Author Topic: PL: Brentford v Liverpool - Saturday, 25 September  (Read 17951 times)

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
Re: PL: Brentford v Liverpool - Saturday, 25 September
« Reply #80 on: September 24, 2021, 02:36:48 am »
Based on todays "inside training" we look sharp as a tack and raring to go all over the park. Brentford will have to do well to stay with that. 
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline King Kenny 7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #81 on: September 24, 2021, 03:07:32 am »
This is gonna be a cracker!

There will be every sort of "incident an accident, hints and allegations"

But looking at a 2-5 when the dust lies.

Dont call me Al !!!

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: September 24, 2021, 06:07:04 am »
Based on todays "inside training" we look sharp as a tack and raring to go all over the park. Brentford will have to do well to stay with that. 

This is more like it.
This is Brentford for goodness sake.
We are Liverpool FC.
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #83 on: September 24, 2021, 06:15:50 am »
This is gonna be a cracker!

There will be every sort of "incident an accident, hints and allegations"

But looking at a 2-5 when the dust lies.

Dont call me Al !!!

Great tune. But why would anyone call you Al?

--Edit-- currently about the third comment on youtube "literally this was the first song from the west i heard as a child, when the borders opened after the soviet occupation in Hungary and i thought America is a funny,  happy place with uplifting songs."

What a strange world we live in.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2021, 06:18:21 am by PaulF »
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Raid

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: September 24, 2021, 07:11:36 am »
We can always switch to a 4231 which we have in the past and just play 2 midfielders.  Honestly there is almost no reason to be concerned at this point. Brentford have had a bit of the rub of the green but are no where near our level.  We just play the way we can play and it should be an easy 3 points.

Yeah, didn’t Klopp refer to Bobby as his joker in training or something? Might be looking at him in the 10

Offline Perham

• Effes v2.0 - RAWK's Official Dog Snogger!
  • Legacy Fan
  • All is well
« Reply #85 on: September 24, 2021, 07:28:22 am »
One of the few teams in the league I have no negative feelings about... probably because they haven't been up here long enough to hate their fans or style of play but from what I've seen so far since they've been up both have been sound. That being said lets batter  them anyway!
if I came home to allison in bed with my wife I'd ask him to phone Virgil to see if he wanted to pop round too.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: September 24, 2021, 08:35:13 am »
Only concern is that it puts a lot of pressure on Fabinho and Henderson as they have a quick Sat-Tuesday turnaround for Porto and Brentford. Thankfully City is last up on Sunday.
Porto the only on short rest and Im sure the staff with the medical team have a plan for the short rest on tuesday

Offline Realgman

• Kopite
  • gerrup the yard
« Reply #87 on: September 24, 2021, 09:00:54 am »
Lot of comments saying we will bash these, hope we do, and think we will win, good to be positive, but dont underestimate this brentford side, they are full of energy, and are well coached.
Their fearlessness should play into our hands.. but who knows what franks plan may be..he might try jam the door closed..
I am not a dreamer. I am a football romantic-Jurgen Klopp

Online Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: September 24, 2021, 09:10:38 am »
Definitely the promoted team that are going to cause a few upsets this year. Not jam packed with individual talent but they look very well coached and full of attitude. Their raucous stadium also looks like it will be as asset - especially for evening games like this. But with our first team having midweek off and with most of our best 11 injury free available I can't see anything but a win for us. The quartet of Alisson, Van Djik, Matip, and Fabinho, means we have very little to fear in games like this.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #89 on: September 24, 2021, 09:14:42 am »
The times I’ve been to Brentford their fans have been ‘nice’ rather than raucous but the Arsenal game was impressive and they’ll be up for this one I’m sure. Be ready for a few Championship level songs and a Bullshit....aaaah at goal kicks.

I think they’re also happy not to force it, I don’t think they’ll go too gung ho as they’ll be wary of us (rightly). I can see it being the kind of game where Mo gets wrestled ten times without any foul being given. I think the movement of Jota or Mané will lead to good chances for us eventually though.

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: September 24, 2021, 09:17:18 am »
Figured I'd share the Brentford press conference.

https://youtu.be/AIp637ayC1k

I know little about Thomas Frank (until yesterday maybe not even both his names) but he comes across really well here and I liked his energy and way of communicating. Seems sound to me.

He said if one was to swap Norberg and Fabinho then it might be hard to tell the difference! Now I'm sure that's a way of motivating his player, but at same time I couldn't pick Norberg out of a lineup, let alone comment on his abilities, so that was interesting to see a Premier League manager make that comparison. Maybe he'll have a different view come Sunday morning..

Really looking forward to this game, think it will be really interesting

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #91 on: September 24, 2021, 09:20:38 am »
Norberg is good, he’s very involved with Denmark so he is international quality. Probably more so than any other player they have. Wouldn’t swap him for Fabinho though!

According to my fantasy football app, Henry is a doubt for them with an ankle injury. That would be quite a loss for them although I reckon he’ll play.

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #92 on: September 24, 2021, 09:43:03 am »
Should be an exciting game but we have enough to win the game

Alisson, Trent, VVD, Matip, Robertson, Fabinho, Henderson, Keita, Salah, Jota, Mane.

Think these are the right times to give Taki especially some games as well. We need to rotate more this season.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2021, 09:45:05 am by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #93 on: September 24, 2021, 09:54:10 am »
One of the few teams in the league I have no negative feelings about... probably because they haven't been up here long enough to hate their fans or style of play but from what I've seen so far since they've been up both have been sound. That being said lets batter  them anyway!
Fairly sure there will be renditions of sign on. And mentions of bin dippers. Oppo fans can't help themselves.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline William Regal

• Kopite
« Reply #94 on: September 24, 2021, 10:22:27 am »
The type of game you have to win the battle first to win the game

0-2, second half goals from mane and jota

Online Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #95 on: September 24, 2021, 10:50:55 am »
Looks like a midfield of Fabinho, Henderson and Jones.

No Thiago and Keita
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline HardworkDedication

• Hardwork and Dedication linked to many stories - Mingebag. Has no opinion of his own. Human news ticker tape.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: September 24, 2021, 10:52:48 am »
Klopp has just confirmed Thiago is out until at least after the international break. Keita out of tomorrows game.

Online Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: September 24, 2021, 10:58:11 am »
Looks like a midfield of Fabinho, Henderson and Jones.

No Thiago and Keita
Jones has looked bright in his appearances so far. Good opportunity for him.

Online Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: September 24, 2021, 11:17:05 am »
Think we might see a two-man midfield in at least one of the games over the coming week. Might be a good option considering the injuries and the fact that Bobby is back and Taki/Origi are both in good form.

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #99 on: September 24, 2021, 11:22:20 am »
Think we might see a two-man midfield in at least one of the games over the coming week. Might be a good option considering the injuries and the fact that Bobby is back and Taki/Origi are both in good form.

Kind of agree plus five subs midweek helps.

Need a strong midfield for City.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: September 24, 2021, 11:23:28 am »

No point being strong for City if we don't beat Brentford. Definitely can't underestimate them

Online Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #101 on: September 24, 2021, 11:24:58 am »
Jones has looked bright in his appearances so far. Good opportunity for him.

Yeah, it wouldn't shock me to see Ox start either but I think it should be Jones. Three midfielders out, after a good performance midweek this should be his chance to try and cement a spot.

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #102 on: September 24, 2021, 11:34:06 am »
No point being strong for City if we don't beat Brentford. Definitely can't underestimate them
I’d have thought there’s even more reason to be strong against City if we drop points versus Brentford, not that I think we will. But they’re different games and we are more likely to need our best 11 v Man City regardless of the result tomorrow.
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #103 on: September 24, 2021, 11:34:30 am »

We will have - Fab, Hendo and Jones

One game at a time
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #104 on: September 24, 2021, 11:37:58 am »
I think Ox probably starts vs Porto
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #105 on: September 24, 2021, 11:42:17 am »
Klopp has just confirmed Thiago is out until at least after the international break. Keita out of tomorrows game.

Should have signed Bissouma when we had the chance.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #106 on: September 24, 2021, 11:48:53 am »
Should never have sold Chirivella

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #107 on: September 24, 2021, 11:57:30 am »
Should never have sold Chirivella
I'm still fuming at the sale of Clyne to be honest...would have unleashed TAA as the bet midfielder in the world as opposed to his stagnation as a workhorse FB.

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #108 on: September 24, 2021, 11:59:43 am »
Should have signed Bissouma when we had the chance.
I'm interested why Bissouma hasn't been bought by anyone with European football. I am guess that he's regarded as not being value for money.

Those two payers will be back in 10 days or so I think.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #109 on: September 24, 2021, 11:59:51 am »
Pretty annoying that we let Lallana go on a free
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: September 24, 2021, 12:01:08 pm »

We played a front four (Mane, Jota, Salah, Bobby) against City at the Etihad last season, with Henderson and Gini as a midfield two. May see similar next Sunday, with Fabinho and Henderson in the middle.

Personally I'd only play one of Fabinho and Henderson tomorrow, with the other getting the Porto game. Jordan had minutes at Norwich to keep him ticking over, so personally I'd play Fab tomorrow and then have Hendo starting at Porto. Maybe something like Fabinho, Milner and Jones tomorrow and then Henderson, Milner and Ox on Tuesday. Also a chance of Minamino getting midfield minutes, considering he ended up there in the second half at Norwich.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: September 24, 2021, 12:08:12 pm »
I’d have thought there’s even more reason to be strong against City if we drop points versus Brentford, not that I think we will. But they’re different games and we are more likely to need our best 11 v Man City regardless of the result tomorrow.

I mean obviously the point was that weakening ourselves too much against Brentford in anticipation of a City we could easily lose to even with our strongest 11 would be rather daft. Of course squad rotation as ever is necessary but we really need to win this one so not so sure about switching things up too dramatically in terms of formation and everything. Probably more likely to experiment against City in an attempt to catch them out like we did last season.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: September 24, 2021, 12:10:27 pm »
Fabinho Henderson Jones

Henderson Milner Ox - Porto

Fabinho Henderson Jones - City

Potentially

Offline Fitzy.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #113 on: September 24, 2021, 12:12:40 pm »
We played a front four (Mane, Jota, Salah, Bobby) against City at the Etihad last season, with Henderson and Gini as a midfield two. May see similar next Sunday, with Fabinho and Henderson in the middle.

Good shout - very likely I think.

Online bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: September 24, 2021, 12:12:44 pm »
They’re amongst the best defences in the league according to xG so this might be a slightly difficult one. Some good attackers too, including Toney. Just win.

Offline Fitzy.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #115 on: September 24, 2021, 12:19:13 pm »
They’re amongst the best defences in the league according to xG so this might be a slightly difficult one. Some good attackers too, including Toney. Just win.
Toney was exceptionally good against Wolves last Saturday.

Offline ...

• Better than "Wall's Viennetta". Fact.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: September 24, 2021, 12:23:00 pm »

They haven't exactly played anyone great

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: September 24, 2021, 12:56:35 pm »
Pretty annoying that we let Lallana go on a free

it's ok. Gerrard is coming out of retirement for this week of games.

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #118 on: September 24, 2021, 01:26:17 pm »
Fabinho Henderson Jones

Henderson Milner Ox - Porto

Fabinho Henderson Jones - City

Potentially

My thinking was quite close to this though I was thinking Fabinho rather than Henderson versus Porto. More so because Fabinho got the midweek off and didn't play during the last international break.

The other aspect, which Barefoot Doctor mentioned, is a shift to 4-2-3-1. With Firmino now fit, it's something we could do with our 4 frontline attacking options. Could also be something we could employ versus Porto with Origi as the No.9 and Firmino as the No.10. Could then play just 2 midfielders and potentially AOC and/or Minamino in the front4. Would negate the use of 3 midfielders, and potentially help rest 2 out of the 4 normal front 3 contenders.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Online Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: September 24, 2021, 01:30:17 pm »
With no Thiago and Keita I would think that Milner comes in on the left hand side of midfield ahead of Jones or Ox. Although I wonder if a surprise inclusion of Taki in midfield like the 2nd half against Norwich might be a consideration.