Author Topic: Michael Owen  (Read 349193 times)

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Michael Owen
« Reply #2880 on: January 9, 2022, 07:32:08 pm »
I've seen on social media alot last night that he's a doughnut.,.......... In the masked singer?

Offline RedKenWah

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2881 on: January 29, 2022, 08:04:04 pm »
I've seen on social media alot last night that he's a doughnut.,.......... In the masked singer?

Yeah he definitely is. What’s surprising is he made it this far without being revealed  :lmao :lmao

Offline Jack_Bauer

• Kopite
« Reply #2882 on: January 30, 2022, 08:45:46 am »
Do you reckon he's ever eaten a doughnut? I feel its one of those blart things he'd come out with on Twitter

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2883 on: February 24, 2022, 11:10:31 am »
Found a way to embarrass himself further.

Sutton talking about a player who went down with a head injury in the Ajax game trying to wave away physios and continue playing, Sutton stating football needs to take concussion more seriously and one solution would be said player going into the changing room to be assessed by an independent doctor while a temporary sub comes on so the team isn't at a numerical advantage, if the injured player is cleared to play he can come back on. Owen wades in and suggests head injuries aren't that serious and somehow finds a way to suggest it's the same as assuming and player who goes down injured has broken their leg... even goes as far as to say 'how many times were you concussed'... that's the fucking point Michael :lmao you cant know because the necessary checks are not being made!

Sutton calls him a caveman to his comments on it and to be honest I think that was a lot kinder than what could have been said.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2884 on: February 24, 2022, 06:46:07 pm »
Found a way to embarrass himself further.

Sutton talking about a player who went down with a head injury in the Ajax game trying to wave away physios and continue playing, Sutton stating football needs to take concussion more seriously and one solution would be said player going into the changing room to be assessed by an independent doctor while a temporary sub comes on so the team isn't at a numerical advantage, if the injured player is cleared to play he can come back on. Owen wades in and suggests head injuries aren't that serious and somehow finds a way to suggest it's the same as assuming and player who goes down injured has broken their leg... even goes as far as to say 'how many times were you concussed'... that's the fucking point Michael :lmao you cant know because the necessary checks are not being made!

Sutton calls him a caveman to his comments on it and to be honest I think that was a lot kinder than what could have been said.

Sutton's dad seriously suffered from dementia which Sutton believes was because of heading the ball when he was playing so he's really passionate about concussion issues in football. I haven't seen it but can image Sutton raging at Owen's comments.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Legoland

• Plazzie Brick Lid :)
  • Kopite
« Reply #2885 on: April 24, 2022, 06:26:56 pm »
Cannot fucking stand him. Worst pundit on TV. Hope he gets fired.

Leon Osman representing Everton, Owen representing us on the tele. fucking hell. Both of them yapping about how Everton played well in the first half.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2886 on: April 24, 2022, 07:50:26 pm »
Think he's done ok on occasions I've seen him on Champions League as a pundit.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #2887 on: April 24, 2022, 08:20:46 pm »
Worst pundit on TV.

nonsense....not even close to it
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2888 on: April 24, 2022, 09:10:00 pm »

nonsense....not even close to it

Yeah, there are plenty of other contenders for that spot, although Owen is pretty boring af
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2889 on: May 11, 2022, 08:47:31 pm »
He's releasing his own NFT range, he's been getting rinsed on Twitter over it, can't wait for this NFT fad to fuck off.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2890 on: May 30, 2022, 05:21:16 pm »
His daughter's going on Love Island, which makes me feel really fucking old.

Just hope she's got more riveting conversation than him for her own sake.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #2891 on: May 30, 2022, 07:09:33 pm »

Oh, poor Michael. :)

Can you imagine the replies to every tweet he makes from now until the end of time?!

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2892 on: June 10, 2022, 01:36:18 pm »

Well done. She's 13.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2893 on: July 25, 2022, 12:23:22 am »
Michael Owen in my local yesterday, but it’s also Rushy’s local, which makes it quite funny that he’s not even the best lfc striker to drink in there.

Someone decided to say “alright, Mike” but Owen turned to his wife and said something along the lines of “why’s he say that, like he knows me?”.  I thought that was quite funny ;D

It must be really fucking annoying having strangers speak to you as if they know you... leave them alone to enjoy their drinks. I’ve never approached Rushy even though I see him in the pub regularly (and he’s a legend). It’s cringey when someone does though and you can see his, and his partner’s, peace disturbed.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Online jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #2894 on: July 3, 2023, 08:56:57 pm »
Have to say, Stevie and Robbie selling out to murderers does make Owen look slightly less c-ty in comparison
Standards are dropping at light speed atm

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2895 on: July 3, 2023, 09:35:26 pm »
Have to say, Stevie and Robbie selling out to murderers does make Owen look slightly less c-ty in comparison

Your anger, it blinds you, young padawan. Enter into rebound hero worship, you do not.

