Author Topic: CL: Liverpool 2 vs 0 Porto Thiago ‘52 Salah ‘70  (Read 12433 times)

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
Re: CL: Liverpool 2 vs 0 Porto Thiago ‘52 Salah ‘70
« Reply #200 on: November 25, 2021, 12:32:13 am »
Great second half, still a couple of hairy moments but this Porto sode are so weak minded they shit the bed when they go into our box. One thing to keep falling over at 0-0 but at 2 down? In your own half?

Some encouraging performances from Morton and Ox. Thiago was just fabulous, deserved an assist for Mane's goal, but he excelled himself with that goal. This is where you want boot cam, watching his caress that ball was something to behold.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline Realgman

• Kopite
  • gerrup the yard
« Reply #201 on: November 25, 2021, 12:32:47 am »
Sooo sweeeet... :)

exactly...Nothing else needs to be said :)
I am not a dreamer. I am a football romantic-Jurgen Klopp

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #202 on: November 25, 2021, 01:03:32 am »
From the Desert Red Fox link posted earlier.

Magician or physicist? You decide. :)

Sorcery.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jόrgen.

Offline stevieG786

• Prefers bottom.
  • Legacy Fan
  • AWWW YA BEAUTY!!
« Reply #203 on: November 25, 2021, 01:19:57 am »
So happy for Thiago, amazing goal

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #204 on: November 25, 2021, 01:23:46 am »
Just outrageous. Can't stop watching it.
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Offline lamad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #205 on: November 25, 2021, 01:29:04 am »
Had text work on the computer all evening so only had the game on mute and now came here to read how we actually played. I did manage to see the two goals though, what a refined scorcher from Thiago and another lovely goal from Mo. It is such a joy watching these guys play (not that I saw much tonight, but you know, generally speaking).

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: November 25, 2021, 01:31:25 am »

...Really odd from Porto though. Chasing the game and just wasted loads of time with 'injuries'

Elvis Costello just called them out on it on the Pink (TAW) - fucking divvies

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: November 25, 2021, 01:37:39 am »
The other angle for completeness:

Mesmerising.

Still cannot beat Stevie's against W Ham.
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #208 on: November 25, 2021, 02:26:49 am »
thiago's goal just defying any laws of physics. the bend and dip on it is just unreal. No idea the ball even touched the turf.

2 world class moments decided the game and thats what our players can produce.

Happy for Morton. What a week he has been. Surely enjoying every minute of it.

Really glad that there are sensible 5 subs in europe and even better to see Hendo, robbo, milly and divock all back.

Now hoping to see some positives in Keita, Gomez and Curtis once Mane and salah jet off for the waste of time that is AFCON.

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #209 on: November 25, 2021, 04:21:25 am »
Not much to say but that Thiago goal deserves a post on it's own. His face to Klopp when coming off said it all lol.

Love watching this team play <3

Offline Beninger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #210 on: November 25, 2021, 05:09:23 am »
The power behind the shot is ridiculous, but completely outshone by the ridiculous technique that caused the ball to just barely skip off the grass like a stone on water. Crazy.

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
« Reply #211 on: November 25, 2021, 05:22:49 am »
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
    • http://armand9.deviantart.com/
« Reply #212 on: November 25, 2021, 07:29:31 am »
mehish dead rubber game but win, clean sheet (how the fuck we came out of that with a clean sheet is beyond me), 2 goals and most of all no injuries (and a bonus of minutes for some)

plus that wonderful daisy cutter from thiago (sweet finish from mo as well)

and porto players are a bunch of fannies
Losing your only chance of silverware this season to your city rival. At home. With the most expensive squad ever assembled.

Have that, you arrogant wanker. CarraG238

Offline RedKenWah

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #213 on: November 25, 2021, 07:40:29 am »
Glorious. Superb win without putting too much effort in, players who needed minutes got them and no one coming off with an injury. Oh and to top it off James Milner wiping out his booking for a final group game that has no relevance was also delightful as well.

Oh has anyone got the gif of the moment Thiago was subbed off as well with his cheeky smile?

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #214 on: November 25, 2021, 07:42:48 am »
Good prep ahead of 3 games in 8 days in the League with two very tough away ones.

Will need some squad management so important some lads got minutes.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: November 25, 2021, 07:42:55 am »
Did both or goalscores get hooked within a minute of their goals?

Porto's defense actually looked ok, they were good at taking the ball of us with some nice tackles. However their attackers don't seem to be able to even vaguely shoot into the direction of our goal, which made for an enjoyable evening.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #216 on: November 25, 2021, 08:11:54 am »
Porto must hate us...
Not just because of the results but their wastefulness. We are properly in their heads as a team

The match I thought was entertaining! End to end and we took some great goals to earn the win. Liverpool should be feared in Europe this season, we look ominous.
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline RogerTheRed

• Danke Juergen
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • There's a golden sky on the way
« Reply #217 on: November 25, 2021, 08:48:36 am »
Not the best ever performance but two class goals. Solid performance from Morton. No injuries for the bed wetters. £2M in the bank and Atletico lost. Decent night really. Well in Redmen.
Come On You Mighty Scouse Reds!!

