Author Topic: The Meh Scottish Football Thread  (Read 374123 times)

Offline dundeered

• Legacy Fan
  • DING DING ! All aboard the offended bus
Re: The Scottish Football Thread 2014/15
« Reply #80 on: August 7, 2014, 07:56:22 am »
:) :) , said by a fan of one of the cheeks , try looking outside the bubble of hatred , we have a decent game up here with plenty of fans that go to watch their own team and not care too much about the other team , oh aye and the twisted weegie biased media , death threats to chairman , the clean up after the visit of the hordes .And they are facts about the hospital and the domestic violence .
bitter nah just honest , was hoping it would change once rangers died but we have seen already they are back out with their flags and their political statements , and for celtic it's sad that they can't just go fill their stadium and enjoy the football , the day out .
We have sold out our allocation for the game away to the sheep which is always one I love ,roll on Sunday , pub at 8 home for tea time , looking forward to the day out with a bit of football in the middle .
« Last Edit: August 7, 2014, 07:58:26 am by dundeered »
JFT96

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #81 on: August 7, 2014, 08:07:34 am »
:) :) , said by a fan of one of the cheeks , try looking outside the bubble of hatred , we have a decent game up here with plenty of fans that go to watch their own team and not care too much about the other team , oh aye and the twisted weegie biased media , death threats to chairman , the clean up after the visit of the hordes .And they are facts about the hospital and the domestic violence .
bitter nah just honest , was hoping it would change once rangers died but we have seen already they are back out with their flags and their political statements , and for celtic it's sad that they can't just go fill their stadium and enjoy the football , the day out .
We have sold out our allocation for the game away to the sheep which is always one I love ,roll on Sunday , pub at 8 home for tea time , looking forward to the day out with a bit of football in the middle .

Just stoking some fires mate.  ;)

Honestly though, you guys who support the non old firm teams often go on about the hatred between Celtic & Rangers fans & how we are obsessed with each other, (which I agree with to a certain extent by the way).

Just have a read through this topic so far though...and you can see how hypocritical that seems.

Even when you guys (so not just you but others), do talk about your own teams, you still use throw away lines like 'so much for Armageddon' & can't help have sly digs at Rangers (or Celtic).

Your teams are doing reasonably well, you seem happy with how it's going, & with where Scottish Football is in general, so just enjoy it then.  :wave

« Last Edit: August 7, 2014, 08:09:47 am by ScottishGoon »

Offline dundeered

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: August 7, 2014, 08:22:45 am »
It's football mate , try being on the other side of all the shit us 'wee' clubs have had to put up with over the years , I didn't even mention some incredible refereeing I've seen against the Glasgow clubs , I'm glad their bubble has burst it's helped Scottish football massively as would if they left ,they have tried on numerous occasions to leave and no one wants them .
I'm liking where Scottish football is just now , young players coming through quicker and all looking technically well above the standards we used to produce , even when watching other teams that's one of the chats you hear ' the young boy for them looks good eh ' ,.Everyone seems to be getting behind the new youth policies and the national team will reap dividends very soon .
JFT96

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #83 on: August 7, 2014, 09:10:42 am »

Scottish Football needs to make a decision:

(A) Kick out the OF and let everyone support their local teams, probably at a level around the Norwegian or Danish leagues. Maybe.

Or

(B) Disband ALL the other teams, let the supporters of those clubs draw lots to see which OF team they get and let them play each other 36 times a year Hunger Games Style. A losing player is executed after every game.

Or

(C) We could just stay with the circus of the status quo: Glory hunters from the "provinces" going to Glasgow every week to dress their working class anger up in fake sectarianism only to realise that there is no glory. Or Old Firm. The wee teams scrabbling to stay alive, whilst the "big two" bankrupt themselves (financially) in an arms race that has no point. Wailing and Gnashing from a media that has no relevant stories anymore and no European jollies to be sent on.

Choose a big fucking telly or...
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline dundeered

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: August 7, 2014, 10:11:59 am »
Quite like the idea of B , could see sky paying big bucks for that allowing our hunger teams to buy better players , but only ones not good enough to get a game for hunger teams in the likes of Spain , France , Italy , England , Germany , Russia .
JFT96

Offline helen the llama

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: August 7, 2014, 01:32:55 pm »

Even when you guys (so not just you but others), do talk about your own teams, you still use throw away lines like 'so much for Armageddon' & can't help have sly digs at Rangers (or Celtic).

Considering that the Armegeddon was put out by the SFA/SPL and that 5 clubs were meant to have gone out of business in 2012/13. Can you blame us for commenting about it and making a joke of it. 
All the clubs that are meant to have gone out of business are still in business. Only Hearts and Dunfermline have been in Administration, and they both had historical debts (Hearts were in Financial Basketcase Territory) prior to 2012. 

Offline dundeered

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: August 7, 2014, 01:39:50 pm »
Considering that the Armegeddon was put out by the SFA/SPL and that 5 clubs were meant to have gone out of business in 2012/13. Can you blame us for commenting about it and making a joke of it. 
All the clubs that are meant to have gone out of business are still in business. Only Hearts and Dunfermline have been in Administration, and they both had historical debts (Hearts were in Financial Basketcase Territory) prior to 2012. 

Yip we were one of they clubs , we have invested in youth , had already refinanced the debt even before we sold 2 players and didn't have to sell , it was the amount and where they were going that allowed them to leave with best wishes on both sides .players come to our club knowing it's now a stepping stone and know we have a fantastic youth policy .
We are debt free now and managed to do it without admin .
Killie were another of the teams who again have sorted theirselves out .
Armageddon was penned by the weegie media machine to try and put us and Scottish football down as one of their beloved teams died ,so we can rightly stick two fingers up at the bastards .
JFT96

Offline ghirl67

• Legacy Fan
  • "Football without the fans is nothing" -Jock Stein
« Reply #87 on: August 7, 2014, 01:42:31 pm »
Glory hunter I am not. The running of my club concerns me.  That we are run to the best of ability, effectively and efficiently is a priority.  So, if I choose to not give them the money, it will be because I do not believe they are doing that.

Got my ST survey in the night before first leg and had a rant.  Wish I had waited.  Could have had a bigger rant.

Still pretty angry about the pathetic displays - mostly because they were predictable.  Relations between the Board and support have been tense for a while now, noticibly at the most recent AGM. I would say we understand the need for prudence but there needs to be a balance between boardroom and on the pitch. Right now that is not happening.

"I got a bit of a slagging for it! Do people not know I'm a Celtic fan?" Kieran Tierney on asking his parents for a Celtic top for his Christmas (2017)

Offline dundeered

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: August 7, 2014, 05:58:33 pm »
Yip , like I said ghirl ,Lennon was spot on and bailed out at the right time , you still get behind your team and support the players .the lack of fans last year was bad enough it will be worse this year , obviously you are one of them that does go so can't tag you with the hatred badge  .But it is a vast amount crowds done by 20 k at some games .
JFT96

Offline downtown

• abbewy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Sarina
« Reply #89 on: August 7, 2014, 07:41:46 pm »
Robert T. Błaszczak ‏@RobertBlaszczak 10m
Legia have just released a statement that there is a possibility that an ineligible player was fielded against Celtic last night. #UCL

Robert T. Błaszczak ‏@RobertBlaszczak 8m
Legia's right-back Bereszyński was red-carded last season but wasn't registered vs St Patrick's to serve his suspension.

Robert T. Błaszczak ‏@RobertBlaszczak 6m
It could still be a matter of interpretation but things don't look bright for Legia as we speak. UEFA have confirmed an investigation.

:(((((((((

Please no. It'll be an absolute joke if they eliminate Legia for this. Fuck off.

Offline Mr_Morosoph

• Moaning bed wetter, cry wanks for Torres
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: August 7, 2014, 07:56:58 pm »
That's a 3-0 win to Celtic. Through on away goals.
"I was pleased also with Peter Crouch. We have been talking to him, before and after his nose operation, to show more confidence with his heading.

"Now it seems to have worked. Lets say that if he has a few games without scoring again, maybe we should arrange to break his nose again."

Rafa.

Offline dundeered

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: August 7, 2014, 08:04:35 pm »
:) , should be a replay , did something similar not happen with Sion
JFT96

Offline downtown

• abbewy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Sarina
« Reply #92 on: August 7, 2014, 08:04:47 pm »
^ the allegedly suspended player played 4 minutes. And Legia's 2 missed penos in Warsaw could prove decisive all of a sudden  :wanker

I have a question though.....for European competition, you register players round by round. .correct?

So if he wasn't registered for the tie vs. St.Patricks' ,it means he was registered for the tie vs. Celtic. But he didn't play last week in Warsaw, shouldn't that count as his suspension served?

From what I know, you don't register players game by game in europe, but rather STAGE by STAGE.

Decision has to be made in Geneva today, but Legia/Celtic will be in different seeds depending who gets the decision.

Offline helen the llama

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: August 7, 2014, 08:05:38 pm »
That's a 3-0 win to Celtic. Through on away goals.

Only after UEFA conclude the investigation. From what I am hearing Celtic are not going to be in the draw for the CL playoff round tommorow.

Offline Mr_Morosoph

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: August 7, 2014, 08:09:02 pm »
Only after UEFA conclude the investigation. From what I am hearing Celtic are not going to be in the draw for the CL playoff round tommorow.

If a team broke those rules against us, I honestly wouldn't care if they destroyed us, I'd be pissed off if they weren't kicked out. Intentionally or not, they broke the rules.
"I was pleased also with Peter Crouch. We have been talking to him, before and after his nose operation, to show more confidence with his heading.

"Now it seems to have worked. Lets say that if he has a few games without scoring again, maybe we should arrange to break his nose again."

Rafa.

Offline dundeered

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: August 7, 2014, 08:12:54 pm »
Aberdeen dominating and 1-0 down , poor defending , game over
JFT96

Offline downtown

• abbewy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Sarina
« Reply #96 on: August 7, 2014, 08:17:46 pm »
If a team broke those rules against us, I honestly wouldn't care if they destroyed us, I'd be pissed off if they weren't kicked out. Intentionally or not, they broke the rules.

But they didn't register the player vs. St Patts on the basis that he was suspended.

Isn't the whole point of a suspended player, is that you can't register them to the squad for a round ?

In the past, these case have had different outcomes. Debrecen were only fined money, whereas Sion faced more consequences.

Offline Mr_Morosoph

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: August 7, 2014, 08:26:24 pm »
But they didn't register the player vs. St Patts on the basis that he was suspended.

Isn't the whole point of a suspended player, is that you can't register them to the squad for a round ?

I think a ban only applies to the player when he's listed in the squad for a match.

Rafa.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: August 7, 2014, 08:58:18 pm »

In the past, these case have had different outcomes. Debrecen were only fined money, whereas Sion faced more consequences.

Yeah I've just read in BBC that Debrecen only got a fine as the player was only fielded for the last 2 mins therefore the club was deemed not to be trying to gain an advantage. Same rule applies here.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline dundeered

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: August 7, 2014, 08:59:37 pm »
2-1 the sheep , game on
JFT96

Offline Mr_Morosoph

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: August 7, 2014, 09:09:06 pm »
Yeah I've just read in BBC that Debrecen only got a fine as the player was only fielded for the last 2 mins therefore the club was deemed not to be trying to gain an advantage. Same rule applies here.

@STVGrant 
Many citing example of Debrecen fined for ineligible player. Rule differs. That player wasn't banned. If a player plays banned = forfeit.

Rafa.

Offline helen the llama

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: August 7, 2014, 09:28:35 pm »

Sion had fielded about 5 or 6 ineligible players. In both legs.

Offline dundeered

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: August 7, 2014, 10:01:16 pm »
More bad news for the new club or is it the old club I can't keep up anymore  ;D

HMRC seek leave to appeal result of the latest court verdict in the ongoing saga of the Rangers Big Tax Case

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hmrc-seek-leave-appeal-result-4021074

JFT96

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: August 7, 2014, 10:02:46 pm »
@STVGrant 
Many citing example of Debrecen fined for ineligible player. Rule differs. That player wasn't banned. If a player plays banned = forfeit.

Ah. BBC never clarified that.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Reheat Red

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #104 on: August 8, 2014, 12:02:19 am »
The guy played four minutes while the tie was 6-1 on aggregate.

You can say rules are rules etc but fuck me you surely need to have some leeway for context. 

Offline KillieRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: August 8, 2014, 07:03:22 am »
More bad news for the new club or is it the old club I can't keep up anymore  ;D

HMRC seek leave to appeal result of the latest court verdict in the ongoing saga of the Rangers Big Tax Case

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hmrc-seek-leave-appeal-result-4021074

Meanwhile the daily record was still ploughing ahead with the party line that the original rangers went out of business because of HMRC.  That's right Her Majesty is to blame. A little ironic really.

As dundeered said it's difficult to keep up,  but I think we can all agree that the people running the various rangers incarnations are and have been rotten, self serving and far from loyal.

Online Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #106 on: August 8, 2014, 07:14:24 am »
If Celtic get a reprieve for this it'll be a rather undignified way of progressing. Totally thumped over two legs. 

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: August 8, 2014, 09:58:42 am »
I think they've got one, judging by the reactions to members of a Celtic forum I'm looking at here.

Bit embarrassing for them to be fair but I'm sure they aren't arsed.

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: August 8, 2014, 10:01:46 am »
BBC Sport ‏@BBCSport  42s
Celtic are back in the @ChampionsLeague after Legia Warsaw fielded an an ineligible player - more soon

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #109 on: August 8, 2014, 10:07:32 am »
Harsh Decision. Lucky, lucky Celtic.

Online swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: August 8, 2014, 10:07:40 am »
Very harsh... hope they get battered in the next round

Online DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #111 on: August 8, 2014, 10:09:17 am »
I hope Liverpool get them in their group...
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline Tumbleweed

• Anny Roader
  • Pax Bisonica
« Reply #112 on: August 8, 2014, 10:20:23 am »
Hahaha, gawd that's terrible. They're gonna get ripped for this.
“To wage war three things are necessary; money, money, and yet more money”
Gian-Jacopo Trivulzio, Marshall of France (1499)

"The club always goes on. You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club"
Jürgen Klopp (2018)

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #113 on: August 8, 2014, 10:26:35 am »
Very harsh... hope they get battered in the next round

Same. Quite clearly not good enough to be playing in the CL.

Offline ghirl67

• Legacy Fan
  • "Football without the fans is nothing" -Jock Stein
« Reply #114 on: August 8, 2014, 02:03:35 pm »
We aren't good enough, but as far as I am aware responsibility for LW players is with them and not us.

Feel sorry for their fans though. 

"I got a bit of a slagging for it! Do people not know I'm a Celtic fan?" Kieran Tierney on asking his parents for a Celtic top for his Christmas (2017)

Offline KillieRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: August 8, 2014, 05:18:54 pm »
If UEFA were determined to throw Legia out, it's not celtic s fault for being first in line to accept the place, at least they qualified for it.

However it just another example of incompetence in football administration from Legia and UEFA alike.

Offline dundeered

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: August 8, 2014, 08:05:51 pm »
Stupid from legia not celtics fault would funny if they got beat in the next qualifier tho
JFT96

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #117 on: August 8, 2014, 09:14:55 pm »
Adam Morgan has signed for St Johnstone on loan
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline N0rnIr0nRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #118 on: August 8, 2014, 09:18:07 pm »
Legia hard done by.

Celtic extremely lucky to progress.
"I usually have a second pair of glasses but I can't find them because it's hard to find glasses without glasses!" Jürgen Klopp

Offline dundeered

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: August 8, 2014, 10:18:06 pm »
Adam Morgan has signed for St Johnstone on loan

A good move for the lad if may is away , will get first team experience at a decent level .Better than the brutal stuff in the championship
JFT96