Author Topic: MoTD thread  (Read 659016 times)

Offline Zimagic

• Legacy Fan
  • Liar, liar with your drawers on fire......
Re: MOTD thread
« Reply #5600 on: October 7, 2019, 08:54:51 am »
Lineker on Mane.

Lineker on Kane vs Arsenal the other week.

No hypocrisy or xenophobia there.  ::)

The Mané comment was obviously tongue in cheek. I though it was funny.  ;D
"Truth, Justice, Freedom, Reasonably-Priced Love and a Hard-Boiled Egg!"

Online Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #5601 on: October 7, 2019, 10:05:44 am »
Some of you lot really need to get a life. W@hy watch it if you hate it so much? There are loads of other shows about football.

I watch it for what it is - a highlights show with a bit of superficial analysis after five or so minutes of each game. Getting wound up because Spud shits on Liverpool again is a waste of energy and makes absolutely fuck all difference to anything. 

As for moaning about how much Shearer or Lineker earns - you do realise you're watching highlights of games where managers and players are earning millions for being average at best.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Online Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #5602 on: October 7, 2019, 10:06:43 am »
The Mané comment was obviously tongue in cheek. I though it was funny.  ;D

Of course it was. He's a Leicester fan.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #5603 on: October 7, 2019, 11:20:25 am »
Some of you lot really need to get a life. W@hy watch it if you hate it so much? There are loads of other shows about football.

I watch it for what it is - a highlights show with a bit of superficial analysis after five or so minutes of each game. Getting wound up because Spud shits on Liverpool again is a waste of energy and makes absolutely fuck all difference to anything. 

I'd got into the habit a few years ago of fast-forwarding through the analysis; not because I thought it was biased, but because half the time I couldn't be arsed with it.

Since coming on this forum, I've started watching it again, and predictably get annoyed. Masochist.

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5604 on: October 7, 2019, 12:22:36 pm »

I'd got into the habit a few years ago of fast-forwarding through the analysis; not because I thought it was biased, but because half the time I couldn't be arsed with it.

Since coming on this forum, I've started watching it again, and predictably get annoyed. Masochist.

Me too. Will listen to Klopp's interview, but that's about it. The majority of "analysis" is poor when compared to some contributors on here, other sites and The Wrap. It just adds nothing. Same goes for commentary and co commentary, I watch most games on silent. It's actually a better watch because you don't get wound up by the rubbish they talk. You don't need commentary when watching live, so you don't when watching on the telly.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #5605 on: October 7, 2019, 12:24:03 pm »
Watch the highlights, ignore everything else. Listen to one of the many podcasts for some better insight.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #5606 on: October 7, 2019, 12:40:18 pm »
Watch the highlights, ignore everything else. Listen to one of the many podcasts for some better insight.

Exactly

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #5607 on: October 7, 2019, 02:28:57 pm »

Saturday was a rarity for me in that I watched it live. I normally do skip the interviews and analysis. Coupled with it being a 3pm kick off you probably had more than normal watching it live and therefore commenting on the crap analysis.

For the most part it doesn’t really bother me and I think Lineker is sound, we all know he’s a Leicester fan and I don’t find him bad towards us. Even Shearer who comes across as a dour, miserable git on MOTD showed in his 5 Live stint on the Barca game that he’s not a robot and he doesn’t hate us. Easy for us to over react to their rubbish punditry but in the grand scheme of things it doesn’t really matter!

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5608 on: October 7, 2019, 02:32:01 pm »
Think Shearer is miserable with everyone to be fair.

Let’s thank our lucky stars they don’t have Mills on. 100% wouldn’t watch it if he got promoted from Radio to Telly.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #5609 on: October 7, 2019, 02:46:05 pm »
Saturday was a rarity for me in that I watched it live. I normally do skip the interviews and analysis. Coupled with it being a 3pm kick off you probably had more than normal watching it live and therefore commenting on the crap analysis.

For the most part it doesn’t really bother me and I think Lineker is sound, we all know he’s a Leicester fan and I don’t find him bad towards us. Even Shearer who comes across as a dour, miserable git on MOTD showed in his 5 Live stint on the Barca game that he’s not a robot and he doesn’t hate us. Easy for us to over react to their rubbish punditry but in the grand scheme of things it doesn’t really matter!

It's Shearer's inconsistency and hypocrisy over fouls & penalties that fucks me off. Has nobody ever brought this up with him?

I know Keown looks like he's been cobbled together with random body parts and lightning, but he always seems balanced (not just due to his very thick boots!), and Wrighty's OK, along with a few other irregulars.

But Murphy & Jenas are utter turd, and Phil Neville is just white noise.

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Online dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5610 on: October 7, 2019, 02:50:44 pm »
Shearer has still got a lot  of credit in the bank for me after his co commentary on the Barca second leg

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5611 on: October 7, 2019, 03:42:38 pm »
Still amazed at Keown stating Pereira should've passed to Rashford while he was offside  ;D
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #5612 on: October 7, 2019, 06:33:49 pm »
Taped MOTD2 and just watched it now. I'm not afraid to say this and I've never really looked at him this way before, but I'd well shag Gary Linker.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #5613 on: October 20, 2019, 10:31:44 pm »
Time to see who’s opinions I can get riled by tonight. :D

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5614 on: October 20, 2019, 10:42:44 pm »
Time to see who’s opinions I can get riled by tonight. :D

Murphy is on so expect him to say Origi went down too easily.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #5615 on: October 20, 2019, 10:45:18 pm »
Murphy is on so expect him to say Origi went down too easily.

They’re entitled to say it’s no foul in isolation but they won’t have the brains to say how many cheap free kicks United won in the first half hour whenever we breathed on them.

