Author Topic: Coutinho  (Read 502731 times)

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
Re: Re: Coutinho
« Reply #160 on: December 28, 2017, 02:56:58 pm »
Fuck what Barca think/want most of this does not concern them and we should always remember this.

Let's be honest, if Coutinho still wants to go then he will leave, as per Sahin's comments about Klopp's conversation with thin. Of course this simply means that he will be sold when the time is right for the club. In the middle of the season with no replacement is not the time. It may well be in the summer but by then all sorts of things could change (he could be a £200m player by then).

When the time is right, then Barca can put their money where their mouth/arsehole is. If we are prepared to splash out £75m on a defender, how much do you think we value a magician?
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #161 on: December 28, 2017, 03:03:20 pm »
Fuck what Barca think/want most of this does not concern them and we should always remember this.

Let's be honest, if Coutinho still wants to go then he will leave, as per Sahin's comments about Klopp's conversation with thin. Of course this simply means that he will be sold when the time is right for the club. In the middle of the season with no replacement is not the time. It may well be in the summer but by then all sorts of things could change (he could be a £200m player by then).

I would hope we'd be flexible enough to accept £150m + Messi.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
Re: Coutinho
« Reply #162 on: December 28, 2017, 03:35:04 pm »
Barcelona has put Coutinho in an awkward spot. He went public with his his desires, very public, but Barcelona hasn't done their share by putting in a remotely acceptable bid. They haven't even bid half of the Neymar money. At bids below 100, they're just humiliating themselves and Coutinho. He must be fuming.

Imagine we would have bid 25M for VVD after his strike...

It's important that the club prepares for both scenarios.
If they suddenly bid 200,we'll probably accept and need to have replacements listed.
If they go for a younger player instead, which I believe, he will stay and we should maintain a good, forward looking relationship. He screwed up, but so has even more iconic players done before him.

Offline phil236849

• loves a Kwenchy Kup
  • Legacy Fan
  • Across the face of the goal
« Reply #163 on: December 28, 2017, 04:03:53 pm »
Barcelona has put Coutinho in an awkward spot. He went public with his his desires, very public, but Barcelona hasn't done their share by putting in a remotely acceptable bid. They haven't even bid half of the Neymar money. At bids below 100, they're just humiliating themselves and Coutinho. He must be fuming.

It's important that the club prepares for both scenarios.
If they suddenly bid 200,we'll probably accept and need to have replacements listed.
If they go for a younger player instead, which I believe, he will stay and we should maintain a good, forward looking relationship. He screwed up, but so has even more iconic players done before him.

I think the club are doing just that.  You can see they are playing it sensitively.  No big statements being made, Kloppo aint taking no media bait.  So as there is nothing in the media saying we have said we will reject all bids etc, Phil has no reason to rebel.  We are making Phil feel wanted and even making him captain from time to time.  This allows him to envisage a future here.  At the same time, you can't help but think we have Lemar lined up as an alternative in case Barca go big.  But there is no sign of them going big enough, at this stage at least, so at present the status quo should continue.  I just hope we don't get another back injury coming on...

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #164 on: December 28, 2017, 04:18:47 pm »
http://www.goal.com/en/news/75m-virgil-van-dijk-joins-naby-keita-in-jurgen-klopps-masterplan-/1faugqaw77z3c1mded913cfnkn

"Whether the masterful playmaker will still be at Liverpool when the winter window closes remains to be seen"

This line from Mel Reddy doesn't fill me with a ton of confidence to be honest.

To be fair I’ve written something me ridiculous sentences to get my word count up too
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline hassinator

• RAWK Funk Soul Brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oot and proud
    • good egg hq
« Reply #165 on: December 28, 2017, 05:14:40 pm »

if we had bid £25m for VVD then he'd have gone to city or chelsea.

if madrid or PSG come into the market then we can push the price up.

can't see the logic in selling phil in january myself or indeed before the world cup where his value will surely rise.

but, if we have agreed with him that he can go for the right price, then perhaps we don't care about the noise from barca.

they're linked with multiple targets at the moment but Atletico now saying griezman buyout is £200m until july which means they MAY have to move now.

in which case we need to take a sum of money that will physically hurt them and have absolutely top drawer replacement(s) lined up.

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #166 on: December 28, 2017, 05:24:16 pm »
To be fair I’ve written something me ridiculous sentences to get my word count up too

If Reddy actually had anything on Coutinho she'd be going front and centre with that story in another article. She's got the same whispers anyone else has right now.

Offline Geormajesty

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: December 28, 2017, 06:09:57 pm »
If Reddy actually had anything on Coutinho she'd be going front and centre with that story in another article. She's got the same whispers anyone else has right now.
Erm... http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/why-liverpool-could-be-more-open-to-selling-philippe-coutinho-to-/1ih2w8py3ojyg1ng2w02zco0mt

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #168 on: December 28, 2017, 06:28:05 pm »
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #169 on: December 28, 2017, 06:36:59 pm »
Erm... http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/why-liverpool-could-be-more-open-to-selling-philippe-coutinho-to-/1ih2w8py3ojyg1ng2w02zco0mt
That article was absolutely void of substance.

Fact is, Barcelona hasn't even made it hard for Liverpool to say no yet. A bid of max 82M, in installments and with clauses, is a joke in this market. Coutinho knows it too. It's significantly less than VVD or Suarez, practically speaking. If they offered 150M cash, they would at least ask some questions.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #170 on: December 28, 2017, 06:45:44 pm »
The best part about that article was the use of "Garrincha" as a verb

The great goat shagger can be whatever he likes.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #171 on: December 28, 2017, 06:45:52 pm »
if we had bid £25m for VVD then he'd have gone to city or chelsea.

if madrid or PSG come into the market then we can push the price up.

can't see the logic in selling phil in january myself or indeed before the world cup where his value will surely rise.

but, if we have agreed with him that he can go for the right price, then perhaps we don't care about the noise from barca.

they're linked with multiple targets at the moment but Atletico now saying griezman buyout is £200m until july which means they MAY have to move now.

in which case we need to take a sum of money that will physically hurt them and have absolutely top drawer replacement(s) lined up.

Has been my stance,he will go for £200m if he has a decent world cup,not 1 penny less.If he does go I hope that we will use some of our amazing youngsters before dropping it on a replacement.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Online reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #172 on: December 28, 2017, 06:50:26 pm »
I'm not sure he'll go, no idea why I just kinda feel they know they can't get him now.

Offline Yesitsanextender

• Colonel Mustard in the en-suite bathroom with a lead pipe.
  • Anny Roader
  • i love klopp, kloppy klopp klopp, down in my belly
« Reply #173 on: December 28, 2017, 07:55:35 pm »
It makes absolute zero sense for us to sell him jan if we dont have somebody of the same ilk level to fill in allready...that is the only reason he could go is if we have allready sorted a replacement

Offline Yesitsanextender

• Anny Roader
« Reply #174 on: December 28, 2017, 07:57:39 pm »
And IF he does go the figure will shock all of i reckon....the way he’s playing its gonna be massive!

Online Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #175 on: December 28, 2017, 08:34:19 pm »
150M is the minimum he can go for in the current market surely. And Barça cannot afford that. Will be interesting to see what unfolds. A lot of it is down to the player himself.
course they can £15m a season over 10 years, Bob's your uncle, Job Done!!
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline Yesitsanextender

• Anny Roader
« Reply #176 on: December 28, 2017, 08:37:33 pm »
Agree, the minimum has to be £150m...

Online Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #177 on: December 28, 2017, 08:55:03 pm »
I'm all for letting him see his contract out, maybe sell him with 18 months left if he won't sign a new contract! I certainly wouldn't be selling to Barca after all the shit they dished out in the summer through their press and have started again now with their players.

They should be the last team we should consider, fuck em!
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: December 28, 2017, 09:57:59 pm »

Offline Roger Federer

• Christ imagine naming yourself after Roger Federer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: December 28, 2017, 10:05:46 pm »
If we sell Coutinho this summer, we'll have Madrid knocking on our doors the next summer for Salah. And the bravado and the platitudes will be out in force again. "Liverpool is bigger than any player", "We will survive" etc etc. And we'll still be looking for that last piece in the jigsaw as Coutinho's replacement begins to finally replace him and and PSG come knocking 2 years down the line. The platitudes will be out in force again. Rinse and repeat. It's like some people never learn.

The rhetoric from the fans has to be one of zero tolerance to a sale. That will only force the club to stay strong they did last year. In the meantime, Barca will keep tapping him up. Let's just hope they get a transfer ban of some sort or that our management continues to retain their balls. There doesn't seem much point in spending 75m on a CB if they're planning to then sell their best player. They might as well cash in and solidify the team for another development cycle than spending that kind of money on a player that is approaching his peak. The age profile of this team is ideal for a team that will challenge for trophies over the next 4-5 years. It would be madness to disrupt the entirety of that cycle by selling the absolute best of the lot.
Well said. He's got 4,5 years left on his contract if I'm not mistaken, so we're hardly in a position where we're running out of time and could lose him for nothing. Refuse to sell, just like we did last summer.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: December 28, 2017, 10:10:39 pm »
In a nutshell. It really is time to stand up to Barca, look them coolly in the eye, and spell out in the clearest Catalonian that they are invited to cordially go and fuck themselves. That we aren't selling him this time and it will be a FUCKING LONG TIME before we do business with this gang of chancers again. Coutinho stays. That is all. He will be allowed to leave when we are done with him and not a moment before. And if they, he or his brother don't like it simply refer them to his recently penned, release-clause-free and legally binding contract. Read it and weep motherfuckers.
Yeah. We hold all the cards here. And for people posting Sahin's comments about Klopp's philosophy, remember that the summer statement came from Boston and not the UK. John Henry might look like a harmless old chap but he's a self made billionaire. They have seen a million Joorbachians in their time. There are points where an asset is worth more than any monetary value that can be brought by it. Coutinho is at that stage now. The "he can be replaced" brigade are clueless. We cannot replace a player that has started 16 in the league and CL, produced 12 goals and 8 assists and been the motm in 8 of those. I'm not sure there's too many players outside of Madrid, Barca, PSG and City posting that kind of figures if any. And if that's where these players are playing, then even 250m won't help us buy a replacement.

I can't be arsed to change my Tapatalk settings because my time is more important than yours

Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline harleydanger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: December 29, 2017, 01:32:53 am »
Barca simply can’t afford him imo.

And who knows, seeing incomings and the way the club is working he might not want to go anymore.

We’ll be a DM and GK away from a definite title Cheltenham next year imo.
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #182 on: December 29, 2017, 01:39:19 am »
Barca simply can’t afford him imo.

And who knows, seeing incomings and the way the club is working he might not want to go anymore.

We’ll be a DM and GK away from a definite title Cheltenham next year imo.

Yes mate we'll be faves for the Gold Cup not sure about our Grand National chances though.

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #183 on: December 29, 2017, 01:51:19 am »
I would hope we'd be flexible enough to accept £150m + Messi.
haha!  Messi as in Lionel's son?   
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline harleydanger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: December 29, 2017, 03:48:35 am »
Probably not but I don't see their players and or staff going on about our players in the media on almost a daily basis. I haven't seen them put in derisory bids for one of our best players.

Real do it to United every window, the difference being United tell them to fuck off
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Offline harleydanger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: December 29, 2017, 03:49:35 am »
Yes mate we'll be faves for the Gold Cup not sure about our Grand National chances though.

In with a shot, depends who is riding
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Offline 7777

• RAWK Boxing Prediction League Champion 07
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We see things they'll never see
« Reply #186 on: December 29, 2017, 08:04:36 am »

Offline hassinator

• RAWK Funk Soul Brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oot and proud
    • good egg hq
« Reply #187 on: December 29, 2017, 10:01:24 am »
wilshire available on a free this summer.  a month ago i'd have laughed at the suggestion he'd be good for us but was excellent again last night.

phil replacement?

*dives into foxhole*

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: December 29, 2017, 10:10:44 am »
He really wasn´t excellent, just got everything from the referee each time he hit the ground. Don´t mind him as a player, but he is simply not fit enough to play for us.

Offline hassinator

• RAWK Funk Soul Brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oot and proud
    • good egg hq
« Reply #189 on: December 29, 2017, 10:13:00 am »
He really wasn´t excellent, just got everything from the referee each time he hit the ground. Don´t mind him as a player, but he is simply not fit enough to play for us.

taking another player of arsenal when they're losing ozil and sanchez would be a mortal blow.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #190 on: December 29, 2017, 10:13:25 am »
wilshire available on a free this summer.  a month ago i'd have laughed at the suggestion he'd be good for us but was excellent again last night.

phil replacement?

*dives into foxhole*

Good. Should stay there until February after that comment :P
« Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 10:16:52 am by Hazellnuts&wallnutsplease »
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #191 on: December 29, 2017, 10:15:16 am »
Let's remember everyone this club is on the up now, we don't have to sell any player if we don't want too. Keep your best players continue to grow, add a bit of further quality and before we know it, we will have a team to challenge for honours.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: December 29, 2017, 12:21:26 pm »
Ronaldo (the original Ronaldo) with comments in the press how Barcelona don’t treat Brazilians well.  Hopefully Coutinho listens to him. 

Offline thisyearisouryear

• Need a dose of Hopium
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: December 29, 2017, 12:49:34 pm »
Ronaldo (the original Ronaldo) with comments in the press how Barcelona don’t treat Brazilians well.  Hopefully Coutinho listens to him.
So that is Zico and Ronaldo on our side then. Listen to them, Coutinho.

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #194 on: December 29, 2017, 01:12:14 pm »
Ronaldo is just trying to plug Real Madrid.
:D

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #195 on: December 29, 2017, 01:25:00 pm »
I think you'll find we did...

Titi!  :wave

Corrected, I stand...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #196 on: December 29, 2017, 01:35:42 pm »

The One True Phenomenon.  8)

Online Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #197 on: December 29, 2017, 01:38:53 pm »
I wouldn't personally give him the armband unless he fully commits, which he tenically did on paper signing a 5 tears contract!

They can offer him a more lucrative contract or sell him to some other team, not Barcelona! And in this case we must have already signed a world class player to replace him...

He gets the armband because he's the longest serving player.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: December 29, 2017, 01:43:20 pm »
As people have said, they can't afford him. With his contract length, and the market as it is, anything less than 150 million up front should be laughed off.

If that piece of shit club can't back up their trademark cuntish comments with cash, then nothing changes. If they want to sign our least replaceable player, but can't pay what's required, they have to make a sacrifice of their own that helps us in the most difficult position to sign elite players - the keeper. Stegen or noone.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: December 29, 2017, 01:58:32 pm »

They really don't like brazilians that much. Most of them,if not all, had bad experiences there.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI