Author Topic: CL: Liverpool 2 vs 0 Rangers TAA 7’ Salah 53’  (Read 12660 times)

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: CL: Liverpool 2 vs 0 Rangers TAA 7’ Salah 53’
« Reply #120 on: October 4, 2022, 10:04:38 pm »
Happy with that to be honest.  Not brilliant but so much better than it has been so I can sleep peacefully tonight.

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #121 on: October 4, 2022, 10:05:03 pm »
Hendo was our best player - he kept it simple, played lots of one touch passes, and kept us moving forward. He also initiated our press and I may be wrong, but he seemed pissed off at being subbed.

The more I see of Diaz on the other hand, the more doubts I have. Cannot question his attitude, work rate and pace; but his decision making is consistently poor at this level. Jota was poor, but he’s missed a lot of games so hopefully it’s just rustiness.

Pleased with the application but let’s be honest, Rangers wouldn’t get out of the Championship. In our pomp we’d have run up a cricket score.
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #122 on: October 4, 2022, 10:05:42 pm »
That two man midfield won't cut it against Arsenal or anyone in the league really.

Why you talking about Arsenal and not tonight's game and performance?

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #123 on: October 4, 2022, 10:06:40 pm »
Hendo was our best player - he kept it simple, played lots of one touch passes, and kept us moving forward. He also initiated our press and I may be wrong, but he seemed pissed off at being subbed.

The more I see of Diaz on the other hand, the more doubts I have. Cannot question his attitude, work rate and pace; but his decision making is consistently poor at this level. Jota was poor, but he’s missed a lot of games so hopefully it’s just rustiness.

Pleased with the application but let’s be honest, Rangers wouldn’t get out of the Championship. In our pomp we’d have run up a cricket score.

He always is when he is subbed off. He hates not playing.  :D
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: October 4, 2022, 10:07:01 pm »
Some miserable fucks in here.

Offline Angelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: October 4, 2022, 10:07:31 pm »
I think we might stick with this formation and set up because it allows everyone to do what they do best.

Very obvious that Trent was given instructions to stay put today - still be creative, but do it from the right-back position. Saw him drift into midfield maybe once or twice through the whole match.

I think the holding two midfield (with one having a little more license to attack) also works because it allows the back six to be really compact, allowing us to address the slate of counter attacks we've been suffering recently. However, Milner doesn't work in the two, maybe Melo will. A rejuvenated Fabinho definitely will.

The front four has some obvious advantages in the way it's currently set up. Nunez up front provides us a lot of options - channel runs, creating space for Salah and Diaz, and his impressive shot volume will eventually turn into goals. The #10 position is the only real question - with Jota you get the high press which is invaluable, but we can do a bit more with the ball. In any case, I think even the current four with more time on the pitch will click even better.

Considering our personnel and our players burnout, this formation can get the best out of everyone. Hope to see it continue.

Online Banquo's Ghost

• Macbeth's on repeat. To boldly split infinitives that lesser men would dare. To.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: October 4, 2022, 10:08:17 pm »
Some good signs, lots of hard work which was good to see.

I thought Hendo was superb, Trent much better in his proper position and Darwin had a very good game. How Kostas cleared that broke the laws of physics. Luis was also outstanding.

Be humble, for you are made of earth. Be noble, for you are made of stars.

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #127 on: October 4, 2022, 10:08:39 pm »
His saves from Salah in the first half and from Jota in the second half were brilliant, 9 times out of 10 they’re goals.

Saves that I would expect most good goalkeepers to save. It was a decent performance by him but not one that had a major impact on the game. Allison’s save near the end was important and Tsimikas’s goal-line clearance was by far the best “save of the match”.
#JFT97

Online kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: October 4, 2022, 10:08:42 pm »
Good win. Same again next week please

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #129 on: October 4, 2022, 10:08:58 pm »
Nice formation.

Jota was a bit rusty but still showed his class.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #130 on: October 4, 2022, 10:09:43 pm »

Goals, a clean sheet, 3 points, decent performance AND Happy fans

You can’t have it all!!
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: October 4, 2022, 10:10:11 pm »
Hopefully Fergie enjoyed some good football for once...

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #132 on: October 4, 2022, 10:10:27 pm »
Opening 45 minutes, fun and exciting with Nunez looking really good. Second 45 minutes aside from the penalty, I don't think this will work unless every team is as poor as Rangers who lets be honest should have gotten a hiding with a performance like that. Job done, onto Arsenal.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #133 on: October 4, 2022, 10:12:22 pm »
I’ll take the win

Best leave it there I think

If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline has gone odd

• a tru-ro...I mean....red!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: October 4, 2022, 10:12:29 pm »
Happy with the result, great Napoli beat Ajax to.

Tried something different and looked in total control, lots of energy.

- all in my opinion of course -

Offline Cafe De Paris

• Kopite
  • Up the Red Men
« Reply #135 on: October 4, 2022, 10:12:33 pm »
Been reading some of the Scottish press take on the game pre match and post match. I have to say there is not one ounce of bitterness or snide remarks from them. It’s an absolute joy to read. Factor in our club is built on Scotlands greats and you have to say well thank you.
LFC a bastion of invincibility.

Offline Caps4444

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: October 4, 2022, 10:12:33 pm »
If we win next week and so do Napoli, then only a point needed to qualify.
Also looks like we would need to beat Napoli 4-0 to finish top of the group.

Offline Xanderzone

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: October 4, 2022, 10:12:35 pm »
Like the Bournemouth game you have to temper the pleasure of the performance with the reality of how bad the opposition were on the day a bit. Rangers were beyond woeful let's be clear about that.

But that's not our concern and there was reasons for optimism.

I liked the switch to 4-2-3-1/4-4-2. I liked the flexibility of the front four, I liked the protection the two sitting CMs gave the defence and I like the way there was always players in position to defend.

Big call to see if he sticks with that away at the Emirates. I think he should. Have a feeling he'll bring Fabinho in for Nunez though.

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: October 4, 2022, 10:14:33 pm »
Would be ideal if both us and Napoli can win again next week, would mean that Napoli probably win the group (unless we can beat them by more than 3 goals,) but it would mean a point at home to them qualifies us.

Offline Raid

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: October 4, 2022, 10:15:19 pm »
That was good. Very limited were Rangers, but the formation looked more solid and we created plenty. Henderson was excellent deeper.

Second half we played in second gear and cruised but still created plenty.

Hopefully onwards and upwards from here

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: October 4, 2022, 10:20:17 pm »
 Minutes for Arthur or Bajcetic instead of Milner for me, all their  chances after him and Fab came on.
Surely we need to start giving minutes to players that need it, Milner getting on every single game.

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #141 on: October 4, 2022, 10:21:08 pm »
Hear hear!

Some people are really strange - this game has barely ended and they’re fretting about the next game. It’s not healthy.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: October 4, 2022, 10:22:05 pm »
Minutes for Arthur or Bajcetic instead of Milner for me, all their  chances after him and Fab came on.
Surely we need to start giving minutes to players that need it, Milner getting on every single game.

Arthur wasn't on the bench, presumably something came up last minute. I'd like to see Bajcetic get the minutes in place of Milner though, but given he's so young I can see why we might be hesitant.

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• You will always find him in the kitchen at parties (most likely alone in a corner with a half-empty glass of Tizer keeping his powder dry...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
« Reply #143 on: October 4, 2022, 10:22:42 pm »
I thought Tsimikas was excellent tonight. Full of energy, defended well when he needed to and was a threat in attack.
"Salahs in here......"

Offline mrantarctica

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: October 4, 2022, 10:22:44 pm »
I think our intensity was spot on from the first minute. At times we were guilty of switching off but on the whole very good fight shown by the team. Much better performances individually from Trent, Darwin and Hendo. Will pose some interesting selection headaches for Arsenal, but good to see our midfield 3 rotated a little bit and no new injuries.

Hard to make too much of things because Rangers are perhaps one of the weaker teams we will face all season, and we should really be comfortably beating them at home.

Onwards and upwards

Offline touchlineban

• Main Stander
  • Nothing Personal
« Reply #145 on: October 4, 2022, 10:23:01 pm »
Rangers weren't up to much.  Other than Mcgregor who was superb on the night.  I expect them to be really at it at their place and the final 10 minutes is anything to go by, they're gonna cause trouble.

Henderson excellent.  Some of his passing in the first-half was pure class.  Ditto Thiago. 

Trent has found is emense passing range again.  Let's hope that continues and he can forget all the crap thats been written and spoken about him of late. 

