Author Topic: 1984 A Vintage Year  (Read 17977 times)

Offline Murf

• RAWK Wino
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sir Bob Paisley 10 years gone but not forgotten
1984 A Vintage Year
« on: April 11, 2005, 09:45:47 pm »
Thought I would share this photograph with you, its a photo taken by my other half, when she went to Anfield after that great year, sorry about the quality, its taken by my phone from the picture.
I have not got the negative to it and would love to get it blown up and framed, but last time I tried it came out blurred, any advice apreciated, one thing that I would swap in the middle, would be the cup Everton won that year, a team just down the road have that treble, and as you know, we nearly had it in 77.
You look at these old photos of our glory years and how you want to turn the clock back, go back to them days, lets hope we have that final in Istanbul and win the European cup for a 5th time and that will do me for NOW.
We went to that Rome final on a National Express coach, booked in the name of Euroline, what a coach journey that was, left Liverpool noon on the Sunday before overnight ferry from Sheerness to ljmuiden, jorney through to Austria, stayed one night, then two nights by the sea, just outside Rome, another stop off in Austria and arrived back dinner time Saturday.
Missed the tour through the City, I think, because if it was the Sunday, i was still recovering, anyway I have the full story somewhere on 5 pages of A4 somewhere, thank fuck I here you saying, he as lost it ;D

never forget the 96....... justice   www.contrast.org/hillsborough

NO GAME ON APRIL THE 15th please write to

Rick Parry
Chief Executive
Liverpool Football Club
Anfield Road
Liverpool
L4 0TH

Offline DK

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: 1984 A Vintage Year
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2005, 09:52:35 pm »
Nice one Murf.  How times (expectations) have changed.

Offline GingerRed

• Legacy Fan
  • 'There's no Mancs in 'ere lads!'
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2005, 09:52:56 pm »
Great picture mate. Unfortunately I missed out on all of these magnificent achievements - I was about six months old when that was taken :(

Never mind, I'm looking forward to many more LFC trophies in the future.

Thanks for sharing.
Da Dang

Offline Forbsie

• Aka Fourbees
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11th August 1977...Remember the Date
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2005, 10:13:00 pm »
1984...only seems like yesterday and Joe's first season as manager and he wins the treble.

Happy memories John.
If Kenny Dalglish had simply played football for Liverpool he would be an Anfield hero. However, the fact that he managed the club to even greater success guarantees him the status of a legend.

Offline Murf

• RAWK Wino
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2005, 11:53:33 pm »
Seems like yesterday, but I cant remember who knocked us out the FA cup, doing my head in

Rick Parry
Chief Executive
Liverpool Football Club
Anfield Road
Liverpool
L4 0TH

Offline GingerRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2005, 11:55:07 pm »
Seems like yesterday, but I cant remember who knocked us out the FA cup, doing my head in

Brighton, believe it or not. 2-0 away from home

Da Dang

Offline silver 5 star

• Mistter Gramatticle. Heell corecct you're spelinng mistaikes
  • Legacy Fan
  • BUILD A NEW STADIUM - NO GROUNDSHARE!!!
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2005, 11:57:02 pm »
Thought I would share this photograph with you, its a photo taken by my other half, when she went to Anfield after that great year, sorry about the quality, its taken by my phone from the picture.
I have not got the negative to it and would love to get it blown up and framed, but last time I tried it came out blurred, any advice apreciated, one thing that I would swap in the middle, would be the cup Everton won that year, a team just down the road have that treble, and as you know, we nearly had it in 77.
You look at these old photos of our glory years and how you want to turn the clock back, go back to them days, lets hope we have that final in Istanbul and win the European cup for a 5th time and that will do me for NOW.
We went to that Rome final on a National Express coach, booked in the name of Euroline, what a coach journey that was, left Liverpool noon on the Sunday before overnight ferry from Sheerness to ljmuiden, jorney through to Austria, stayed one night, then two nights by the sea, just outside Rome, another stop off in Austria and arrived back dinner time Saturday.
Missed the tour through the City, I think, because if it was the Sunday, i was still recovering, anyway I have the full story somewhere on 5 pages of A4 somewhere, thank fuck I here you saying, he as lost it ;D

We went with a company called Amberline from Speke. 2 and a half days to get there. The bog on the coach packed in.  ;D

Homer couldn't have written a more epic journey!

Happy Days.
Then out spake brave Horatius, The Captain of the Gate; "To every man upon this earth Death cometh soon or late. And how can man die better Than facing fearful odds, For the  ashes of his fathers, And the temples of his gods. " FENWAY - Do not let us down! RAWK is boss lid

Offline silver 5 star

• Mistter Gramatticle. Heell corecct you're spelinng mistaikes
  • Legacy Fan
  • BUILD A NEW STADIUM - NO GROUNDSHARE!!!
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2005, 11:57:33 pm »
Brighton, believe it or not. 2-0 away from home

Was Jimmy melia the boss?
Then out spake brave Horatius, The Captain of the Gate; "To every man upon this earth Death cometh soon or late. And how can man die better Than facing fearful odds, For the  ashes of his fathers, And the temples of his gods. " FENWAY - Do not let us down! RAWK is boss lid

Offline Murf

• RAWK Wino
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2005, 12:00:02 am »
Our toilet was fucked by Watford also, but we stopped quite a lot, ended up getting to our fist hotel in Austria about 1am

Rick Parry
Chief Executive
Liverpool Football Club
Anfield Road
Liverpool
L4 0TH

Offline Ian-TN

• The slightly shop spoiled Jon Hall
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2005, 12:08:25 am »
Just to make yer's feel old, I was born in the October of that year ;)

:wave
To an interpreter, regarding excited Italian journalists:
'Just tell them I completely disagree with everything they say.'

Offline GingerRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2005, 12:08:40 am »
Was Jimmy melia the boss?
Chris Cattlin, I think.