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5616 on: October 20, 2019, 10:52:50 pm »
They’re entitled to say it’s no foul in isolation but they won’t have the brains to say how many cheap free kicks United won in the first half hour whenever we breathed on them.

No. No they're not. As professional pundits and having seen it from all angles then if anyone comes out with anything other than it's a foul is clearly inept, biased, or doing a clickbait exercise.

It's a kick on a players leg from behind, with no possibility/intention of playing the ball. 

A foul.
All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #5617 on: October 20, 2019, 10:54:42 pm »
No. No they're not. As professional pundits and having seen it from all angles then if anyone comes out with anything other than it's a foul is clearly inept, biased, or doing a clickbait exercise.

It's a kick on a players leg from behind, with no possibility/intention of playing the ball. 

A foul.

I’d say it was a clear foul too. Usual twitter shite I’ve seen neutrals claiming he went down easily and it wasn’t. They’re wrong but they’re also ignoring the soft fouls they got before that.

Offline Father Ted

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5618 on: October 20, 2019, 11:06:30 pm »
Enjoy it whilst it lasts, Ole. You’ll be looking like a haggered tramp and trying to explain away another dismal defeat soon enough.

Offline Judge Red

• Kopite
« Reply #5619 on: October 20, 2019, 11:45:04 pm »
I keep hearing that the kick wasn’t enough to go down. I tell you what, I’ll boot you in the leg and see if you go down. It was a foul. It’s not subjective either. It couldn’t be clearer.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5620 on: October 21, 2019, 12:38:46 am »
"I mean, I'm not saying it was a foul and a free kick, but it was a free kick!"  - Danny Murphy

Of course, he didn't say it exactly like that, but he might as well have. You know, the way Shearer says "Oh, that wasn't a dive. It was just clever play!" whenever Harry Kane dons his speedo trunks in the box and cheats, or how Scholes like to say "It's just a good honest going for the ball tackle" when he sees someone's leg amputated from the knee down. Like, have some fucking bollocks and call a spade a spade. Say it was a foul. A foul meaning it was a free fucking kick, you baldy c*nt.

Imagine of Hansen was still around today for this. Fucking hell, he'd probably headbutt someone.

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5621 on: October 21, 2019, 05:52:03 am »
So did they say it was a foul or not?
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5622 on: October 21, 2019, 11:21:59 am »
I'd love it if something similar happens to them at Anfield and Klopp quotes OGS' 'basketball' line back at him.

Online LFConor

• Kopite
  • Believer
« Reply #5623 on: October 21, 2019, 11:26:36 am »
I'd love it if something similar happens to them at Anfield and Klopp quotes OGS' 'basketball' line back at him.

Ole wont be in the job then, sadly
"If the supporters like me, it's not half as much as I like them"
Kenny Dalglish - 6/2/2011

6 European Cups and 19 Leagues thats what we call history

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5624 on: October 21, 2019, 11:27:15 am »
Ole wont be in the job then, sadly

But they've turned a corner?!?  And their season has kickstarted!?!??

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5625 on: October 21, 2019, 02:42:48 pm »
Gary Lineker is a jug eared twat

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #5626 on: October 22, 2019, 12:37:08 am »
Gary Lineker is a jug eared twat

Amen, brother
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5627 on: October 26, 2019, 10:21:44 pm »
This should be interesting. For Evertonians everywhere.  ;)

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5628 on: October 26, 2019, 10:24:25 pm »
I haven't see the goals in the Brighton-Everton game so looking forward to it.

Short arms already at fault for the first ;D
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Father Ted

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5629 on: October 26, 2019, 10:31:36 pm »
Great finish.

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5630 on: October 26, 2019, 10:31:42 pm »
This VAR nonsense is out of control. Just bin it for open play decisions

Funny on the blueshite though, quality finish there from Digne
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5631 on: October 26, 2019, 10:35:36 pm »
It's a complete mess really.  Imagine if we got done by a similar decision vs City in a few weeks.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5632 on: October 26, 2019, 10:48:09 pm »
Sean dyche doing his best to take the attention away from his shit team
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline Father Ted

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5633 on: October 26, 2019, 10:48:36 pm »
Not like him to moan.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5634 on: October 26, 2019, 10:51:16 pm »
Sean dyche doing his best to take the attention away from his shit team

Ha I thought the same thing. And it's coming from someone who has Ashley Barnes in his team.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5635 on: October 26, 2019, 10:57:13 pm »
Pundits in defending English player for diving shocker.

Offline iamnant

• ...call me Adam
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bob Mortimer stan account
« Reply #5636 on: October 26, 2019, 11:04:57 pm »
Pundits in defending English player for diving shocker.
I just laughed out loud at that.

Someone with too much time on their hands should make a compilation videos of the difference between their punditry on "diving" between English and non-English players.
"If anyone at my funeral has a long face, I'll never speak to them again."
Stan Laurel

Offline Father Ted

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5637 on: October 26, 2019, 11:05:46 pm »
Why was Vardy giving it to the Saints fans after every goal? Shhhhhh-ing them when they’re 8-0 down?

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5638 on: October 26, 2019, 11:14:35 pm »
Why was Vardy giving it to the Saints fans after every goal? Shhhhhh-ing them when they’re 8-0 down?

It wasn't him, someone had his password.
Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5639 on: October 26, 2019, 11:16:01 pm »
Perez was also giving them the cupped ears celebration after each of his goals so I'm guessing the Southampton fans were giving them some stick.

It's also entirely possible that both Vardy and Perez are just chippy characters who enjoy winding up opposition fans.