Author Topic: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World *  (Read 2820175 times)

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Mohamed Salah - FWA and PFA Player of the Year Signs New 5 Yr Deal
« Reply #16080 on: September 25, 2021, 09:02:11 pm »
I had a sinking feeling when he didn't put away the 4th we were going to rue it.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #16081 on: September 25, 2021, 09:03:38 pm »
Almost agree with that, though there was not much more he could do with the first shot that was cleared off the line. But the one-on-one he should have scored.

Sad way to celebrate 100 goals for the club though.
He has won us many tight games. We can let it go.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #16082 on: September 25, 2021, 09:05:08 pm »
He moves into our top ten goalscorers.

Liverpool’s all-time top 10 goalscorers

1 – Ian Rush – 346 goals
2 – Roger Hunt – 285 goals
3 – Gordon Hodgson – 241 goals
4 – Billy Liddell – 228 goals
5 – Steven Gerrard – 186 goals
6 – Robbie Fowler – 183 goals
7 – Kenny Dalglish – 172 goals
8 – Michael Owen – 158 goals
9 – Harry Chambers – 151 goals
10 – Mohamed Salah – 131* goals
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16083 on: September 25, 2021, 09:08:26 pm »
If he stays here for his whole career I think he finishes 3rd all time. I don't think anybody is ever getting near Rush

Offline red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16084 on: September 25, 2021, 09:13:02 pm »
He moves into our top ten goalscorers.

Liverpool’s all-time top 10 goalscorers

1 – Ian Rush – 346 goals
2 – Roger Hunt – 285 goals
3 – Gordon Hodgson – 241 goals
4 – Billy Liddell – 228 goals
5 – Steven Gerrard – 186 goals
6 – Robbie Fowler – 183 goals
7 – Kenny Dalglish – 172 goals
8 – Michael Owen – 158 goals
9 – Harry Chambers – 151 goals
10 – Mohamed Salah – 131* goals

Does Salah have an asterisk next to his number because pace goals don't count?.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16085 on: September 25, 2021, 09:17:23 pm »

Who knows, could be!  ;D

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16086 on: September 25, 2021, 09:29:37 pm »
This is a nice little tribute from the Boss.

Jürgen Klopp: Mo Salah is one of the best goalscorers I've ever seen

Jürgen Klopp declared Mohamed Salah one of the best goalscorers he has ever seen in football. Liverpool's No.11 scored his 100th Premier League goal earlier this month and now needs one more finish to enter the club's top 10 list of all-time scorers.

Earlier in the week, Klopp recorded a video message for his former player Robert Lewandowski, congratulating the Bayern Munich striker on receiving the 2021 European Golden Shoe award.

Asked how Salah compared with Lewandowski, the Reds boss responded: "Mo Salah is absolutely up there with him – there's no doubt about that."

"Mo is a goal machine, definitely. His professionalism is absolutely second to none. He does absolutely everything to be always fit, to stay always on track – first in, last out, all these kind of things. So, that's Mo. On top of that, apart from his technical skill set and all these kind of things, he's desperate to score goals and that's helpful as well. That's exactly the same like it is with Lewi, and that's good, very helpful.

"Whatever you do on the pitch, whatever you create, whatever you initiate, you need somebody who brings the ball over the line or in the back of the net – and Mo is absolutely there with the best I ever saw, he knows that. The numbers he has are insane. I'm obviously blessed to work with some good players during my career." Salah, who moved to Anfield in the summer of 2017 from AS Roma, is currently on 130 goals for Liverpool in all competitions from 209 appearances.

On those statistics, Klopp added: "What can I say? Did Mo expect when he arrived here that he can achieve these numbers? Maybe yes!

"Did I expect it? No, because you can't expect it, because you shouldn't expect it, because it puts kind of pressure on the player.

"But he made massive steps since he arrived here. We played some really good football, which helps as well [in] scoring goals.

"Obviously the team developed in the right direction and Mo had a massive impact on that obviously. And all the rest, I don't know.

"Nobody should expect these kind of numbers because you never know what can happen. We have to stay fit and everything needs to go in the right direction, so that's all true.

"I could not be more positive about the things Mo achieved so far already, but obviously we are much more concerned about what can be achieved in the future, and we are in that season.

"He's in a good moment, in a good shape, in a good mood, all these kind of things, so that's helpful obviously.

"He works hard, adapted to some changes we made in our set-up in the way we play really well, enjoys it. So, that's all good, all positive. Nothing else to say."

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16087 on: September 25, 2021, 11:27:24 pm »
He is incredible.

Is booing him just a standard thing now?

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #16088 on: September 25, 2021, 11:31:38 pm »
His contract got a tad more expensive. :)
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #16089 on: September 26, 2021, 12:06:50 am »

We'll also have to take out the goals he's scored in the first ten games of each season. Shame that.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Passmaster Molby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16090 on: September 26, 2021, 12:25:47 am »
He is brilliant, but you just know that despite scoring a goal that miss will haunt him given we didn’t win the match.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16091 on: September 26, 2021, 01:49:58 am »

More a dash than an asterisk .
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16092 on: September 26, 2021, 02:12:58 am »
Penalties do not count.   :P

Rushie didn't take penalties.  ;D
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #16093 on: September 26, 2021, 11:10:42 am »
He is brilliant, but you just know that despite scoring a goal that miss will haunt him given we didn’t win the match.

That's sort of a main reason why I love him.

Just reading what klopp said post match, he knows!

"I know Mo, he's now sitting in the dressing room and thinking about the two chances he didn't score. He'll probably be the quickest player to score 150 goals too - it's an outstanding achievement, no doubt."

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #16094 on: September 26, 2021, 11:34:27 am »
Who knows, could be!  ;D

Its because he's still an active footballer no? So his position on the list will move with the more goals he scores.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16095 on: September 26, 2021, 11:36:45 am »
Its because he's still an active footballer no? So his position on the list will move with the more goals he scores.

I know that.  ;) :)

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16096 on: September 26, 2021, 12:07:27 pm »
It’s all moot anyway because the 131 is the gross figure.
If we remove pace goals, penalties, goals scored in the first 10 games of the season; then we arrive at a more realistic figure.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #16097 on: September 26, 2021, 12:18:40 pm »
It’s all moot anyway because the 131 is the gross figure.
If we remove pace goals, penalties, goals scored in the first 10 games of the season; then we arrive at a more realistic figure.

Ah fuck, he's done isn't he? We should sell him right?

Offline proudred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16098 on: September 26, 2021, 09:09:43 pm »
He needs to be more lethal. The chance he missed was painful. Seems like if given time on the ball he overthinks it & misses his chances.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16099 on: September 26, 2021, 09:38:05 pm »
He needs to be more lethal. The chance he missed was painful. Seems like if given time on the ball he overthinks it & misses his chances.

How much more lethal does he need to be? he's scored 100 bloody goals in 150 some appearances.

Offline proudred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16100 on: September 26, 2021, 09:41:34 pm »
Clear cut one on one chances .

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #16101 on: September 26, 2021, 09:43:42 pm »

Scores plenty of them. And the hard ones too.

The guy is lethal. Yeah he misses chances, but then there isn’t a single player out there who doesn’t.

Online bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16102 on: September 26, 2021, 09:54:27 pm »
It’s hard to be critical of the best player in the league but he will be criticising himself more than anyone for that miss to make it 4-2 - would have killed the game there and then. It was a an unorthodox/cheeky attempt at a finish whereas he should have just stuck it in the corner as you’d put your house on him to.

Reminiscent of the whole team yesterday - the usual fluidity and ice cold decision making was just off all around.

Offline Gaz123456

• Legacy Fan
  • 2005 - The best and worst year of my life
    • Elite Financial Planning Consultants
« Reply #16103 on: September 26, 2021, 09:56:17 pm »
Phenomenal player and a legend in the making. He still seems underappreciated by other clubs fans (and some of ours) - can't understand why. he's one of the best players I've ever seen.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16104 on: September 26, 2021, 10:02:23 pm »

Name one player that doesn't, I'll wait.

The guy has an incredible record precisely because he's lethal, and he's scored tons of goals, one on one.

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16105 on: September 26, 2021, 10:25:40 pm »
If he stays here for his whole career I think he finishes 3rd all time. I don't think anybody is ever getting near Rush

He's 29. He might get 5th if he stays, but there's that last lucrative contract at PSG around the corner just waiting for him to regret signing.

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16106 on: September 26, 2021, 10:38:45 pm »

Should have scored 200 in 150 games agreed. Thing is, he dug many of those 100 goals out of nowhere and is now embedded into our all time goalscoring lists and indeed into the all time scoring lists of the Premier League since football began in 1992. I'd suggest moaning about him, or being a spoilt fucking twat about him is for twitter only. Go back there.

Offline Filler.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16107 on: September 26, 2021, 10:41:06 pm »
Fucking spoilt bastard Liverpool fans do my fucking head in.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #16108 on: September 26, 2021, 10:45:47 pm »
Should have scored 200 in 150 games agreed. Thing is, he dug many of those 100 goals out of nowhere and is now embedded into our all time goalscoring lists and indeed into the all time scoring lists of the Premier League since football began in 1992. I'd suggest moaning about him, or being a spoilt fucking twat about him is for twitter only. Go back there.

A glimpse at his post history shows moaning is his bag.

Offline mrantarctica

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16109 on: September 26, 2021, 11:07:44 pm »
Phenomenal player and a legend in the making. He still seems underappreciated by other clubs fans (and some of ours) - can't understand why. he's one of the best players I've ever seen.

It's because he's not South American or European or English or any of those nations traditionally associated with sublime football. His goals scoring is at a slightly better rate than Luis Suarez and he's sustained that over a lot more games. Even if you don't count Sturridge's last 3 seasons, Salah's goal scoring record is better. It's also superior to Owen, Rush, Dalglish and Fowler. It's punching around the figures of the likes of Henry, Aguero, Van Persie and Drogba. Only Shearer (at Blackburn) and Van Nistelrooy are better. Those other names are some of the best forwards the league has seen. I think this says a lot about his goalscoring prowess.

And before you keyboard warriors get your knickers in a twist, I'm not saying that Salah is a better player than those other names, I'm just commenting that his goal scoring record is as good, if not better. They are different types of forward and bring different things to the team and played under different styles. But the common thing is that they all scored a lot of goals, and a lot of important goals and also some absolute worldies. All will go down as club and league legends in their own way, as should Mo.

Offline NarutoReds

• Looking for an alcohol-fuelled sixsome with Crosby Nick, Ghost Town, WhereAngelsPlay, Charlie Adams fried egg and Al 666. Any takers?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Saw Everton - "I'd shut the curtains..."
« Reply #16110 on: September 27, 2021, 06:09:28 am »
It's because he's not South American or European or English or any of those nations traditionally associated with sublime football. His goals scoring is at a slightly better rate than Luis Suarez and he's sustained that over a lot more games. Even if you don't count Sturridge's last 3 seasons, Salah's goal scoring record is better. It's also superior to Owen, Rush, Dalglish and Fowler. It's punching around the figures of the likes of Henry, Aguero, Van Persie and Drogba. Only Shearer (at Blackburn) and Van Nistelrooy are better. Those other names are some of the best forwards the league has seen. I think this says a lot about his goalscoring prowess.
I have read our fans slating Salah and get on his back after the Brentford game for the two of the missed chances.

BUT when our attacking component of the team has delivered three goals, THREE, then for me they have delivered their service. Job's done.

What, fans nowadays are expecting we keep winning our game by 4 or 5 goals in every single game? The hell?

LOGIC. When we have scored three goals, it is up to the defensive component OR our midfield to shield the game, to protect the lead, seeing the game out. Logic.

Blaming the forward/s after we have scored THREE is ridiculous. Totally ridiculous.

+ Interview, on Salah's 100 after the game

Jordan Henderson: "He is a fantastic lad, he works ever so hard off the training field, recovers properly, lives his life the right way to be ready every single game to perform every game."

Jurgen Klopp: "But I know Mo and he is now in the dressing room and thinks about the two chances he missed."
« Last Edit: September 27, 2021, 06:15:08 am by NarutoReds »
It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for and to remind the opposition who they're playing against!

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #16111 on: September 27, 2021, 06:47:58 am »
You mean klopp is thinking about the two he missed or he would not of mentioned it. I suspect klopp is calling him out on it because he knows mo should have scored. I reckon he will have mo stay back for extra training. Maybe even drop him for the next game. Klopps showing a lack of balls for not showing mo the exit door for that.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline T.Mills

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16112 on: September 27, 2021, 07:38:05 am »
Fucking spoilt bastard Liverpool fans do my fucking head in.

Whats happened?

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #16113 on: September 27, 2021, 08:00:47 am »
Score three away from home and people are hammering our attacking players cos we didn't score more and win

Offline Dr Stu-Pid

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #16114 on: September 27, 2021, 10:57:58 am »
Good news everyone, Garth is back and he's in full out 'parody of himself' mode!

Quote from: Garth's Team of the Week
Salah: I'm almost irritated by my own selection. By Salah's standards, this was a poor performance from the Egyptian superstar.

He probably scored the easiest chance of the match. However it's very difficult to ignore a player who has scored 100 Premier League goals faster than any other Liverpool player in their history. It's a magnificent achievement even if the performance against Brentford wasn't one of his best.

He also selected Henderson for the team and made sure that he used that space to have a go at Salah as well.  Never change Garth.

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #16115 on: September 27, 2021, 11:01:00 am »
"I'm almost irritated by my own selection" :lmao

Garth's wife (if anyone has put up with him enough to be married to him) deffo makes him wear a Mo Salah mask in bed.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #16116 on: September 27, 2021, 11:02:13 am »
Easiest chance of the match? I'd hazard a guess if you gave him 100 chances he'd not score any of them.

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #16117 on: September 27, 2021, 11:06:02 am »
Good news everyone, Garth is back and he's in full out 'parody of himself' mode!

He also selected Henderson for the team and made sure that he used that space to have a go at Salah as well.  Never change Garth.
Henderson?? He wasn't poor, but that was below his average

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16118 on: September 27, 2021, 11:11:21 am »
"I'm almost irritated by my own selection" :lmao

Garth's wife (if anyone has put up with him enough to be married to him) deffo makes him wear a Mo Salah mask in bed.

I'd say Garth's wife probably thinks that about him.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #16119 on: September 27, 2021, 11:15:25 am »
I'd say Garth's wife probably thinks that about him.

;D
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."