Author Topic: Members Sales  (Read 2090263 times)

Offline daindan

• lyin clock......
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Members Sales
« Reply #14960 on: July 7, 2020, 07:49:46 pm »
The start of next season needs to have crowds again imo. If you don't want to go then don't go but got to return to normal at some point.

It’s not gonna be returning to pre-Covid normal anytime soon in the UK. For the new normal to include crowds at games, these local lockdowns can’t be happening, and they will have to be strict rules I.e no alcohol before or during the game etc.  It just takes one drunk idiot to turn up at Anfield, refuse to wear a mask and socially distance to ruin it.  Also this new software will have to be accurate with crowds, something which hasn’t been tested yet. Also crucially the cctv at Anfield needs to work, something which hardly does. Also think the season ticket update was always  due to take place in the off season to limit disruption.

Offline willss

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14961 on: July 7, 2020, 08:02:59 pm »
It’s not gonna be returning to pre-Covid normal anytime soon in the UK. For the new normal to include crowds at games, these local lockdowns can’t be happening, and they will have to be strict rules I.e no alcohol before or during the game etc.  It just takes one drunk idiot to turn up at Anfield, refuse to wear a mask and socially distance to ruin it.  Also this new software will have to be accurate with crowds, something which hasn’t been tested yet. Also crucially the cctv at Anfield needs to work, something which hardly does. Also think the season ticket update was always  due to take place in the off season to limit disruption.

I guess the alcohol doesn't help but go down any street and you'll see many sober people who aren't social distancing.  Also how on earth do you stop people having beers on the way or even at home before they go to the match.

Offline daindan

• lyin clock......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14962 on: July 7, 2020, 08:18:12 pm »
I guess the alcohol doesn't help but go down any street and you'll see many sober people who aren't social distancing.  Also how on earth do you stop people having beers on the way or even at home before they go to the match.

I have no idea, but I wonder how many people will still go if it’s no food or drink kiosks at the ground and strict queuing for the toilet.

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #14963 on: July 7, 2020, 10:17:24 pm »
I have no idea, but I wonder how many people will still go if it’s no food or drink kiosks at the ground and strict queuing for the toilet.
Everyone...except hospitality.
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline daindan

• lyin clock......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14964 on: July 7, 2020, 11:51:47 pm »
Everyone...except hospitality.
I disagree, there will be some that wouldn’t want to go back, especially if they can’t get their half time pint with their mates. Imagine going to the match socially distanced, wearing a mask, unable to speak to anyone, and no half time pint or pie, would get depressing after a bit especially if the games bad. Some of the older folk would hate it also. With hospitality you cannot socially distance anyway, so the club would have to take a huge hit by reducing prices to a level that doesn’t mean increases to general admission tickets in future seasons. I would suspect they’d close the pubs by the ground also, to limit numbers.
« Last Edit: July 8, 2020, 12:22:13 am by daindan »

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14965 on: July 8, 2020, 01:29:09 am »

Can you only pass covid on if you have a pint? Is it only contagious to people that have had pints and spread among them? People that haven't had a pint are immune?
What if one sober idiot turns up and refuses to wear a mask or socially distance? Do you then stop all sober people attending the game?
« Last Edit: July 8, 2020, 01:32:01 am by Barneylfc∗ »
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline daindan

• lyin clock......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14966 on: July 8, 2020, 08:53:57 am »
Can you only pass covid on if you have a pint? Is it only contagious to people that have had pints and spread among them? People that haven't had a pint are immune?
What if one sober idiot turns up and refuses to wear a mask or socially distance? Do you then stop all sober people attending the game?

