Author Topic: The People's Club (I was saying Boo-urns)  (Read 2195390 times)

Offline kaesarsosei

• Brutally bad.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Rafa's got the Blues *
« Reply #1320 on: September 15, 2021, 01:04:29 pm »
Money laundering - he is an accountant after all. ;D

to be honest this is what I thought it was, but I didn't know enough to say it  :)

I'm sure I read theories in the past that Abramovich put so much money into Chelsea because it's an asset that could never be stripped from him had his shady dealings with Russian gas came back to haunt him (which never happened, and won't now). Actually I'd say Chelsea are worth pretty close to his total investment over the 17 years. I'm sure he has pumped in £2bn but Chelsea are probably worth that now.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #1321 on: September 15, 2021, 01:36:22 pm »
There's an old adage in the coaching community that once you give yourself permission to produce bad work, you inevitably end up

...hiring and retaining Duncan Ferguson.
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1322 on: September 15, 2021, 02:03:39 pm »
It's so weird how their fanbase view United and City - broadly positive, and will give excuses if they fall short. Just so dumb given the fact that its all to do with us.
They get called all the Scouse slurs under the sun but still opened the Brick with a free spread for United fans before that EL tie, it was public servitude and masochism for their Mancunian master.

They are nothing but Submissive Gimps for their Mancunian overloards.

« Last Edit: September 15, 2021, 02:05:42 pm by RedSince86 »
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1323 on: September 15, 2021, 02:04:50 pm »
It's that time of the year, 4 games in and they are getting giddy again.

What does he want, a wee badge or something?  Seriously, how do they not find this sort of thing utterly exhausting?  They've been doing it for years, and it never does anything for them.  You don't get anything for having more players in a combined XI put together by a neutral, you get even less for one that you've done yourself.

I've never put any thought into a combined XI with any team, because it's totally fucking irrelevant.  I could just about understand it in the build up to a big game between two teams as a way of filling the many hours of broadcasting that would have programmed for it, but for two sides who aren't playing each other for a couple of months it seems worse than pointless.

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #1324 on: September 15, 2021, 02:49:12 pm »
What does he want, a wee badge or something?  Seriously, how do they not find this sort of thing utterly exhausting?  They've been doing it for years, and it never does anything for them.  You don't get anything for having more players in a combined XI put together by a neutral, you get even less for one that you've done yourself.

I've never put any thought into a combined XI with any team, because it's totally fucking irrelevant.  I could just about understand it in the build up to a big game between two teams as a way of filling the many hours of broadcasting that would have programmed for it, but for two sides who aren't playing each other for a couple of months it seems worse than pointless.
It's also futile, even when in the build-up to a big game.

"Here's a list I have put together of footballers that have never played together, lots of famous names but absolutely no sense of team building or balance." You don't just combine players from different sides and expect an actual team to emerge by picking the notional favourite players.

As you say, a biased blue sticking in a load of Everton players in one of these is daft.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #1325 on: September 15, 2021, 03:03:01 pm »
I wonder if Espanyol, 1860 Munich and Torino fans also put together these ridiculous combined XI teams just so they can talk shite whilst trying to link their clubs to far bigger and infinitely more successful geographic rivals?
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1326 on: September 15, 2021, 03:13:25 pm »
Being serious here, if Rafa can keep everyone fit and maybe make a couple of shrewd signings in January, these could knock the Mancs out of the top 4. There is no denying Rafa is in the top 3 or 4 as far as quality of manager is concerned, he's been there, done it, worn the t-shirt etc, so wouldn't be surprised if he did do something unexpected.

Needs rid of T-Rex though.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1327 on: September 15, 2021, 03:16:18 pm »
They get called all the Scouse slurs under the sun but still opened the Brick with a free spread for United fans before that EL tie, it was public servitude and masochism for their Mancunian master.

They are nothing but Submissive Gimps for their Mancunian overloards.

That just needs some sort of symbol embroidering on it, something a bit like

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1328 on: September 15, 2021, 03:16:37 pm »
Being serious here, if Rafa can keep everyone fit and maybe make a couple of shrewd signings in January, these could knock the Mancs out of the top 4. There is no denying Rafa is in the top 3 or 4 as far as quality of manager is concerned, he's been there, done it, worn the t-shirt etc, so wouldn't be surprised if he did do something unexpected.

One thing is absolutely certain. He is a better manager than Ole and with his resources there's no doubt in my mind Rafe would have Utd seriously challenging.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1329 on: September 15, 2021, 03:23:53 pm »

He's a great manager but the lack of quality and depth in the squad will tell at some point, the mancs can play like shit and still win because of the amount of pace and threat they have, they can deal with injuries and rotate enough to keep fresh during those rough periods around Christmas.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1330 on: September 15, 2021, 03:36:45 pm »
He's a great manager but the lack of quality and depth in the squad will tell at some point, the mancs can play like shit and still win because of the amount of pace and threat they have, they can deal with injuries and rotate enough to keep fresh during those rough periods around Christmas.

Everyone said that about Leicester too ;)

Their season is heavily reliant on if they can keep everyone fit, if they get injuries then that will kill them. Its likely Rafa is looking for some cheap incomings in January, maybe frees and will want to shift some dead wood to improve the squad, that could freshen them up.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1331 on: September 15, 2021, 03:45:14 pm »
Quote from: FiSh77 link=topic= :D348992.msg17950277#msg17950277 date=1631715378
That just needs some sort of symbol embroidering on it, something a bit like

;D

Capon some of your skills are needed.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #1332 on: September 15, 2021, 04:01:14 pm »
One thing is absolutely certain. He is a better manager than Ole and with his resources there's no doubt in my mind Rafe would have Utd seriously challenging.

