Author Topic: Iago Aspas  (Read 95741 times)

Offline Xxavi

• Qatari Minister Of Information
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Iago Aspas
« Reply #200 on: September 26, 2015, 12:11:19 am »
Two separate aspects of Aspas issue. First is that he is/was not good enough to play for a team aspiring to be in top 4 either in Spain or England. Second, he looked worse than he is, which is exactly what is happening to a bunch of other, much more expensive players at Liverpool, too.

Celta are a great TEAM right now. If they were in Europa league, I'd bet they would go really far there, for example. That is the best Aspas can do.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #201 on: September 26, 2015, 12:39:10 am »
Two separate aspects of Aspas issue. First is that he is/was not good enough to play for a team aspiring to be in top 4 either in Spain or England. Second, he looked worse than he is, which is exactly what is happening to a bunch of other, much more expensive players at Liverpool, too.

Celta are a great TEAM right now. If they were in Europa league, I'd bet they would go really far there, for example. That is the best Aspas can do.
Totally agree.

Online carling

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #202 on: October 18, 2015, 12:20:36 pm »
Is anyone else watching Celta Vigo?  Aspas jesus wept  :butt :butt

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #203 on: October 18, 2015, 12:24:03 pm »
Having a shocker? ;D ;D

Online carling

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #204 on: October 18, 2015, 10:52:07 pm »
Having a shocker? ;D ;D

Urgh yeah. Inexplicably missed a sitter from 4 yards. Then was put clear through on goal and exhibited the kind of touch I'm capable of playing Sunday league after a skinful the night before.

Offline 10 years on

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #205 on: October 31, 2015, 10:18:05 pm »
Another 2 from him tonight.

Offline muyuu

• Google Groomer. reddit remain campaigner.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love Rafa - fact
« Reply #206 on: October 31, 2015, 10:21:56 pm »
yeah Aspas with the brace making it 2-2 against Moyesieh's men.
"Chelsea have confirmed that their interim fans will leave the club when Roman Abramovich does"
-sinnermichael

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=303961.msg11432382#msg11432382

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: November 1, 2015, 11:56:33 am »
6 goals in La Liga in 10 games  :-X

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #208 on: November 1, 2015, 01:20:56 pm »
6 goals in La Liga in 10 games  :-X

thought he wasn't give a fair whip. Good player in there somewhere though a bit lightweight.

Offline muyuu

• Google Groomer. reddit remain campaigner.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love Rafa - fact
« Reply #209 on: November 1, 2015, 01:54:30 pm »
thought he wasn't give a fair whip. Good player in there somewhere though a bit lightweight.

Light players also have their place, but I don't think he was the right man for us. At least not at the time. There's an outside chance that he becomes a CL level player over time, he is not one now or when he was with us.
"Chelsea have confirmed that their interim fans will leave the club when Roman Abramovich does"
-sinnermichael

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=303961.msg11432382#msg11432382

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #210 on: November 1, 2015, 01:56:43 pm »
Light players also have their place, but I don't think he was the right man for us. At least not at the time. There's an outside chance that he becomes a CL level player over time, he is not one now or when he was with us.

Well he's 28 already so that time will have to come pretty quickly.

Had nowhere near the strength or desire at Liverpool, ball just bounced off him. Read that he didn't bother to learn even basic English phrases when he came, was never going to make it
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline Cattive Maniere

• Legacy Fan
  • Mentalita Ultras
    • bettingtips365
« Reply #212 on: December 13, 2015, 12:45:32 pm »

Offline Redinho

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #213 on: December 13, 2015, 02:12:49 pm »
Woulda been a decent player to break down all these shit teams that park the bus at anfield.  Glad he is playing well back at Celta.

Offline G1 Jockey 4(betfair)

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #214 on: December 15, 2015, 05:19:40 pm »
doing ok at celta but they have a top top manager and some superb attacking players.

nolito has consistently been one of la ligas best in the last 3 years.
Freedom of Speech unless you get shouted down and abused by the in-crowd.

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: January 10, 2016, 07:59:23 pm »
Out of curiosity I checked on our old friend Iago. He's got 10 goals in 20 appearances in all competitions. Happy for him, starts most games, found a good spot. :)
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #216 on: January 16, 2016, 08:01:13 pm »
Would've been a useful sub almost any season except the one he was here. Lightweight but mobile, clever. Lousy career timing.

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: February 28, 2016, 08:25:29 am »
Iago's up to 13 goals and 4 assists in 31 appearances for Celta Vigo, who are in 5th place in La Liga. He's tied for their team lead in  league goals with 9.
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #218 on: March 4, 2016, 04:58:55 am »

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #219 on: March 5, 2016, 07:36:18 pm »
Very nice goal today.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: March 5, 2016, 07:37:18 pm »
Very nice goal today.

Shame they conceded 7 though eh?  ;D

Offline b_joseph

• b_jesus, b_mary, b_joseph and the wee b_donkey. Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: March 5, 2016, 07:39:53 pm »
Iago's up to 13 goals and 4 assists in 31 appearances for Celta Vigo, who are in 5th place in La Liga. He's tied for their team lead in  league goals with 9.
Bit like Forlan..clearly a good player but just didnt fit with the team he joined in England.

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #222 on: March 5, 2016, 07:48:19 pm »
Very nice goal today.

