Author Topic: Coutinho  (Read 504885 times)

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
Coutinho
« on: December 27, 2017, 03:20:36 am »
He has a 4 year contract, he is playing well, we hold all the cards. If someone wants to buy him and we want to sell, 150 million minimum price for shit stains like Barca,Real and PSG.
« Last Edit: January 8, 2018, 12:18:40 am by SP »

Offline AmanShah21

• May be Frank Colombo. Never seen with Frank Colombo in the same room at the same time. You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes, do you Miss Marple?
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm is a golden sky!
Re: Re: Coutinho
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2017, 03:23:53 am »
In a realistic scenario, next summer if Barca come in early and offer 120 million plus, we'd accept it out of courtesy. However, knowing the shitstains that Barca are, I know they'll try to haggle and try dirty tactics to get him for a tenner and a bag of crisps and hopefully that'll piss JWH enough to go ballistic and shut the whole thing down. That's the best realistic scenario I am hoping for given the fact that they are run by a bunch of incompetent clowns and John Henry doesn't take bullshit in the market.

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2017, 03:37:28 am »
In a realistic scenario, next summer if Barca come in early and offer 120 million plus, we'd accept it out of courtesy. However, knowing the shitstains that Barca are, I know they'll try to haggle and try dirty tactics to get him for a tenner and a bag of crisps and hopefully that'll piss JWH enough to go ballistic and shut the whole thing down. That's the best realistic scenario I am hoping for given the fact that they are run by a bunch of incompetent clowns and John Henry doesn't take bullshit in the market.

depends on his world cup.. but i think 120 is not enough for a proven international player in his peak. Compare his performances with other wingers or attacking mids in world football and i don´t think there are many better than him. He is a natural player... talented + professional on and off the pitch. He should not be much cheaper than what Neymar´s worth is. Players like Coutinho are rare. He made it in PL as one of very few Brazilians with his pure talent and determination... imagine what he could do in Spain or other country´s considered softer in football approach... we should not sell.

edit: also you have to look more on the fact what would 120 mil. for Coutinho next summer be getting us. With prices for players going crazy, would 120 mil. be enough to buy players like him to replace that would go straight to starting 11? would such players come knowing we sold a player who they would like to play with, i mean the best players... in reality we would spend it on young unproven players, from which one would become great and we will sell again after him being great for us for 3-4 seasons... that´s not the way forward.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2017, 03:42:35 am by PIPA23 »

Offline Crouch Potato

• Srofa spud!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2017, 03:44:59 am »
I think the way Barca are pissing La Liga should help us, as they will feel less desperate to buy Phil, so let's hope they stay comfortably ahead.

Offline Hymer Red

• With the money from the accident she bought herself a mobile home...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2017, 04:47:52 am »
we need to become a final destination for players, therefore not selling our best players to Barca or Real... Bayern are not doing that, because they want to be the best. We are part of Premier league, worlds most entertaining and rich league, this should be the ultimate dream for players to be part of this league. Even if it might not be true in past, look at this season, how many english clubs are left in CL. The league has the best competition, nevermind City´s form this year, the league is very very strong. Clubs can afford to spend more and it is visible in how they progress in Europe. Of course traditionally spanish top clubs are the ultimate goal for latin america players, but in Coutinho´s case, we don´t have to sell and we shoud make a statement by not selling him. period. Doesn´t matter if the team will make this transition by losing him. Many things are won by passion and luck, but even more things are won by having top class talent available and motivated. We should motivate Coutinho to give us his best years, not Barcelona etc.

Well I agree that we should be trying to keep our best players and success would help in that but no club can keep hold of a player that really wants to leave for whatever reason. Even when we were winning everything we had players leaving for grass they thought was greener. Think Keegan Souness McNamaman even Rushie tried his luck elsewhere. Right now we are doing well to finish top four and progress in the cups but trophies are hard to come by so I can see why some would want to leave. I can also see how the club would see the influx of a load of money as a way of strenghtening more than one position further back when we have others like Mo Salah Bobby and Mane playing so well and others improving all over the pitch.
This Klopp fella, hes not bad is he?

Offline carven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2017, 05:22:58 am »
Most importantly is how does Jurgen Klopp sees this?

Nuri Sahin revealed that Klopp asked him to "follow his heart" when Sahin was offered a chance to join Real Madrid when at Borussia Dortmund.
http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11669/10989485/nuri-sahin-explains-how-jurgen-klopp-reacted-when-he-asked-to-join-real-madrid

Our manager strikes me as a person with enormous EQ. Perhaps the whole reason why Coutinho is still here is because it was so late in the transfer window that Klopp thinks we wouldn't have a good chance to find a proper replacement?

