Author Topic: Iago Aspas  (Read 95750 times)

Offline AK47

• Needs to get a manly man's room. Grrrr.
  • Kopite
  • So it's on and on and on, it's Heaven and Hell
Re: Aspas to Sevilla - done
« Reply #120 on: July 30, 2014, 07:13:29 am »
Needs to keep his fucking mouth shut and realise that he's gone to a smaller club in a worse league because he simply wasn't good enough for us, the pitiful, pencil-necked geek.

Pissed me off, that has. Be a professional. We still own him, he may still have to come back even if it's just for pre-season next year. We should be trying to fine him or discipline him in some way because that's not on. I'll take the piss out of him all I want because he was shite and never once showed the bite that was supposed to be in his game from his time at Celta.
Agree, I hope we slap a big fine on his slimy ass for these comments, get back some of the money we wasted on his 'services'.
The closer you get to the meaning
The sooner you'll know that you're dreaming

Offline Bunter

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #121 on: July 30, 2014, 08:12:41 am »
Baffled by what we ever saw in him as he's pathetically weak, slow and useless on the ball. These comments are just the icing on the cake of a horrendous transfer decision.

Showed absolutely nothing for us. I'm still laughing about how he was viewed as a battler and hardman back in Spain ffs! :lmao

Now he's just made himself look like an ungrateful prick.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 08:17:00 am by Bunter »

Offline Caligula_10

• Anny Roader
  • Support safe standing
« Reply #122 on: July 30, 2014, 08:26:28 am »
Did he actually say that though? I can't read Spanish and the trusty Google translate doesn't make him sound quite so bad. Can a Spanish speaker give us an accurate translation?  ???

In the locker room is a Sevilla player that theoretically would have much to talk about. This is, of course, Alberto Moreno, whose future at Liverpool ends not being ruled out. Blades not too encouraged to leave even though he is a player on loan from Liverpool itself. "I have not yet spoken with Alberto Liverpool. Yes it is true that peers make him some banter with the topic. But if it's for life, I would say that as Sevilla will not be there, that's for sure. And look at Sevilla have only been three or four days. Now I belong to Sevilla, I prefer you to stay here. "

http://sevilla.abc.es/deportes/orgullodenervion/noticias/sevilla-fc/iago-aspas-mi-posicion-favorita-es-la-de-delantero-68960-1406592649.html
Doesn't sound that bad at all.

Online RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: July 30, 2014, 10:02:49 am »
Did he actually say that though? I can't read Spanish and the trusty Google translate doesn't make him sound quite so bad. Can a Spanish speaker give us an accurate translation?  ???

In the locker room is a Sevilla player that theoretically would have much to talk about. This is, of course, Alberto Moreno, whose future at Liverpool ends not being ruled out. Blades not too encouraged to leave even though he is a player on loan from Liverpool itself. "I have not yet spoken with Alberto Liverpool. Yes it is true that peers make him some banter with the topic. But if it's for life, I would say that as Sevilla will not be there, that's for sure. And look at Sevilla have only been three or four days. Now I belong to Sevilla, I prefer you to stay here. "

http://sevilla.abc.es/deportes/orgullodenervion/noticias/sevilla-fc/iago-aspas-mi-posicion-favorita-es-la-de-delantero-68960-1406592649.html

Doesn't sound bad in any way shape or form

Offline Ipcress

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #124 on: July 30, 2014, 10:21:39 am »
So he says that the lifestyle in Seville is different to that in Liverpool.

Shock! Horror!

What next? Spain is closer to the Mediterranean? What a bastard!
The sort of people that seek power, are exactly the sort that should be kept away from it.

Offline Ultimate Bromance

• The Crab
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: July 30, 2014, 10:35:57 am »
Aye, those comments look well worth the vitriol of the previous couple of pages ::)
Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose.

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: July 30, 2014, 10:41:31 am »
That's just using google translate though..

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #127 on: July 30, 2014, 10:43:06 am »
I stand by my over reaction. He was shite for us and always seemed bemused as to why he didn't start. It could have something to do with having the upper body strength of a child in an iron lung.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #128 on: July 31, 2014, 07:29:23 pm »
Wasn't good enough to play for us from the minute we signed him, and deep down most of us realized it after watching him very early on.

Goodbye and good riddance.

Offline Reds Flag

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: July 31, 2014, 07:41:26 pm »
What's all this vitriol? Did his best for us when he came on, didn't have much of a chance and obviously wasn't quite the right fit, though to be fair no-one's going to look great as a merely decent striker behind Sturridge and Suarez. Clearly passionate about the game and was always going to find it hard not getting much game time. Will remember him fondly for a long while for the passion with which he celebrated our goals and seemed so into our games from the bench. If only all players looked like they cared so much how their team does!

Offline Po The Panda

• Keyboard Narcoleptic. Has Christiano Ronaldo as his profile picture. Stuck with this name. You could call it his legacy.....wants to pop a caps lock in yo ass.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Real Username: LEGACY
« Reply #130 on: July 31, 2014, 07:42:29 pm »
Mediocre player hopefully get a good fee in the end, Liverpool of 2014 don't need players like Aspas.

Offline Euskadi

• Legacy Fan
  • Main Stander
« Reply #131 on: August 1, 2014, 10:44:38 am »
Absolutely nothing wrong with what he said in Spanish. Nothing to see here.
;D  Mate of mine and me are the same, everyone swears we are brothers when we're out. He calls me slaphead, I call him slaphead, so when I see him I go "slap" and he replies "slap. People be looking and thinking what the f**k are these 2 on  ;D
but he's a blue nose, so he's a c*nt

as per "Slaphead" on the 10th May 2018

Offline brownbear11

• Kopite
  • aht and aboot, ¡dale!
« Reply #132 on: August 2, 2014, 09:01:30 pm »
Scored today in a friendly vs. Fenerbahce.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #133 on: August 2, 2014, 09:07:52 pm »
Liverpool lost some sharpness with Blades going out on loan...
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Common beermat and towel thief.
« Reply #134 on: August 2, 2014, 10:29:58 pm »
He should just be thankful Sean Dundee played for us a few times. I do like him in The Big Bang Theory though.

Offline DyingAtheist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: August 3, 2014, 12:22:34 am »
His comments were basically him saying he likes it in Sevilla and that he hopes Moreno stays. Wind your necks in.

Offline Oside Red

• Anny Roader
« Reply #136 on: August 3, 2014, 04:20:19 am »

Offline Niru Red4ever

• Spoiler spoiler
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: August 3, 2014, 10:06:58 pm »
This article on Moreno's transfer mentions the compulsory purchase price to be €6m.
http://www.estadiodeportivo.com/sevilla/2014/08/03/suma-final-dependera-gran-medida-alberto-moreno/27750.html

So unless we received over €2m as loan fee, we are taking a hit on this one. Going to be Brendan's only signing till date which has 'failed'. All others are either at the club and probably with bigger value, or are going/gone for profit.
Would love the 19th more and more trophies; but would love even more to see a fan owned LFC.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: August 3, 2014, 10:15:29 pm »
I stand by my over reaction. He was shite for us and always seemed bemused as to why he didn't start. It could have something to do with having the upper body strength of a child in an iron lung.

Always seemed like a great lad watching his reactions on the bench. Always behind the team despite barely playing since his arrival.

Offline Xanderzone

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: August 4, 2014, 01:57:05 pm »
Aspas having a pop at us?

Jog on mate. You might not have fond memories of us but the only thing you'll be remembered for by Liverpool fans is that corner in the match that cost us the title.

Offline AB LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: August 4, 2014, 01:59:04 pm »
Aspas having a pop at us?

Jog on mate. You might not have fond memories of us but the only thing you'll be remembered for by Liverpool fans is that corner in the match that cost us the title.
Yes, it was definitely the corner that cost us the title and not Gerrard's slip.

Offline Reds Flag

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: August 12, 2014, 09:12:40 pm »
Itv commentator on the Super Cup just said Aspas grew up a Liverpool supporter, with posters of Barnes and Collymore on his wall, which I hadn't heard before. Helps explain his fantastic celebrations when we scored, though! Terrible shame he couldn't make it here.

Offline OLDIE

• WORLDIE
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: August 12, 2014, 09:24:18 pm »
Not the greatest player ever to wear the Liverbird on his chest

He ALWAYS gave 100% and NEVER complained publically about his inability to break into the side.

He always celebrated when we scored and supported the team from the bench or wherever he sat.

Compare that attitude to the one shown by a so called better player - a player who never gave a shit
when he scored for Liverpool, smiled when he missed sitters and never gave 100%

I would take a player with Aspas's desire for the team over the prima donna attitude of Victor Moses

Offline Reds Flag

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: August 12, 2014, 09:26:28 pm »
Not the greatest player ever to wear the Liverbird on his chest

He ALWAYS gave 100% and NEVER complained publically about his inability to break into the side.

He always celebrated when we scored and supported the team from the bench or wherever he sat.

Compare that attitude to the one shown by a so called better player - a player who never gave a shit
when he scored for Liverpool, smiled when he missed sitters and never gave 100%

I would take a player with Aspas's desire for the team over the prima donna attitude of Victor Moses

Hear hear!

Offline Andy

• short fingered vulgarian
  • Legacy Fan
  • Form is temporary, class is permanent.
« Reply #144 on: August 12, 2014, 09:33:22 pm »
He's not taking corners for Sevilla... ;)

Hope it works out for him - never really settled with us.

Offline Canada Loves Anfield

• Everything you do is a balloon
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Under a Liverbird
« Reply #145 on: August 12, 2014, 09:35:17 pm »
If it acts like a cock and a banner appears on the kop with its name written down the shaft of a cock, it probably is...

Liverpool FC - Toronto Supporters Club: http://lfctoronto.com/

Offline GrkStav

• Has a statuette of Lucas on the bonnet of his car which he polishes lovingly with Lucas Brasso. Glen Johnson's biggest fan. Doesn't have a "fucken clue" where L4 is
  • Legacy Fan
  • Not very good at 'banter'.
« Reply #146 on: August 12, 2014, 09:52:46 pm »

Basically he said that he hadn't spoken to Moreno about or with regard to Liverpool (FC). Some of his teammates have been bantering with him about it, for sure. On the other hand, if it's a question of 'life' (meaning, social life, living conditions, weather, night-life, food, etc), then Seville is better than Liverpool, even though he's only been there three or four days.

#Shocker

I think most born-and-bred Liverpudlians would agree that the quality of life overall is better in Seville than in Liverpool, even though they wouldn't trade one for the other for other reasons.
Ludi Circenses!

Offline Latenight Surfer

• Legacy Fan
  • Giggity
« Reply #147 on: August 12, 2014, 10:00:12 pm »
"Genuine Struggle Leads To Genuine Success" - Yevado Annadle

Offline suede lady

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: August 12, 2014, 10:02:56 pm »
Love it. People go over the top about something Aspas supposedly said. Start with checking the facts for a difference

Offline myliverbird

• Legacy Fan
  • Claiming the Liverbird since 1986
« Reply #149 on: August 17, 2014, 07:24:39 pm »
Must be butt week in Europe

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/v4mx_FFHsMI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/v4mx_FFHsMI</a>
"Im leaning. This is where I lean"

Offline Durlmints

• Kicks Ass. Categorically denies being the now infamous antihero 'Chris from Wavertree'. Maybe he is. Maybe he isn't. Who knows? Henry the Mild Mannered Janitor? COULD BEEEE!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mané & Salah, your defence is terrified!
« Reply #150 on: August 17, 2014, 07:26:20 pm »
I love the fact he goes to grab the other guy's ears as he's going down!
Crows attacked a pensioner in Hamburg after she mimicked a crow's call.
You claim a Wagon Wheel is a biscuit and you have the audacity to stick a Kit Kat in goal? You sir are a du

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: August 17, 2014, 07:30:24 pm »
What is wrong with people? It was a bad foul to begin with but to then headbutt him too and in a friendly :wanker
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline Shady Craig

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: August 17, 2014, 07:46:59 pm »
Looked a bit pissed off that player wouldn't you say.

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #153 on: August 17, 2014, 09:09:58 pm »
https://vine.co/v/M3n75hHmxYb

Honda trying to contest Aspas's corner
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline El Ninos Black Eye

• Legacy Fan
  • What we do in life, echoes in eternity!
« Reply #154 on: August 17, 2014, 09:11:26 pm »
Missed his corners today
"I'm being watched by the Secret Police and wondering when they’re going to come and take me away"

Offline Rojo O Muerto

• Legacy Fan
  • LGTBQIA2S+
« Reply #155 on: August 17, 2014, 09:12:14 pm »
More of a Rooney special.
If you can't support us when we're shartin', don't support us when we're fartin'

Offline McMahon

• mrrrnnggghh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: August 17, 2014, 09:27:50 pm »
Will Aspas find himself in a similar position Pepe faced come the end of the season ?

Offline riismeister

• Legacy Fan
  • Onwards and upwards
« Reply #157 on: August 18, 2014, 02:19:14 pm »
Will Aspas find himself in a similar position Pepe faced come the end of the season ?
He's a bit short for a goalie isn't he?

Offline dast18

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: August 18, 2014, 05:30:14 pm »
If he was Dudek would've saved it...and there would be no film.

Offline robgomm

• He just can't get enough of Luis Suarez.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: August 18, 2014, 05:41:01 pm »

On loan to Bayern Munich? :O