Melia took them to the final the previous season, didn't he?
Da Dang

Offline GingerRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2005, 12:09:08 am »
Just to make yer's feel old, I was born in the October of that year ;)

:wave

Ha, me too. The 9th.
Da Dang

Offline Murf

• RAWK Wino
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2005, 12:18:34 am »
They also knocked us out at home

Rick Parry
Chief Executive
Liverpool Football Club
Anfield Road
Liverpool
L4 0TH

Offline alfonso

• Simply adores orange squash. With not one, not two either, but yea verily with three, that is correct, THREE ice cubes therein! Do not forget his straw though.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Salford - crime capital of England
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2005, 02:44:19 am »
They also knocked us out at home

Was that when Jimmy Case scored for Brighton?

Speaking of which, I wonder why he never participates in the legends games?
"I know Liverpool fans care more about their club's success than the national team." Rafael Benitez

"Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second." Bob Paisley

"When zonal marking goes wrong, the system is blamed. When man-to-man marking fails, an individual is blamed and the system goes uncriticised." A LFC fan talking sense

Offline docker

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2005, 09:24:00 am »
We went with a company called Amberline from Speke. 2 and a half days to get there. The bog on the coach packed in.  ;D

Happy Days.

did you go on their double deck, amberline was the happy als of todays traveller. didnt one of them get turned over in the car park after the game.
block 107

Offline Ponsonby

• Main Stander
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2005, 09:37:58 am »
did you go on their double deck, amberline was the happy als of todays traveller. didnt one of them get turned over in the car park after the game.

Happy Days.

Amberline was famous. I went on holiday with them.

As for getting beaten by Brighton, that was a nightmare. It's funny how you can hate teams that now seem silly. Brighton had beaten us at home the season before and I couldn't stick them as a result.

After Brighton, I hated Luton Town because they didn't turn up for the game at Anfield because of the weather and then beat us on the plastic. I hated Brighton and Luton Town - sounds stupid now.

Offline Forbsie

• Aka Fourbees
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2005, 09:52:21 am »
I hated Brighton and Luton Town - sounds stupid now.

Being an oldie sounds about right to me...still have nightmares about losing 2-1 at home to Brighton in the FA Cup  :o
If Kenny Dalglish had simply played football for Liverpool he would be an Anfield hero. However, the fact that he managed the club to even greater success guarantees him the status of a legend.

Offline Sweet Silver Song

• Rotation, rotation, rotation....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Proud not to be a hypocrite...
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2005, 09:57:30 am »
A truly great year. One of my best as a football supporter. I was too young (8-10 years old) to fully understand how good the sides of 77-79 were. But by 1984, and having become wiser on all things on planet football I was able to fully appreciate just how good we were. And how much respect we enjoyed in the game. That European cup run was awesome that year. To beat the Spanish champions on their soil followed by Benfica on theirs and then Dinemo Bucharest on their ground when everyone thought we’d get done. And then the final itself, when we played the Roma on their own patch and beat them. 

This was also the year I realised that despite having some of the best players around, the team didn’t really tick without Souness. I think it was a live televised game at Southampton, where Souness didn’t play because his father had just died. So the soon to be European champions took to the pitch against the not so mighty Southampton, who royally turned us over. It was just a shame that I couldn’t enjoy the final as much as I wanted, because I knew Souey was leaving.

Another footnote, everyone seems to praise Joe for winning the treble in his first season, but I would have to say that apart from Michael Robinson, who’s contributions were limited that season, the team was really Uncle Bob’s. 
« Last Edit: April 12, 2005, 10:03:31 am by Sweet Silver Song »
*With such simplicity the European cup is won.
**Sour-ness, will he get a shot? Now Dalglish...across the face of the goaaaalllll!
***Alan Kennedy!...He goes on...he scores!
****Liverpool need a Grobbelaar save...or a Conti miss. They've got a Conti miss!
*****And Liverpool have won it! They're back...outsiders all the way...

Offline Murf

• RAWK Wino
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2005, 10:28:39 am »
When we arrived at Sheerness about 7sh Sunday night, the pubs by the docks wernt open, obviously no trade at that time of night so wouldnt be worth it, so we all knocked at this pub door and good on the family they all mucked in and kept us fed with ale, till half nine, they made more money that night than all week.
Funny on the ferry, a round was a case of lager each, only those stubby bottles but 24 packs :) Any way anouncement on the tannoy "Duty free shop will be open 5 minutes after departure"  10 minutes into departure anouncement on tannoy  " SECURITY TO DUTY  FREE< SECURITY TO DUTY FREE " fuckin funny as fuck that, now to see someone trying to sell perfume by the disco we had only just left.

This thread is going to end up the whole story but in bits and pieces, not one for the writing lark, this was one of my best ever Euro aways, well any away, we always have a laugh when we get together talking about the coach journey from hell

Rick Parry
Chief Executive
Liverpool Football Club
Anfield Road
Liverpool
L4 0TH

Offline Forbsie

• Aka Fourbees
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2005, 10:34:15 am »
Funny on the ferry, a round was a case of lager each, only those stubby bottles but 24 packs :) Any way anouncement on the tannoy "Duty free shop will be open 5 minutes after departure"  10 minutes into departure anouncement on tannoy  " SECURITY TO DUTY  FREE< SECURITY TO DUTY FREE " fuckin funny as fuck that, now to see someone trying to sell perfume by the disco we had only just left.

:lmao

Keep it coming...enjoy reading stories about away trips.

Offline docker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2005, 10:40:52 am »
we drove via the mont blanc tunnel, took 2.5 days to get there including an overnight camping experience in the alps in an upside down tent, with corned beef sarnies as our staple diet.
block 107

Offline Murf

• RAWK Wino
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2005, 11:14:24 am »
On the ferry now half shot, all playing cards, now the DJ hadnt started yet when all of a sudden from across the room, one of the lads from another coach gets his guitar out and starts knocking out the Beatles, that was it, cards away the night as begun
After about an hour non stop Beatles, Liverpool songs, its time for the paid entertainment now, the DJ, how we couldnt wait (as if) he had no fuckin chance, every time he put a song on it got drowned out by the traveling Kop, in the end he realised, maybe if I play Beatles songs etc, I can sneak a few of my own in, well thats what he done and it was a great night.
Dont forget you have normal traveling passengers on board, and didnt they just love it and join in, the best was when he played YNWA. now singing this song is great, but doing it and swaying to the movemnt of the waves, was even better.