He loves a dink.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: March 5, 2016, 07:57:11 pm »
Bit like Forlan..clearly a good player but just didnt fit with the team he joined in England.

Well forlan still amassed 63 appearances. Aspas 13. Actually funny how Aspas who ran and pressed got binned off for Balotelli and Lambert  ;D

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #224 on: March 5, 2016, 11:54:43 pm »
Aspas just didn't have the physicality for this league, got pushed off the ball and bullied too easy. Didn't even bother to try learn basic English in his entire stay here. Actively told Moreno not to come here.

Wasn't good enough, didn't have the desire
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline OLDIE

• WORLDIE
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: March 6, 2016, 12:58:14 am »
Aspas just didn't have the physicality for this league, got pushed off the ball and bullied too easy. Didn't even bother to try learn basic English in his entire stay here. Actively told Moreno not to come here.

Really ? or is this just rumour ?

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #226 on: March 6, 2016, 01:42:20 am »
Iago always seemed to be front and centre in team photos in 13/14; seemed to be having a great time and popular with team-mates. I find it hard to credit the notion that he was secretly undermining the club like that. Or maybe he knew Flanno was better and was trying to save the club money. :)

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: March 6, 2016, 02:52:56 am »
Really ? or is this just rumour ?

Don't join Liverpool, Aspas warns Moreno

"Yes, it is true that his teammates have had some banter with him on the topic.

"But if it's a question about quality of life, I would say that Sevilla is better than being there, that's for sure.

http://en.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/328601.html

Sod him, cheeky bastard

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #228 on: March 6, 2016, 03:38:36 am »
Playing devil's advocate somewhat, but he doesn't actually say "don't join Liverpool", he says that Seville is a better place to live than Liverpool (which it is, if you're used to a warmer climate) and that he hopes Moreno will stay because he was one of Seville's most important players at the time. At no stage does he slag off LFC.

Offline Upinsmoke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #229 on: March 6, 2016, 08:44:30 am »
Playing devil's advocate somewhat, but he doesn't actually say "don't join Liverpool", he says that Seville is a better place to live than Liverpool (which it is, if you're used to a warmer climate) and that he hopes Moreno will stay because he was one of Seville's most important players at the time. At no stage does he slag off LFC.
Yeah well people will turn anything on its head to portray someone negatively because he took a corner which cost us the league.

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #230 on: March 6, 2016, 12:51:36 pm »
Yeah well people will turn anything on its head to portray someone negatively because he took a corner which cost us the league.

His corner didn't cost us the league

Offline Upinsmoke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #231 on: March 6, 2016, 10:49:12 pm »
His corner didn't cost us the league

Oh I know I was being flippant. The way someone people carry on about that corner though you'd think it did.

Offline _00_deathscar

• Has a quite operational deflecsor shield.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
    • The Suite Life by Chinmoy Lad
« Reply #232 on: March 13, 2016, 04:05:49 am »
Peach of a goal last night if anyone caught it - Bergkamp at his best.

Scored a good one vs Madrid though - but he had about 2-3 gilt edged chances he missed early on vs Madrid, which if he had scored, would have made for a very different tie.
All things luxury travel. Be inspired for your next trip: https://www.thesuitelife.com.hk

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #233 on: April 21, 2016, 12:09:12 am »
I saw the man score a goal last night against Espanyol.  I can knock that off my bucket list. 

Offline Redwhiteandnotblue

• God's spin doctor.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: October 2, 2016, 08:31:11 pm »
Aspas has made two and scored one in the first half against Barca. Celta Vigo lead 3-0.

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #235 on: October 2, 2016, 09:25:25 pm »
Wow- it ended Celta 4 Barcelona 2.
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline jepovic

• Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #236 on: October 27, 2016, 04:35:03 pm »
4 goals in 8 games in the league so far. Not bad.

Offline Binomial

• Anny Roader
  • Live Breath and Sleep LFC
« Reply #237 on: October 27, 2016, 08:59:30 pm »
4 goals in 8 games in the league so far. Not bad.

Just shows how different the EPL is from La Liga.
"He's leaving because he's Guardiola's favourite. If it's anyone's fault, it's mine. I can't make myself shorter and learn Spanish." - Klopp on Gotze to Bayern

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #238 on: October 30, 2016, 04:13:40 am »
Don't join Liverpool, Aspas warns Moreno

"Yes, it is true that his teammates have had some banter with him on the topic.

"But if it's a question about quality of life, I would say that Sevilla is better than being there, that's for sure.

http://en.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/328601.html

Sod him, cheeky bastard

most here would love him for that surely after seeing how moreno is performing with us. ;D

I still have a soft spot for him but he surely would fit in Klopp system if he stayed. Hardworking, decent goalscorer and pretty fucking passionate too. Just came to us at the wrong time when there were Sturridge, Suarez and Sterling in front of him.  Maybe he could have gotten used to the physicality of the EPL if he stayed.

If we bombed out players after a single poor season, Firmino would have been nowhere near the first team.

Online rowan_d

• boat. Seņor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #239 on: October 30, 2016, 08:54:09 am »
Firmino had an underwhelming first 3 months, as opposed to a poor season tbf

Wouldn't be surprised if Aspas wanted to leave, he was barely playing and we had no intention of moving him further up the pecking order when Suarez left