Nunez industrious throughout, shame he didn't get a deserved goal.

Win, 3 points and a clean sheet.  Can't complain.
"Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit posting."

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: October 4, 2022, 10:23:03 pm »
MX-80: Summer '77

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/wrFDcUUUWcA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/wrFDcUUUWcA</a>

Offline harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
« Reply #147 on: October 4, 2022, 10:24:28 pm »

I think it was more a case of we moved to 433 again to accommodate Milner and Harvey.

The clearance off the line was down to Harvey being in no man’s land and they got in behind Trent.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: October 4, 2022, 10:24:39 pm »
They only had one session playing this formation according to Klopp.

Offline Oldskoolcool

• Main Stander
« Reply #149 on: October 4, 2022, 10:25:54 pm »
Perfect pick up for us, Rangers were woeful but we couldn't have done much else, if it wasn't for McGregor it would have been 4 or 5.

Most of the team played well, especially so in the first half. Very impressed with Nunez, I thought he played fantastic, on another day he would've had a hattrick, pretty much all of his shots were hard and on target, you can't ask for much more (the goals will come before some smart arse pipes up). He helped link the forward play really well and there were signs of an understanding developing. I think it is a good sign that he was pulled off early as he has to start on the weekend vs Arsenal.

Oh, I liked this formation too, it gave additional cover, we looked solid and had some serious firepower available too. Lots to like.

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: October 4, 2022, 10:26:24 pm »
Arthur wasn't on the bench, presumably something came up last minute. I'd like to see Bajcetic get the minutes in place of Milner though, but given he's so young I can see why we might be hesitant.
Milner has litterly become our default substitution, surely its time for us to move on.

Offline sheepfest

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #151 on: October 4, 2022, 10:27:22 pm »
Take that and having to sit next to a rangers fan who tbf was more frustrated with his own team and was all alone so very quiet but unfortunately for him my voice is not a decent singing voice! Even more so tonight

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: October 4, 2022, 10:28:03 pm »
Scored first, clean sheet, no injuries, comfortable controlled 90 mins, Hendo was great, Nunez looked good, Diaz was dangerous, Salah scored, Van Dijk had it all under control, Trent scored. So so many positives. Lovely

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #153 on: October 4, 2022, 10:28:05 pm »

I’m surprised too.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: October 4, 2022, 10:29:08 pm »
Perfect pick up for us, Rangers were woeful but we couldn't have done much else, if it wasn't for McGregor it would have been 4 or 5.

Most of the team played well, especially so in the first half. Very impressed with Nunez, I thought he played fantastic, on another day he would've had a hattrick, pretty much all of his shots were hard and on target, you can't ask for much more (the goals will come before some smart arse pipes up). He helped link the forward play really well and there were signs of an understanding developing. I think it is a good sign that he was pulled off early as he has to start on the weekend vs Arsenal.

Oh, I liked this formation too, it gave additional cover, we looked solid and had some serious firepower available too. Lots to like.

Must have missed that.

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: October 4, 2022, 10:29:43 pm »
poor performance. attack isnt firing at all at the moment.

Fabinho was awful when he came on.

Offline HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #156 on: October 4, 2022, 10:30:41 pm »

We’re hesitant but giving it to a guy who’s well past it and not contributing at all in a positive way? Milner shouldn’t be getting any minutes unless it’s to come on to waste time. Like others have said Bajcetic and Arthur should be getting these minutes.

Online Avens

• Look around you! Clearly knows his Gary Gum from his Anti-Gary Gum.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: October 4, 2022, 10:31:20 pm »

Incredible takes.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now. - Jurgen Klopp

Offline SenorGarcia

• Legacy Fan
  • He drinks sangria...
« Reply #158 on: October 4, 2022, 10:31:27 pm »
Thought we looked great first half, decent in the second, sloppy in the last 10. Baby steps though.

Did they explain where Arthur was? Surprised he didn’t get any game time tonight.
"A football club isn't just made up of players, coaches and directors. More than anything else it's the supporters who make a club, and that perhaps is the ingredient which best distinguishes Liverpool Football Club from every other team. The supporters." - Luis Javier García Sanz

Thanks Kenny, for making us believe again. YNWA

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: October 4, 2022, 10:31:27 pm »
poor performance. attack isnt firing at all at the moment.

Fabinho was awful when he came on.

That is your take from tonight. Good god.