The next thing I remembermwas going for breakfast, it was one of those you pay Ł2 and eat as much as you want, well except softshite here, got caught trying to bunk in without paying, now I am not a tight bastard, but I always had this thing about not paying for things when your away, Fuck I was starving,

Rick Parry
Chief Executive
Liverpool Football Club
Anfield Road
Liverpool
L4 0TH

Offline docker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2005, 06:46:20 pm »
murf, dont forget the milk cup final, i went down to wembley on a north western coach from the old skelhorne street bus station, blue & white mixed buses everyone of them.
block 107

Offline Murf

• RAWK Wino
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2005, 04:27:36 pm »
Arrived at the hotel at 1am well to late for anything food, bar, fuck all really, good job we still had loads of ale on the coach, fuckin driver got lost.
Anyway 5 of us and was paired off except for one, who as with this weirdo, we used their room for a bevvy and cards, when this c*nt gets his bag out and pulls out a pair of pyjamas to put on, fuck me did he get some stick, his ma had deffo packed his bag for him.
Breakfast time now, and went for an hike up in the snowy mountains, scenery was fantastic, still cant remember were we stayed, but was sound, as we all boarded the coach, the manager gets on and says, this coach will not leave till the pictures are back on the wall in the upstairs  hallway, "well fuck me, Robbo said, who the fuck is going to rob a couple of pictures from the hotel "
During the night me and a mate called Jonesy, took some pictures of the wall and for some mad reason, put them in Robbo's case.
"Robbo, I said ! they are in your case " YOU FUCKIN WHAT he said, you bastards, he has never forgiven us for that, to stand up and walk to the front of the coach, getting all the bad looks as they took all the cases, bags off to get the pictures, dont forget we had to stay there on the way home also, wouldnt mind going to Austria one day for an holiday, lovely place.
Next stop Italy

Rick Parry
Chief Executive
Liverpool Football Club
Anfield Road
Liverpool
L4 0TH

Offline Forbsie

• Aka Fourbees
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2005, 04:29:43 pm »
Keep it coming John...thought you'd forgotten about this thread  ;)

Offline dom_d

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • Come on you Mighty Reds
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2005, 04:35:53 pm »
Boss photo Murf.

Reminds me of the time I saw all the cups in Liverpool Museum.

They had an exhibition there called 'Football Crazy', about the history of Merseyside football.

The crowning glory was the big (i mean big) glass case at the end of the room which contained (from what I can remember), the European Cup, the Canon League, the Milk Cup, the FA Cup (that Everton won) and also the Central League rugby league trophy (Wigan won that one. Don't know why it was there as well).

Happy Days ....

I was only 12 so I didn't manage to get a photo.

I wonder if there's anyone else who remembers this or has got some photos.

:)
« Last Edit: April 14, 2005, 04:37:59 pm by dom_d »
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are. In my time at Anfield we always said we had the best two teams on Merseyside, Liverpool and Liverpool reserves."

Offline Murf

• RAWK Wino
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2005, 04:43:43 pm »
Dom what winds me up is she has a photo holding the European cup, she went round the trophy room with her mate, thats when she took this, how I never went, at that time just not fuckin arsed, I am gutted, well jealous as fuck and I am always reminded :(

Rick Parry
Chief Executive
Liverpool Football Club
Anfield Road
Liverpool
L4 0TH

Offline dom_d

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • Come on you Mighty Reds
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2005, 04:46:38 pm »
That's outrageous.

I'm dead jealous as well.

;D
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are. In my time at Anfield we always said we had the best two teams on Merseyside, Liverpool and Liverpool reserves."

Offline Murf

• RAWK Wino
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2005, 07:11:42 pm »
Here's a couple of pics from Rome, first one is the coach, which was attacked with paint during the first nights stay, and the next day a couple of young Roma fans, who had lent us a footy for kicking about earlier

Rick Parry
Chief Executive
Liverpool Football Club
Anfield Road
Liverpool
L4 0TH

Offline Murf

• RAWK Wino
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2005, 07:14:08 pm »
quality is shit with the photos :( sorry about that

Rick Parry
Chief Executive
Liverpool Football Club
Anfield Road
Liverpool
L4 0TH

Offline campioni1984

• Fancies Paul Ince
  • Legacy Fan
  • 15 April 1989 YNWA
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2005, 10:24:08 pm »
Didn`t Brighton knock us out of the cup in 83? Melia was boss,Case scored the winner?Possibly the first ever Sunday game at Anfield?We missed a pen doen the Kop end?? Who the fuck knocked us out in 84?
THE REDS ARE COMING UP THE HILL BOYS

Offline Murf

• RAWK Wino
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2005, 10:51:17 pm »
Brighton knocked us out at the Goldstone ground and also knocked us out at Anfiel

Rick Parry
Chief Executive
Liverpool Football Club
Anfield Road
Liverpool
L4 0TH

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2005, 10:53:54 pm »
Didn`t Brighton knock us out of the cup in 83? Melia was boss,Case scored the winner?Possibly the first ever Sunday game at Anfield?We missed a pen doen the Kop end?? Who the fuck knocked us out in 84?

brighton knocked us out in 83 2-1 at anfield & 2-0 at the goldstone ground in 84

Offline campioni1984

• Fancies Paul Ince
  • Legacy Fan
  • 15 April 1989 YNWA
« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2005, 10:54:35 pm »
2 nought?   Always hated that Des Lynam ;)
THE REDS ARE COMING UP THE HILL BOYS

