Author Topic: Spiders....  (Read 147556 times)

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Spiders....
« Reply #2040 on: September 9, 2021, 09:21:48 am »
I’m just struggling to comprehend how this bastard squeezed through the grill to get up. Anyone, he’s gone now, no thanks to me.

You've seen one squeeze into a car through a locked trunk. A plug hole is a piece of piss for these guys.  :D

Case in point, I was just about to run a bath for myself this morning only to find one of the spindly legged types had got into my tub. I think he'd only just clambered in. Probably sneaked in due to the heavy rain, but I marched him straight back into the garden.

Going to have to put the plugs in now, but they'll probably just come on through the overflow drain. Hopefully when I'm not in there!
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2041 on: September 9, 2021, 09:53:47 am »
You've seen one squeeze into a car through a locked trunk. A plug hole is a piece of piss for these guys.  :D

Case in point, I was just about to run a bath for myself this morning only to find one of the spindly legged types had got into my tub. I think he'd only just clambered in. Probably sneaked in due to the heavy rain, but I marched him straight back into the garden.

Going to have to put the plugs in now, but they'll probably just come on through the overflow drain. Hopefully when I'm not in there!

When did you move to America?
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2042 on: September 9, 2021, 10:04:52 am »
When did you move to America?

I've known my online American friends for 20 years, so sometimes I switch vernacular :D

Popcorn's Art

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #2043 on: September 10, 2021, 04:17:18 pm »
Turned the light on last night and saw a big one shoot under the bed before I had a chance to get a slipper  :butt
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online Slippers

• atennerandwesaynomoreyeah?
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2044 on: September 10, 2021, 04:58:31 pm »
I spotted a medium sized specimen on the living room coving earlier today;chucked it out the front door straight at one of next door's builders who was having a ciggie break in our front garden.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2045 on: September 10, 2021, 05:48:23 pm »
I spotted a medium sized specimen on the living room coving earlier today;chucked it out the front door straight at one of next door's builders who was having a ciggie break in our front garden.

:lmao
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2046 on: September 18, 2021, 07:10:42 pm »
Was in a bar last night and I was sat in the corner, could feel webs on my leg. Just in front of me was a fireplace and suddenly this huge fucker comes strutting down the wall, the women shit themselves, screaming and panicking. My mate grabbed it and lobbed it into the fireplace, minute later the fucker is back walking up the wall next to me. Flicked it away with a beer mat and it legged it behind a picture before pissing off the other side of the fireplace

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #2047 on: September 19, 2021, 10:35:02 am »
I find it hard to believe that grown men are scared of a tiny little spider. A tiny little spider that is chomping all sorts of serious pests and insects that can genuinely harm you.

I love the little dudes. I rescue them from the bath when they get stuck and don't throw them outside any more (They die outside if they aren't from there) and let them get on with their lovely little teeny-tiny spidery business.

They are so cuddly and you're a bunch of wusses :D
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #2048 on: September 19, 2021, 10:59:35 am »
Love spiders...very much the householders / gardeners friend...keep all sorts of pests at bay if you let them get on with it....and the beauty and intricacy of a spider's web is one of nature's glories
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #2049 on: September 19, 2021, 11:41:30 am »
Love spiders...very much the householders / gardeners friend...keep all sorts of pests at bay if you let them get on with it....and the beauty and intricacy of a spider's web is one of nature's glories

I have one in my toilet and he's got a lovely web going and I'm amazed by just how many teeny flies he catches. There is another one in the downstairs shower behind the toilet in there and he's absolutely huge, but walks out when I come downstairs and looks at you. I call him Bob.

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2050 on: September 19, 2021, 01:56:08 pm »
I have one in my toilet and he's got a lovely web going and I'm amazed by just how many teeny flies he catches. There is another one in the downstairs shower behind the toilet in there and he's absolutely huge, but walks out when I come downstairs and looks at you. I call him Bob.
You should start charging them both rent.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2051 on: September 19, 2021, 02:26:50 pm »
Was in a bar last night and I was sat in the corner, could feel webs on my leg. Just in front of me was a fireplace and suddenly this huge fucker comes strutting down the wall, the women shit themselves, screaming and panicking. My mate grabbed it and lobbed it into the fireplace, minute later the fucker is back walking up the wall next to me. Flicked it away with a beer mat and it legged it behind a picture before pissing off the other side of the fireplace

Pity the fire wasn't going.

Popcorn's Art

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2052 on: September 20, 2021, 09:48:17 pm »
I find it hard to believe that grown men are scared of a tiny little spider. A tiny little spider that is chomping all sorts of serious pests and insects that can genuinely harm you.

I love the little dudes. I rescue them from the bath when they get stuck and don't throw them outside any more (They die outside if they aren't from there) and let them get on with their lovely little teeny-tiny spidery business.

I agree with you Andy.

This thread is a complete embarrassment for most in here.

Offline Brissyred

• RAWK's Great Uncle Google......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2053 on: September 20, 2021, 10:57:17 pm »

I was the same back in the UK, not so much now tho'

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #2054 on: September 21, 2021, 12:12:15 am »
I was the same back in the UK, not so much now tho'

I must admit if I was in Australia and had to put up with some of the giant and/or poisionous bastards over there then I'd be playing a different tune :)

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2055 on: September 21, 2021, 07:46:15 am »
I must admit if I was in Australia and had to put up with some of the giant and/or poisionous bastards over there then I'd be playing a different tune :)

I prefer the big fuck off ones like Tarantulas, it's the UK ones I have a stupid phobia about. I can look at them UK spiders, pick them up when wearing gloves, but couldn't grab one with my bare hands and cannot relax if one is in the house. I'm sure its because of my Dad as he was a right fanny where spiders are concerned.

Anyway, just heard about this on the radio, £11 for peace of mind

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Spiderex-Spider-Repellent-Aerosol-Cameras/dp/B003R0E9V6/ref=asc_df_B003R0E9V6/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=225363222612&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=7560349730111170119&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9046613&hvtargid=pla-382521949333&psc=1

Offline Jwils21

• Justwindy,innit,lowestspeed21 (knots)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2056 on: September 28, 2021, 11:05:27 am »
I prefer the big fuck off ones like Tarantulas, it's the UK ones I have a stupid phobia about. I can look at them UK spiders, pick them up when wearing gloves, but couldn't grab one with my bare hands and cannot relax if one is in the house. I'm sure its because of my Dad as he was a right fanny where spiders are concerned.

I'm the same - not really arsed about the smaller ones and if it wasn't for the missus being absolutely terrified i'd let them be. The giant house spiders though are just creepy little bastards.

It's bizarre psychology however that given the choice i'm sure most people would prefer to be in the room with a mosquito, which literally drinks your blood from your body, than a spider which is virtually harmless.

Still creepy though.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #2057 on: September 28, 2021, 11:27:40 am »
The big house spiders though...have they been there all year round? Do they head indoors (probably not, surely the clue is in the name).

Offline Jwils21

• Justwindy,innit,lowestspeed21 (knots)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2058 on: September 28, 2021, 11:59:19 am »
The big house spiders though...have they been there all year round? Do they head indoors (probably not, surely the clue is in the name).

Apparently they live indoors all year round but only venture out around this time of year to mate. Weird how you hardly ever see them throughout the year though.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #2059 on: September 28, 2021, 12:10:21 pm »
I'm the same - not really arsed about the smaller ones and if it wasn't for the missus being absolutely terrified i'd let them be. The giant house spiders though are just creepy little bastards.

It's bizarre psychology however that given the choice i'm sure most people would prefer to be in the room with a mosquito, which literally drinks your blood from your body, than a spider which is virtually harmless.

Still creepy though.
That's true.

The usually harmless spider or the mozzy that causes illness to 700,000,000 people a year and kills more than 1,000,000 of them. The mozzy that has killed half of the human beings that have ever lived.

The spider is (usually) our friend.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #2060 on: September 28, 2021, 12:16:52 pm »
Apparently they live indoors all year round but only venture out around this time of year to mate. Weird how you hardly ever see them throughout the year though.

There's been 4 really big fuckers that have got stranded (and ultimately died) in our shower tray. It's become like the arachnid version of the elephant's graveyard (or would if I didn't keep picking them up and putting them down the bog)

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #2061 on: September 28, 2021, 12:18:27 pm »

There's been 4 really big fuckers that have got stranded (and ultimately died) in our shower tray. It's become like the arachnid version of the elephant's graveyard (or would if I didn't keep picking them up and putting them down the bog)

Maybe it’s the same one and a quick dunk and flush down the big revives it?

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #2062 on: September 28, 2021, 03:40:15 pm »
Shower tray?  Just remember (even a get out clause if you're a scaredy cat)

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/nEsBt5QHSQk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/nEsBt5QHSQk</a>

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #2063 on: September 28, 2021, 06:37:14 pm »
Just rescued a massive one from the bath.

Missus said "Where are you going with that"

So I said "Outside" but released him in a far corner of the house - little fella would drown out there today.

I didn't realise that some spiders owned boots before today.

Online leinad

• Kopite
« Reply #2064 on: October 2, 2021, 07:33:46 pm »

They're godless creatures full of hate.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2065 on: October 2, 2021, 07:34:59 pm »
Back living in a house after 5 years in high up apartments... forgotten how many of the big fuckers come out to torment humans at this time of year.

Caught one out the corner of my eye last night running across the floor, it was that big I thought it was a mouse when I first caught sight of it.

Online Slippers

• atennerandwesaynomoreyeah?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2066 on: October 2, 2021, 07:57:35 pm »
I've only seen two in the house so far,I think the dog might be eating them.

Offline liversaint

• Beach boy giver of yuletide joy to ha-run-run-reindeer
  • Legacy Fan
  • Settle down Beavis
« Reply #2067 on: October 2, 2021, 08:53:46 pm »
Confession time..

Back in the day I worked for a while on nights at Kwik Save and we used to find the odd one amongst the fruit and veg. One night we found one as big as a mans hand and popped it in a till.

It made an appearance and scuttled up the till and back into the shop around an hour after opening time. Apparently the cashier  screamed, jumped off and legged it to the office screaming for us twats on nights be sacked😀 and there was carnage whilst the manager eventually cornered it

She came back when we were on shift and called us everything under the sun. Manager went mad but as he couldn’t prove we’d done it couldn’t do much in the end. She laughs about it now. Just.
You say Honey? I say Fuck off.

You dont win friends with Salad

There is another option. Mr Ferguson organises the fixtures in his office and sends it to us and everyone will know and cannot complain. That is simple.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2068 on: October 21, 2021, 04:21:35 pm »
After a visit to the dentist this morning I was driving to the shops in Crosby when something catches my eye just above me.

I look up, and out crawls one of those massive, black, hairy spiders that you normally get in the house in Autumn emerging from behind my sun visor.  :o

I was hoping he didn't take a tumble and fall into my lap, but he did his best Mission Impossible impression and made it across to the passenger side sun visor before crawling behind it. Once I parked up at the shops I evicted him and he toddled off into someone's garden. I usually get little money spiders in the car from time to time, but this was a monster.  :o

The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #2069 on: October 21, 2021, 05:21:07 pm »
After a visit to the dentist this morning I was driving to the shops in Crosby when something catches my eye just above me.

I look up, and out crawls one of those massive, black, hairy spiders that you normally get in the house in Autumn emerging from behind my sun visor.  :o

I was hoping he didn't take a tumble and fall into my lap, but he did his best Mission Impossible impression and made it across to the passenger side sun visor before crawling behind it. Once I parked up at the shops I evicted him and he toddled off into someone's garden. I usually get little money spiders in the car from time to time, but this was a monster.  :o

Jesus, I’d have crashed instantly I think. :D

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2070 on: October 21, 2021, 05:29:38 pm »
Jesus, I’d have crashed instantly I think. :D
There was a time when I probably would have ended up going through a hedge or garden wall if that had come out.

I must have mellowed on spiders in my old age.

I'm not sure how I'd have fared if it had fallen into my lap though.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2021, 05:31:13 pm by Son of Spion* »

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #2071 on: October 21, 2021, 05:32:28 pm »
There was a time when I probably would have ended up going through a hedge or garden wall if that had come out.

I must have mellowed on spiders in my old age.

I'm not sure how I'd have fared if it had fallen into my lap though.

I remember once at uni putting my jeans on which had been in a heap on the floor it what was a very messy room in fairness when I felt a bit of a tickle in one of the legs (wonder where this is going...). I stepped back out of the jeans and gave them a shake and a pretty big bastard came scuttling out. Horrible!

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2072 on: October 21, 2021, 05:33:51 pm »
I remember once at uni putting my jeans on which had been in a heap on the floor it what was a very messy room in fairness when I felt a bit of a tickle in one of the legs (wonder where this is going...). I stepped back out of the jeans and gave them a shake and a pretty big bastard came scuttling out. Horrible!
Too close for comfort, that.  :o

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #2073 on: October 21, 2021, 05:48:50 pm »

And then I burnt the car to ashes, and then burnt the garden where the spider was, and then I burnt the house attached to the garden where the spider was...

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2074 on: October 21, 2021, 05:53:05 pm »
And then I burnt the car to ashes, and then burnt the garden where the spider was, and then I burnt the house attached to the garden where the spider was...
              :lmao

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #2075 on: November 15, 2021, 11:18:53 am »
Not spiders, but equally grim and still arachnid based...

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-59274686

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2076 on: November 17, 2021, 06:31:32 pm »
My aunt in Australia just found this thing on her kitchen door. 

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #2077 on: November 17, 2021, 06:32:17 pm »

Places to visit

A. Australia

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #2078 on: November 17, 2021, 06:39:50 pm »

How long did it take to knit that?

Oh...it’s real. It’s almost so big it looks ridiculous but at the same time it’s so big you’d automatically shit your pants.

Where in Australia is she?

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2079 on: November 17, 2021, 07:16:13 pm »
How long did it take to knit that?

Oh...it’s real. It’s almost so big it looks ridiculous but at the same time it’s so big you’d automatically shit your pants.

Where in Australia is she?

She is in Adelaide. She has been there 40 years but is still shit scared of the spiders.