Though it does feel like a bonfire of happy teenage memories at the moment.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #2896 on: July 3, 2023, 11:51:18 pm »
Michael Owen in my local yesterday, but it’s also Rushy’s local, which makes it quite funny that he’s not even the best lfc striker to drink in there.

Someone decided to say “alright, Mike” but Owen turned to his wife and said something along the lines of “why’s he say that, like he knows me?”.  I thought that was quite funny ;D

It must be really fucking annoying having strangers speak to you as if they know you... leave them alone to enjoy their drinks. I’ve never approached Rushy even though I see him in the pub regularly (and he’s a legend). It’s cringey when someone does though and you can see his, and his partner’s, peace disturbed.
Don't think I'd let on to him even if I knew him
and,
my god
I bet he's a boring conversationalist in the pub as well
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Online kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2897 on: July 14, 2023, 09:04:28 am »
Michael Owen in my local yesterday, but it’s also Rushy’s local, which makes it quite funny that he’s not even the best lfc striker to drink in there. ...

Ha ha - love it  ;D

Offline kloppismydad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2898 on: July 14, 2023, 09:13:53 am »

I'm pretty sure if Saudi and other sportswashers were around during his time, Michael Owen would have joined them if given the opportunity. He's a self-serving twat.
Mark my words. Top 8 will be a massive struggle.
We won't make any big signings this season and we will go back to being a top4 club.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2899 on: July 14, 2023, 10:44:39 am »
Michael Owen would bore the socks off James Milner.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #2900 on: August 28, 2023, 12:07:22 pm »
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2901 on: August 28, 2023, 06:05:02 pm »
Gerrin Michael  8) ;D

https://www.premierleague.com/video/single/3656221?FOOTBALL_CLUBS=10
Still managed to make it about him though, probably reacted the same way when Fernandes scored
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline markmywords

• Was 2/10. Now 0.5/10. Must try much harder not to make people a little sick in their mouth.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2903 on: August 29, 2023, 03:58:38 pm »
I'm pretty sure if Saudi and other sportswashers were around during his time, Michael Owen would have joined them if given the opportunity. He's a self-serving twat.

Michael may have, but that cuts both ways, many of the LFC legends you might idolize may have left us for real madrid and gone to united at the back end of their career, when options were limited also, but they didn't get the opportunity, because they weren't as good as Owen

Online Speedy Molby

• Not as fat as his name suggests but is still a bad formby wool :)
  • Campaigns
  • Kopite
  • Satire? In Wigan?
« Reply #2904 on: August 29, 2023, 09:10:37 pm »
I think it gets overlooked that Owen was desperate to come back, but Benitez didn’t want him.
I am alone now. I am beyond recrimination. The curtains have shut, the furniture has gone. I am transforming. I am vibrating. I am glowing. I am flying. Look at me now.

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #2905 on: August 29, 2023, 10:42:30 pm »
I think it gets overlooked that Owen was desperate to come back, but Benitez didn’t want him.

It might get overlooked, because it's not what happened...

He told FourFourTwo's Chris Flanagan why it wasn't Merseyside he returned to:

“When I was leaving Real Madrid, I met Rafa in Liverpool in one of the player's houses to keep it all under wraps. We had a great meeting, we sorted everything out from my point of view, then my agent sorted everything out with Rick Parry in the room next door.

“Everything was sorted for me to go back there, but unfortunately the clubs couldn’t agree a fee. Newcastle then put in a bid which far outweighed Liverpool’s and basically Real Madrid made an ultimatum saying unless Liverpool matched Newcastle’s bid, you’re not going there. So I had no option really in the end, and I couldn’t join Rafa.”

And after that we always had better strikers than him, as he was basically a shadow of the player he once was.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2023, 10:47:14 pm by stoa »

Offline markmywords

• Was 2/10. Now 0.5/10. Must try much harder not to make people a little sick in their mouth.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2906 on: August 30, 2023, 05:18:24 pm »

And after that we always had better strikers than him, as he was basically a shadow of the player he once was.

Owen went public at the time saying LFC was his first choice option to come back to England for

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2907 on: August 30, 2023, 05:22:05 pm »

That's what I was told at the time (I've posted it at some point since on here), except the bit he left out where Parry said to him "tell Madrid to get to fuck, tell them it's us or you'll sit on the bench and just draw a wage", but Owen put his England career first
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online stoa

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2908 on: August 30, 2023, 05:33:35 pm »
Owen went public at the time saying LFC was his first choice option to come back to England for

It might well have been, but that wasn't the point. The point, that was made, was that Owen wanted to come back to Liverpool, but didn't because Rafa didn't want him. Owen himself clearly disagrees with that view.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2909 on: August 30, 2023, 09:52:56 pm »
That's what I was told at the time (I've posted it at some point since on here), except the bit he left out where Parry said to him "tell Madrid to get to fuck, tell them it's us or you'll sit on the bench and just draw a wage", but Owen put his England career first
That's my recollection also mate, he should have flatly refused to sign for Newcastle, he should have held tight for our bid to be absolutely finalised.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2910 on: August 31, 2023, 12:09:54 am »
I doubt he would have been playing too much with Kewell, Garcia, Crouch, Morientes, Cisse in there. Robbie Fowler came back that season because he loved the club and was happy to sit on the bench. Owen still probably thought he was England's best forward and was thinking about the 2006 world cup. In the end he got there and was substituted early in his 3 games, last one because of an early injury.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2911 on: August 31, 2023, 12:21:23 am »

The one bit of sense Parry displayed. Owen was desperate to get back to the UK to start playing again, but he didn't care where. He could have stuck to his guns and forced a move to LFC, but he panicked. For all the good it did him in the end.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2912 on: August 31, 2023, 12:30:13 am »
That’s class. 😀

That was actually funny from him. Loved the Joker laugh. No doubt about his allegiance from that.

Also, he’s given my family free tickets for me, my bro, and nephews over the years. Not bragging cos I’ve never mentioned it before, but just to point out he can be sound.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2913 on: August 31, 2023, 09:30:20 am »
That's my recollection also mate, he should have flatly refused to sign for Newcastle, he should have held tight for our bid to be absolutely finalised.

I've been an ITK twice in my life, this one and when I knew Jurgen had the job 4 days before it was announced. A mate of mine got to know some fella in Istanbul in 05 and he used to get info from the club and shared it and he was telling us exactly what was going on with Owen.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2914 on: December 11, 2023, 02:28:15 pm »
https://twitter.com/ClassAOlly19/status/1733658534137516497?t=-epwV8TqWL9ShtYwV4iUtw&s=19

Some people jump out of planes. Some people climb the highest mountains, explore jungles or swim oceans.

Michael Owen throws an apple into a bin 6 feet away.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline mattD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2915 on: December 11, 2023, 02:37:31 pm »

I realise Rafa never had an out and out goalscorer until Torres arrived, but I’ve always wondered how he would have played Owen. And if, in his heart of hearts, he really wanted him back.

Owen would have offered the goal threat but nothing else, and I don’t know if that in itself would have been enough for Rafa’s tactics. The likes of Crouch and co coming have us players who were moving away from goal poaching to more hold up play. Can’t have seen Owen in that plan.

Offline Kalito

• Legacy Fan
  • ***JFT97***
« Reply #2916 on: December 11, 2023, 05:40:48 pm »
I realise Rafa never had an out and out goalscorer until Torres arrived, but I’ve always wondered how he would have played Owen. And if, in his heart of hearts, he really wanted him back.

Owen would have offered the goal threat but nothing else, and I don’t know if that in itself would have been enough for Rafa’s tactics. The likes of Crouch and co coming have us players who were moving away from goal poaching to more hold up play. Can’t have seen Owen in that plan.
Shame for Heskey that he got sold before Rafa came in. He'd have been a perfect player for him to manage and set the team around (getting the best out of Baros, Ciise, Kewell, Smicer, Garcia, Gerrard etc).
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Mr Bill Shankly

"be careful of media, they can make you hate the oppressed and love the oppressors." - Malcolm X

The notion that an Occupier is defending itself is as absurd as the notion that the rapist is defending itself from the victim.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2917 on: December 11, 2023, 07:05:46 pm »

As I said back in August

I've been an ITK twice in my life, this one and when I knew Jurgen had the job 4 days before it was announced. A mate of mine got to know some fella in Istanbul in 05 and he used to get info from the club and shared it and he was telling us exactly what was going on with Owen.

Online stoa

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2918 on: December 11, 2023, 08:25:35 pm »

I would imagine Rafa wasn't desperate to get him back (because he knew that Owen's first priority was Owen and not Liverpool or the team), but he would have taken him for the right (i.e. cheap price). Owen was a (world) class player back then and it's not like we had a team full of them or money to buy them. Kind of the same deal as with Cissé. It's not a player Rafa would have signed, but he clearly saw that he was a good player and he'd rather have a good player and try to make it work than not have a good player...

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2919 on: December 16, 2023, 09:11:33 am »
I would imagine Rafa wasn't desperate to get him back (because he knew that Owen's first priority was Owen and not Liverpool or the team), but he would have taken him for the right (i.e. cheap price). Owen was a (world) class player back then and it's not like we had a team full of them or money to buy them. Kind of the same deal as with Cissé. It's not a player Rafa would have signed, but he clearly saw that he was a good player and he'd rather have a good player and try to make it work than not have a good player...

Was Cissé a Rafa signing or a Houllier one? I'd always assumed Houllier signed him, which I thought was bizarre as Houllier was sacked at the end of the 03-04 season. Rafa had an uncanny ability back then to make do with what he had, but I always felt Cissé was not a player he would have bought if given the choice. Especially as he wasn't cheap.

Popcorn's Art