Offline redcabbage

• Main Stander
  • 5 times ***** we've only won it 5 times.
« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2005, 10:10:44 am »
journey sounds similar to ours.
wasn't the place in austria called mieders. only remember cos i got me ma a bathmat with the name on from the hotel. you can't roll up a picture from the wall.
the coach also looks similar, woke up to graffiti and a back window popped in.
on arriving in italy near midnight the coach dropped everyone in a small town for a bite to eat, within half an hour a gang of locals on scooters were congragating round the coach. everyone made there way back to the coach and we set off for the hotel with 40 scooters in tow. the driver had to stop at a police station til they had gone. overnight the window got popped.
Where d'ya get yer trainee's from? www.80scasuals.co.uk

Offline Murf

• RAWK Wino
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2005, 10:21:51 am »
You was the coach round the corner, spoke to your lads the next day, you had been attcked with the paint the same as us, did you have the bloke with the guitar on yours

Rick Parry
Chief Executive
Liverpool Football Club
Anfield Road
Liverpool
L4 0TH

Offline LFC_4EVA

• Anny Roader
  • Luis Garcia, he drinks sangria.....
« Reply #36 on: April 15, 2005, 02:14:36 pm »
1984 was a vintage year... it was the year I was born! Hahahaha

Offline Murf

• RAWK Wino
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2005, 11:31:37 am »
When we got to the Italian border, all the bizzies got on and were very jovial, all singing "Roma, Roma, Roma" with big cheesy grins, anyway gets to our hotel about 8sh another meal missed and straight to the bar at the top of the road, we met a few italians outside, but we noticed their group was getting biggger and bigger as we were speakin, then all of a sudden police came from everywhere, fucked all these Italians off, then explained, they were going around the town telling everyone English in the bars so were about to attack us. Fuckin hell they must have been waiting till they had 3 times the amount than us, because thy could have kicked off anytime, shitheads.

Anyway after closing time, they ran out believe it or not and not being a wine drinker we all went back to the hotel, drank to our hearts content on the beach patio thing, thatswhen the Roma fans must have sneaked up and painted the coach, they done a couple of coaches up the road and smashed one window on one of them, why, fuck knows, that night was a really boring night, not like you have now, all in the bars singing, we were outside the city by the beach and only 3 coach loads and half were bed people, boring twats

Rick Parry
Chief Executive
Liverpool Football Club
Anfield Road
Liverpool
L4 0TH

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #38 on: July 29, 2021, 02:37:51 am »
Season 1983/84 - The Treble...

Not only a Treble... but also a 3rd consecutive League Title win, as well as a 4th consecutive League Cup win (consisting of a 12-match 1984 League Cup campaign).

Some info and audio / video highlights from The Treble winning season...

Back row: Gary Gillespie, Alan Hansen, Michael Robinson, Bob Bolder, Bruce Grobbelaar, Mark Lawrenson, John McGregor.
Middle row: Ronnie Moran, Craig Johnston, Ronnie Whelan, Ian Rush, Steve Nicol, David Hodgson, Roy Evans.
Front row: Sammy Lee, Phil Thompson, Graeme Souness, Joe Fagan, Kenny Dalglish, Phil Neal, Alan Kennedy.

LFCHistory.net Season Info Page for 1983/84 : www.lfchistory.net/SeasonArchive/Games/25

Wikipedia Page for Liverpool's 1983/84 Season : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1983%E2%80%9384_Liverpool_F.C._season

Liverweb.org Season Info Page for 1983/84 : https://web.archive.org/web/20140108214251/http://www.liverweb.org.uk/season.asp?season=198384

Liverpool Wiki Page for the 1983/84 Season : https://liverpoolfc.fandom.com/wiki/1983-84_season

Match Highlights...

The 1983 Charity Shield : Manchester United 2-0 Liverpool:-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LJjvOyEhlUk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LJjvOyEhlUk</a>

^ www.lfchistory.net/SeasonArchive/Game/1341

League Match 1: Wolves 1-1 Liverpool:-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/I6NLIXUZOwU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/I6NLIXUZOwU</a>

^ www.lfchistory.net/SeasonArchive/Game/2417

League Match 2 : Norwich 0-1 Liverpool:-

^ www.lfchistory.net/SeasonArchive/Game/1342

League Match 3 : Liverpool 1-0 Nottingham Forest:-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/YrRVBGGhow0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/YrRVBGGhow0</a>

^ www.lfchistory.net/SeasonArchive/Game/1343

League Match 4 : Liverpool 1-1 Southampton:-

^ www.lfchistory.net/SeasonArchive/Game/1344

League Match 5 : Arsenal 0-2 Liverpool:-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LolE1_xGcCA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LolE1_xGcCA</a>

^ www.lfchistory.net/SeasonArchive/Game/1345

League Match 6 : Liverpool 2-1 Aston Villa:-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/7QcKJExxBm4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/7QcKJExxBm4</a>

^ www.lfchistory.net/SeasonArchive/Game/1347

League Match 7 : Manchester United 1-0 Liverpool:-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/DE1c66x08Rg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/DE1c66x08Rg</a>

^ www.lfchistory.net/SeasonArchive/Game/1348

League Match 8 : Liverpool 0-1 Sunderland:-

^ www.lfchistory.net/SeasonArchive/Game/1350

League Match 9 : West Ham 1-3 Liverpool:-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/aoo-ZfdNis4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/aoo-ZfdNis4</a>

^ www.lfchistory.net/SeasonArchive/Game/1352

League Match 10 : QPR 0-1 Liverpool:-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/z2MDQskTLjs" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/z2MDQskTLjs</a>

^ www.lfchistory.net/SeasonArchive/Game/1354

League Match 11 : Liverpool 6-0 Luton:-

^ www.lfchistory.net/SeasonArchive/Game/1356

League Match 12 : Liverpool 3-0 Everton:-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/0I8VNWBL5OU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/0I8VNWBL5OU</a>

^ www.lfchistory.net/SeasonArchive/Game/1358

League Match 13 : Spurs 2-2 Liverpool:-

^ www.lfchistory.net/SeasonArchive/Game/1360

League Match 14 : Liverpool 1-0 Stoke:-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/2hu4T0Qfyrs" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/2hu4T0Qfyrs</a>

^ www.lfchistory.net/SeasonArchive/Game/1361

League Match 15 : Ipswich 1-1 Liverpool:-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/tcArIE0lLkU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/tcArIE0lLkU</a>

^ www.lfchistory.net/SeasonArchive/Game/1363

League Match 16 : Liverpool 1-0 Birmingham:-

^ www.lfchistory.net/SeasonArchive/Game/1365

League Match 17 : Coventry 4-0 Liverpool:-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Dh0sS4TNxzY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Dh0sS4TNxzY</a>

^ www.lfchistory.net/SeasonArchive/Game/1366

League Match 18 : Liverpool 5-0 Notts County:-

^ www.lfchistory.net/SeasonArchive/Game/1367

League Match 19 : West Brom 1-2 Liverpool:-

^ www.lfchistory.net/SeasonArchive/Game/1370

League Match 20 : Liverpool 2-2 Leicester:-

^ www.lfchistory.net/SeasonArchive/Game/1371

League Match 21 : Nottingham Forest 0-1 Liverpool:-

^ www.lfchistory.net/SeasonArchive/Game/1372

League Match 22 : Liverpool 1-1 Manchester United:-

^ www.lfchistory.net/SeasonArchive/Game/1373

League Match 23 : Liverpool 0-1 Wolves:-

^ www.lfchistory.net/SeasonArchive/Game/1375

League Match 24 : Aston Villa 1-3 Liverpool:-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/i7DfFngCY-A" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/i7DfFngCY-A</a>

^ www.lfchistory.net/SeasonArchive/Game/1377

League Match 25 : Liverpool 3-0 Watford:-

^ www.lfchistory.net/SeasonArchive/Game/1380

League Match 26 : Sunderland 0-0 Liverpool:-

^ www.lfchistory.net/SeasonArchive/Game/1381

League Match 27 : Liverpool 2-1 Arsenal:-

^ www.lfchistory.net/SeasonArchive/Game/1383

League Match 28 : Luton 0-0 Liverpool:-

^ www.lfchistory.net/SeasonArchive/Game/1385

League Match 29 : Liverpool 2-0 QPR:-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/CIW1qE4u-_8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/CIW1qE4u-_8</a>

^ www.lfchistory.net/SeasonArchive/Game/1386

League Match 30 : Everton 1-1 Liverpool:-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/1bahT-sZ8OI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/1bahT-sZ8OI</a>

^ www.lfchistory.net/SeasonArchive/Game/1387

League Match 31 : Liverpool 3-1 Spurs:-

^ www.lfchistory.net/SeasonArchive/Game/1389

League Match 32 : Southampton 2-0 Liverpool:-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/AcHYZVDCT9Q" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/AcHYZVDCT9Q</a>

^ www.lfchistory.net/SeasonArchive/Game/1390

League Match 33 : Watford 0-2 Liverpool:-

^ www.lfchistory.net/SeasonArchive/Game/1394

League Match 34 : Liverpool 6-0 West Ham:-

^ www.lfchistory.net/SeasonArchive/Game/1395

League Match 35 : Stoke 2-0 Liverpool:-

^ www.lfchistory.net/SeasonArchive/Game/1397

League Match 36 : Leicester 3-3 Liverpool:-

^ www.lfchistory.net/SeasonArchive/Game/1398

League Match 37 : Liverpool 3-0 West Brom:-

^ www.lfchistory.net/SeasonArchive/Game/1399

League Match 38 : Liverpool 2-2 Ipswich:-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/i33RbLDB0-g" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/i33RbLDB0-g</a>

^ www.lfchistory.net/SeasonArchive/Game/1401

League Match 39 : Birmingham 0-0 Liverpool:-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/rCdvRhQqRyg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/rCdvRhQqRyg</a>

^ www.lfchistory.net/SeasonArchive/Game/1402

League Match 40 : Liverpool 5-0 Coventry:-

^ www.lfchistory.net/SeasonArchive/Game/1403

League Match 41 : 'Notts County 0-0 Liverpool' - a 15 minute video (penultimate day of the league season):-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/aVUO1fFh7OM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/aVUO1fFh7OM</a>

^ www.lfchistory.net/SeasonArchive/Game/1404

League Match 42 : 'Liverpool 1-1 Norwich City' - 3 minute video (final day of the league season):-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/QlqzSexE2cs" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/QlqzSexE2cs</a>

^ www.lfchistory.net/SeasonArchive/Game/1405

Final League Table...

^ from www.11v11.com/league-tables/league-division-one/19-may-1984 - with week-to-week league table for throughout the whole season.

1984 FA Cup...

3rd Round: Liverpool 4-0 Newcastle:-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/qdr58bLQVXg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/qdr58bLQVXg</a>

www.lfchistory.net/SeasonArchive/Game/1374

4th Round: Brighton 2-0 Liverpool:-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/csSSWim1Cmk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/csSSWim1Cmk</a>

www.lfchistory.net/SeasonArchive/Game/1379

1984 League Cup...

Road to the Wembley - The 1984 Milk Cup Final...

