Author Topic: Draft Towers  (Read 320166 times)

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Draft Towers
« Reply #2480 on: July 28, 2018, 07:08:42 pm »
Nice swan Betts.

Yeah like minimum 50 appearances.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2481 on: July 28, 2018, 08:34:22 pm »
Sent out PM's to the usuals, none usuals who were interested previously and maybe a coup.  When I headhunt I go for the shite best of rawk. 8)

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2482 on: July 28, 2018, 08:37:22 pm »
Sent out PM's to the usuals, none usuals who were interested previously and maybe a coup.  When I headhunt I go for the shite best of rawk. 8)

Fordy? Although Charlie Adam hasn't ever played in Italy i think so I doubt he'll play.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2483 on: July 28, 2018, 08:38:20 pm »
 ;D

I asked Fordy years ago wasn't interested in footie drafts, had to beg him to do a boxing draft though.  :D

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2484 on: July 28, 2018, 09:00:13 pm »
I will give it a go you fekirs

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #2485 on: July 28, 2018, 09:07:30 pm »
I will give it a go you fekirs

First called shite and now Fekirs...  Love it ta.

Allez Arrete Allez
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2486 on: July 28, 2018, 09:22:44 pm »
Hey what about Crimson Tank or Eel Lobo?
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2487 on: July 28, 2018, 09:36:10 pm »
Lobo has been PM'd no response and CT doesn't do footie draft's.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #2488 on: July 28, 2018, 10:28:17 pm »
Lobo has been PM'd no response and CT doesn't do footie draft's.

Lobos been muted for awhile.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2489 on: July 28, 2018, 10:33:58 pm »
Lobos been muted for awhile.

At least it gives him more time to work on his TV show idea, a cross between Telly Addicts and Noel's House Party.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2490 on: July 28, 2018, 11:35:54 pm »
We might have 16 now, Elsewhere is currently jotting down Wiki's list of greatest Seria A players.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2491 on: July 28, 2018, 11:38:24 pm »
We might have 16 now, Elsewhere is currently jotting down Wiki's list of greatest Seria A players.

Good timing here.
Hip Hip Shaq's going to sink your ship!!!! X-man cometh

Oh Dear.... Cracker Shaq

« Last Edit: July 28, 2018, 11:46:19 pm by Trendisnotdestiny »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2492 on: July 31, 2018, 12:32:27 am »
Do we have a La Liga or Bundesliga draft by any chance :D

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2493 on: July 31, 2018, 01:03:08 am »
We've done 2 La liga draft's and a Bundesliga one. The first Spanish and German draft's were done in RAWK's drafting heyday.

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2494 on: July 31, 2018, 05:07:21 am »
We need a sheep draft or some sort of transfer draft. I know they require some effort to organize but they are just so much more fun than the standard drafts. Its fun bargaining with other posters in secret to get that one winger you need to complete your team.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2495 on: August 12, 2018, 09:24:57 pm »
We've done 2 La liga draft's and a Bundesliga one. The first Spanish and German draft's were done in RAWK's drafting heyday.

How about doing another La Liga draft but not being able to pick players who are currently active?  :D

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2496 on: August 13, 2018, 03:02:54 pm »
How about doing another La Liga draft but not being able to pick players who are currently active?  :D

Would have to avoid this one...  Too much up in the air.
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Online vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #2497 on: August 13, 2018, 03:06:56 pm »
We need a sheep draft or some sort of transfer draft. I know they require some effort to organize but they are just so much more fun than the standard drafts. Its fun bargaining with other posters in secret to get that one winger you need to complete your team.

Anything to do with sheep, I'm in
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2498 on: August 13, 2018, 03:20:11 pm »

Would have to avoid this one...  Too much up in the air.

I'm desperately trying to redeem myself from the Serie A Draft  ;D

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
« Reply #2499 on: August 31, 2018, 12:01:30 pm »
With an international break on the horizon this may be a good time to get another draft up and running.

Don't know what everybody else's feelings are, but I'm chomping at the bit to get going again after my success in the Serie A draft!
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2500 on: August 31, 2018, 01:42:48 pm »
With an international break on the horizon this may be a good time to get another draft up and running.

