodo Illgner in, though :D

Come on PoP, the day Burt Reynolds dies you bring this shit? Shame on you

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2535 on: September 17, 2018, 03:32:56 am »
Three ideas for a draft:

1)  Futures draft (best starting XI in the next 12 months) --- 2 years of playing or less at the highest level
2)  Liquor, specialty drinks and Beer Draft -  A Proper Piss Off Draft - PPOD
3)  One hit wonders --- every walk of life (music, football, acting ---- whatever)

Okay, I crawl back into my Trent tent!  CoCKs approved!
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2536 on: September 30, 2018, 01:26:16 am »
BB et al....  Next draft?

THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #2537 on: September 30, 2018, 05:33:38 am »
Really enjoyed the last one, the drafting bit at least (hate losing to Chakan) but I think a media and arts draft is in place.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2538 on: September 30, 2018, 03:06:18 pm »
We have another international break on the horizon :D

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2539 on: September 30, 2018, 03:21:15 pm »
We have another international break on the horizon :D

There we have it...    International Break Draft --- players who were broken but there was no Pottery Barn rule of return

Thrusting out my chest since 2009
« Last Edit: September 30, 2018, 03:23:56 pm by Trendisnotdestiny »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2540 on: October 5, 2018, 03:37:16 pm »
PTB..... pretty much BB & Samie....

We have a break coming up....

I am lost on an island of insurmountable pain and anguish...

The only thing I think that can bring me back to reality is:

1.  Another RAWK draft
2.  One hell of a Panini
3.  Kicking the shit out the manc blues by 5-0 and red card for Ederson.

Please advise - the disease could be the death of me if I don' ,,,,, if I don.....    if I don't get to make some picks in a RAWK draft

You could save a life today.  Think about it bitches!

THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2541 on: October 5, 2018, 03:42:40 pm »
All time worst players draft. Pick the worst players ever and vote for the team with worst players.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2542 on: October 5, 2018, 05:10:17 pm »
All time worst players draft. Pick the worst players ever and vote for the team with worst players.

Wasn’t that your last draft FC?

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2543 on: October 5, 2018, 05:35:14 pm »

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2544 on: October 5, 2018, 06:50:32 pm »

I'm sure we did that once once and people just got bored leaving it never finished.

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2545 on: October 5, 2018, 07:00:07 pm »
I'm also away from home for the next week, so I won't be able to run any drafts. Especially insane criteria ones!

I think a media & arts type one is needed to break it up a bit. Just not sure what's left to draft about!

We've already done -

Video Games
Actors
Comedians
Comic Book Superheroes/Villains
Cinema/Movie Nights
Music Festival line-ups

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2546 on: October 5, 2018, 07:16:45 pm »
I'm sure we did that once once and people just got bored leaving it never finished.

12 Song Compilation, best one wins.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2547 on: October 5, 2018, 07:59:16 pm »

I didn't need the subtitles I know the scene well

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2548 on: October 5, 2018, 08:00:02 pm »
I didn't need the subtitles I know the scene well

Couldn't find one without subtitles you 'F * *...'.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2549 on: October 5, 2018, 08:03:49 pm »
Couldn't find one without subtitles you 'F * *...'.

Like your drafts, you don't look hard enough, mate......................

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2550 on: October 5, 2018, 08:17:19 pm »
Like your drafts, you don't look hard enough, mate......................

I'm bored of this, I'm going for a Twix.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2551 on: October 5, 2018, 09:57:44 pm »

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2552 on: October 6, 2018, 05:04:24 am »

I like it! 

12 Song Compilation
Top 10 Favorite Books (categories)
Alcohol - Beer, Wine, Liquor Draft
Asshat Draft --- worst people ever

Let's do something
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2553 on: October 6, 2018, 05:06:16 am »
I'm also away from home for the next week, so I won't be able to run any drafts. Especially insane criteria ones!

I think a media & arts type one is needed to break it up a bit. Just not sure what's left to draft about!

We've already done -

Video Games
Actors
Comedians
Comic Book Superheroes/Villains
Cinema/Movie Nights
Music Festival line-ups

Perfect....

Claude Monet

THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2554 on: October 10, 2018, 12:34:59 am »

Want to start this draft Hazell?  Its a damn good idea.
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2555 on: October 10, 2018, 06:53:55 am »
Want to start this draft Hazell?  Its a damn good idea.

Don't mind, anyone up for it?

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #2556 on: October 10, 2018, 10:35:14 am »

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2557 on: October 10, 2018, 12:21:00 pm »
Don't mind, anyone up for it?

Didn't you try this one before (mixtape draft) and it fell on it's arse!

Can't think of many topics left that are interesting enough to draft about to be honest. Books is about the only major topic, but it's also a bit too broad really.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #2558 on: October 10, 2018, 01:05:09 pm »
I suggested the mixtape one way back but didn't have time to get it moving and there didn't seem to be a huge amount of interest either.

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2559 on: October 10, 2018, 01:22:05 pm »
I suggested the mixtape one way back but didn't have time to get it moving and there didn't seem to be a huge amount of interest either.

Here it is. Although for some bizarre reason that was 90s only.

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=334693.0

An all-time mixtape draft could be more interesting. Something like 10 songs from at least 5 different decades, must include one female singer, can't pick the same band twice.