Author Topic: Spurs: fucking useless  (Read 2606394 times)

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Spurs
« Reply #12240 on: May 13, 2018, 09:17:28 pm »
Poch dropping “back me or sack me” threats to Levy? I think the stadium is seriously overspent and cash flow is becoming a problem.

Joe Anderson take note

Lots of managers do that, if he was leaving he wouldn't care about being backed.

Offline Theoldkopite

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Survived The Boy's Pen in the 60's.
« Reply #12241 on: May 13, 2018, 09:48:45 pm »

Balls thought I was in the Spanish footy thread.

Anyway- Spurs are shite

;D ;D :wellin :wellin :wellin

Offline cornelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Beware the beast man, for he is the Devil's pawn"
« Reply #12242 on: May 13, 2018, 10:25:13 pm »
Spurs fans celebrating finishing above Liverpool like it's some sort of fantastic achievement is the most Spurs thing ever.
Will be the last time it happens for a long time.

Offline LFC when it suits

• Not got a fucking clue. Life is well, a bit of a long time. And that unconditional support thing can be a bit of a drag. Something better may come along. circumscribed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12243 on: May 13, 2018, 10:45:51 pm »
Does that make them European Champions in their own right?

Back to back European Champions by finishing above us and Real Madrid in the same season.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #12244 on: May 13, 2018, 11:24:54 pm »
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12245 on: May 13, 2018, 11:28:40 pm »
A definite power struggle going on at Spurs.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/may/13/mauricio-pochettino-spurs-future-daniel-levy-spending-transfers?CMP=share_btn_tw

It's not going to be a struggle though. A power struggle is say, Ferguson vs those Irish lads who owned the horses - Levy holds every ounce of power at Spurs.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12246 on: May 13, 2018, 11:36:18 pm »
It's not going to be a struggle though. A power struggle is say, Ferguson vs those Irish lads who owned the horses - Levy holds every ounce of power at Spurs.

Well, in that case, it will only be a matter of time before they'll be looking for a new manager, Pochettino won't stay for long under those conditions.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12247 on: May 13, 2018, 11:38:18 pm »

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12248 on: May 13, 2018, 11:40:27 pm »
You really wonder how much longer they can keep this up, how much more patience will the fans have with no trophies? Also, the control Levy has it just not sustainable forever.

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12249 on: May 13, 2018, 11:40:54 pm »
Well, in that case, it will only be a matter of time before they'll be looking for a new manager, Pochettino won't stay for long under those conditions.

Good. Harry Kane player-manager.

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #12250 on: May 13, 2018, 11:45:23 pm »
Poch at Chelsea or Arsenal next season. :P

« Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 11:48:18 pm by RedSince86 »
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12251 on: May 13, 2018, 11:49:56 pm »

Doesn't he sleep at night on top of a huge pile of money? I'm sure that's pretty comfortable.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #12252 on: May 14, 2018, 12:20:31 am »

You know you want to Poch

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #12253 on: May 14, 2018, 08:32:34 am »
This 'thing' with Spurs is weird to me....not a traditional rival, like City....so do not have any strong dislike towards them.

They're rivals at the moment so naturally there's gonna be some competitiveness there, and fans will get caught up in it. Twitter brings out the worst in everyone, so not a great thing to go by to base any real opinions...

Thought Harry Kane was a decent fella however, until this season. Been shown up a bit, and everybody took a lot of pleasure of ripping into him despite spurs fans claiming it was just us  ;D nice attempt to isolate them scousers again but nah, he's just shown himself to be a bit of a dick really, comments again yesterday to prove that and a lot of people have noticed. It's funny because it gets to him, nobody is really bothered to be honest.
Nothing wrong with his attitude if you dont try and pretend you're anything else....wouldn't be the first hungry, ego-driven, selfish striker....

Enough on him....they get a lot of leeway as a team in the media/officials too, which is probably another factor in it all. Not their fault but when they do all the diving and cheating that all other teams also do and have not as much repercussions its bound to piss people off. 

Poch has been interesting too recently. Have been hearing all season by him and fans alike that he wants to lead Spurs into their new era. Posturing to get a bumper contract? But few of his comments have been a bit strange, maybe he is starting to wonder what else he can do with this team...

