Author Topic: Anfield Road Extension - Construction work resumed on 12th September 2023.  (Read 878743 times)

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Anfield Road Extension - Construction Underway
« Reply #1720 on: January 21, 2022, 10:27:58 pm »
I was about to ask if he had a rival called Drone King.

:lmao nice.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1721 on: January 23, 2022, 01:03:03 pm »
Quick question: will the expansion of Anfield allow it to host a Europa League final? (and presumably the Conference.)
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline seenitall

• Main Stander
  • Liverpool FC has the most knowledgeable supporters
« Reply #1722 on: January 23, 2022, 01:25:15 pm »
Quick question: will the expansion of Anfield allow it to host a Europa League final? (and presumably the Conference.)

My understanding is that Liverpool’s pitch is too short at 101m length by 68 width to hold European finals. UEFA require pitches to be a minimum of 105m by 68m

Offline daindan

• lyin clock......
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1723 on: January 24, 2022, 12:12:54 am »
Anyone know where I can see the diagrams of the tiers were it had the new upper/lower/hospo
Thanks

Offline kopdude81

• Main Stander
« Reply #1724 on: January 24, 2022, 12:17:14 am »
Anyone know where I can see the diagrams of the tiers were it had the new upper/lower/hospo
Thanks

Knock yourself out!

https://lar.liverpool.gov.uk/planning/index.html?fa=getApplication&id=133837
"This is to remind our lads who they're playing for, and to remind the opposition who they're playing against."

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #1725 on: January 24, 2022, 02:52:59 pm »
"Mister Drone, that's his name;
That name again, it's Mister Drone"

Brilliant.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1726 on: January 24, 2022, 03:15:53 pm »
"Mister Drone, that's his name;
That name again, it's Mister Drone"

Really want an account called the Drone King to start covering the project now.
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Gamertag: Chosen John

Online Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #1727 on: January 24, 2022, 03:22:46 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/9iZQvsgX6sg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/9iZQvsgX6sg</a>

Cheeky fucker has used my drawing.

For context - whats gone up so far (red) whats yet to do (orange)

Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #1728 on: January 24, 2022, 04:51:56 pm »
Haha I thought he had. Draw a camouflaged penis in the next one.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #1729 on: January 24, 2022, 06:54:01 pm »
Cheeky fucker has used my drawing.
Why is there a 1970s scally Kopite in the encapsulated roof space of your drawing? Tradition? 🤔😊

The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1730 on: January 24, 2022, 07:22:03 pm »
Why is there a 1970s scally Kopite in the encapsulated roof space of your drawing? Tradition? 🤔😊

Remember in the 70s when a few would climb up and sit on the kop roof and watch the game ...mad bastards

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1731 on: January 24, 2022, 07:29:34 pm »
Remember in the 70s when a few would climb up and sit on the kop roof and watch the game ...mad bastards
I remember it well.  8)

Those inside the roof, on the rafters, were like a gang of monkeys. I always expected one to fall off onto the crowd below but, thankfully, none ever did. Nutters they were. 🐒
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1732 on: January 25, 2022, 12:17:10 am »
Did it for St Ettiene, got in late, was so packed couldn't make my way through to my usual spot with my mates in the middle, shinned up into the roof, even as a kid was scary got about twenty yards out, shit myself, got back down at halftime ;D
I was right in the middle for St. Etienne. Got in very early though. What a night.

I'd never have had the nerve to climb up into the roof. I get queasy on a step ladder.

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1733 on: January 25, 2022, 06:20:12 pm »
For context - whats gone up so far (red) whats yet to do (orange)

So the new stand won't have the external structural beams that we see on the other three stands? How have they managed that?
Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"

Offline Uncle Ronnie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1734 on: January 25, 2022, 06:41:16 pm »
So the new stand won't have the external structural beams that we see on the other three stands? How have they managed that?

Offline meady1981

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #1735 on: January 25, 2022, 07:02:42 pm »
I think it’s going to be held up by drones

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1736 on: January 25, 2022, 07:07:56 pm »
If I recall correctly, people who are familiar with such things were saying that the roof truss on this stand will be built into the roof itself rather than being above it. In the encapsulated roof section?

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #1737 on: January 25, 2022, 10:57:52 pm »

Is such a thing even possible...?

...yes it is!
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline kopite321

• Bi-polar skyscraper
  • Kopite
« Reply #1738 on: January 26, 2022, 11:40:33 am »
Lift shaft core raising ... pictures by Taggy's Bar on twitter...

https://twitter.com/taggysbar/status/1486293086351376385
During the recording sessions in Los Angeles, Spector held Johnny at gunpoint, forcing him to repeatedly play a riff.

Offline meady1981

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #1739 on: January 26, 2022, 01:20:38 pm »
Lift shaft core raising ... pictures by Taggy's Bar on twitter...

https://twitter.com/taggysbar/status/1486293086351376385

Me and my childish mind…

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1740 on: January 28, 2022, 12:36:44 am »

This question has been answered on Skyscrapercity. https://www.skyscrapercity.com/threads/liverpool-anfield-stadium-54-074-61-000.210414/page-772

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #1741 on: January 28, 2022, 10:27:33 pm »
Mister Drone's latest work.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/PlaHHgGsxao" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/PlaHHgGsxao</a>

Offline kopite321

• Bi-polar skyscraper
  • Kopite
« Reply #1742 on: January 29, 2022, 05:16:05 am »
Some decent close ups taken at ground level yesterday.

https://youtu.be/vZvgBIpJcAE
During the recording sessions in Los Angeles, Spector held Johnny at gunpoint, forcing him to repeatedly play a riff.

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1743 on: January 31, 2022, 07:33:15 pm »
This question has been answered on Skyscrapercity. https://www.skyscrapercity.com/threads/liverpool-anfield-stadium-54-074-61-000.210414/page-772

Thanks I see now, a picture paints a thousand words. As an Engineer, I find that forum incredibly interesting.
 8)
Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1744 on: January 31, 2022, 07:56:40 pm »
My understanding is that Liverpool’s pitch is too short at 101m length by 68 width to hold European finals. UEFA require pitches to be a minimum of 105m by 68m

Thanks.

It's a pity we couldn't lengthen the pitch and have adjustable goalposts, but there's obviously very little point in doing so just for the chance to host a final.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1745 on: January 31, 2022, 08:18:23 pm »
Thanks.

It's a pity we couldn't lengthen the pitch and have adjustable goalposts, but there's obviously very little point in doing so just for the chance to host a final.

Don't give Man City any ideas.

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #1746 on: February 1, 2022, 12:15:35 am »
Thanks.

Al's yer man if you need help moving goalposts ;)

(Only joking, Al ;D )
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #1747 on: February 1, 2022, 01:32:07 am »

(Only joking, Al ;D )

:lmao
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #1748 on: February 1, 2022, 05:03:05 am »
Gang of twats  ;D ;D
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1749 on: February 1, 2022, 02:58:05 pm »

(Only joking, Al ;D )

Liar! 😁

Popcorn's Art

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1750 on: February 1, 2022, 11:16:11 pm »

(Only joking, Al ;D )

🤣🤣🤣
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #1751 on: February 10, 2022, 10:08:48 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/kcdx9ualDR4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/kcdx9ualDR4</a>

Offline meady1981

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #1752 on: February 17, 2022, 11:29:57 am »
I love the fact that on SSC there’s currently some guy getting wound up by the aesthetics of the join between the main stand and the new one, posting loads of diagrams suggesting how they ‘should have done it’. And on here… nothing. Not a thing for a week. No one gives a shit, just happy it’s getting done and look forward to a few pictures now and again.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1753 on: February 17, 2022, 11:43:11 am »
I love the fact that on SSC there’s currently some guy getting wound up by the aesthetics of the join between the main stand and the new one, posting loads of diagrams suggesting how they ‘should have done it’. And on here… nothing. Not a thing for a week. No one gives a shit, just happy it’s getting done and look forward to a few pictures now and again.

That's SSC for you.

Online Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #1754 on: February 17, 2022, 02:06:40 pm »
Had a quick look. As you say - SSC in a nutshell. No idea what they're looking at, don't understand drawings. Saying the Annie Road roof truss (which is being demolished) should be moved a few metres back. Mixing up the structural zone for the new roof truss with the actual truss for the Main Stand Roof and putting seating in it. Sorting out the corner detail by photoshopping out the Sir Kenny stand and replacing it with a copy of the Main Stand...

Bless
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1755 on: February 17, 2022, 02:20:26 pm »
Had a quick look. As you say - SSC in a nutshell. No idea what they're looking at, don't understand drawings. Saying the Annie Road roof truss (which is being demolished) should be moved a few metres back. Mixing up the structural zone for the new roof truss with the actual truss for the Main Stand Roof and putting seating in it. Sorting out the corner detail by photoshopping out the Sir Kenny stand and replacing it with a copy of the Main Stand...

Bless

Next they start doing stupid stuff like putting a vortex either side for cars to pass through, or helta skelta slides in the corners for quicker exits.

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #1756 on: February 17, 2022, 05:19:09 pm »
Next they start doing stupid stuff like putting a vortex either side for cars to pass through, or helta skelta slides in the corners for quicker exits.
Meady's already done that hasn't he ?

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1757 on: February 17, 2022, 05:25:15 pm »

Offline kopdude81

• Main Stander
« Reply #1758 on: February 17, 2022, 06:03:27 pm »
"This is to remind our lads who they're playing for, and to remind the opposition who they're playing against."

Offline kopdude81

• Main Stander
« Reply #1759 on: February 17, 2022, 06:07:23 pm »