2nd Round; 1st Leg : Brentford 1 - 4 Liverpool:-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/tVm1RdXV3Qg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/tVm1RdXV3Qg</a>

www.lfchistory.net/SeasonArchive/Game/1351

2nd Round; 2nd Leg : Liverpool 4 - 0 Brentford:-

www.lfchistory.net/SeasonArchive/Game/1355

3rd Round : Fulham 1 - 1 Liverpool:-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/VwE49CAsOQc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/VwE49CAsOQc</a>

www.lfchistory.net/SeasonArchive/Game/1359

3rd Round; Replay : Liverpool 1 - 1 Fulham:-

www.lfchistory.net/SeasonArchive/Game/1362

3rd Round; 2nd Replay : Fulham 0 - 1 Liverpool:-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/NxT9qGkedNc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/NxT9qGkedNc</a>

www.lfchistory.net/SeasonArchive/Game/1364

4th Round : Birmingham City 1 - 1 Liverpool:-

www.lfchistory.net/SeasonArchive/Game/1368

4th Round; Replay : Liverpool 3 - 0 Birmingham:-

www.lfchistory.net/SeasonArchive/Game/1369

5th Round : Sheffield Wednesday 2-2 Liverpool:-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/dPSQzHIqU6w" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/dPSQzHIqU6w</a>

www.lfchistory.net/SeasonArchive/Game/1376

5th Round; Replay : Liverpool 3 - 0 Sheffield Wednesday:-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/744C0gCWR00" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/744C0gCWR00</a>

www.lfchistory.net/SeasonArchive/Game/1378

Semi Final; 1st Leg : Liverpool 2 - 2 Walsall:-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/AeP3Jb0r7vE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/AeP3Jb0r7vE</a>

www.lfchistory.net/SeasonArchive/Game/1382 

Semi Final; 2nd Leg : Walsall 0 - 2 Liverpool:-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/mOgv_ZYivd4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/mOgv_ZYivd4</a>

www.lfchistory.net/SeasonArchive/Game/1384

1984 League Cup Final : Liverpool 0 - 0 Everton : at Wembley

'Liverpool v Everton 25/03/1984 Milk Cup Final' - 42 minute highlights:-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/s7ObZSpyGUM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/s7ObZSpyGUM</a>

'1984 League Cup Final : Liverpool 0-0 Everton' - 6 minute highlights:-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Rv2dLKTthXg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Rv2dLKTthXg</a>

^ LFCHistory.net Match Info page: https://www.lfchistory.net/SeasonArchive/Game/1392

'1984 League Cup Final Replay : Liverpool 1-0 Everton' - 30 minute highlights:-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/TAN2BMYO9cs" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/TAN2BMYO9cs</a>

'30 seconds of the goal from the 1984 Milk Cup Final Replay':-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/fD4AzcODoO8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/fD4AzcODoO8</a>

^ LFCHistory.net Match Info page: www.lfchistory.net/SeasonArchive/Game/1393

'Home and Away was a TV programme broadcast in 1984 and focused on a group of Everton and Liverpool supporters, and their trip to Wembley for the Milk Cup Final - the first major cup final between the two clubs. The show also takes a look at the people who didn't go the match and what they got up to back in Liverpool. Home and Away also features footage of the game itself and also reaction of the players from both teams'...

Part 1 : www.youtube.com/watch?v=onUuVNUXqRo
Part 2 : www.youtube.com/watch?v=mo7YxXZONkA
Part 3 : www.youtube.com/watch?v=llY6u6Fl-54
Part 4 : www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zv2wEvLa_BA
Part 5 : www.youtube.com/watch?v=45MuMIAlDCc

1984 European Cup...

1st Round; 1st Leg : Odense Boldklub 0 - 1 LFC:-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/HCk2sE1E9SM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/HCk2sE1E9SM</a>

www.lfchistory.net/SeasonArchive/Game/1346

1st Round; 2nd leg : LFC 5 - 0 Odense Boldklub:-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ikZQCtMEMAs" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ikZQCtMEMAs</a>

www.lfchistory.net/SeasonArchive/Game/1349

2nd Round; 1st Leg : LFC 0 - 0 Athletic Bilbao:-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/DwcUC5Tn0eg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/DwcUC5Tn0eg</a>

www.lfchistory.net/SeasonArchive/Game/1353

2nd Round; 2nd Leg : Athletic Bilbao 0 - 1 LFC:-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/4pXWjTaq6NU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/4pXWjTaq6NU</a>

www.lfchistory.net/SeasonArchive/Game/1357

3rd Round; 1st Leg : LFC 1 - 0 Benfica:-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/YwAQ5iHSE74" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/YwAQ5iHSE74</a>

www.lfchistory.net/SeasonArchive/Game/1388

3rd Round; 2nd leg : Benfica 1 - 4 LFC:-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/C_gN54bElLw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/C_gN54bElLw</a>

www.lfchistory.net/SeasonArchive/Game/1391

Semi Final; 1st Leg : LFC 1 - 0 Dinamo Bucharest:-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Tyq8J-r7Mhw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Tyq8J-r7Mhw</a>

www.lfchistory.net/SeasonArchive/Game/1396

Semi Final; 2nd Leg : Dinamo Bucharest 1 - 2 LFC:-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/QFIdFf8dpgc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/QFIdFf8dpgc</a>

www.lfchistory.net/SeasonArchive/Game/1400

'1983-1984 European Cup: Liverpool FC All Goals (Road to Victory)':-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/krkIY75hSTc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/krkIY75hSTc</a>

1984 European Cup Final...

1984 European Cup Final : LFC 1-1 Roma (LFC win 4-2 on penalties) : www.lfchistory.net/SeasonArchive/Game/1406 : played at Stadio Olimpico, Rome.

'1984 European Cup Final : Liverpool 1-1 Roma (LFC win 4-2 on pens)' - 9 minute highlights; from UEFA:-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/FJ9so4Obhnk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/FJ9so4Obhnk</a>

^ or click here to watch - www.youtube.com/v/FJ9so4Obhnk

'1984 European Cup Final : Liverpool 1-1 Roma (LFC win 4-2 on pens)' - full game:-

www.dailymotion.com/video/x1ld3j4

'1984 Final highlights' (15 minutes; Italian comms):-

www.dailymotion.com/video/xya5ww

'Kings of Europe: 1984' - a 4 minute highlights video from LFC:-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/uxtwXXcjlSc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/uxtwXXcjlSc</a>

^ or here - www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/302381-watch-video-liverpool-fc-european-cup-1984

'3 minute highlights' (goals and penalties; with Des on comms):-

www.dailymotion.com/video/x541i2w

'Roma x Liverpool' - 6 minute highlights; Italian comms:-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/7OwxYpDPSoI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/7OwxYpDPSoI</a>

'A whole radio show featuring John Peel trying to hold it together on the night Liverpool won the European Cup in 1984' (approx 1 hour long - a fantastic listen):-

https://soundcloud.com/johnpeelarchive/when-liverpool-won-the?

'Just the Penalties; 4-2':-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/9OhgpbJvWK8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/9OhgpbJvWK8</a>

^ LFCHistory.net Match Info page: www.lfchistory.net/SeasonArchive/Game/1406

LFCInEurope.com Match Info Page: http://lfcineurope.com/8384-5.html

Wikipedia Page for the 1984 European Cup Final - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1984_European_Cup_Final

'1984 European Cup Final post-match interviews and news reports' - a 6 minute video from the superb Dave Waller:-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/GuegI37EL-A" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/GuegI37EL-A</a>

'Liverpool 1984 - I Don't know What It Is But I Love It' - Chris Rea song set to images from the 1984 European Cup Final:-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/7F7hDYDzwU4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/7F7hDYDzwU4</a>

LFCHistory.net's 'Liverpool In Europe: Match Info Pages' - www.lfchistory.net/SeasonArchive/ListGamesByType/4

LFCInEurope.net's 'Liverpool in Europe: Match Info Pages' - http://lfcineurope.com

Some youtube playlists for Liverpool videos from the 1983/84 season...

Dave Waller's youtube video playlist for Liverpool's 1983/84 Season:-

www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLC3KiSUH0tweJQTFRtNJCV_JC5mhOf3gM

Paul Collins' youtube video playlist for Liverpool's 1983/84 Season:-

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLte5vKHiXI7GAf26HDy3QvvaK0s1_Cl0E

idamaria7's youtube video playlist for Liverpool's 1983/84 Season:-

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLiIQcmZy0mXuu0Db2RekWGr4JVOmDZvRQ

some older Liverpool 'Club History' videos : www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=112969.msg16108641#msg16108641

'Fagan: No Ordinary Joe | Documentary' - a 15 minute documentary from LFC:-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yuRymaR92Kw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yuRymaR92Kw</a>

'Joe Fagan - Liverpool's Unsung Hero | AFC Finners | Football History Documentary' - a 17 minute documentary:-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/1Ls2RA6KEBo" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/1Ls2RA6KEBo</a>

'When Liverpool Ruled The World' - A BBC doc broadcast the night before the 2001 UEFA Cup Final; covers Liverpool's glory years in Europe ('77-'84):-

www.facebook.com/Kop-Kings-1748362865375147/videos/when-liverpool-ruled-the-world-lfc-documentary/1877202859157813

'Race for the Championship 1983/84' - 90 minute video:-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/8gaP-31tBVg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/8gaP-31tBVg</a>

'Liverpool FC 1983/84 I Don't Know What It Is But I Love It' - the Chris Rea song set to highlights of matches from the 1983/84 season (by Dave Waller):-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/2DN14N8e0B0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/2DN14N8e0B0</a>

'Liverpool FC 1984 Fan Club record' (38 minute video by Dave Waller):-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/O-Q6XUOhcvs" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/O-Q6XUOhcvs</a>

'“Work it out for yourself" - Graeme Souness' hilarious Liverpool stories' (a 3 minute video):-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/fpwa-tgasYU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/fpwa-tgasYU</a>

Season Info & Articles...

LFCHistory.net's Joe Fagan page - www.lfchistory.net/Managers/Manager/Profile/11

'Manager: Joe Fagan' - www.thisisanfield.com/clubinfo/managers/fagan

'Joe Fagan - The reluctant hero of Anfield' - www.cheshire-live.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/joe-fagan---reluctant-hero-5189297

'Joe Fagan' article - www.theasiankop.com/joe-fagan

'Fagan’s treble heroes in the year Merseyside won the lot' - www.thisisanfield.com/2020/05/liverpool-fc-season-1983-84

'A look back at Liverpool’s treble winning 1983/84 season' - https://thefalse9.com/2018/06/liverpool-1983-84-joe-fagan-tactics.html

'Liverpool set a quadruple record that has still not been broken' - https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/liverpool-everton-league-cup-final-1984-milk-cup-graeme-souness-412945

'The treble in Joe Fagan's words...' - www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/162861-the-treble-in-joe-fagan-s-words

'On Second Thoughts: Joe Fagan' - www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2013/sep/19/joe-fagan-liverpool-european-cup

'Joe Fagan was more than a co-pilot. He validated the Liverpool Way' - www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2011/jun/30/joe-fagan-liverpool-manager-remembering

'Why Joe Fagan is one of the greatest managers' - thesefootballtimes.co/2016/08/17/why-joe-fagan-deserves-to-be-remembered-as-one-of-footballs-greatest-managers

'Joe Fagan: Remembering Liverpool's most underrated manager' - www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/joe-fagan-remembering-liverpools-most-3233334

'Joe was a quiet man but a great man' - www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/champions-league/joe-was-a-quiet-man-but-a-great-man-an-emotional-graeme-souness-remembers-liverpools-1984-european-cup-win-38172040.html

'The story of how Joe Fagan found eternal glory in Rome' - www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/04/21/untold-story-joe-fagan-mastermind-behind-liverpools-historic

'We are the Champions: 1983-84 – Liverpool' - https://gameofthepeople.com/2017/10/02/we-are-the-champions-1983-84-liverpool

'Joe Fagan has earnt his place among the Anfield Heroes' - https://playupliverpool.com/2001/07/03/joe-fagan-has-earned-a-place-among-the-anfield-heroes

'Remembering Liverpool's European Cup Win Of 1984' - www.thesportsman.com/articles/remembering-liverpool-s-european-cup-win-of-1984

'The great European Cup teams: Liverpool 1977-84' - www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2013/may/23/liverpool-great-european-cup-teams

'The greatest moments in Liverpool’s history – by those that were there' - www.thetimes.co.uk/article/are-juergen-klopps-champions-the-best-liverpool-side-in-club-history-58cbnhjlf

