Author Topic: Harry Maguire considering his options thread  (Read 3262096 times)

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: United - The Green and GOle Standard!
« Reply #3120 on: April 2, 2020, 04:57:10 pm »
Well if it is up to Rio he would void the season and spend £250m on Sancho and Kane.

Rio knows its that simple £250m will be readily available for Man Utd to spend even though they spent £60-70m on Bruno Fernandes in Jan so that is £300m on 3 players.

He hasn’t had the brains to work out if the season is void then all tv money is lost for everyone and then who is to say BT/Sky will give the same to everyone next season.

Utd would also have no CL next season either but Ole would be at the wheel and GIVE THAT MAN THE CONTRACT GIVE THAT MAN A PEN WHAT YOU WAITING FOR !

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3121 on: April 8, 2020, 10:33:22 pm »
I'm a little surprised nothing much has been said about what Oleh has had to say today. I appreciate that teams are using the down time to evaluate transfer plans, but he said things like - "Who knows which clubs need to sell players? There might be just a situation there where you can exploit, and I know that we at Man United we are one of the biggest, and the biggest, financially well-off"

I just don't think now is the time to be talking about exploiting other teams finances and shouting out how much money you have, its insensitive. Never in a million years would you hear Klopp talking now about exploiting teams or having loads of money.

Offline Jshooters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Occasionally inspirational
« Reply #3122 on: April 8, 2020, 10:40:29 pm »
I'm a little surprised nothing much has been said about what Oleh has had to say today. I appreciate that teams are using the down time to evaluate transfer plans, but he said things like - "Who knows which clubs need to sell players? There might be just a situation there where you can exploit, and I know that we at Man United we are one of the biggest, and the biggest, financially well-off"

I just don't think now is the time to be talking about exploiting other teams finances and shouting out how much money you have, its insensitive. Never in a million years would you hear Klopp talking now about exploiting teams or having loads of money.

Agreed. Openly suggesting you’re going to profiteer from less well off clubs suffering due to the pandemic and not one Newspaper/commentator had called them out on this?

Believer

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #3123 on: April 8, 2020, 10:44:15 pm »
We're Man Utd we skank who we want
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #3124 on: April 8, 2020, 10:47:11 pm »
Poor that from Solskajaer, the sort of thing you need a press-officer for - to stop you from making such stupid and callous comments.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #3125 on: April 9, 2020, 04:41:02 pm »
Agreed. Openly suggesting you’re going to profiteer from less well off clubs suffering due to the pandemic and not one Newspaper/commentator had called them out on this?

Yep, I said similar in another thread I think, it's not the most sympathetic of things to say at this time.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline tazman74

• Main Stander
  • We won it six times whisky nose!
« Reply #3126 on: April 9, 2020, 08:45:58 pm »
Pretty sure United owe the most money on existing transfers. I don’t think they’re in as good a position as Sméagol thinks.
My old man said be a Man U fan,
I said 'Fuck off bollocks, you're a c*nt!'

Offline Johann Gambolputty

• Main Stander
  • We are the Anny,Anny road end.
« Reply #3127 on: April 9, 2020, 08:54:52 pm »
 "Who knows which clubs need to sell players? There might be just a situation there where you can exploit, and I know that we at Man United we are one of the biggest, and the biggest, financially well-off"

It's the only way they've ever had success. It's the united way. it's why they always make a big deal about their youth system,to hide the fact that they have always relied on doing this.They base their success in the nineties around the class of 92,but what about Keane,Cole,Yorke,Cantona,Pallister,Bruce,Sheringham all established premier league assets. You can predict who united are going to try and sign,just go through most premier league teams and pick out who their biggest asset is.
It's no surprise that they've come nowhere near winning the league in the last few years which have coincided with lesser clubs not having to sell their best assets to balance their books as much as in years gone by.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #3128 on: April 11, 2020, 07:40:50 pm »
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has received all the kudos for reviving Man United's season and pulling them back into Champions League contention, but maybe fans should be praising VAR rather than OGS.

That is because no Premier League team has benefited from Video Assistant Referee decisions more than Manchester United this season. With VAR, Solskjaer's men are fifth in the table, on 45 points, which is five points and five places better than they would be without it.

In a world without VAR, Man United drop from a Champions League position in fifth -- the top four qualify, but due to Man City's European ban, fifth is in play -- to the mid-table obscurity of 10th, making them the lowest-placed of "Big Six" clubs and just about holding onto a spot in the top half.

Meanwhile, runaway leaders Liverpool have gained just two points from VAR overturns; with a 25-point lead, Jurgen Klopp's team has played so well as to render VAR irrelevant to their title ambitions. Second place Manchester City have lost five points due to VAR decisions, but still remain 18 points adrift.

https://a4.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2020%2F0411%2Fr688309_1080x1080_1%2D1.jpg&w=1140&cquality=40&format=jpg

Those headlines are among the results of analysis from ESPN and the team led by Thomas Curran at the London School of Economics, whose Anti-VAR Index shows how the league would look without video review.

Their algorithm is about more than simply removing goals to get the amended results; it takes into account factors such as the state of the game at the point of the VAR incident in question, plus a team's form, performance and relative strength, which generate a new set of results based on probability of outcome.

https://www.espn.com/soccer/english-premier-league/story/4083448/premier-league-without-var-man-united-out-of-champions-league-places-liverpool-still-far-ahead
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #3129 on: April 11, 2020, 11:50:15 pm »
Oh for those good old days of everyone moaning about VAR and calling us LiVARpool. Sigh.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3130 on: April 12, 2020, 12:04:56 am »
Just watched 5 minutes of an old MOTD involving these v Arsenal and I feel a bit ill. Silvestre head butts Lungberg and gets sent off and the ref gets hounded. O'Shea pops up with a last minute goal, where have we seen that before? Fungus looking at his watch. Commentator wanking over Rooney. All that was in 5 minutes.

Horrible.

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
« Reply #3131 on: April 12, 2020, 02:14:08 pm »
Just watched 5 minutes of an old MOTD involving these v Arsenal and I feel a bit ill. Silvestre head butts Lungberg and gets sent off and the ref gets hounded. O'Shea pops up with a last minute goal, where have we seen that before? Fungus looking at his watch. Commentator wanking over Rooney. All that was in 5 minutes.

Horrible.

Thankfully all now meaningless and in the distant past. History. As irrelevant as that keeper who got bundled over the line with the ball in an old black and white FA Cup final. Gone. Never to come back. We're now living in a no-threat-from-United age.

United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline Johann Gambolputty

• Main Stander
  • We are the Anny,Anny road end.
« Reply #3132 on: April 14, 2020, 02:53:52 am »
John Barnes filming Who want's to be a millionaire in Manchester for charity, asks the audience for the answer on one of his questions and they blatantly give him the wrong answer. Sad bastards. Barnesy knew what they did. This is what we've reduced them to.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #3133 on: April 14, 2020, 06:37:10 am »
John Barnes filming Who want's to be a millionaire in Manchester for charity, asks the audience for the answer on one of his questions and they blatantly give him the wrong answer. Sad bastards. Barnesy knew what they did. This is what we've reduced them to.

Nah. People in Manchester are genuinely that thick mate.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3134 on: April 14, 2020, 11:38:32 am »
Nah. People in Manchester are genuinely that thick mate.

exactly, they used to think Depay is better than Suarez, Mata is better than Coutinho and Luke Shaw is world class in his position. Some still have the guts to compare VVD to Maguire.

Offline MdArshad

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3135 on: April 14, 2020, 11:52:05 am »
https://www.redcafe.net/threads/who-is-the-greater-player-ryan-giggs-vs-gareth-bale.454255/

Amazing how they overate Ryan Giggs. The most stupid thing is how his longitivity is such a valued asset. Give me 6 or 7 years of Bale peak rather than Giggs longitivity.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3136 on: April 14, 2020, 05:54:04 pm »
Their fans think their midfield is the best in the league, Martial is better than Firmino, Maguire is world class and AWB is the best right back in the league.

Amazing that they're only 37 points behind us really.

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3137 on: April 14, 2020, 06:10:39 pm »
It's a measure of the desperation for football talk that Souness Pogba is even a thing.

I can understand Souness not rating Pogba's lack of workrate for the team, not putting his skills at the service of the team more, it's a criticism plenty of us (including myself) have made of Pogba. At this point though, Souness has shot the horse in the head, run a chainsaw through it, hacked it into pieces, shot a bazooka at it for good measure, and still isn't satisfied it's been flogged enough...