They're a good team, have always liked watching them....but I hope they regress now. Was expecting it this season and they really just stalled if anything, actually did very well to keep in the top 4 with not that big a squad and do better than they have done in the CL than ever before.
But hopefully they go backwards now towards Arsenal's level and we can establish ourselves a bit higher up the table consistently

All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12254 on: May 14, 2018, 01:43:03 pm »
According to the Telegraph, Pochettino wants 150 million to spend, to sell and buy who he wants.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #12255 on: May 14, 2018, 01:48:13 pm »
According to the Telegraph, Pochettino wants 150 million to spend, to sell and buy who he wants.

£150m on top of sales?

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #12256 on: May 14, 2018, 01:50:32 pm »
£150m on top of sales?

must be, cos he spent over a 100 mill last season, so it must be on top.

If he carries on spending it on the likes of Sissoko, Jansen, Aurier and Llorente, I'd be all for it  ;D

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #12257 on: May 14, 2018, 01:50:37 pm »

Well, if someone wanted to engineer his way out of a contract, this is step #1 in that process.

Either that, or he's not entirely familiar with how the club he's been employed with for the past four seasons operates.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #12258 on: May 14, 2018, 02:16:36 pm »
Think it is quite clever from Pochettino.

He either gets his way and gets money to spend or he just sets expectations amongst Spurs fans and has an excuse if they do not win a trophy next season.

The bigger question may be why has he said this publicly. Does he want to stay and feel he hasn't got the backing, or is he looking for a way out?

I do think that if he wants to stay then he holds a significantly strong hand. If they continue to operate with a controlled structure, specifically wages, then people like Kane, Alli, Eriksen may start to question the Club's ambition.

We had it for years with top players wanting to leave because we weren't winning anything. I don't think it has ever been much of an issue for Spurs because I don't think they've ever had such a strong group of players. One genuine world class player and a few who have potential to be world class. The last top player they had went to Madrid for a world record fee. They are in a different situation now because collectively they are better - they have a squad and a manager who aren't far away from challenging on many fronts. It's not a case of having a star player and him being poached - they are risking the future of the squad.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #12259 on: May 14, 2018, 02:19:34 pm »
I'm struggling to see where Spurs finds £150m for him to spend, whilst ALSO giving new (huge) contracts to their biggest players and ALSO to any new signings (who will want parity).

I mean who have they got to sell who would bring in decent money who they'd be happy to let go?

Online Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
« Reply #12260 on: May 14, 2018, 02:35:07 pm »
I'm struggling to see where Spurs finds £150m for him to spend, whilst ALSO giving new (huge) contracts to their biggest players and ALSO to any new signings (who will want parity).

I mean who have they got to sell who would bring in decent money who they'd be happy to let go?

They would probably get decent money for Dembele, although I'm not sure which top club would be willing to spend big money on him. Maybe United will come back in for Dier this summer?
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #12261 on: May 14, 2018, 02:36:15 pm »
They would probably get decent money for Dembele, although I'm not sure which top club would be willing to spend big money on him. Maybe United will come back in for Dier this summer?

Spurs fan I work with reckons he’s going to chase the money in China.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #12262 on: May 14, 2018, 02:37:49 pm »

The two they'd probably be willing to sell, albeit reluctantly, Dembele and Alderweireld, are both out of contract next summer so only 12 months left.

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #12263 on: May 14, 2018, 02:39:30 pm »

With also repaying a £400m loan over 5 years.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Online Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
« Reply #12264 on: May 14, 2018, 02:39:43 pm »
Spurs fan I work with reckons he’s going to chase the money in China.

Makes sense at his age. They could easily get around £40-50m. It leaves a big hole in their midfield though. At that point, they will only be left with Wanyama, Dier, Sissoko, and Winks to play in a midfield two.
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12265 on: May 14, 2018, 02:40:25 pm »
I can see them selling Dembele,Aldervwield and Rose for a decent amount of money.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #12266 on: May 14, 2018, 02:42:07 pm »
With also repaying a £400m loan over 5 years.

I assume they are going to refinance that £400m, and the other £5-600m they need to find to fund the full £1bn stadium, but yeah - really don't know how they find £150m on top of paying for the stadium.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #12267 on: May 14, 2018, 02:47:27 pm »
I can see them selling Dembele,Aldervwield and Rose for a decent amount of money.

Said Spurs fan also reckons Rose might be off to United.

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #12268 on: May 14, 2018, 02:48:14 pm »
I assume they are going to refinance that £400m, and the other £5-600m they need to find to fund the full £1bn stadium, but yeah - really don't know how they find £150m on top of paying for the stadium.

