Author Topic: Jürgen Klopp  (Read 974081 times)

Offline MihawkLFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
  • Meh.
Re: Jürgen Klopp
« Reply #2680 on: July 13, 2020, 11:26:51 pm »
Translation is missleading cause the article is as well. Watched the full interview and he literally said the following:
"The plan right now is, 4 years liverpool. If it doesn't go on then, which is a real possibility after the then 9 years here in Liverpool. Then I'll take another sabatical, but that was the plan before (i.e. after Dortmund) and that didn't work out to well either."

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
  • Love Firmino, hate bastards
« Reply #2681 on: July 13, 2020, 11:44:11 pm »
1. Why are people so obsessed with discussing who we’ll replace Klopp with?

2. Why are people so weirdly obsessed with putting down Steven Gerrard as a potential Liverpool manager...as if we’d be asking him to take over tomorrow?
1. Same reason people wants a transfer even though we already got such an amazing team - it's exciting. Not Klopp leaving, of course, but rather the many different possibilities a new coach brings. I understand why picturing how Nagelsmann's Liverpool would look or how Pochettino's Liverpool would look would be fun for some.

2. It's somehow became a thing. Probably because he's Steven Gerrard and he will forever be linked with Liverpool. I don't think he will take over in 2024

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2682 on: July 13, 2020, 11:48:05 pm »
Its odd to be worrying about a manager leaving in 4 years. Its ages away.

In that time Trump could get elected again and we could be in the middle of a nuclear war with China. Worrying about who will manage us after that would seem so insignificant.

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2683 on: July 13, 2020, 11:55:31 pm »
Its odd to be worrying about a manager leaving in 4 years. Its ages away.

In that time Trump could get elected again and we could be in the middle of a nuclear war with China. Worrying about who will manage us after that would seem so insignificant.
Insignificant things are significant. Football is an escape from really and people sometimes would like to think about that over potential Armageddon.

And don't worry, in four years President West will achieve world peace.

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...we had dreams and songs to sing...
« Reply #2684 on: July 14, 2020, 12:31:30 am »
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2685 on: July 14, 2020, 07:46:04 am »
Magic :)
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2686 on: July 14, 2020, 08:16:38 am »

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2687 on: July 14, 2020, 10:15:34 am »
1. Same reason people wants a transfer even though we already got such an amazing team - it's exciting. Not Klopp leaving, of course, but rather the many different possibilities a new coach brings. I understand why picturing how Nagelsmann's Liverpool would look or how Pochettino's Liverpool would look would be fun for some.

Nothing about Jurgen Klopp leaving us and another man taking over excites me. It terrifies me.

Online Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #2688 on: July 14, 2020, 11:17:15 am »

The precise opposite of fun.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #2689 on: July 14, 2020, 11:19:30 am »
Nothing about Jurgen Klopp leaving us and another man taking over excites me. It terrifies me.

Can you imagine the tears on that day.

However, it is at least 3-4 years as has been said so no point bringing the mood down just yet. Let’s just enjoy the big man for as long as he’s here.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2690 on: July 14, 2020, 11:26:16 am »
Can you imagine the tears on that day.

However, it is at least 3-4 years as has been said so no point bringing the mood down just yet. Let’s just enjoy the big man for as long as he’s here.

Spot on.
I'm really excited to see what the second great team he builds looks like and what it can achieve, because 4 more years gives him time to do that, and from all the noises we hear from the likes of Edwards etc, they won't let this team grow old together.

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2691 on: July 14, 2020, 11:31:15 am »
Then I guess you don't worry too much about who would replace him, rather than the fact that he would leave, which is indeed sad.
But some people constantly bring different names as potential replacements, and I think to them, it's exciting in some way. I can understand it even though nobody would be as good as Kloppo.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #2692 on: July 14, 2020, 11:34:52 am »

2. It's somehow became a thing. Probably because he's Steven Gerrard and he will forever be linked with Liverpool. I don't think he will take over in 2024

if anyone finds imagining Pochettino at Liverpool fun - they probably need medical help  ;D

Ditto Nagelsmann, he’s still only the 2nd or even 3rd best coach RB Leipzig have had as of now  :P

Anyway, I guess the point is that wishing away the years with Kloppo is a waste of time and energy and pointless at the moment, better to make the most of it rather than imagine possibilities after.

And he’s not going anywhere yet, although this virus probaly has changed a lot of football (and sports) peoples mindsets and thinking, and football has a bumpy path ahead as it is, and worst if theres another wave in the winter. Plenty to worry about from a bigger picture point of view than anything else!

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2693 on: July 14, 2020, 11:39:47 am »
Then I guess you don't worry too much about who would replace him, rather than the fact that he would leave, which is indeed sad.
But some people constantly bring different names as potential replacements, and I think to them, it's exciting in some way. I can understand it even though nobody would be as good as Kloppo.

You're right I'm not worrying about who replaces him as its a minimum of 4 years away. Its not sad. I'm enjoying the moment and us being champions of absolutely everything rather than something that could happen in 4 years.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2694 on: July 14, 2020, 12:30:07 pm »
Kloppo making dreams come true for engaged journos who are LFC supporters. ;D

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #2695 on: July 14, 2020, 01:37:10 pm »
Klopp says City verdict is "not a good day for football", but he's glad City has to play Champions League games next year because they would have too much rest for the league otherwise. Pretty much sums up how most Liverpool fans feel:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFdhqyA2MNE

The LFC TV version here (Like and subscribe to the club's channel if you haven't already done so):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWH4y9B9TXo
« Last Edit: July 14, 2020, 01:57:25 pm by Morgana »

Offline nil three four nil

• Kemlynite
  • that's how it is.
« Reply #2696 on: July 14, 2020, 03:46:12 pm »
;D

There’s a few interviews with him out there. Not only a deep voice, but the way he speaks is really calm and laid back!

Before he joined Mainz 05, he worked as a freelancer for a germanwide sports data company, where he had to speak full football matches, every player, every action, in real time. Calm and laid back speaking might have helped him getting his career as a football analyst started.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2697 on: July 14, 2020, 04:07:21 pm »
Before he joined Mainz 05, he worked as a freelancer for a germanwide sports data company, where he had to speak full football matches, every player, every action, in real time. Calm and laid back speaking might have helped him getting his career as a football analyst started.

would’t be surprised then! Definatley a soothing voice  ;D

I recal too, when PK started as an intern at Mainz analysing matches, it was when Kloppo was still a player, and he had to tell Kloppo some not so kind things about his performances, and he wasn’t impressed about being told these things by this young guy at the time. So the start of their relationship was a little bit rocky!

But soon they where friends, and here they are over 20 years later.

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #2698 on: July 14, 2020, 05:57:47 pm »
Klopp says City verdict is "not a good day for football", but he's glad City has to play Champions League games next year because they would have too much rest for the league otherwise. Pretty much sums up how most Liverpool fans feel:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFdhqyA2MNE

The LFC TV version here (Like and subscribe to the club's channel if you haven't already done so):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWH4y9B9TXo

Klopp saying it's not a good day for football whilst Pep is demanding an apology ;D
:D

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #2699 on: July 14, 2020, 07:08:05 pm »

Online bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2700 on: July 14, 2020, 07:19:24 pm »

2. Why are people so weirdly obsessed with putting down Steven Gerrard as a potential Liverpool manager...as if we’d be asking him to take over tomorrow?

It seems to be an increasingly popular thing now to put him down, it’s really odd. I’m not sure if it’s a hipster thing, and we don’t like the idea of being lumped in with the likes of Chelsea and United by hiring a legend?

It’s at least four years away. It doesn’t even warrant a conversation, nor does it warrant slating a legend who is only just starting his managerial career.

Agree it’s a premature convo.

RE Gerrard: there’s no need to mention him as potential successor when he’s done nothing in his managerial career thus far. The only reason one would mention him is because he’s a legend of the club - and we know hiring on that basis in modern football is rarely successful. We have the best manager in the world right now - we should want someone with similar calibre/skill set rather than status. I fear for the club if we return to sentiment based decision making.

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2701 on: July 15, 2020, 12:39:01 am »
Stevie has to show something before getting the job. I reckon Pep Ljinders can be the next in line. Klopp may leave us with a boot room dynasty
It's a long time away (thank god) but my money is on Pep Ljinders too.
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline ljycb

• RAWK's Bullen Oracle of Wisdom & Knowledge, the Collective Voice of our Moral Conscience
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2702 on: July 15, 2020, 12:42:50 am »

That would be interesting. Off the very little that I know and have read about him, I’m really impressed. Think he’s the reason why we’ve seen this stylistic shift over the last two seasons into something more measured and consistent. All of the players who work with him seem to love him as well.

Offline Perham

• Effes v2.0 - RAWK's Official Dog Snogger!
  • Legacy Fan
  • All is well
« Reply #2703 on: July 15, 2020, 12:48:12 am »
Would love a new "boot room" of future Liverpool managers. Still, hopefully we wont have to think about it any time soon...
if I came home to allison in bed with my wife I'd ask him to phone Virgil to see if he wanted to pop round too.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2704 on: July 15, 2020, 11:54:20 am »
Lady I know from church is a mad red. Her husband suffered a stroke several months ago - bad timing or what or what? He's well on the road to recovery, but it was nice to hear that Jurgen had written to him. :)
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2705 on: July 15, 2020, 11:58:51 am »
When the time comes, it should be a winner with similar philosophy in how they approach the game. Not enough for them to just be a winner and not enough to just share philosophy, needs to be both for me

Online Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2706 on: July 15, 2020, 11:59:57 am »
When the time comes, it should be a winner with similar philosophy in how they approach the game. Not enough for them to just be a winner and not enough to just share philosophy, needs to be both for me

Nice and easy then? :D

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2707 on: July 15, 2020, 12:06:19 pm »
Nice and easy then? :D

;D

Lets just say I'm glad it's not my job

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #2708 on: July 15, 2020, 08:02:45 pm »
WE’RE TALKING ABOUT YOUR SYSTEM!

