Author Topic: PL: Crystal Palace 1 v 3 Liverpool VVD 8’ Ox 32’ Edouard 54’ Fabinho 89’  (Read 28182 times)

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
The “VAR/referees/league/PGMOL/world is out to get Liverpool Football Club” boys will be quiet tonight.  ;D
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
If that was against us you'd be livid.

It’s a penalty.

The controversial decision is our 2nd.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
A win is a win, and that’s all that matters.

I didn’t think it was a penalty, but I don’t care strongly enough to get into an argument over it. I thought Jota moved into the keeper, to initiate the contact.  In the end it didn’t matter, I think Palace had pretty much blown themselves out by then anyway.

Palace had enough chances to draw, or even win, and they didn’t take them. So that’s that. We’ve been on the other end of that a few times and no-one gave a shit, so bollocks to them all now!  Onwards.

Offline lamad

• Legacy Fan
Beardy Becker for the win! What a keeper indeed.  ;D

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Christ.

That was absolutely mental. Brilliant performance then utter capitulation. Thank fuck we’ve ended that with 3 points.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
We've done pretty well without the likes of Salah and Mane, results wise. At this part of the season I will take results over performances, I would like to see Joe and Konate get some more performances as Matip and Van Dijk are looking a bit tired at the moment.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
“Who’s the scouser in the black?”

Kevin Friend “I’m not sure. Is that a rhetorical question? Will this penalty help?”

;D
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
Absolutely stonewall pen. The GK takes Jota out and he can clearly touch the ball again before its out play (its not really relevant whether he can take a great shot or not, just being about to touch the ball again is sufficient for contact with consequence). He illegally prevents Jota taking that touch by knocking him down without touching the ball - absolutely no doubt about it.

Watch it again….. jota moves away from the path of the ball and deliberately into the keeper to win the pen. Not complaining that we got the pen, but come on… if that was given against us people would be fuming.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
Goodness me our game management can be absolutely shocking at times.

Thought we actually managed it quite well from 2-1 onwards, despite playing like shit. Palace created very little after scoring.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Ultimate Bromance

• The Crab
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Put the pen aside that's a fucking diabolical second half, if not for Ali they would have been out of sight. We looked cooked from the moment we stepped back onto the pitch.
Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose.

Offline vicar

• Legacy Fan
  • Free at last!
First 30 was excellent, but then gave them hope through poor play really.
Poor last 60 in that game, maybe a game too far for the squad. Really running out of players to bring on and change it up, certainly in an attacking sense.
Ali was excellent, some great saves.

Palace tactic seemed to be to hit a long ball and run in behind and it seemed to work, although several in the first half that seemed to give them hope were clearly offside. I think collectively we were just off it, maybe tiredness and come down after thursday.

As for the pen, I guess its technically correct the keeper blocks him off and the ball is still in play, maybe reachable? But I would be pissed if give against us!

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
Phew! Alisson,what a keeper he is.

The save from the back heel was fantastic.
#JFT97

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
Cant have it both ways mate ;D It was or it was not so got off that fucking fence ;D

:D

Deffo a pen then...I think they are looking at the tiny touch he gets and then gets flattened, probably what swings it

Offline iamnant

• ...call me Adam
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bob Mortimer stan account
If that was against us you'd be livid.
Sarge is right.

If it was Sterling doing that in the last minute at the Emptihad to get them lot a point against us, no one here would be saying it was a pen.
"If anyone at my funeral has a long face, I'll never speak to them again."
Stan Laurel

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
Will take it all day long. To come out of the AFCON period which everyone was dreading, with 3 wins out of 3 plus a trip to Wembley booked, is about all we could ask for really.

The talk will be dominated by the ever boring was-it, wasn´t-it penalty chat (wasn´t a pen for me!!) - but ultimately it was inconsequential. 3 points, and a little bit of ground gained on City. That´s what matters.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
am I the only one who thought it was a pen ? :wave

I thought it was a cert pen.  Prevented Jota getting to or attempting to get to the ball.

Offline dai_bonehead

• Kopite
100% never a penalty

Yup. Never a penalty. Ridiculous how incompetent the VAR official is. And then the ref contradicting his original decision.

Never mind!

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Great result and for 35 minutes we were unplayable but that was some drop off and could argue we were lucky to get the 3 points. I don't think I've seen another side allow so many chances to play in behind our back 4 as we do.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
it's a 50/50, keeper didnt go to ball and body checks Jota but then again Jota didn't have control either and ran into keeper. we were gonna win it anyways so fuck the haters.

Online Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
It’s a penalty.

Citys coal yesterday was the same, Laporte was onside but an offside player took a marker with him
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
We were very very sloppy but a win is a win. We won the two league games we had during AFCON which is great.

If we want to play so high, I'd prefer Konaté because he's faster and stronger.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
Really poor second half. We could really do with being a bit more mature with our game management in these games. Away from home, 2-0 up, opposition have lots of pace up front, do we really need to have such a high line, and does Henderson need to be pressing so high up the pitch?

