Author Topic: PL: Crystal Palace 1 v 3 Liverpool VVD 8’ Ox 32’ Edouard 54’ Fabinho 89’  (Read 28003 times)

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Fuck em.

If Palace hadn’t kept shooting at Allison, or within Allison’s reach at least, they might have scored enough goals to have won the game regardless.  They didn’t.  “You make your own luck” and all those other things that are said to us when we miss chances and end up not winning.

So fuck em, again.

Offline Tuco Ramνrez

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
who was offside on the palace goal?

Edouard

Virgil's watching him and let's him drift offside. The ball then goes to a  different player that's onside who then square's it back to Edouard for the tap in. But would the goalscorer have been in that position if he didn't gain an advantage from being offside initially?
« Last Edit: January 24, 2022, 04:27:01 pm by Tuco Ramνrez »

Offline dutchkop

• has an issue with his phlemish phalange (bunch of jackals, leave him alone).
  • Legacy Fan
who was offside on the palace goal?

Bobby Firmino as he jumped (& missed the ball) after being in an offside position
Micha Richards went all in this MOTD.

I really have no time for Micah Richards at the best of times - p1llock

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Edouard

Virgil's watching him and let's him drift offside. The ball then goes to a  different player that's onside who then square's it back to Edouard for the tap in. But would the goalscorer have been in that position if he didn't gain an advantage from being offside initially?

This is the worst one I have witnessed in the flesh. Used to sit row 3 of the Kemlyn at the Anny End and we gave the lineo dogs abuse

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/sz9fYCP6zos" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/sz9fYCP6zos</a>
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Bobby Firmino as he jumped (& missed the ball) after being in an offside position
Micha Richards went all in this MOTD.

I really have no time for Micah Richards at the best of times - p1llock

I was asking about the palace goal (not ours - I understand that false narrative).

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Just finished watching the game.

Without Allison we're fucked, he had to be completely on his game today. What a tale of 2 halves wow. Dominant the first and all over the place in the second.

The pen was very soft, i'd be fuming if that was given against us.

We were lucky to win that.

Why were we "lucky to win that" exactly?

We scored 2 good goals and a welcome pen. They scored one goal.

Too many people thinking that the pen saved us from some late onslaught in the 3 minutes or so that were left, when they hadnt done fuck all for the previous 30 minutes.
All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfόnfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Why were we "lucky to win that" exactly?

We scored 2 good goals and a welcome pen. They scored one goal.

Too many people thinking that the pen saved us from some late onslaught in the 3 minutes or so that were left, when they hadnt done fuck all for the previous 30 minutes.

And also Allison is part of the team, as he said himself, his job is to stop goals.

It’s always amusing this assumption that a team is lucky to win because their goalie make good saves.

There is no luck is there really, Liverpool did their scouting and paid good money for Ali, and here he gets to train with excellent coaches and play with other excellent players, and elevated his already really high level, and yep, sometimes he shines more than others.

Next game it’ll be another player shining brightest.

Where we lucky last week cos Jota popped up to score the goals vs Arsenal....

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
Just finished watching the game.

Without Allison we're fucked, he had to be completely on his game today. What a tale of 2 halves wow. Dominant the first and all over the place in the second.

The pen was very soft, i'd be fuming if that was given against us.

We were lucky to win that.

Without the best goalkeeper in the world we'd have conceded goals that we didn't concede because we bought the best goalkeeper in the world.

We scored two when we were on top but were sloppy in the second half and they scored on 55'. They didn't score again. We still had chances and Trent's brilliant pass led to the penalty on 89'. They didn't score again.

That's the way we play and a few more lucky 3-1 wins will do me fine. The pundits have been banging on about our high line for years now. Last season was a disaster but the two seasons before that our high line and risky football led to a 97pt and 99pt season, A European Cup and the Premier league. This season we're in a cup final, won our CL group with 6 wins, spanked United 5-0 at Old Trafford, still in teh FA Cup and CL and second place in the League with an outside chance of the title.

Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
Yep. The penalty is a big shiny twirling thing and everyone has duly been distracted by it, when the more important issues are why we seem to get complacent after going a couple ahead and why we sometimes lose not only control but the ability to play our natural game after a setback like conceding a goal. After conceding today we looked like a different side to the one who went two up. Just nothing happening attackwise until Trent's worldie pass.

I can certainly accept that tiredness played a big part, but I wish we could find a way of reducing the drop in intensity and the Jekyll and Hyde change in in-game character. If it's going to happen (due to tiredness, for example) then we need to plan for it and train ways to ameliorate the impact.

Yep, the pen, once again, has grown into something it wasn't, due simply to people dwelling on it. Without it we would still have won.
He is our rock and upon that rock we build our church. Testify!

...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
Agreed. If we think goals against are inevitable every time we misplace a pass in our half or leave it a bit open at the back, imagine how our opponents' fans must feel when they see us squander chance after chance - they must thank the gods we didn't score 10!

