The Liverpool FC Forum > Liverpool FC Forum

He's back for Chelsea then!

(1/1)

Pheeny:
Taken from the official site

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N134020020314-1356.htm

Gerard Houllier could make his return to the Anfield dug-out for the crucial Premiership clash with Chelsea in ten days time.

That's the view of midfield star Steven Gerrard who has also predicted that Liverpool are good enough to end their season playing in the Champions League final.

Speaking after last night's 0-0 draw against Barcelona - a result which leaves them one win away from the last eight - Gerrard said: "If we get a result against Roma we're into the home and away situation and everyone knows we're difficult to beat.

"Our record away from home is excellent and we think we can beat anyone. We can go all the way, it's very exciting."

He added: "I'm not sure the gaffer will be back for the Roma game. I think he's got his own target which is probably the Chelsea home game.

"But we know he's the man we need to do it for because he has a lot of respect for the European competitions."

GedKicksIce:
report in the Echo seems to suggest he could be there for the Roma game, but just watching.

Whichever it is - it'll just be great to see him back at Anfield.

:wave:

Eli_B (aka Badland Red):
Superb news there Ged and Pheeny about Le Boss returning for possibly against Roma or Chelsea  8)

I think that will set the players, as well as Anfield buzzing!. Allez,Allez Le General Houllier!  8) ;D

Fanxxxxtastic:
I was watching my recordings of the FA Cup and UEFA Cup Finals just last week, and it seemed very strange seeing Ged in them.  This is the guy who led us towards such a memorable cup haul last season.

I must admit, it would be great to see him back in the dug out again soon.  If he was there for the Roma game on Tuesday, that could create one hell of an atmosphere, not that the place won't be rocking anyway.

:) :D :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version