I think he is a better manager than Ancelotti as well. It is painful to see that despite all that Rafa doing for Everton, their fans still treated him like shit. Most of them worship Ancelotti like a second coming of Christ and refused to stay open-minded that their current manager is simply better, period.

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #1333 on: September 15, 2021, 04:01:49 pm »

They also don`t understand the principle of gestalt either. I bet Rafa does though.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #1334 on: September 15, 2021, 05:10:09 pm »
Rafa will be watching us tonight.

So will the Bitters.

The difference is, Rafa will be hoping we win.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1335 on: September 15, 2021, 05:56:19 pm »
Rafa will be watching us tonight.

So will the Bitters.

The difference is, Rafa will be hoping we win.

Is he at the game? Imagine the fewm if he cheers when we score ;D

Offline thegoodfella

• makes reindeer pizza
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...siempre es posible
« Reply #1336 on: September 15, 2021, 06:47:30 pm »

Offline Original

• Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #1337 on: September 16, 2021, 10:42:46 am »
It's so weird how their fanbase view United and City - broadly positive, and will give excuses if they fall short. Just so dumb given the fact that its all to do with us.

And they call us a cult 🙄

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #1338 on: September 17, 2021, 12:13:52 pm »
I have no doubts he'll improve on what Ancelotti did last season (nothing, basically)

He finished 10th, and I could see Rafa getting them 8th. They also had a poor window with no significant buys, but if he can keep Townsend and Gray producing every once in a while, they'll be seen as good signings.

In the long term, it might not be too bad if they have an alright season this year. By alright I mean finishing just outside of a European place. The worst thing they can do from here is start rewarding players in their late 20s long term deals, the likes of Michael Keane and Allan, etc. When it eventually does go wrong, the next man will be taking over a squad worse than they had when Marco Silva came in.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1339 on: September 17, 2021, 12:39:57 pm »
For all the shouts of then being delusional, I think it’s bonkers a few posters in here think they have an very slim, outside chance of champions league and ‘pipping United’ solely based on Rafa being in charge

They’ll just about scrape top half of the table let’s be honest

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #1340 on: September 17, 2021, 01:14:21 pm »
For all the shouts of then being delusional, I think it’s bonkers a few posters in here think they have an very slim, outside chance of champions league and ‘pipping United’ solely based on Rafa being in charge

They’ll just about scrape top half of the table let’s be honest

But where do you think Everton will finish?
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1341 on: September 17, 2021, 01:54:36 pm »
But where do you think Everton will finish?

The holy grail of 10th place

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #1342 on: September 17, 2021, 03:29:16 pm »
Rafa can make any island of misfit toys work

Ole does less with more

I dream of Rafa finishing above Manchester UFC (their court-ordered name)

I don't see it happening, its just

I know I'd back it. Sort of. Ole kept on, I also want....

Everton 6th Man UFC (ugh this is already painful) 7th?

Online 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #1343 on: September 17, 2021, 04:39:30 pm »
See they are out begging for a £15m grant and a £30m loan off the Mersey region regeneration authority to tart up the dock lands, so even the much vaunted blue JCB  must have been in danger of repossession?
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #1344 on: September 17, 2021, 04:42:02 pm »
See they are out begging for a £15m grant and a £30m loan off the Mersey region regeneration authority to tart up the dock lands, so even the much vaunted blue JCB  must have been in danger of repossession?

Well Usmanov earned his billions by 'pulling the wool' over the eyes of the Russian authorities so why not try it on here?

Online 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #1345 on: September 17, 2021, 05:20:21 pm »
Well Usmanov earned his billions by 'pulling the wool' over the eyes of the Russian authorities so why not try it on here?

A man who doesn’t pay taxes here getting taxpayers money towards his new premises would cause outrage ordinarily.
They’ve pissed away nigh on £500m in players managers and wages, and are getting taxpayer grants and loans to prepare the site, when Moshiri was supposedly funding the initial groundworks himself.
Peel are pissing themselves laughing.
They have fucked off the UNESCO restrictions so they can throw whatever shite up they want, and some other soft bastards ie the taxpayers, are clearing up the worst plot on the docks for them, and Everton are paying they to be allowed to do it.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1346 on: September 17, 2021, 07:07:54 pm »
Why don't they just ask Uzzy for it, seeing as he supposed to be bankrolling them?
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #1347 on: September 17, 2021, 08:06:32 pm »

Paint has come off in the rain
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline MrGrumpy

• Miserable old man. Does things with Nutella while trying not to think about football.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1348 on: September 18, 2021, 07:17:57 pm »
There is something very odd about watching Rafa deep in conversation with Duncan Disorderely.
Justice for the 96!

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #1349 on: September 18, 2021, 07:20:21 pm »
So not gonna win the league then ? Ah well

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1350 on: September 18, 2021, 07:20:58 pm »
Just saw the result :lmao
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Oldmanmick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1351 on: September 18, 2021, 07:23:11 pm »
Spoilt for choice tonight. GOT or Bluemoon.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1352 on: September 18, 2021, 07:24:48 pm »
They will still be champions but thank God they wont be champions without losing a single match.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1353 on: September 18, 2021, 07:25:01 pm »
Rafa the Red out?

:lmao :lmao :lmao

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #1354 on: September 18, 2021, 07:26:36 pm »

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1355 on: September 18, 2021, 07:27:59 pm »

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1356 on: September 18, 2021, 07:28:20 pm »
:lmao

Offline Jshooters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Occasionally inspirational
« Reply #1357 on: September 18, 2021, 07:38:38 pm »
Spoilt for choice tonight. GOT or Bluemoon.

;D
Believer

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #1358 on: September 18, 2021, 07:39:53 pm »
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1359 on: September 18, 2021, 07:43:02 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/O3fzwY8xTzs#t=0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/O3fzwY8xTzs#t=0</a>
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art