I had a fellow Red tell me today we were lucky and Palace deserved a draw - I don't see why, we could just as easily argue we deserved to be up 4-0 at half time.

Everything we have planned up to now, has been targetting this part of the season; training, systems, tactics, the lot. This winter training is lift off. We're ready. We've seen it all, the good, the bad, the ugly. We keep them all fit, we're gonna be fucking good. Very dangerous, unplayable at times. In the league, in the cups, it's us against City. That's it. We're the best in town. I hope we play each other 4 more times. Let's see whose best
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
A wee bit late to this but really enjoyed PiM's posts in this and the Van Dijk thread yesterday and today.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
A wee bit late to this but really enjoyed PiM's posts in this and the Van Dijk thread yesterday and today.

Yes some good posts.

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
One of the best 30 minutes I have seen us play with brilliant one touch passes, wee flicks, back heels, I really thought I was watching Brazil 82. Went off for a coffee and came back to see us flip a switch, barely able to string two passes together and Palace were flying. Crazy switcharoo as Becker went from unemployed to our MOTM. We still deserve all three points as deadly in front of goal at times and our attack has def carry us to a higher points tally this season as they have been world class. Some of the rest of the lads have been up and down like a yoyo in terms of form. Are we getting gassed earlier in games, are we unable to rotate certain areas of the team to keep legs fresh? Not so sure as four or five players / sections of the field have dipped in performance compared to their league winning season while the forward line is probably surpassing that form. Still the three points was a perfect tonic to a wee break and we can give it a great go until May as no one expects us to challenge City at this point.

PS - We seem to be reactive instead of proactive with our change in tactics / subs as the Palace goal was on the cards for ages and we never tacked our sails to avoid it. Easier said than done but Viera adapted his tactics & all of a sudden a two goal lead did not look enough. Not the first time this has happened and better sides (not even better) have and will take advantage of our frailties which should not be there when 2 goals to the good. The game should be done and dusted at that stage esp with our quality but something is amiss and Klopp needs to sort it out if we want to win the CL and league again.

« Last Edit: January 24, 2022, 08:37:58 pm by fowlermagic »
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
This season we're in a cup final, won our CL group with 6 wins, spanked United 5-0 at Old Trafford, still in teh FA Cup and CL and second place in the League with an outside chance of the title.

Lucky AS FUCK!!!!!
All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
And also Allison is part of the team, as he said himself, his job is to stop goals.

It’s always amusing this assumption that a team is lucky to win because their goalie make good saves.

There is no luck is there really, Liverpool did their scouting and paid good money for Ali, and here he gets to train with excellent coaches and play with other excellent players, and elevated his already really high level, and yep, sometimes he shines more than others.

Next game it’ll be another player shining brightest.

Where we lucky last week cos Jota popped up to score the goals vs Arsenal....

It's not as if we're relying on Alisson to bail us out game after game like United did on De Gea a few seasons ago. A top team needs its World Class GK to make saves occasionally, shock horror. Makes you wonder why all the League/CL competing teams across Top 5 leagues have brilliant GKs, they might as well have random guy in there if they don't want their GK to make saves  ::)

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
It's not as if we're relying on Alisson to bail us out game after game like United did on De Gea a few seasons ago. A top team needs its World Class GK to make saves occasionally, shock horror. Makes you wonder why all the League/CL competing teams across Top 5 leagues have brilliant GKs, they might as well have random guy in there if they don't want their GK to make saves  ::)

United this season too

Offline William Regal

• Kopite
Does anyone have a GIF of the Gallagher dive? Very lucky boy to stay on the pitch having already been booked.

Offline MH41

• Kopite
Does anyone have a GIF of the Gallagher dive? Very lucky boy to stay on the pitch having already been booked.
Was looking for it yesterday. Couldn't find it anywhere.

Maybe messrs Shearer, Richards, Jenas, Viera or Sky might be able to help you, particularly if they are so interested in bad decisions.

Online KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.

There seems to be a media blackout on that for some reason. Carra brought it up on commentary but it was quickly moved on from (perhaps just the speed of events). Gallagher does have previous, I saw a gif of him being booked for a dive whilst at WBA.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline Bangin Them In

• Legacy Fan
Just re watched on my day off and they booed everything, throw ins, substitutions, the whole bag

Vying for the southern Eve title
A win for the Liverpool country

Offline goalrushatgoodison

• crapinbed
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Still waiting for the great leap forward.
This is the worst one I have witnessed in the flesh. Used to sit row 3 of the Kemlyn at the Anny End and we gave the lineo dogs abuse

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/sz9fYCP6zos" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/sz9fYCP6zos</a>

The rule was changed to allow farcical situations like the one above sometime around 1994. Before that Kluivert would have been considered to have gained an advantage from been in an offside position and therefore interfering with play.

The 1994 World Cup is where I first saw it exploited to the extent that Kluivert did there. If you look at the Brazil Holland quarter final which finished 3-2 you will see Romario score two goals by exploiting the same ridiculous loophole.
Those whom the Gods would destroy, they first make mad.