:lmao
AHA!

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #2709 on: July 15, 2020, 08:03:48 pm »
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline kloppismydad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2710 on: July 16, 2020, 07:29:57 am »
Feel things have gone a bit stale under him. Our form since the Atletico match (that game including) has taken a nose-dive. We must really regret giving him that long extension because he seems to have taken things easy and taken the foot off the gas.

I wonder what options we have for reigniting his passion? Maybe replace Krawietz?
Mark my words. Top 8 will be a massive struggle.
We won't make any big signings this season and we will go back to being a top4 club.

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #2711 on: July 16, 2020, 09:43:15 am »
Feel things have gone a bit stale under him. Our form since the Atletico match (that game including) has taken a nose-dive. We must really regret giving him that long extension because he seems to have taken things easy and taken the foot off the gas.

I wonder what options we have for reigniting his passion? Maybe replace Krawietz?

Fishing again?

I think next season is indeed a challenge, as being Champions always is.
Klopp is up to it.

Which is why he came to Liverpool and methodically took us back to the top again.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Online Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2712 on: July 16, 2020, 09:58:45 am »

1. I don't get the obsession now, but it is something that has to be considered. Klopp himself seems to want to create a dynasty and a way for Liverpool to carry on as it is now even after he leaves.

2. I don't think anyone has a problem with Gerrard replacing him, but it has to be on the back of merit and because he fits, not because he is a legend. With Chelsea and United doing this, there is an underlying narrative from the media and some Liverpool  expecting us to do the same with Gerrard when Klopp leaves, just because he is an legend and now a manager. If he is good enough, then fine, but as of where he is right now I would be somewhat surprised if he is good enough in 4 years time, thats not to put him down thats just to emphasis how good Klopp is, you have to either be at an elite level to come close to him.

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #2713 on: July 16, 2020, 06:01:14 pm »
Legend status is sealed.

Turning around our club that was short of confidence. 2 of the biggest titles in European football 2 years, his seat can be firmly placed next to Shankly, Paisley and Fagan.

Next year would be his biggest challenge as our purse strings are tied.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2714 on: July 20, 2020, 12:47:33 am »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRd0oMmozDw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRd0oMmozDw</a>

Sorry if geo-blocked, might be worth watching with a VPN, just a nice interview with Kloppo.

Online A-Bomb

• Garlic Butter Coming. Isn’t as good as Divock Origi. Can we sell him?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2715 on: July 20, 2020, 01:02:35 am »
Legend status is sealed.

Turning around our club that was short of confidence. 2 of the biggest titles in European football 2 years, his seat can be firmly placed next to Shankly, Paisley and Fagan.

Next year would be his biggest challenge as our purse strings are tied.

His seat at the table with those greats is already cemented, his success dictates that, but as a person he already knitted into the woven fabric of our football club, we desire success but we also desire people with the values which represent us as a club and city......Klopp already demonstrated that prior to any trophy, so I was always proud he represented our football club. What comes now is his legacy, and that is the exciting prospect, it can be whatever he wants it to be.

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2716 on: July 20, 2020, 12:07:13 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRd0oMmozDw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRd0oMmozDw</a>

Sorry if geo-blocked, might be worth watching with a VPN, just a nice interview with Kloppo.

Very, very nice. Great man. Great manager. We're so so fortunate ... Clearly he is in love with the club
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #2717 on: July 22, 2020, 05:13:21 pm »
Just dawn on me that Klopp was never a TV pundit.

Slavan Bilic, Martinez, Mourinho and Benitez have all been a pundit one time or another

Whereas the likes of Klopp, Ferguson and have not.

I think TV punditry could be a bit too stupid for him

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2718 on: July 22, 2020, 05:14:18 pm »
Just dawn on me that Klopp was never a TV pundit.

Slavan Bilic, Martinez, Mourinho and Benitez have all been a pundit one time or another

Whereas the likes of Klopp, Ferguson and have not.

I think TV punditry could be a bit too stupid for him

hate to break this to you - Kloppo was worked as a tv pundit for a few years when he was with Mainz  ;D

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #2719 on: July 22, 2020, 05:16:04 pm »
hate to break this to you - Kloppo was worked as a tv pundit for a few years when he was with Mainz  ;D

He also covered the World Cup in Germany wasn't that when he was managing Mainz?
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"