You obviously have the people that are asymptomatic etc, but all the stuff coming out since the pubs have reopened are stating drunk people are more likely not able to socially distance. https://www.itv.com/news/2020-07-05/crystal-clear-drunk-people-will-not-stick-to-social-distancing-rules. Even the Crystal Palace chairman has said alcohol and social distancing doesn’t work. Clubs will have to make sure anyone drunk or not wearing a mask is not allowed in. Ultimately this will need a lot of planning, giving the vulnerable groups adequate protection and guarantees that it’s safe etc.
« Last Edit: July 8, 2020, 09:12:15 am by daindan »

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14967 on: July 8, 2020, 09:06:36 am »
Thats more to do with the people than the drink. They're thick c*nts. I left work on Friday at 12pm and had a pint in my hand 3 minutes later. Didn't leave the bar until 11. I was able to socially distance from everyone inside the bar and also while outside smoking.
So just because some bunch of stupid c*nts in London weren't able to control themselves, everyone that can enjoy 2 or 3 pints without acting like a wanker shouldn't be allowed to go to a football game?
For every photo of a bunch of dickheads in London, there's a photo of a bunch of dickheads not socially distancing while being stone cold sober at a beach and other mass gatherings. 

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #14968 on: July 8, 2020, 09:08:47 am »
I disagree, there will be some that wouldn’t want to go back, especially if they can’t get their half time pint with their mates. Imagine going to the match socially distanced, wearing a mask, unable to speak to anyone, and no half time pint or pie, would get depressing after a bit especially if the games bad. Some of the older folk would hate it also. With hospitality you cannot socially distance anyway, so the club would have to take a huge hit by reducing prices to a level that doesn’t mean increases to general admission tickets in future seasons. I would suspect they’d close the pubs by the ground also, to limit numbers.
They’re not going to let people back into stadiums if they’re not allowed to talk and masks are obligatory. Your original post only referred to food and drink from kiosks which I think if you can’t go 2 hours without in exchange for watching currently the greatest team on the planet then your not in it the same as I am. There’s nothing stopping you bringing in your own water and food.
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline daindan

• lyin clock......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14969 on: July 8, 2020, 09:14:04 am »
They’re not going to let people back into stadiums if they’re not allowed to talk and masks are obligatory. Your original post only referred to food and drink from kiosks which I think if you can’t go 2 hours without in exchange for watching currently the greatest team on the planet then your not in it the same as I am. There’s nothing stopping you bringing in your own water and food.

Are you actually allowed to bring water into the ground, I thought every ground bans plastic bottles as we can use them as a missile?
« Last Edit: July 8, 2020, 09:23:06 am by daindan »

Offline daindan

• lyin clock......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14970 on: July 8, 2020, 09:21:58 am »
Thats more to do with the people than the drink. They're thick c*nts. I left work on Friday at 12pm and had a pint in my hand 3 minutes later. Didn't leave the bar until 11. I was able to socially distance from everyone inside the bar and also while outside smoking.
So just because some bunch of stupid c*nts in London weren't able to control themselves, everyone that can enjoy 2 or 3 pints without acting like a wanker shouldn't be allowed to go to a football game?
For every photo of a bunch of dickheads in London, there's a photo of a bunch of dickheads not socially distancing while being stone cold sober at a beach and other mass gatherings.

That’s good self control to be honest, I’m guessing you mean Saturday not Friday? I see your point, but then are is the general opinion to blame Drunk  football fans for everything. Yes the beaches/protests/outside the pubs had a lack of social distancing, but people will just blame our fans and ignore everything else  cos of what happened with the firework at the pierhead.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #14971 on: July 8, 2020, 09:23:30 am »
Are you actually allowed to bring water into the ground, I thought every ground bans plastic bottles as we can use them as a missile?

Some grounds are picky about it (eg Old Trafford), most will just take the lid off your bottle. Maybe they'd relax it a bit more if you couldn't buy them inside. I mean, I am thinking there won't be away fans for a while so you're unlikely to chuck a bottle at your own players (Everton aside maybe...)
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Online Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14972 on: July 8, 2020, 09:27:04 am »
That’s good self control to be honest, I’m guessing you mean Saturday not Friday? I see your point, but then are is the general opinion to blame Drunk  football fans for everything. Yes the beaches/protests/outside the pubs had a lack of social distancing, but people will just blame our fans and ignore everything else  cos of what happened with the firework at the pierhead.

No, I mean Friday.

Offline daindan

• lyin clock......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14973 on: July 8, 2020, 09:39:39 am »
No, I mean Friday.