Offline Chip Evans

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #218 on: November 25, 2021, 08:56:13 am »
It's still one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen this morning. It's just perfect.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #219 on: November 25, 2021, 08:59:51 am »
Not the best ever performance but two class goals. Solid performance from Morton. No injuries for the bed wetters. £2M in the bank and Atletico lost. Decent night really. Well in Redmen.
:thumbup

Milner suspended for the Milan game though.  Doom and gloom!

That second half performance was a model of how to manage a European game.  I thought Porto again looked good, certainly more talented than most sides we play in the Premier League.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: November 25, 2021, 10:33:22 am »
I'm still struggling to understand Porto's performance last night. They aren't a bad side, and with better finishing they could have been two goals up before we even woke up and started to play. They had the best chances in the first half.

They needed something from the game, yet were down rolling on the turf in fake agony and timewasting when losing the game in the second half. I just can't get my head around it. They seemed hellbent on killing their own momentum in order to try to con the ref into giving them fouls in non threatening positions. It was an utterly baffling performance from them. Genuinely pathetic stuff.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jόrgen.

Offline mrantarctica

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: November 25, 2021, 10:41:08 am »
I'm still struggling to understand Porto's performance last night. They aren't a bad side, and with better finishing they could have been two goals up before we even woke up and started to play. They had the best chances in the first half.

They needed something from the game, yet were down rolling on the turf in fake agony and timewasting when losing the game in the second half. I just can't get my head around it. They seemed hellbent on killing their own momentum in order to try to con the ref into giving them fouls in non threatening positions. It was an utterly baffling performance from them. Genuinely pathetic stuff.

I think its a mentality thing. A lot of the Spanish and Portuguese sides seem to do the same thing. They'd do a lot better if they just got on with it. They've got plenty of skilful players in their team that they'd do really well if they had a cohesive game plan and focussed on using their abilities.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #222 on: November 25, 2021, 10:54:42 am »
I think its a mentality thing. A lot of the Spanish and Portuguese sides seem to do the same thing. They'd do a lot better if they just got on with it. They've got plenty of skilful players in their team that they'd do really well if they had a cohesive game plan and focussed on using their abilities.
Atleti were similar, weren't they. Lots of good players who could turn it on when they decided to, but mostly decided to play shithouse tactics instead.

Thing is though, even they give it a go when they go behind. Porto were timewasting and feigning injury when they were losing, not protecting a lead. It's that which baffles me. I can understand dicking around when winning, but not when you are losing and need a point or so.

Offline scouseman

• Legacy Fan
  • aspiring mod of RAWK
« Reply #223 on: November 25, 2021, 11:07:44 am »
I just love how the match threads are getting shorter and shorter. Long may it continue.

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #224 on: November 25, 2021, 11:07:45 am »

Was really weird, that striker of theres who spent most of the first half on the turf, he got hooked later on in the game but even Macca noticed it saying he's always holding his back when going down. They needed a result and they played like that. Diaz was really good though Neco did well in the second half.

Good result for us, some good displays by the young lads and 2 great goals.
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #225 on: November 25, 2021, 11:48:48 am »
In the context of the game and the group situation, I'm not sure we could have planned that any better. Players who needed minutes got minutes, Thiago played excellently and bagged a beauty, Williams/Morton got valuable experience, Robertson Milner, Henderson got some minutes under their belt after injury and importantly we won, pocketing 2.5M in the process.

Any complaints?
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #226 on: November 25, 2021, 12:17:09 pm »
Was really weird, that striker of theres who spent most of the first half on the turf, he got hooked later on in the game but even Macca noticed it saying he's always holding his back when going down. They needed a result and they played like that. Diaz was really good though Neco did well in the second half.

Good result for us, some good displays by the young lads and 2 great goals.
They fooled me a few times as I thought they had picked up quite nasty injuries.  Other than Pepe who got injured over-stretching and, ironically, made no fuss I'd expect all those rolling around in apparent agony will be available for selection when Porto next play.

I still hope they get second as they're a lesser evil that Atletico and Milan progressing would mean they've got a result out of us.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: November 25, 2021, 12:24:07 pm »
Konate had a bit of tough game but also seemed to get whistled for being big and strong.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #228 on: November 25, 2021, 12:25:38 pm »
Atleti were similar, weren't they. Lots of good players who could turn it on when they decided to, but mostly decided to play shithouse tactics instead.

Thing is though, even they give it a go when they go behind. Porto were timewasting and feigning injury when they were losing, not protecting a lead. It's that which baffles me. I can understand dicking around when winning, but not when you are losing and need a point or so.

I think that Porto side are just soft. Can't ride a tackle or deal with a bit of pain. Atleti are just trying to disrupt the game and their opponent.

It wasn't as if it was a physical game either, we were holding back if anything.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
« Reply #229 on: November 25, 2021, 12:33:32 pm »
In the context of the game and the group situation, I'm not sure we could have planned that any better. Players who needed minutes got minutes, Thiago played excellently and bagged a beauty, Williams/Morton got valuable experience, Robertson Milner, Henderson got some minutes under their belt after injury and importantly we won, pocketing 2.5M in the process.
Fair play to Klopp for that selection, which I personally thought might be a risk playing Alisson, Mane, Matip, Salah and Thiago - all of whom we'll need for a lot of games between now and May. Fortunately they all came through unscathed plus we saw the return of other players from injury.

Be interesting to see what he does for the Milan game, in between an away trip to Wolves and a home match against Villa.

Some crazy stats doing the rounds, such as 16 games in a row in all competitions where we've scored at least 2 goals, plus we've still only lost one game in all competitions since 6th April, and only 1 league game since 7th March. Our injury list is going down, and we might even have Gomez, Keita, Jones and Bobby back next month.

It's shaping up for a good second half of the season and..............the quadruple is still on  8)
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #230 on: November 25, 2021, 12:57:04 pm »
When did we last fail to score in a game?

Assume it must be Real Madrid home leg, and then back to Fulham at home for the last time in the League?

Online SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #231 on: November 25, 2021, 06:30:52 pm »
the thing about his goal is - if anyone ese had hit that you'd immediately think "fluke" but  with Thiago you think "he's probably been doing that for years".

magic.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: November 25, 2021, 06:47:28 pm »
the thing about his goal is - if anyone ese had hit that you'd immediately think "fluke" but  with Thiago you think "he's probably been doing that for years".

magic.
So true.

I've seen him hit shots and passes in training videos that take your breath away, so you know he meant that as it happened last night.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #233 on: November 25, 2021, 11:50:33 pm »
I just love how the match threads are getting shorter and shorter. Long may it continue.

It's the good thing about winning, less Bedding to be washed the day after
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarαs Solo.
« Reply #234 on: November 26, 2021, 11:57:15 am »
Konate had a bit of tough game but also seemed to get whistled for being big and strong.

His yellow card seemed very harsh considering some of the shit they'd been pulling before it. Just seemed to muscle him off the ball from where I was watching and the player (was it that no.25 yet again?) fell to the floor like he'd been taken out by a sniper.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline NarutoReds

• Looking for an alcohol-fuelled sixsome with Crosby Nick, Ghost Town, WhereAngelsPlay, Charlie Adams fried egg and Al 666. Any takers?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Saw Everton - "I'd shut the curtains..."
« Reply #235 on: November 26, 2021, 12:22:29 pm »
Linda loves clean sheet.  ;D
It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for and to remind the opposition who they're playing against!

Offline On Axis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #236 on: November 26, 2021, 12:23:37 pm »
I thought he grew into the game. There was a moment in the first half where the ball seemed to get lost in his feet and Porto went on a counterattack. Other than that moment, he seemed much steadier in the second half to me. Some good passes at times but also kept it simple.

There was a moment in the first half where a Porto player got the drop on Konate, but he recovered excellently to force a goal kick.

He's not the finished product but he's in the best possible to environment to learn.

Offline kaesarsosei

• Brutally bad.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #237 on: November 26, 2021, 02:47:55 pm »
Going against the grain here, but I wouldn't mind Atletico getting out of the group. We can't meet them in the last 16 and I would fancy them to eventually come good this season and give the likes of City or Chelsea a lot more trouble than Milan or Porto would.

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #238 on: November 26, 2021, 02:54:11 pm »
Going against the grain here, but I wouldn't mind Atletico getting out of the group. We can't meet them in the last 16 and I would fancy them to eventually come good this season and give the likes of City or Chelsea a lot more trouble than Milan or Porto would.

I'd like them to get out if it meant them facing United. That would be a most enjoyable bloodbath. :)
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline ant

• Legacy Fan
  • Spread the faith - YNWA !!!
    • OLSC - France
« Reply #239 on: November 27, 2021, 11:43:00 am »
will Milner miss the Milan game for the yellow card ?
www.liverpoolfrance.com - The home of Liverpool fans in France.

Get down to 1 of our 2 pubs in Paris, Lush Bar or Kop Bar, for all the Red's games on the tele :
http://www.liverpoolfrance.com/ou-voir-les-reds/

TRADE COUNT WHEN WE HAD A TICKET EXCHANGE : 24