They have to be looking at an Arsenal-type financial plan at the moment: Champions League qualification and no more for multiple seasons to pay off dept, low-net spend and hope that one or two cheaper signings create extra value and becoming better players.

Trouble arrives when they have to replace the likes of Kane, Dele, Ericksson and Loris with cheap merchandise.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #12269 on: May 14, 2018, 02:49:09 pm »

They aren't going to get it through naming rights, every Spurs fan I know has been saying how they can't wait to "go back to White Hart Lane" next season. Staying on the same site has screwed it in that regard.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #12270 on: May 14, 2018, 02:52:52 pm »
They aren't going to get it through naming rights, every Spurs fan I know has been saying how they can't wait to "go back to White Hart Lane" next season. Staying on the same site has screwed it in that regard.

Levy has already come out and said it's going to have to be called the Tottenham Hotspurs Stadium, presumably because they can't find a suitable company willing to pay what they need, but that's going to devalue it even more as absolutely no one is going to call it that and will almost certainly call it WHL as you said.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12271 on: May 14, 2018, 03:41:30 pm »
Rose, Alderweirald and Dembele are absolutely certain to go. They should pocket close to £100m from them and only Dembele is first choice at the moment.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #12272 on: May 14, 2018, 03:45:02 pm »
Rose, Alderweirald and Dembele are absolutely certain to go. They should pocket close to £100m from them and only Dembele is first choice at the moment.

I'd be amazed if they got anywhere near as much as that for them. Rose is the only one not out of contract next summer, but as you said he isn't a starter and they aren't going to get more than say £20-25m for him. Same for Alderweireld and Dembele imo.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #12273 on: May 14, 2018, 03:45:43 pm »

Dembele is 31 in July. Alderweireld is 29, 30 next year. Don't see how they're bringing in £100mill off those.

It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12274 on: May 14, 2018, 03:49:45 pm »
Dembele is 31 in July. Alderweireld is 29, 30 next year. Don't see how they're bringing in £100mill off those.

The market is crazy and inflated, contract or no contract. Dembele can probably get an offer of 25 from china and as well Alderwiereld, Rose will probably go for about 40-50 based on what they sold Walker for.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #12275 on: May 14, 2018, 03:52:11 pm »
The market is crazy and inflated, contract or no contract. Dembele can probably get an offer of 25 from china and as well Alderwiereld, Rose will probably go for about 40-50 based on what they sold Walker for.

China aren't paying inflated fees anymore due to the tax plus not a chance anyone pays £40-50m for Rose. They'd be fucking idiots if they did.

Alderwiereld is the only one who may go for £40m+, but even then I really don't think he will.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12276 on: May 14, 2018, 03:53:50 pm »
China aren't paying inflated fees anymore due to the tax plus not a chance anyone pays £40-50m for Rose. They'd be fucking idiots if they did.

Alderwiereld is the only one who may go for £40m+, but even then I really don't think he will.

Watch and learn. United will probably pay 40 million for him.

I don't see anyone spending 40 on Alderwiereld when his clause is 25.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #12277 on: May 14, 2018, 04:07:11 pm »
Watch and learn. United will probably pay 40 million for him.

I don't see anyone spending 40 on Alderwiereld when his clause is 25.

Next summer, though. We spent £35m on Oxlade when he was free the following summer. An extra year of service from a top-class central defender for an extra £15m seems reasonable in this market.

Rose I still see being swapped for Shaw + money from United. Dembele's a tough one, his age would put some off but there'd be plenty of interest. I'm not convinced Spurs will sell him personally.

Offline lorenzo

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #12278 on: May 14, 2018, 04:19:16 pm »
Harry Kane has challenged Liverpool's Mohamed Salah to repeat his record-breaking goal tally to be recognised as a "great".

"It's good to have competition, it's great for the Premier League to have two players at the 30-goal mark," he said.

"Personally for me, it was a target to improve on last year, obviously 29, and it was nice to get to that 30-goal mark.

"Mo has done great this year, he deserves it, he deserves the Golden Boot, I am looking forward to the competition again next year.

"For me, it is about doing it year after year. This is my fourth year now and the first time I have got to 30 goals in the Prem, now it's about getting to 30 goals for the next two or three years, that's the aim.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11372388/harry-kane-tells-mohamed-salah-to-repeat-golden-boot-heroics-to-become-a-great-player

;D

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #12279 on: May 14, 2018, 04:20:00 pm »
Not bitter at all is he? Took Salah one season to do what he did in 4 season, and Salah bettered it.