Just seen your not from England so explains it my bad
« Last Edit: July 8, 2020, 09:46:12 am by daindan »

Offline daindan

• lyin clock......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14974 on: July 8, 2020, 09:45:00 am »
Some grounds are picky about it (eg Old Trafford), most will just take the lid off your bottle. Maybe they'd relax it a bit more if you couldn't buy them inside. I mean, I am thinking there won't be away fans for a while so you're unlikely to chuck a bottle at your own players (Everton aside maybe...)
I think they could do what they do abroad, Plastic water pouches. Yeh I was thinking about away fans, could be like the red star game I.e no away fans and Annie Road is for young fans 17-21 or something.  I think having kids on their own in their would violate some law

Online D🐶G

• Sworn enemy of C🙀T
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #14975 on: July 8, 2020, 09:57:54 am »
Some won’t want to go back because they can’t have a half time pint? They’ll turn their noses up at going to watch the best Liverpool team in a generation just because they can’t have a half time pint?

More fool them then.

Do these people you’re referring to, not go to European matches then? As they’d have the same issue there in not being able to get their half time pint too.

Regardless of restrictions and what you can or can’t do while in the ground, the first chance we’ve got of welcoming full crowds back, there’ll be a full crowd there and thousands more who want to go that will miss out on tickets.
Twitter - @ElmDag - 19 League Titles • 8 FA Cups • 9 Football League Cups • 16 FA Charity Shields • 6 UEFA European Cups • 3 UEFA Cups • 4 UEFA European Super Cups • 1 FIFA Club World Cup

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14976 on: July 8, 2020, 10:06:21 am »
The coming to the ground pissed thing will apply to away fans far more than home fans.

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14977 on: July 8, 2020, 10:07:57 am »

Nope, I always get let in with a plastic coke bottle. They dont even make you take the tops off anymore

Offline Oh Campione

• Anny Roader
« Reply #14978 on: July 8, 2020, 10:09:56 am »
Some won’t want to go back because they can’t have a half time pint? They’ll turn their noses up at going to watch the best Liverpool team in a generation just because they can’t have a half time pint?

More fool them then.

Do these people you’re referring to, not go to European matches then? As they’d have the same issue there in not being able to get their half time pint too.

Regardless of restrictions and what you can or can’t do while in the ground, the first chance we’ve got of welcoming full crowds back, there’ll be a full crowd there and thousands more who want to go that will miss out on tickets.

Says someone who doesn't go to European matches as we've been able to get a pint for a bit now...

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #14979 on: July 8, 2020, 10:13:41 am »
If it stops blokes climbing all over you to get past to the toilets every 5 minutes then I say stop any drinks being sold in the ground permanently ;D
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline daindan

• lyin clock......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14980 on: July 8, 2020, 10:15:27 am »
Nope, I always get let in with a plastic coke bottle. They dont even make you take the tops off anymore

Reminds me of what my mates do at some sporting events that have similar polices, put vodka in a water bottle to fool security.

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14981 on: July 8, 2020, 10:19:10 am »

You're right, people won't avoid it because of a lack of a pint, but perhaps being forced to wear a mask and social distance will be a deterrent as you can't really enjoy half time or have a decent chat with your mates. Be hard to have a great atmosphere too - and presumably you'd be paying the same or more for a ticket.

We'd easily fill a crowd even if there was a monumental second wave but that in itself is pretty worrying. Fan safety and inclusion is paramount. Not just "filling a crowd" full of whoever doesn't really care about the covid situation or their wider community and NHS. I think this whole "we'd still have fans that will go" argument is extremely moot. We have regular fans who are high-risk and will more than likely be not wanting to take those risks and I say this as someone in a low risk category.
« Last Edit: July 8, 2020, 10:21:08 am by RainbowFlick »
YNWA.

Online D🐶G

• Sworn enemy of C🙀T
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #14982 on: July 8, 2020, 10:22:10 am »
Says someone who doesn't go to European matches as we've been able to get a pint for a bit now...
Been going European matches for 20 years mate. So you’re as wrong with that, as I was in referencing the obviously now defunct no alcohol policy at Anfield on European nights.

Apologies for that, just read that it changed for the 2018/2019 season. Don’t drink at the match and never had, which is obviously why I was out of touch on that front.

