The Liverpool FC Forum > Former LFC Players

Steven Gerrard

<< < (250/253) > >>

Bread:

--- Quote from: No666 on November 19, 2021, 06:37:59 pm ---Saw an interview today where he said if Klopp signed a lifetime contract he'd be delighted for the club and for Jurgen. Classy attempt to defuse the endless shite.

--- End quote ---

"LIVERPOOL FANS CLAMORING FOR STEVEN GERRARD AS THEY PRAISE "CLASSY" PRESS CONFERENCE"

- Some rag somewhere, probably.

Jon2lfc:
Really nice interview here. Stevie in a relaxed mode, almost like with his mates:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aplr70fzruU

For me, our greatest ever player hands down. He could do everything and was our engine room and catalyst for many years.
There'll always be arguments in the pub about who was LFC's 'greatest ever player' etc.
Those arguments and discussions never really get to a consensus because it's hard to pick a best player in a current team let alone a best player over many decades of players in various positions and team setups.

BUT, for me a great litmus test is to ask the following question:
If there was only ONE place left in an LFC fantasy/greatest 11 and you didn't know who the other 10 players were who had already been picked, which of the following great LFC players would you pick to complete the 11?

Stevie
Kenny
Phil Neal
Rushie
Suarez
Barnes
Torres
etc. etc.

I don't think anyone would pick anyone other than are Stevie.

Jon2lfc:
Just watching his post-match interview after the S'ton win.. he comes across really well as a manager. Just a natural.
Stevie might well become one of the rare breed of top, top players who became top, top managers.
I'm not a footy expert but off the top of my head I can think of the following who are in that bracket:
Pep Guardiola
Kenny
mind's gone blank haha

But love Stevie as a great example of how an every day kid from a council estate can rise to the top of his profession with hard graft and discipline. And obviously God-gifted talents!
I love the fact that he's never been flashy. He's a good model pro. And no one is perfect.

Chakan:

--- Quote from: Jon2lfc on March 11, 2022, 04:49:37 pm ---Just watching his post-match interview after the S'ton win.. he comes across really well as a manager. Just a natural.
Stevie might well become one of the rare breed of top, top players who became top, top managers.
I'm not a footy expert but off the top of my head I can think of the following who are in that bracket:
Pep Guardiola
Kenny
mind's gone blank haha

But love Stevie as a great example of how an every day kid from a council estate can rise to the top of his profession with hard graft and discipline. And obviously God-gifted talents!
I love the fact that he's never been flashy. He's a good model pro. And no one is perfect.

--- End quote ---

Klopp? ;)

Coolie High:

--- Quote from: Jon2lfc on March 11, 2022, 04:49:37 pm ---Just watching his post-match interview after the S'ton win.. he comes across really well as a manager. Just a natural.
Pep Guardiola
Kenny
mind's gone blank haha

--- End quote ---

Cruyff.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version