Author Topic: Fantasy Premier League  (Read 287262 times)

Offline buttersstotch

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Fantasy Premier League 2020/2021
« Reply #4440 on: September 26, 2021, 11:25:09 pm »
Is anyone else’s subs bench consistently getting over 15pts every week? I’ve left Toney on the bench twice and always the defender I don’t choose (Walker this week) getting a clean sheet. Frustrating. I haven’t got my captain right since week 1 but at least is cursed Ronaldo.

My bench gets me about 4 points a week. Think the key to this game is having reliable bench players who are cheap and playing every week (4.0, and 2x 4.5s). Leaves you with too many options of who to pick and when your player plays a big team, e.g. Toney you bench them. If I had a stronger bench, I'd have been tempted to bench him, but I've seen it way too many times before.

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4441 on: September 27, 2021, 07:24:39 am »
My bench gets me about 4 points a week. Think the key to this game is having reliable bench players who are cheap and playing every week (4.0, and 2x 4.5s). Leaves you with too many options of who to pick and when your player plays a big team, e.g. Toney you bench them. If I had a stronger bench, I'd have been tempted to bench him, but I've seen it way too many times before.

Yeah, you're probably right. I tend to get too excited about squad depth and end up having to choose between players like Toney, Gallagher or Harrison for a place on the bench. I've already played my bench boost so I should really find regular players in the 4.0-4.5 range, even if they're the likes of Romeu who will rarely break the 2-point barrier. I did pick up Brandon Williams for 4.0, who has dutifully played 90 minutes, conceded 2+ goals and been booked in the last two games, so I don't have to fret over him wasting bench points. :)

Another note to self - when your first-choice GK is at home to Norwich, even if he is listed as injured for 2-3 weeks, start him anyway and let auto-sub do it's thing if necessary. Don't bench him yourself!!

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #4442 on: September 27, 2021, 08:37:39 am »
That Spurs consolation goal (I had Ramsey and White in my team), and Traore not making the Wolves lineup, has diddled me a little bit.

On 50 with just Duffy left to play.
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline buttersstotch

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4443 on: September 27, 2021, 12:20:34 pm »
Yeah, you're probably right. I tend to get too excited about squad depth and end up having to choose between players like Toney, Gallagher or Harrison for a place on the bench. I've already played my bench boost so I should really find regular players in the 4.0-4.5 range, even if they're the likes of Romeu who will rarely break the 2-point barrier. I did pick up Brandon Williams for 4.0, who has dutifully played 90 minutes, conceded 2+ goals and been booked in the last two games, so I don't have to fret over him wasting bench points. :)

Another note to self - when your first-choice GK is at home to Norwich, even if he is listed as injured for 2-3 weeks, start him anyway and let auto-sub do it's thing if necessary. Don't bench him yourself!!

Might be too late this season, or if you have your wildcard/2nd wildcard in the 2nd half of the season, I'd recommned watching a YouTube video from Lets Talk FPL. All these guys who do really well usually have the same teams, not the way I like to always play but it will help you with team structure. You have a transfer each week, so I wouln't worry about squad depth too much, just concentrate on mainly have 9-10 nailed on players who start every week.

Offline GreatEx

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4444 on: September 28, 2021, 08:26:07 am »
Might be too late this season, or if you have your wildcard/2nd wildcard in the 2nd half of the season, I'd recommned watching a YouTube video from Lets Talk FPL. All these guys who do really well usually have the same teams, not the way I like to always play but it will help you with team structure. You have a transfer each week, so I wouln't worry about squad depth too much, just concentrate on mainly have 9-10 nailed on players who start every week.

The team conformity is definitely the thing I hate most about this game (well, that and the "everyone's a midfielder" player classifications). I keep talking about doing a draft-style league but then the blokes who run my leagues auto-renew and I forget to do anything about it.

Anyway, I have started to put my plan into action by replacing Nicolas Pépé (7.2) with S. Longstaff (4.5). That gives me a clear first-choice 7 for midfield and attack, and leaves Tarkowski (5.0) as my only bench player over 4.5. I might downgrade him soon as well because Burnley are gash anyway. Then I should be able to upgrade one of my mid-priced mids to a Son, or bring in another premium defender.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #4445 on: September 28, 2021, 12:51:58 pm »

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #4446 on: October 2, 2021, 04:22:01 pm »
Took Hwang out this week. I am so smart. S-M-R-T.
AHA!

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #4447 on: October 2, 2021, 04:58:13 pm »
Took Hwang out this week. I am so smart. S-M-R-T.

I was about to add him and changed my mind last minute. Took a 4 point hit to get Lukaku in instead. And captained him...
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #4448 on: October 2, 2021, 05:09:35 pm »
A solid 7 so far including from my captain.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #4449 on: October 2, 2021, 07:15:51 pm »
Probably gonna end up a man short because Christenson didn't play and Trents hurt but nothing can stop my delight at the Shaw/C Ronaldo total return of 4 points  ;D

Eat that Suckers!
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline Roblaar

• Anny Roader
« Reply #4450 on: October 2, 2021, 09:14:49 pm »
Pleasingly I think I'm top.

Offline Cruiser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4451 on: October 2, 2021, 09:15:54 pm »
11 points with Ronaldo as captain. Why the fuck was he on the bench?  :butt
If he retires I'll eat my fucking cock.

Great anti climax for those expecting jizzihno....

Offline GreatEx

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4452 on: October 3, 2021, 07:06:46 am »
Already 4 DNPs for me this week, annoying that Norwich dropped Williams for their first proper defensive effort. Might be time to give up on Havertz, who I was sure was going to be a steal. On the other hand, my decision to bring in Jimenez in week 5 has paid off handsomely, seems I got his rehab period just right.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #4453 on: October 3, 2021, 10:18:12 am »
Only 15 points but clean sheets from Sanchez and Duffy.

Son, Jota, vvd, vardy, Toney, spurs sanchez and Salah c still to go
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4454 on: October 3, 2021, 11:38:12 am »
Frustrating season continues. Risked double Chelsea defence of Mendy and Rudiger which of course backfired. Ronaldo captain and Gray doing well but no assist or goal.

Got Matip Salah Antonio Benhrama and Grealish left but only on 15 points and 40 odd behind the leader now.

Just not got any luck at all so far.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline GreatEx

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4455 on: October 4, 2021, 03:49:02 am »
Sucked in to anyone who de-captained Mo because we were playing City. Set and forget, or reap the consequences of disloyalty! I had a gameweek rank of 480k even though Mo and Jimenez were the only players who did anything of note... I guess you can count Tarkowski's clean sheet and yellow card if desperate.

Offline Trump's tiny tiny hands

• Legacy Fan
  • Building steam with a grain of salt
« Reply #4456 on: October 4, 2021, 09:50:46 am »
Best match day yet, jumped over a hundred places in the RAWK league to leave me.... outside the top 200. Its going great.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #4457 on: October 4, 2021, 10:58:19 am »
69 points

ranked in top 25000 for week and in top 150000 in world

solid week

yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Rosario

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4458 on: October 5, 2021, 07:23:30 am »
Thank god for Mo Salah hey! Almost singlehandedly gotten me into the top half million overall  8)

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #4459 on: October 7, 2021, 10:51:42 pm »
Frustrating season continues. Risked double Chelsea defence of Mendy and Rudiger which of course backfired. Ronaldo captain and Gray doing well but no assist or goal.

Got Matip Salah Antonio Benhrama and Grealish left but only on 15 points and 40 odd behind the leader now.

Just not got any luck at all so far.

Ronaldo Captain was a good shout though. Should have had Bruno and Shaw as well, the holy trinity those guys are amazing man.

:lmao

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #4460 on: October 12, 2021, 07:42:42 am »
Wildcard active 😬

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #4461 on: October 12, 2021, 07:48:58 am »
I stupidly sold Trent when he was injured to get an extra Xhelsea defender in and they conceded anyway. Now I’m struggling to afford to buy him back. Stupid.

Offline LiamG

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #4462 on: October 14, 2021, 07:39:28 am »
I stupidly sold Trent when he was injured to get an extra Xhelsea defender in and they conceded anyway. Now I’m struggling to afford to buy him back. Stupid.

I'm going without him on my WC, but have a contingency plan to get him back in

Offline red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4463 on: October 14, 2021, 01:15:29 pm »
Fuck me!! There’s quite a few players potentially missing games this weekend. I’ve got 5 players with 75% chance of playing and one at 25%. Fingers crossed.

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #4464 on: October 15, 2021, 10:56:17 pm »
Raphina, Fabinho and Alisson all played for Brazil.

Our lads are 100% ruled out but Raphina has a 75% chance of playing. Why? The 150 minutes difference in kick off times?
Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.
Adios Rafa, buena suerte.

Some people say I'm a dreamer...

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #4465 on: October 16, 2021, 01:46:36 am »
Played my wildcard just after the last gw ended and its been boring as hell!   gonna end up making very few changes. Tried to make a few bucks by selling everyone i could without taking a loss and just buying players who were about to go up, but none of them went up twice and some didn't even go up at all. Strategy-FAIL.

oh well. so i basically just put it all back the way it was before i have  traded amarty for that 3.9 dude , put in ramsdale for sanchez for no good reason really might regret that, kept Cancelo of the newbies.  then overthinking it some probably ive tossed jota and odegaard for foden and kovacic for one game because jota looks like he will drop in price tonight and i will buy him back then.  right now ive got kovacic and foden in but im likely to turn that into jota and sarr going forward ,mostly because i just like watching them better  ;D  and they are good

514k at the first turn  "not great not terrible"  (Chernobyl dude studies the readings)   

ok im going back in. really did squat with this card so far just studied the financials every morning uselessly

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #4466 on: October 16, 2021, 07:05:45 am »

Took a -4 to get Trent back in. Had to sell
Harvey Barnes and all I could afford was Hojberg but hoping he’s a useful 5th midfielder that you never pick but will pick up two points most week if needed.

Just seen Ederson probably won’t play this week, presumably similar situation to Alisson. Shite.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #4467 on: October 16, 2021, 05:04:28 pm »
Dias didn’t start either. One point from two City defenders from that nailed on clean sheet of a game!

Offline LiamG

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #4468 on: October 17, 2021, 09:59:25 am »
53 points so far, up to 138 in RAWK league!

Imagine if i'd captained Salah!

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #4469 on: October 17, 2021, 04:55:18 pm »
53 points so far, up to 138 in RAWK league!

Imagine if i'd captained Salah!

Who did you captain!?

Lukaku?

Offline GreatEx

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4470 on: October 18, 2021, 10:27:12 pm »
No excuse for having Salah and not captaining him, he got 13 points from a City team that's conceded one goal from its other 7games!

I just this minute played my first wildcard, I finally cut bait on Havertz (too late to avoid losing another 0.1), and by trading the disappointing Coufal for the also disappointing but cheap Ben White, I had enough in the bank to swap him and Antonio (who seems to have gone off the boil and may drop value) with the ever reliable Son and Vardy. While I'm at it, I improved my cheap defensive spots, with Manquillo coming in at 4.0 before people notice his regular starts and assists. I also swapped Sean Longstaff for Mathijs Normann for no particular reason except maybe having a more colourful squad. Might make other trades later, my defence is a tad weak with only 2 top shelfers (Trent and Dias) and a rotating cheap 3 (Livramento, White, Manquillo).

GK: Pickford
DF: Trent, Dias, Livramento
MF: Son(vc) Salah(c), Benrahma, Gallagher
FW: Toney, Jimenez, Vardy
sub: Sanchez, Manquillo, Normann, White
Bank: 0.2
« Last Edit: October 18, 2021, 10:30:51 pm by GreatEx »

Offline LiamG

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #4471 on: October 19, 2021, 07:39:48 am »
Who did you captain!?

Lukaku?

Mahrez!

62 all out

would of been 72 had i captained Mo, 141 in rawk league, 390k overall

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4472 on: October 21, 2021, 07:24:11 pm »
Daka in for Lukaku? Or am I being swayed by his past two games?
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #4473 on: October 21, 2021, 07:26:07 pm »
Daka in for Lukaku? Or am I being swayed by his past two games?

He’s not nailed on to start in the league is he? Think he’s been used as a sub mainly.

You’ve just reminded me I need to replace Lukaku. Fucks sake.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4474 on: October 21, 2021, 07:29:38 pm »
He’s not nailed on to start in the league is he? Think he’s been used as a sub mainly.

You’ve just reminded me I need to replace Lukaku. Fucks sake.

Yeah, that would be my concern. I'm loathed to put Vardy in (mainly 'cos he's a twat) but there's not many other strikers who are that great at the moment.

Offline zimmie'5555

• passenger on an intergalactic spaceship... sometimes wishes he was a woman
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4475 on: October 21, 2021, 07:43:20 pm »
Yeah, that would be my concern. I'm loathed to put Vardy in (mainly 'cos he's a twat) but there's not many other strikers who are that great at the moment.

Auba

Online Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4476 on: October 21, 2021, 08:13:36 pm »
Auba

Hmm, can we really trust Arsenal and Aubameyang to not be terrible on any given day?

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #4477 on: October 21, 2021, 08:17:09 pm »

Boniek?

Online Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4478 on: October 21, 2021, 08:25:27 pm »
Boniek?

;D

He'd be a midfielder in FF though.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #4479 on: October 21, 2021, 08:56:14 pm »
Very hard who to captain this week.

Pep roulette never helps things and Chelsea have injuries.

Tempted by Kyle Walker or even Demari Gray but might just stick with Mo.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.