It’s a good result anyway, I guess that’s what matters today.

Undecided over whether it’s a penalty. I don’t think Jota is looking for the contact, I think he’s about to try and go around him then changes his mind. It’s a foul, but I don’t think he’s going to stop the ball going out. The pass from Trent deserved something anyway. Incredible.

Not just the high line it's the defenders taking unnecessary risks at times in stepping out from the back, which only leaves one loose ball and they're in behind us.

We should manage the game better when we're in front (we did this superbly on Thursday).
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Dazzer23

• Legacy Fan
Horrible performance after half an hour, but I’m putting it down to Thursday and having to play pretty much same team 3 times in 7 days.

Take the 3 points and go into the break, and then it looks like we could have a fully fit squad going into the business end. Loads to look forward to  ;D

Online TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
Some will say never a pen. Some might say soft. I personally think its a stone waller. He slid into Jota with his left knee and took him out. Jota was trying to leap around him.

The penalty area seems to be the one place on the pitch where the ball being gone apparently makes it less of foul for some reason.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
A bit lucky with the penalty I thought, couldn't really have argued if Palace had got a draw.

Watching it on Bein and Gray and some other fucker who I have no idea who he is getting very salty about the penalty so that makes it even sweeter!
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Watch it again….. jota moves away from the path of the ball and deliberately into the keeper to win the pen. Not complaining that we got the pen, but come on… if that was given against us people would be fuming.

Great having a snidey Poruguese in the side winning pens ;D
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Schmarn

• Legacy Fan

Not a pen. Jota initiates contact moving to his right (away from the path of the ball). Happily take it as we’ve been robbed before but I’d rather get the ones we should get.

The bigger issue for us looking forward is that teams are picking apart our high line too easily. Lump the ball over the top and it’s a decent chance. Don’t know if it’s because of poor positioning or a loss of pace by Virgil but we need to address it over the break.

Great win though and deserved. Just imagine how sick City fans feel watching that.

Online Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
Definite penalty, slid in missed the ball and took Jota out. There won't much of a fuss made as it wasn't Salah.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
Two big decisions gone our way this week....a bit of Manc good-fortune feels nice...unexpected...but nice
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
Not a great second half, needed that pen (didn’t think it was one, thought Jota moved into the keeper and never really had the ball under control, would have hated if it was given against us). But we’ll need some luck along the way and I think we got a bit there.

Having said that they are really overdoing how fortunate we were, they still only scored one
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
It’s a penalty.

It was not

Yes I agree that was.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
The “VAR/referees/league/PGMOL/world is out to get Liverpool Football Club” boys will be quiet tonight.  ;D

They won’t, they’ll be celebrating whilst the likes of yourself and tubby are thinking you’ve been vindicated because we got a decision ;)
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline redalways

• ...so needs a pair of clean knickers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I am afraid that wasn’t a Pen. Still amazed at how incompetent our officials are. Having said that we were brilliant first half and lousy second. 3-1 flatters us.

Offline Wild Romany Boy

• Legacy Fan
Phew.

Closing the gap. That's all we can do.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
We were 2-1 up with a couple of minutes to go. The penalty was nice to all but finish the game but it’s hardly the decisive moment of the match.

We had a game on Thursday, they didn’t. We have a squad that’s played a lot in the last two weeks with not much chance to rotate. Today was all about getting the three points, not the quality of the performance. We’ve had a great weekend and can relax watching the London derby and laugh at any result. City won’t be happy and that’s all that matters.

Online MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
Lucky win
I thought Matip & Van Dijk were awful.

It does look like Van Dijk has lost some pace or perhapos just tired from Thursday.

They should have a good rest now. So hopefully better from them after a break

Offline medley

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Garrincha
We seemed to lose all our composure and footballing ability after they scored their goal. About 30 minutes of nothingness going forward and chance creation. The penalty was the perfect timing just before they started pile on more pressure with their attacking subs
My mate is Sarah Harding's cousin from girls aloud, he looks a fair but like her which is a bit weird when i'm cracking one off over MTV like

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
of course Jota would have got to the ball, he's not slow, it bounced 3 times in play after he touched it, 3 times. it's a penalty, as usual Carragher tries to show his anti bias, but you're not allowed to wipe players out unless you're Ederson.
Agreed. When you see it from a few angles, its obvious the keeper is the one that innitiates the contact and not Jota. He also puts two hands on him and bundles him over after he clips Jota's leg to knock him off balance.

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
Great having a snidey Poruguese in the side winning pens ;D

It is  :D It’s about time we had someone like that in our side!! Quality player and love his shithousery at times  8)

Offline JonnyCigarettes®

• Airfix salesman (rumoured to be training a secret wankfest monkey arsegravy army)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty fly for a white guy
Carragher is tedious and squeaky.
Johnny Sack: 200 grand for insulting my wife. What's next, Carmine, he gets to fuck her for a million?

Carmine: He wants to fuck her?

Johnny Sack: I'm making a point.