In my mind, a player wants to leave, Klopp would wish him well, negotiate a deal/plan that suits both parties and move on. If the deal does not suit us, then Klopp rejects it.

He just doesn't seem like the sort that would keep a player/person against his will just for the sake of having him available to play football.

Probable? Or just my lack of sleep talking here..  ???

Offline penga

• What you get if you cross Pingu with Jenga.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2017, 05:27:30 am »
Well hopefully somehow barca gets a transfer ban from tapping up Griezmann...

That magical creativity and outside of the box goal threat is so valuable to us...we won't likely be able to replace the latter.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2017, 06:22:36 am »
We can't let him go. He's reaching the center of his peak, and currently he's probably in the top5 best player in the world.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2017, 06:54:01 am »
We will sell him in the summer because Liverpool have been a selling club for the last twenty years. Its what we do. Get close to winning something, fail, our best players leave and we wonder why we are stuck on 18 for two and a half decades. Ive just accepted the liverpool ive grew up with isnt the same me dad and his mates followed when they seen Paisley, Fagan and Kenny romp home trophies every year.

The lad is a joy to watch and vital to how we play. Whenever he is on the ball you feel something will happen.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Online Redknight60

• Main Stander
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2017, 07:11:35 am »
Most importantly is how does Jurgen Klopp sees this?

Nuri Sahin revealed that Klopp asked him to "follow his heart" when Sahin was offered a chance to join Real Madrid when at Borussia Dortmund.
http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11669/10989485/nuri-sahin-explains-how-jurgen-klopp-reacted-when-he-asked-to-join-real-madrid

Our manager strikes me as a person with enormous EQ. Perhaps the whole reason why Coutinho is still here is because it was so late in the transfer window that Klopp thinks we wouldn't have a good chance to find a proper replacement?

In my mind, a player wants to leave, Klopp would wish him well, negotiate a deal/plan that suits both parties and move on. If the deal does not suit us, then Klopp rejects it.

He just doesn't seem like the sort that would keep a player/person against his will just for the sake of having him available to play football.

Probable? Or just my lack of sleep talking here..  ???

And he is correct. At the end of the day, nobody should be forced to work somewhere they don’t want to. Assuming the compensation is generous enough, he should be allowed to leave imo.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2017, 07:49:00 am »
And he is correct. At the end of the day, nobody should be forced to work somewhere they don’t want to. Assuming the compensation is generous enough, he should be allowed to leave imo.

His work is to play football. He's doing that here, and he's getting a quite good paycheck for that. If he wants higher salary, I'm sure we can give him that too.

We should make him an offer that he can't resist.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline HardworkDedication

• Hardwork and Dedication linked to many stories - Mingebag. Has no opinion of his own. Human news ticker tape.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2017, 08:19:42 am »
His attitude has been first class since the window closed. The difference in attitude between him and vvd is night and day. I get the feeling the latter has down tools.

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2017, 08:26:48 am »
Well I agree that we should be trying to keep our best players and success would help in that but no club can keep hold of a player that really wants to leave for whatever reason. Even when we were winning everything we had players leaving for grass they thought was greener. Think Keegan Souness McNamaman even Rushie tried his luck elsewhere. Right now we are doing well to finish top four and progress in the cups but trophies are hard to come by so I can see why some would want to leave. I can also see how the club would see the influx of a load of money as a way of strenghtening more than one position further back when we have others like Mo Salah Bobby and Mane playing so well and others improving all over the pitch.

Well of course, first of all they were winning with us and got fed up? winning all the time + needed new challenge, new country after being in England all the time... All players you mentioned were British, for those LFC was their home country team, where they achieved success or recognition... That team for Phill is or was Vasco da Gama, and we should be his final destination if we want to achieve big things again in near future... We should aim to be the team these kind of players come to and win things. If we somehow manage to win CL within year or two, or other big trophy, he has my blessing to go if he wants though. But who would want to leave a club that is winning things? Only if you are winning a lot and you feel you have to move for new challenge... or as in today´s world, if your greedy and want as much money as possible.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2017, 08:44:32 am by PIPA23 »

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2017, 08:46:54 am »
From the clubs perspective, it's a poor match. We have money already and struggle to find good enough players.
Barca aren't silly rich and are doing well football wise.
I think LFC will ask for about 150M, and I'm not sure Barca are that desperate.
But anything can happen. I just hope the club is properly prepared, ie have some targets lined up.

Offline 88_RED

• Not a real bookie though.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2017, 10:20:11 am »
His attitude has been first class since the window closed. The difference in attitude between him and vvd is night and day. I get the feeling the latter has down tools.

I think world cup qualification has a lot to do with what you suggest..

Phil needs to be in good form heading into a world cup.. VVD needs to find the best beach possible to watch the world cup..
F*CK 0FF Mourinho..

Offline 7777

• RAWK Boxing Prediction League Champion 07
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We see things they'll never see
Re: Coutinho
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2017, 10:31:33 am »
Just a heads up that this one will be carefully watched.

There is little in the way of substance at the moment, he is clearly enjoying his football and I personally find it hard to believe we would let him go whilst we're in with a chance of top4, CL and FA cup.

Be sensible

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2017, 10:32:42 am »
Remember he's presently a Liverpool player, but as speculation is rife the shite is better off in here rather than on the main board.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2017, 10:35:07 am »
Zero chance he leaves in January in my opinion.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2017, 10:35:25 am »
Say nothing of the fact that he is cup-tied in the Champion's League as well, this makes no sense at this time of the season. We need to make sure we don't play the game Barcelona's press would like us to indulge in.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Felch Aid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2017, 10:36:27 am »
I think he'll go in the summer and if he finishes the season well with a good world cup the usual suspects will want him - ie PSG, Real and Barca. I suspect we'll get near enough to 120 million.

Hopefully he can do one better than Suarez in his last season and bring us a trophy and top 4.

Offline AndreTheMidget

• Kopite
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2017, 10:37:34 am »
I think he'll go in the summer and if he finishes the season well with a good world cup the usual suspects will want him - ie PSG, Real and Barca. I suspect we'll get near enough to 120 million.

Hopefully he can do one better than Suarez in his last season and bring us a trophy and top 4.

120 would be shit now let alone on top of a great season and World Cup. They’ll need to come with much more than that.

Offline hassinator

• RAWK Funk Soul Brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oot and proud
    • good egg hq
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2017, 10:39:34 am »
not sure why he'd have cost less than dembele in the summer and he has significantly improved since then.

don't think we will sell him in january as the boss will want to win the champions league more than ever now the league is over the horizon.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2017, 10:40:41 am »
I don´t think Barcelona can afford him right now.
If he finishes the season in this form and has a good World Cup then I´m certain they can´t afford him.

Well, they could if they approached us like adults and tried to negotiate quietly and reasonably. We may just let him go for 120 but leave the number undisclosed. But this is not something they can ever do as it would be dangerously close to them treating other clubs like equals - something their entitlement could never allow. So what they´ll probably do is agitate in every way possible to lower the price, pissing us off further and hardening club´s negotiating stance and asking price. Either way, I´d say that there are reasonably good chances of Coutinho staying beyond the summer and signing a new contract if we play our cards right. All we really need to do is not undervalue him. If kids like Lamar and Dembele are going for 90 and 115 million, then we have every right to ask upwards of 150 for Phil. That is all we need to do to keep Barcelona away.

Offline hassinator

• RAWK Funk Soul Brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oot and proud
    • good egg hq
« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2017, 10:41:59 am »
120 would be shit now let alone on top of a great season and World Cup. They’ll need to come with much more than that.

barca spin saying they can only afford £90m as they had to give messi a bump but are also supposed to be targeting six new players.

i think we are fine for now and they will need to spend more then on dembele in the summer.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2017, 10:55:26 am »
Think we'll keep hold next month but I'm pretty much resigned to the idea they'll sell in the summer. He's playing the best football of his career after saying he wanted to leave in the summer, and as great as he's been to watch, I'm just glad he's not entered a sulk and downed tools.

Hope if/when they sell, it's not with any silly fucking add ons, straight transfer fee of 150 million please, although I suspect if they do sell it'll be around 120.

Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2017, 11:04:51 am »
We won't sell him in January.

