The Liverpool FC Forum > Anfield Stadium

The Anfield Choo-Choo Thread

<< < (8/10) > >>

Eeyore:

--- Quote from: Cafe De Paris on October 28, 2021, 12:50:52 am ---Do we think the city council could run a project like building a new station and railway when they can’t fix the fkn potholes on the way to Anfield if you drive from the city centre. Have a look at St George’s plateau and see if you could trust them.

--- End quote ---

It wouldn't be the City Council.

kopite321:
I think we need to break out the comments on rail infrastructure; this seems a topic in its own right; it derailed this thread ;-)

Ghost Town:

--- Quote from: kopite321 on October 28, 2021, 04:24:02 am ---I think we need to break out the comments on rail infrastructure; this seems a topic in its own right; it derailed this thread ;-)

--- End quote ---
Fair points. Definitely needs its own platform for discussion. Someone signal the mods so it can be moved in a permanent way.

Peter McGurk:

--- Quote from: Al 666 on October 28, 2021, 12:50:23 am ---No Peter, actual documents and strategic plans that are in the public domain.

The hilarious part is you are quoting your own post from 7 years ago and then trying to pass it off as fact.

May I draw your attention to points

5. It doesn't connect to the South of the city at the other end (it goes to Huyton / Manchester)
6. It doesn't connect to the West Coast Main Line

I would love you to explain the above blindingly obvious contradiction.

--- End quote ---

I brought up the 7-year old thread to illustrate how stale the debate was. It has been done to death. The costs (and consequences for other users such as the port) are such that no football club could possibly think about it.

But if you want to show me where I’m wrong about how it connects with the south of the city (it doesn’t) or with the WCML (into Lime Street - it doesn’t) or any of the other really good reasons how unlikely it is to happen for passenger transport (however desirable it might be) or how impossible it is for the stadium to pay for it, then maybe best if it could be moved to a separate thread and we can have a nice chat about trains.

Alan_X:
Split into a new thread.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version