Regardless though, just can’t see why not being able to have a half time pint or not would have any bearing on whether you choose to go the match or not.
« Last Edit: July 8, 2020, 10:35:32 am by D🐶G »
Twitter - @ElmDag - 19 League Titles • 8 FA Cups • 9 Football League Cups • 16 FA Charity Shields • 6 UEFA European Cups • 3 UEFA Cups • 4 UEFA European Super Cups • 1 FIFA Club World Cup

Online D🐶G

• Sworn enemy of C🙀T
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #14983 on: July 8, 2020, 10:30:50 am »
You're right, people won't avoid it because of a lack of a pint, but perhaps being forced to wear a mask and social distance will be a deterrent as you can't really enjoy half time or have a decent chat with your mates. Be hard to have a great atmosphere too - and presumably you'd be paying the same or more for a ticket.

We'd easily fill a crowd even if there was a monumental second wave but that in itself is pretty worrying. Fan safety and inclusion is paramount. Not just "filling a crowd" full of whoever doesn't really care about the covid situation or their wider community and NHS. I think this whole "we'd still have fans that will go" argument is extremely moot. We have regular fans who are high-risk and will more than likely be not wanting to take those risks and I say this as someone in a low risk category.
I’ve referenced phased returns and limited capacities several times throughout this thread. Mainly on how I feel the ticketing side of things could work, rather than the actual feasibility of actually implementing it, but in all reality, I just can’t see how it is doable or what real purpose it’ll serve.

Say in theory, we had an initial capacity of 10,000 upon returning to crowds in grounds. You space people out as much as you can when in their seat, you check their temperature on the way in and you have increased hand washing stations. What about before and after the game, are you not going to open the pubs around the ground or in town?

I just can’t see the point really and find the idea of it all rather pointless and counter productive. When the time comes, it may as well be all or nothing surely?

The thing is though, until (IF) a vaccine is found, life to a certain extent has changed and we do need to adapt our ways in everything we do. The same will probably apply to going the match and if there’s social changes needed to enable us to go again and certain sacrifices that need to be made, then I’m sure most will be happy to do it in order to get back inside Anfield.
« Last Edit: July 8, 2020, 10:32:57 am by D🐶G »

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14984 on: July 8, 2020, 11:05:25 am »
I go on my own, and with the way the club sells tickets, so do a lot of people so half time is absolutely irrelevant to me. In fact I wish we didnt even have half time.

Even the rare occasions I go with a mate I am capable of waiting a couple of hours for a drink

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14985 on: July 8, 2020, 11:07:49 am »
I’ve referenced phased returns and limited capacities several times throughout this thread. Mainly on how I feel the ticketing side of things could work, rather than the actual feasibility of actually implementing it, but in all reality, I just can’t see how it is doable or what real purpose it’ll serve.

Say in theory, we had an initial capacity of 10,000 upon returning to crowds in grounds. You space people out as much as you can when in their seat, you check their temperature on the way in and you have increased hand washing stations. What about before and after the game, are you not going to open the pubs around the ground or in town?

I just can’t see the point really and find the idea of it all rather pointless and counter productive. When the time comes, it may as well be all or nothing surely?

The thing is though, until (IF) a vaccine is found, life to a certain extent has changed and we do need to adapt our ways in everything we do. The same will probably apply to going the match and if there’s social changes needed to enable us to go again and certain sacrifices that need to be made, then I’m sure most will be happy to do it in order to get back inside Anfield.

How feasible is it to fit a plastic screen in between every seat? Make masks compulsory, zero food and drink open.

If we're waiting for a time when the virus is 100% gone that's never going to come until a vaccine is found.

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14986 on: July 8, 2020, 11:10:12 am »
And even if the vaccine is found and mass produced, you've then got the problem of the growing number of flat-earth anti-vaxxers as well
« Last Edit: July 8, 2020, 11:15:07 am by scouser102002 »

Offline Tommypig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14987 on: July 8, 2020, 11:21:08 am »
How feasible is it to fit a plastic screen in between every seat?