Don't know what everybody else's feelings are, but I'm chomping at the bit to get going again after my success in the Serie A draft!

How about an All-Brazilian Draft?  We'll call it "Unluckee"

THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2501 on: August 31, 2018, 01:54:51 pm »
I'm craving for one as well, a La Liga or Bundesliga draft will do. What say yous?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2502 on: August 31, 2018, 01:58:25 pm »
I'm craving for one as well, a La Liga or Bundesliga draft will do. What say yous?

Someone PM the boss --- Samie or BB.   

THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2503 on: August 31, 2018, 02:01:10 pm »
It has been done. :D

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #2504 on: August 31, 2018, 02:02:57 pm »
Happy with whatever, as long as it can be done before I get banned again :D
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2505 on: August 31, 2018, 02:08:03 pm »
Had a thought about a draft similar to one of those videos you see around or a charity game when players put together a team based on the best players to play with them.

e.g. Djibril Cisse's below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRW-hkxC9Zw

So you'd draft a player then the team you draft would all have to have played with them.

This could include the player or not, so either 12 or 11 round draft.

Could also say no overlaps in players so there is a bit more tactics to it. What do you reckon?
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2506 on: August 31, 2018, 02:11:52 pm »
Happy with whatever, as long as it can be done before I get banned again :D

Have I mentioned my affection for you?   Banning the lobo is much like this:  don't do it RAWK!!!!

THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Online Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2507 on: August 31, 2018, 05:51:23 pm »
La Liga draft sounds good. No Barcelona or Real Madrid players allowed.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2508 on: August 31, 2018, 07:15:03 pm »
La Liga draft sounds good. No Barcelona or Real Madrid players allowed.

If we could find a sheep herder, would prefer to something a bit more silly.  Not sure if now is the time, but something new would be good.
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Online Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2509 on: August 31, 2018, 07:36:13 pm »
If we could find a sheep herder, would prefer to something a bit more silly.  Not sure if now is the time, but something new would be good.

But I want to see Djalminha picked first because someone once had a shrine dedicated to them.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2510 on: August 31, 2018, 07:50:04 pm »
But I want to see Djalminha picked first because someone once had a shrine dedicated to them.

Well that is an entirely different story then.  Off we go....

Aspas is my first choice --- I need someone who can take a corner :)
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Online Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2511 on: August 31, 2018, 10:41:45 pm »
Well that is an entirely different story then.  Off we go....

Aspas is my first choice --- I need someone who can take a corner :)

Aspas is a good player, just didn't work out here. Like an inverse Jonathan Woodgate.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2512 on: September 1, 2018, 09:35:03 pm »
Aspas is a good player, just didn't work out here. Like an inverse Jonathan Woodgate.

You had me until you unsheathed your wood and named him Jonathan.
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2513 on: September 1, 2018, 11:21:30 pm »
Samie no where to be found.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2514 on: September 2, 2018, 03:33:25 pm »
Samie no where to be found.

I think we want the old pros for this kind of thing --- Blue Betty, Samie et al...
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Online vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #2515 on: September 2, 2018, 10:52:14 pm »
Have I mentioned my affection for you?   Banning the lobo is much like this:  don't do it RAWK!!!!

You like all the bad boys, Trend. Did your ma not tell you to keep away from them?
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2516 on: September 3, 2018, 03:14:12 am »
You like all the bad boys, Trend. Did your ma not tell you to keep away from them?

Eel Lobo is funny though... Watching him engage post-game threads is like watching alligators get fed... glorius!
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Online Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2517 on: September 5, 2018, 11:44:40 am »
I think we want the old pros for this kind of thing --- Blue Betty, Samie et al...

That's the nicest thing anyone's ever said about me.

Had a thought about a draft similar to one of those videos you see around or a charity game when players put together a team based on the best players to play with them.

e.g. Djibril Cisse's below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRW-hkxC9Zw

So you'd draft a player then the team you draft would all have to have played with them.

This could include the player or not, so either 12 or 11 round draft.

Could also say no overlaps in players so there is a bit more tactics to it. What do you reckon?

I like the gist of this idea, but I've crafted onto it to create another idea. I give you -

The Djibril Cissé Draft

Similar to the Shopping List and Domino drafts of times past, to complete our final 11 we will have to check off 11 fun facts and stats about Djibril Cisse that can each be applied to another player. All-time draft. No other restrictions. Cisse is ineligible!

This is what I have so far. Open to any changes or suggestions -

1. A player who has played in a club match that also featured Djibril Cisse. Both players must have played minutes in the same game, but not necessarily at the same time.

2. A player who has played for one of Djibril Cisse’s former clubs EXCEPT Liverpool. So that leaves:- Auxerre, Marseille, Sunderland, Panathinaikos, Lazio, Queens Park Rangers, Al-Gharafa, Kuban Krasnodar, Bastia, Saint-Pierroise, Yverdon, or A.C. Vicenza 1902. This doesn't need to be in the same time frame that Cisse was at the club.

3. A player who has dyed his hair another colour (please provide picture proof).

4. A player whose team were knocked out at the group stages of either the 2002 or 2010 World Cup (must have played some minutes).

5. A player who has won the Confederations Cup (must have appeared in the final).

6. A player who has made a cameo (or played a title role!) in a film. Can be playing themselves, but NOT via archive footage.

7. A player who is either exactly 1.83m in height OR born in 1981.

8. A player who was born in August.

9. A player who came on as a substitute for an European Cup/Champions League winning team in the final.

10. A player who has scored a goal in the final of either the FA Cup OR the UEFA Super Cup.

11. A player whose first name begins with a 'D' OR one whose surname begins with a 'C'.
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2518 on: September 5, 2018, 11:51:05 am »
That's the nicest thing anyone's ever said about me.

I like the gist of this idea, but I've crafted onto it to create another idea. I give you -

The Djibril Cissé Draft

Similar to the Shopping List and Domino drafts of times past, to complete our final 11 we will have to check off 11 fun facts and stats about Djibril Cisse that can each be applied to another player. All-time draft. No other restrictions. Cisse is ineligible!

This is what I have so far. Open to any changes or suggestions -

1. A player who has played in a club match that also featured Djibril Cisse. Both players must have played minutes in the same game, but not necessarily at the same time.

2. A player who has played for one of Djibril Cisse’s former clubs EXCEPT Liverpool. So that leaves:- Auxerre, Marseille, Sunderland, Panathinaikos, Lazio, Queens Park Rangers, Al-Gharafa, Kuban Krasnodar, Bastia, Saint-Pierroise, Yverdon, or A.C. Vicenza 1902. This doesn't need to be in the same time frame that Cisse was at the club.

3. A player who has dyed his hair another colour (please provide picture proof).

4. A player whose team were knocked out at the group stages of either the 2002 or 2010 World Cup (must have played some minutes).

5. A player who has won the Confederations Cup (must have appeared in the final).

6. A player who has made a cameo (or played a title role!) in a film. Can be playing themselves, but NOT via archive footage.

7. A player who is either exactly 1.83m in height OR born in 1981.

8. A player who was born in August.

9. A player who came on as a substitute for an European Cup/Champions League winning team in the final.

10. A player who has scored a goal in the final of either the FA Cup OR the UEFA Super Cup.

11. A player whose first name begins with a 'D' OR one whose surname begins with a 'C'.

Yeah I like that. Could make the criteria more general and have people choose their player rather than just Djibril Cisse.

So rather than exactly 1.83m it could be the same height as your chosen player

and A player who shares the same initials as your player

You could either keep the rounds secret or not. Might be funner to have them secret but might be more tactical to release the questions.

You'd also maintain the rule that no players can be duplicated.

If that is too complicated to maintain for a draft we could maintain the Djibril Cisse draft as above.

Offline KingLuis10

• Legacy Fan
  • He drinks sangria
« Reply #2519 on: September 5, 2018, 12:02:13 pm »

I'm in by the way, sounds like a great idea for a draft.