Online thisyearisouryear

• Need a dose of Hopium
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2017, 11:20:21 am »
Ugh!
Paulinho: "I advise you [Coutinho] to be calm, to leave anxiety aside. I also went through that moment when I was in China. Keep calm and get it right. You have to think about the decision you are going to make."
Paulinho: "What I think is that if you have the opportunity to come here, you won't regret it."
Paulinho: "He has a way of playing that everyone observes, both in Liverpool and Brazil. He is a very fast player, very agile, with a unique technique, which gives many options for those who play in the center of the field."
Paulinho: "He provides many pass options and also looks for free spaces to place the ball and go to goal. His high quality and technique are the factors that makes the difference."
Paulinho: "With the national team, he can play in two or three positions and I think that will also help the coach and players. Now, I just have to encourage it so the transfer can happen."
Paulinho: "He knows a lot about the city since he played for Espanyol. I've talked about the facilities, the training, and the group with him. I also mentioned the way the group first met me which was spectacular."
Paulinho: "I make jokes about how people are already looking for a house for him to live in. I've been giving him the basic information and the most important information for him and his family, because maybe the time he lived here, he didn't know the city well."
Paulinho: "Coutinho knows that Barcelona is a very good city that offers everything for him and his family."
Paulinho: "Coutinho knows that there are great players, like Suárez, whom he met at Liverpool, waiting for him; he gets along very well with him. He's a person who always tries to help."
Paulinho: "Now we have to wait until the transfer can be made in January for him to come here."

Offline Zlen

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2017, 11:22:02 am »
Sweet fucking Jesus!
Fuck that cuntish club and never do business with them again.

Online thisyearisouryear

• Need a dose of Hopium
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2017, 11:22:46 am »
These comments just piss me off so much. I hope, although won't happen realistically, that we put our foot down just to piss off these entitled disrespectful c*nts!

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2017, 11:22:48 am »
Where are those quotes from?
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Online thisyearisouryear

• Need a dose of Hopium
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: December 27, 2017, 11:23:38 am »
Sweet fucking Jesus!
Fuck that cuntish club and never do business with them again.
I know man! He is not even being subtle. Fuck Barca!!

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2017, 11:24:51 am »
Should have kept the Dembele money for Coutinho and just made do with a Draxler type in the interim.Dembele will never prove to be worth that money

Online thisyearisouryear

• Need a dose of Hopium
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline AndreTheMidget

• Kopite
« Reply #33 on: December 27, 2017, 11:30:39 am »
Paulinho today and in the last 9 days alone -

Iniesta - http://www.espn.co.uk/football/soccer-transfers/story/3319499/andres-iniesta-liverpools-philippe-coutinho-wont-take-my-barcelona-spot

Xavi - http://www.fcbarcelonanoticias.com/xavi-habla-sobre-neymar-se-posiciona-sobre-coutinho-207893-2017-12.php

Rakitic - http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11180882/barcelona-door-always-open-to-players-like-philippe-coutinho-says-ivan-rakitic

Suarez - http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/barcelona-suarez-hails-elite-griezmann-coutinho/x3pz5govhqac1fcf5axqggmyn

They are a disgrace, without doubt one of the most classless clubs that have ever existed. We should tell these to fuck off regardless of whatever money they offer (and they cant afford him anyway). Suarez can fuck right off as well, he doesn't shut up about him.

Offline Purple Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red, Green and White Army
« Reply #34 on: December 27, 2017, 11:31:35 am »
150M is the minimum he can go for in the current market surely. And Barça cannot afford that. Will be interesting to see what unfolds. A lot of it is down to the player himself.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #35 on: December 27, 2017, 11:31:48 am »
All the more reason not to rise to the games that Barca's media continue to play. Coutinho is our player he is playing wonderfully well, we have no reason to sell him in January.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Zlen

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: December 27, 2017, 11:43:58 am »
All the more reason not to rise to the games that Barca's media continue to play. Coutinho is our player he is playing wonderfully well, we have no reason to sell him in January.

Yes.
All we need to do is keep our nerve.
They’ll do everything they can apart from showing they really value him and putting money on the table. They’ll talk about tradition yet disrespect five times European Champions, they’ll talk about style yet it is us who gave him platform to show his best. Disgusting little club. I pray and hope we get these c*nts in the Champions League.

Offline hassinator

• RAWK Funk Soul Brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oot and proud
    • good egg hq
« Reply #37 on: December 27, 2017, 11:44:06 am »

exactly. fuck those catalan rats #VIVAESPANA

Offline JoeCole

• Spoiler!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: December 27, 2017, 11:46:55 am »
I think he has improved massively this season. He's worth a lot more now than he was 4 months ago. £150m if they want him now, £200m+ after he plays a big part in Brazil winning the World Cup.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: December 27, 2017, 11:52:09 am »
We won't sell him in January.

Exactly. He's an important part of the team that is still challenging for the CL and Top 4, no way is he going anywhere in Jan and if the club stick to their guns, he's going nowhere in summer either.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA