Author Topic: Emre Can  (Read 42327 times)

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
Re: Emre Can
« Reply #80 on: February 6, 2019, 04:54:29 pm »
hmm interesting,

just had a little look 21 appearances 1 goal 1 assist 1.069

comparing to his replacement here in Fab

22 appearances 1 goal 2 assists 1.382   

Can's played 1/3 less minutes but is that down to the injury layoff? Other than that they look pretty similar and I don't think anyone is writing Fab off just yet.
Fabinho's play allows others to get the goals and assists.

Can's didn't.

Good example of how stats don't tell the full picture.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #81 on: February 6, 2019, 04:54:56 pm »
Fabinho is the better player. He suits us better he does his role better, as a 6 he doesn't need to be scoring goals or creating chances, it helps if he does, but that's not his role. So comparing the two in those two categories alone is nonsense.

The difference is off the ball for me, Can loved getting forward but when the move fell apart he was ponderous getting back into position to defend, whereas Fabinho works his butt off getting back into position to either recycle the ball or put in a defensive tackle.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: February 6, 2019, 04:57:48 pm »
The difference is off the ball for me, Can loved getting forward but when the move fell apart he was ponderous getting back into position to defend, whereas Fabinho works his butt off getting back into position to either recycle the ball or put in a defensive tackle.

His lack of tracking back and not marking his man whilst strolling did my head in

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #83 on: February 6, 2019, 05:16:17 pm »
This

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #84 on: February 6, 2019, 06:00:24 pm »
Agreed.

I never understood what the fascination with Can was all about.
He was never really the top class MF we needed. Too slow, too ponderous.
Ironically his stand out position for us was when Brendan stuck him at RB! That's what we remember the most about him - all those pirouettes and turns with the ball under pressure in the peno area haha and he always seemed to get past the pressuring forward player and get rid of the ball. fair play to him. It seemed like he was almost turning on the style in defence to kind of tell Brendan that he was pissed off being put at RB haha

Funnily enough I think he'd make a classy centre back in a few years time when he's a bit more switched on to things.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #85 on: March 18, 2019, 09:51:51 am »
Funnily enough I think he'd make a classy centre back in a few years time when he's a bit more switched on to things.

Agreed. I’m not at all broken up about him going, Fabinho is clearly superior, but there’s a player in there. If the increased game intelligence can be coached into him, alongside growing maturity I think he’d be have the tools to be a good centre half.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #86 on: August 19, 2019, 09:39:34 pm »
Things not going to well for him...

https://www.empireofthekop.com/2019/08/19/sarri-tells-emre-can-to-find-a-new-club-liverpool-fans-react-online/?fbclid=IwAR0_M2yuqYVUtWyqBYKzjvC4Rpc7O9I3PIzjQLHwJCy7X_SRIO2tbtV38aw

Today, Coutinho has completed his move to Bayern Munich after failing at Barcelona, while Emre Can has been told by Juventus to find a new club.

This is according to the Echo, with their manager Maurizio Sarri not considering the German a viable option for his midfield.

Can ran down his contract with Liverpool and signed for the Italians on a Bosman in the summer of 2018, but one year later, he’s no longer considered a first-teamer…

Liverpool fans have been very noisy regarding the situation on Twitter, with the general consensus being that ‘the grass isn’t always greener,’ especially when you’re a starter for Jurgen Klopp’s Liverpool.

Without Can and Coutinho, Liverpool won the Champions League a few months ago and racked up 97 points in the Premier League.

This term, we’re two wins from two in the Premier League and won the Super Cup on penalties.

Next time one of our big players wants to leave, the warnings will be obvious.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
Better looking than Samie.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #89 on: August 19, 2019, 09:55:50 pm »
Considering the clubs that are looking at him I wouldn't think he will be signing on any time soon. PSG and Bayern are elite clubs. I enjoyed his style here and we haven't missed him so I bare him no ill will. Hope he doesn't become a Theo Walcott
« Last Edit: August 19, 2019, 09:57:39 pm by Clayton Bigsby »

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: August 19, 2019, 09:59:04 pm »
Always knocks the confidence when you get just a bit too cocky, only to find yourself taken down a peg or three.  Can't say I feel sorry for either of them.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Online tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #91 on: August 19, 2019, 10:00:17 pm »
Not really his fault Juve got a new manager in who's decided Can's attributes aren't a good fit for what he wants to do.  I'm sure he'll get himself a good club if he does have to move on.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline robgomm

• He just can't get enough of Luis Suarez.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: August 19, 2019, 10:01:16 pm »
He should go be a centre-back, he was best there. Obviously he needs to learn to head the ball, like.

Online RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: August 19, 2019, 10:01:18 pm »
The headline on a lot of articles regarding him makes it seem a lot worse than it is if the clubs mentioned are actually interested

You could do a hell of a lot worse than Bayern and PSG to be honest

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: August 19, 2019, 11:52:12 pm »
The headline on a lot of articles regarding him makes it seem a lot worse than it is if the clubs mentioned are actually interested

You could do a hell of a lot worse than Bayern and PSG to be honest

Yes, but with those clubs (if true) you'd imagine it's a bit of a speculative afterthought,  to pad the squad. Rather than regular games. Bit like that Stoke player CHupa Moating?? who came on in Paris against us.

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #95 on: August 20, 2019, 09:10:58 am »
He's going to be a world class midfielder. WORLD CLASS!!!

;)

Don’t get the need for digs. Saw out his contract, kept his month shut and gave it his all why he was here

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #96 on: August 20, 2019, 09:13:04 am »
You’d like to think him and Coutinho would serve as cautionary tales to others, but I’m sure there’ll still be a few who think they can do better
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: August 20, 2019, 10:16:54 am »
Don’t get the need for digs. Saw out his contract, kept his month shut and gave it his all why he was here

The life of a supporter really.

Don't even make sense, We haven't even missed him

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: August 20, 2019, 10:26:05 am »
The life of a supporter really.

Don't even make sense, We haven't even missed him
i thought it was pretty clearly a dig at some of those on here who flew off the handle and lost their when he left, not the player. The kind that then had a go at the club (and some even at Klopp) for developing a top class player for another team, lamenting our chances of improving our midfield.

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: August 20, 2019, 11:08:33 am »
Not surprised really. Juve have Pjanic, Khedira, Ramsey, Rabiot, Bentancur and Matuidi, all of whom are arguably better, and they need to cut their wage bill. Having said that, he's 25 and is still a decent box-to-box player. They should easily get Ł20 million for him, hopefully he'll opt for a midtable team where he can really nail down a regular place.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #100 on: August 20, 2019, 11:42:38 am »

It's not a dig at Can. It's a reminder that the phrase "world class" gets thrown about too easily, without an understanding of what it takes to actually be world class.
Better looking than Samie.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: August 20, 2019, 11:53:59 am »
Not surprised really. Juve have Pjanic, Khedira, Ramsey, Rabiot, Bentancur and Matuidi, all of whom are arguably better, and they need to cut their wage bill. Having said that, he's 25 and is still a decent box-to-box player. They should easily get Ł20 million for him, hopefully he'll opt for a midtable team where he can really nail down a regular place.

And I’d be pretty confident we’ll be having a similar conversation in a year about Aaron Ramsay
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #102 on: August 20, 2019, 12:01:24 pm »
Since he's homegrown at the club, Bayern would probably like to do some business there. Not sure he'd play any significant role in their XI but he would be a good squad player for them.

His true level then? I think he'd be ideal for some top four challenger in Bundesliga like Leverkusen, Mönchengladbach or Schalke.
Linudden.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: August 20, 2019, 12:02:59 pm »
Since he's homegrown at the club, Bayern would probably like to do some business there. Not sure he'd play any significant role in their XI but he would be a good squad player for them.

That’d be fitting, him and Phil can exchange tales of the trophies they’ve been very little part of winning

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: August 20, 2019, 12:22:26 pm »
i thought it was pretty clearly a dig at some of those on here who flew off the handle and lost their when he left, not the player. The kind that then had a go at the club (and some even at Klopp) for developing a top class player for another team, lamenting our chances of improving our midfield.

Other than Sterling and Suarez who in the last 10-15 years has left Liverpool and done anything worth a lick. Fans that make noise like that get involved in their emotions too much.

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #105 on: August 20, 2019, 12:22:43 pm »
That’d be fitting, him and Phil can exchange tales of the trophies they’ve been very little part of winning

With all due respect, Coutinho played 18 games in the spring of 2018 and 34 games last season, while Can played 29 league games. Phil contributed 13 goals to the pair of league title wins for Barca while Emre scored four in Juventus' last season. They definitely had a part to play in those triumphs. They missed out on the big ears though, but that's another thing altogether...
Linudden.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: August 20, 2019, 12:27:47 pm »
With all due respect, Coutinho played 18 games in the spring of 2018 and 34 games last season, while Can played 29 league games. Phil contributed 13 goals to the pair of league title wins for Barca while Emre scored four in Juventus' last season. They definitely had a part to play in those triumphs. They missed out on the big ears though, but that's another thing altogether...

Well if you’re going to apply logic  ::)

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #107 on: August 20, 2019, 12:37:03 pm »
Well if you’re going to apply logic  ::)

You could call Michael Owen or a bunch of our bench-warmers in Madrid medal thieves but it's a bit unfair to suggest players who played more than a couple of dozen games and bagged several goals during the title runs are such  ;D

As for Can, I believe he'd thrive moving to one of the big Istanbul clubs, he could easily be captain within a year and become a legend there in either of the three. The pay over there is also great and he obviously speaks the language. I think he probably feels too young to go there and play in that lower-quality league yet though and I can't blame him for that either. So long as he travels around Europe's big clubs, squad player is the role he'll have: it's not bad at all, but not the kind of career he'd been expecting to have when he came here at 20.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2019, 12:55:50 pm by Linudden »
Linudden.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: August 20, 2019, 02:25:46 pm »
Other than Sterling and Suarez who in the last 10-15 years has left Liverpool and done anything worth a lick. Fans that make noise like that get involved in their emotions too much.
Alonso and Mascherano I guess, but I take your point

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: August 20, 2019, 02:56:19 pm »

Tbf, I don't think a fan of any club enjoys losing a player against the club's wishes, especially for nowt.  Also, we've been transitioning into a club where us fans are starting to realise that we can do better than players like Can.

I think it's as much the fear of replacing a player as much as what that player brings to the team. Now we're European Champions and every player here wants to be here. Regret is for those who left thinking they could do better than Liverpool Football Club.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: August 20, 2019, 03:02:53 pm »
Tbf, I don't think a fan of any club enjoys losing a player against the club's wishes, especially for nowt.  Also, we've been transitioning into a club where us fans are starting to realise that we can do better than players like Can.

I think it's as much the fear of replacing a player as much as what that player brings to the team. Now we're European Champions and every player here wants to be here. Regret is for those who left thinking they could do better than Liverpool Football Club.

Yeah but it's always going to occur. Some people are just panickers and don't have the tolerance threshold to be able to cope with the uncertainty that a transfer window can bring.

We've seen it before with other players Klopp was ostensibly hoping to retain (at least short term) however ultimately was comfortable enough to let them leave, such as Joe Allen, Lucas, Klavan, Clyne (on loan), Wilson and (potentially) Lovren next

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: August 20, 2019, 03:15:12 pm »

fcking hell how did I miss those two  :o

« Last Edit: August 20, 2019, 03:16:58 pm by Clayton Bigsby »

Offline gaztop08

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: August 20, 2019, 05:11:27 pm »

You can add Torres to Chelsea(FA cup,Europa league and Champions league)
Alvaro Arbeloa to Real Madrid(Two Champions league , La Liga,Copa Del Ray)to that list.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: August 20, 2019, 05:14:42 pm »
You can add Torres to Chelsea(FA cup,Europa league and Champions league)
Alvaro Arbeloa to Real Madrid(Two Champions league , La Liga,Copa Del Ray)to that list.

Torres was a backup dancer tough, no disrespect. Can't remember re Arbeloa. either way, it is usually downhill for players that leave here

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: August 20, 2019, 05:19:41 pm »

Most of us just wished we'd got some money for him. 10m was supposedly a bargain and a sure fire way of making money on his sale, then he eventually goes for a free when he's improved in the mean time.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Online afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #115 on: August 20, 2019, 06:25:06 pm »
Torres was a backup dancer tough, no disrespect. Can't remember re Arbeloa. either way, it is usually downhill for players that leave here

What do backup dancer toughs do? Protect J-Lo?
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #116 on: August 20, 2019, 07:31:56 pm »
He's being linked in the Italian press in a swap deal for Barca with Rakitic.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: August 20, 2019, 07:49:23 pm »
Saw out his contract, kept his month shut and gave it his all why he was here
I have no ill will toward Emre. He could see the writing on the wall that he wasn't going to be a preferred player for Klopp, so he took a chance at moving to the Italian champions. A lot of us would have done the same. He left while being respectful to LFC, which was the opposite of what Coutinho did.

I hope Can does well wherever he lands.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2019, 02:29:45 am by soxfan »
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #118 on: August 20, 2019, 07:55:22 pm »
Emre Can showed a lot of class after Liverpool's Champions League win too, sent a very nice message via his social media to congratulate the team, and especially Mr Klopp - as he called him  ;D

I still like Emre (don't miss him here though!), and hopefully if he moves, he settles at a good team where he can flourish. 

Offline Smellytrabs

• Sme-llytrabs....what are they feeding you? It's not your fault! Has an anus that looks like a *
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: August 27, 2019, 10:37:49 am »

I took it as more of a dig at some of our fans than at Can. Not just about people losing their shit when he left, but also the section of our fanbase for the previous 2 years who refused to believe that Henderson was a good player and tried to use Can as the example of great world class talent that should/will be starting ahead of him and would also be a better captain than him. That stance looks a little foolish now to say the least.