And yep, the fact I'm even talking about this is a symptom of football withdrawal. 
« Last Edit: April 14, 2020, 06:12:18 pm by surfer. Fuck you generator. »

Offline zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3138 on: April 16, 2020, 09:50:25 am »
It's a measure of the desperation for football talk that Souness Pogba is even a thing.

I can understand Souness not rating Pogba's lack of workrate for the team, not putting his skills at the service of the team more, it's a criticism plenty of us (including myself) have made of Pogba. At this point though, Souness has shot the horse in the head, run a chainsaw through it, hacked it into pieces, shot a bazooka at it for good measure, and still isn't satisfied it's been flogged enough...

And yep, the fact I'm even talking about this is a symptom of football withdrawal. 
Sounds like one of his tackles

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #3139 on: April 17, 2020, 08:17:56 am »
Yep, I said similar in another thread I think, it's not the most sympathetic of things to say at this time.
Ive not seen the full quote. Is he definitely talking about exploiting clubs who are weak because of the virus, or more just a standard comment of taking opportunities in the market. He's fairly hopeless as a manager but he doesn't seem to be a heartless cold bastard.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3140 on: April 17, 2020, 09:50:58 am »
Dunno, he did throttle his best mate over the precious.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3141 on: April 17, 2020, 09:53:36 am »
Ive not seen the full quote. Is he definitely talking about exploiting clubs who are weak because of the virus, or more just a standard comment of taking opportunities in the market. He's fairly hopeless as a manager but he doesn't seem to be a heartless cold bastard.
it was more down to the financial weakness some clubs potentially could be after this. And it was Neville who used the word ‘exploit’ in his question

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #3142 on: April 17, 2020, 09:54:42 am »

If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #3143 on: April 17, 2020, 01:05:07 pm »
:lmao

Needed that laugh today
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline arthur sarnoff

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3144 on: April 19, 2020, 06:18:35 pm »
Don't know how genuine it is, but their rumoured kit for next year:

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #3145 on: April 19, 2020, 06:35:01 pm »

Can use it for bus seats afterwards....

It’s ..... something else...
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #3146 on: April 19, 2020, 06:39:22 pm »
You have to hand it to Adidas and United. That’s yet another shite kit. Think they’ve had one nice one altogether.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3147 on: April 19, 2020, 06:43:53 pm »
It won’t look too bad on Luke Shaw, just like an old Galatasaray kit.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3148 on: April 19, 2020, 06:43:53 pm »

Looks like it caught a virus [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3149 on: April 19, 2020, 06:59:06 pm »

They dumped Adidas for Stagecoach?

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #3150 on: April 19, 2020, 07:28:34 pm »

And many of us were upset by a bit of teal on our Nike home shirt.

That Untied shirt is appalling. 😂
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Mark Walters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3151 on: April 19, 2020, 07:33:06 pm »

If you think that's bad, get a load of this...!
"Maybe in life it's impossible to give 100 per cent to your job. Okay, I'll accept 98 per cent" Rafa Benitez

Offline Mark Walters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3152 on: April 19, 2020, 07:34:46 pm »
The away is not as bad

"Maybe in life it's impossible to give 100 per cent to your job. Okay, I'll accept 98 per cent" Rafa Benitez

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #3153 on: April 19, 2020, 07:38:34 pm »
It’s like a magic eye picture.
AHA!

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3154 on: April 19, 2020, 07:40:16 pm »
Not a great looking shirt,like bus seat cover combined with red matrix code.

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #3155 on: April 19, 2020, 07:42:13 pm »
That last one looks like it's designed to disguise experiment aerodynamics  ;D
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3156 on: April 19, 2020, 07:45:56 pm »
Hey maybe that's their new tactics, send the opposition boz eyed [emoji2957]

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #3157 on: April 19, 2020, 07:47:09 pm »
That last one looks like it's designed to disguise experiment aerodynamics  ;D

To be fair it looks better on. Here’s Harry Maguire modelling it.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #3158 on: April 19, 2020, 07:50:40 pm »
If you think that's bad, get a load of this...!

Holy dazzle ships, Batman.  :lmao

If they get snotted at Southampton while wearing that they'll be changing it at halftime again.

"We couldn't see each other out there..."  :lmao
« Last Edit: April 19, 2020, 07:53:12 pm by Sons of pioneerS »
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3159 on: April 19, 2020, 07:51:25 pm »
There’s no way that’s real ;D