Have you ever sat in the lower Sir Kenny 🤣🤣🤣

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14988 on: July 8, 2020, 11:27:17 am »

Have you ever sat in the lower Sir Kenny 🤣🤣🤣

Haha, plenty of times.

It doesn't need to go to the ground does it, just shoulder height up would do so shouldn't affect the already limited leg room

Online Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14989 on: July 8, 2020, 11:34:28 am »
How feasible is it to fit a plastic screen in between every seat? Make masks compulsory, zero food and drink open.

If we're waiting for a time when the virus is 100% gone that's never going to come until a vaccine is found.

It wouldn't be feasible at all unless you're only doing the back of each seat. You couldn't have them at the side of the seats as you wouldn't be able to get beyond the first seat in the row. There's barely enough space with the seats up to walk in the row, so having screens there at the side of each seat wouldn't be possible.

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14990 on: July 8, 2020, 11:43:07 am »
Can't see that article, but guessing it's just speculating about a phased return?

Is it just me who can't be arsed with it. This behind closed doors is shite. I've always dreamed of footy every night of the week and now I've got it and I can't even be that bothered to watch my own side, let alone any others. It's shite and I'm not even trying to kid myself into being positive on it as I was at the start and pretending to enjoy German footy - I see everyone else gave up that one as well.

But the thought of 10k fans in a ground is also shite. Maybe a bit less shite than no fans. But still shite. (Not to mention around the actual safety element).

I'd rather just wait I think. All or nothing. But then that's shite on players at their peak.

Conclusion. Choose the least shite option. It's just going to be shite for a while - and oddly I'm really not even bothered at the moment.

Offline FTH

• Main Stander
« Reply #14991 on: July 8, 2020, 12:52:27 pm »
Might be why they're rushing through the ST fan update now. Need to know who's in the ground for track and trace purposes etc
It is

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14992 on: July 8, 2020, 04:55:21 pm »

Offline Carllfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14993 on: July 10, 2020, 05:42:38 am »
For the home matches that have been cancelled this season, I wonder if they will count towards credits next season when and if fans are allowed back in?

Online GWats77

• Anny Roader
« Reply #14994 on: July 10, 2020, 01:33:45 pm »

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14995 on: July 10, 2020, 01:40:28 pm »
I was tested on Monday, no results back yet but if negative maybe they could let me in tomorrow and Wednesday :D

Offline ChrisLFCKOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14996 on: July 10, 2020, 01:42:30 pm »
Potential hope for fans for next season -

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-everton-fans-could-allowed-18574635

Depressing even with this I can see I wont get to a game anytime soon.  Who is going to pay for it all? The league, the club, the fans?

Online GWats77

• Anny Roader
« Reply #14997 on: July 10, 2020, 01:56:36 pm »
Depressing even with this I can see I wont get to a game anytime soon.  Who is going to pay for it all? The league, the club, the fans?

Well this is a third party tester, which each team is paying something in the region of #40,000 a month for tests. Im sure they will be happy to test fans for a price.

Who knows with renewing your membership you may get a 10% discount on a test!!!!

Online GWats77

• Anny Roader
« Reply #14998 on: July 10, 2020, 02:00:02 pm »
I was tested on Monday, no results back yet but if negative maybe they could let me in tomorrow and Wednesday :D

Go and take your note down and ask if you can bump in to see them lift the trophy. Hope its a negative result.

I was wondering about the trophy lifting, with the scenes that happened when we won the league (or rather when Man city lost) and all the fans around the ground, I cant see them use the Chelsea game at home to lift the trophy.

With Newcastle the last game of the season which is away I think it will be more likely it will happen there, being rather far from Liverpool.

Offline NeoAdjuvant

• Kopite
« Reply #14999 on: July 10, 2020, 04:54:21 pm »
For the home matches that have been cancelled this season, I wonder if they will count towards credits next season when and if fans are allowed back in?

Yep, I think about this more than I should do as I'm on 12 without the cancelled games and 13 if they count them.

Sigh.
But like the jet engine, there's sadly very little this country does better than having the raw materials to do something truly amazing that would benefit the whole of society only to piss it away due to a total lack of long term thinking and/or suspicion of anything European.