'Flashback: Liverpool win treble 15 years before United' - https://talksport.com/football/157364/flashback-liverpool-win-treble-15-years-man-united-14053093661

'Liverpool FC Treble 1984 - a Gallery' - https://liverpoolfclatesttransfernew.blogspot.com/2018/12/liverpool-fc-treble-1984.html

'Fagan is a true Liverpool legend' - www.irishtimes.com/sport/fagan-is-a-true-liverpool-legend-1.316064

'I Don’t Know What It Is But I Love It' - www.wsc.co.uk/reviews/59-Clubs/12726-i-don-t-know-what-it-is-but-i-love-it

'Joe Fagan: “We shall respect them, but we are going to win here…”' - https://liverpooloffside.sbnation.com/2018/4/22/17267624/joe-fagan-we-shall-respect-them-but-we-are-going-to-win-here-team-talk-champions-league-semi-final

'Trackies, relaxing and a brief pep talk: Fagan's prep for '84 Euro Cup final' - www.liverpoolfc.com/news/features/428054-trackies-relaxing-and-a-brief-pep-talk-fagan-s-prep-for-84-european-cup-final

'On this day in 1921: Joe Fagan is born' - www.liverpoolfc.com/news/features/428055-on-this-day-in-1921-joe-fagan-is-born

'In numbers: Joe Fagan's 27 years at Liverpool FC' - www.liverpoolfc.com/news/features/428057-in-numbers-joe-fagan-s-27-years-at-liverpool-fc

'History makers: How Liverpool became League Cup kings' - www.liverpoolfc.com/news/features/391207-history-makers-how-liverpool-became-league-cup-kings

'Memories of Joe Fagan | 'I looked at him as my second dad - I admired him'' - www.liverpoolfc.com/news/features/428056-memories-of-joe-fagan-i-looked-at-him-as-my-second-dad-i-admired-him-so-much

'Remembering Joe Fagan' - www.liverpoolfc.com/news/announcements/437102-remembering-joe-fagan

'Five teams to win the English top-flight in three consecutive seasons' - https://thefootballfaithful.com/teams-win-english-league-three-consecutive-seasons

'One Great Season - 15 tribute articles' (from LFC) - https://web.archive.org/web/20090815023650/http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N164619090606-0911.htm

^ Liverpool Squad Photo for the 1984/85 Season (with the trophies won from the previous season).

Some RAWK threads on the 1983/84 Treble Season & Joe Fagan...

'Liverpool 1984 - The Greatest Team : Remembered' - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=279306.0
'Your memories of the 84 Treble?' - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=243451
'1984 A Vintage Year' (this thread) - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=59803
'1983/84 : Forgive my Indulgance' - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=19438
'I Don't Know What It Is But I Love It' by Tony Evans book review thread - www.redandwhitekop.com/article.php?id=13047764

'1984 European Cup Final: John Peel audio' - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=304648
'Rome 84 audio BBC documentary' - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=56359
'Memories of Rome 84 - From Rome to Home' - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=304648
'Setting the record straight re Rome 84' - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=287057
'The great European Cup teams: Liverpool 1977-84' - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=306061
'All Liverpool European Cup Wins' (the audio / video thread) - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=112969.msg17178860#msg17178860

'1984 League Cup Final' - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=271093
'"Home & Away" - Liverpool v Everton '84 Milk Cup Documentary' - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=254418
'League Cup Semi Final 1984 - Walsall vs Liverpool (1st leg Anfield). My memories' - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=108508
'Liverpool FC & the League Cup - We've won it 8 times' - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=286080
'All Liverpool League Cup Wins' (the audio / video thread) - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=112969.msg17174826#msg17174826

'Joe Fagan' - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=242935
'The Great Joe Fagan' - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=242935
'Joe Fagan video - 'I Don't Know What It Is But I Love It'' - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=281880.msg9346099#msg9346099
'Well it was twenty years ago today, that Joe Fagan got the boys to play...' - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=62179
'Joe Fagan 'Reluctant Champion' in 10 short stories...' - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=282891
'On This Day: RIP Joe Fagan' - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=223344

'Joe Fagan was more than a glorified copilot. He validated the Liverpool Way' - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=277655
'On Second Thoughts: Joe Fagan (Guardian article)' - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=308761.msg12021301#msg12021301
'Joe Fagan Waver (Banner arrived, pictures on third page!)' - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=286965
'Building The Joe Fagan Stand - the journey begins... Nelson FC' - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=317529
'Certainly no Regular: Joe, a tribute to Fagan.' - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=51051

'Liverpool to honour Joe Fagan as part of Anfield Road End redevelopment' - www.thisisanfield.com/2021/03/liverpool-to-honour-joe-fagan-as-part-of-anfield-road-end-redevelopment

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video thread' content info for years gone by, recent times, Season Reviews, Cup Final victories - Domestic, European, and World...

www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576 & www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=112969.0

Some 'older' League Titles - 1989/90 : 1987/88 : 1985/86 : 1983/84 : 1982/83 : 1981/82 : 1979/80 : 1978/79 : 1976/77 : 1975/76 : 1972/73 : 1965/66 : 1963/64.

A few other seasons of note - 1977/78 : 1980/81 : 1988/89 : 1990/91 : 2004/05 : 2008/09. | Legendary Managers - Shankly : Paisley : Fagan : Houllier : Rafa : Klopp.

'Season Review' videos (from 1987/88 onwards) & some older 'Club History' videos : www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=328573.msg18013134#msg18013134

« Last Edit: June 25, 2023, 03:52:00 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #39 on: July 29, 2021, 09:39:19 pm »
Amberline holds fonds memories for me as me and our kid use to get picked up from the fiveways from 86 to about 89 as we lived in Hartsbourne . I remember the Forest game on New Years Day when we both got up late and had to peg it up Well Lane and we just about made it . The Spurs away in 86 or 87 was mad as they parked the coaches in an estate called Broadwater Farm and for those of you with anyway knowledge of the history of that estate  you'll know what I'm an about . It was mad. 
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .