Author Topic: The Meh Scottish Football Thread  (Read 373196 times)

Offline David in Edinburgh

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Klopp
Re: The Meh Scottish Football Thread
« Reply #3720 on: August 31, 2021, 08:48:49 pm »
Congratulations to the Foundation of Hearts who yesterday created the largest fan owned team in the UK.

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/announcement-of-acquisition-of-shares

Offline johnj147

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3721 on: August 31, 2021, 11:26:17 pm »
Congratulations to the Foundation of Hearts who yesterday created the largest fan owned team in the UK.

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/announcement-of-acquisition-of-shares
nice one  ;D ;)

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3722 on: September 11, 2021, 02:22:00 pm »
Some way to win a game that from Tav, fucking hell.

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #3723 on: September 13, 2021, 12:01:34 pm »

Killie really are a tough watch. We ground out a 1-0 at home to Morton, who were rather agricultural. The standard of football in this league is really not good. Hoofball, cross after cross, playing for set-pieces and running through the back of players unpunished. And that`s just my team  ;)

It`s tiring for me to say this all the time, but we need a creative midfielder and a bona fide goal scorer. Not easy to come by after being relegated where even loan deals are harder to get. Tommy Wright`s ethos seems to be "let`s be hard to beat", which is getting results so far. We look better with two actual strikers in Oli Shaw and Scott Robinson in tandem, but we`re not exactly banging in the goals. A wee away day at Thartick Pistle next week.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Online afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #3724 on: September 13, 2021, 12:51:05 pm »
A wee away day at Thartick Pistle next week.

Come on the thistle!
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Online IgorBobbins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • BOBBINS!
« Reply #3725 on: September 13, 2021, 12:58:12 pm »
Come on the thistle!
That’s quite enough about your dogging escapades.

Offline KillieRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3726 on: September 13, 2021, 03:25:51 pm »

Online afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #3727 on: September 13, 2021, 03:57:27 pm »
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline KillieRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3728 on: September 16, 2021, 11:03:30 am »

I forgot to mention this:

We have new safe standing areas and some clown decided to put them in the middle of one of the ends behind the goal. That means all of these people are standing and people who are in `normal` seats at either end can`t see the corner that`s at the other end of their stand, and often the centre of the goal itself! You have to stand up to see the action in these areas, sorta negating the point of having safe standing. Very poorly thought out, as is the idea of putting portakabins (other brands are available) in the top tier of the same stand, tarting them up and making them into offices. There`s land all around the stadium, so why do it?

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3729 on: September 24, 2021, 10:15:24 pm »
Gordon Strachan is technical director at Dundee. Was amazed when I heard that. ;D
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #3730 on: October 9, 2021, 08:24:23 pm »

Well in Scotland; good result vs Israel earlier today...

15 minute highlights: www.yoursoccerdose.com/17683829-scotland-vs-israel-wc-qualification-europe/#3

Robertson played all 90+ minutes.

Next up for Scotland is an away match vs the Faroe Islands on Tuesday - www.flashscore.co.uk/team/scotland/fZRU25WH
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #3731 on: October 9, 2021, 09:14:36 pm »
Well in Scotland; good result vs Israel earlier today...

15 minute highlights: www.yoursoccerdose.com/17683829-scotland-vs-israel-wc-qualification-europe/#3

Robertson played all 90+ minutes.

Next up for Scotland is an away match vs the Faroe Islands on Tuesday - www.flashscore.co.uk/team/scotland/fZRU25WH

Local Derby. Won’t be easy.

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3732 on: October 9, 2021, 11:56:25 pm »
I missed the match. Brilliant result.

2 assists for Robbo as well.  :D

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #3733 on: October 10, 2021, 07:06:34 pm »
some of these fans belting this out  :lmao      Puts the haggis in "wtf is haggis"

https://twitter.com/i/status/1447098933315084295
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline Wullie160975

• Oor Wullie! Your Wullie! A'body's Wullie!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3734 on: October 10, 2021, 07:16:39 pm »
Can't beat a bit of boogie (woogie)

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3735 on: October 31, 2021, 12:38:05 pm »
Rangers 1 down at Motherwell.

Has Morelos been following the Luke Shaw diet? Looks like a right tubby fucker.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3736 on: October 31, 2021, 12:41:18 pm »
Rangers haven't been good this season, Celtic already 1 point behind them if they lose this one.
Even their wins in the league haven't been convincing at all.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3737 on: October 31, 2021, 12:45:10 pm »
great finish by Tavernier
1-1

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3738 on: October 31, 2021, 12:47:00 pm »
great finish by Tavernier
1-1

That was a quality volley - I thought the cross was going to no-one like every other they've hit and boom.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3739 on: October 31, 2021, 12:48:22 pm »
now they are back, 2-1 Sakala!

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3740 on: October 31, 2021, 12:51:04 pm »
That was a quality volley - I thought the cross was going to no-one like every other they've hit and boom.
Always thought he could do a good job in PL but he is 30 now. what's his real position anyways?
He scores a lot of goals for "right back/right wing".

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3741 on: October 31, 2021, 01:37:22 pm »
4-1 now

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3742 on: October 31, 2021, 01:56:13 pm »
Rangers were great there, 4 points clear with all the injuries and problems they've had so far like no pre season for Morelos is not bad going at all. Big title race with the winner getting automatic CL qualification.

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3743 on: October 31, 2021, 02:25:25 pm »
Always thought he could do a good job in PL but he is 30 now. what's his real position anyways?
He scores a lot of goals for "right back/right wing".

He's probably the closest player I've seen to a Diet Trent in terms of his attributes from right back.

Offline KillieRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3744 on: November 1, 2021, 09:11:28 am »

First game of the season i`ve seen Killie being comfortable in a (4-0) win. Kudos to the 167 Queens fans who probably had to come by boat from Dumfries. We`ve actually got a couple of forwards , in Oli Shaw and Callum Hendry, now. Rory MacKenzie playing in the middle and Daniel Armstrong has taken Chris Burke`s place on the right wing. We still don`t have a lot of pace or creative players, but top of the league.

Offline ScottishKopite

• Kopite
« Reply #3745 on: November 4, 2021, 02:17:45 pm »
First game of the season i`ve seen Killie being comfortable in a (4-0) win. Kudos to the 167 Queens fans who probably had to come by boat from Dumfries. We`ve actually got a couple of forwards , in Oli Shaw and Callum Hendry, now. Rory MacKenzie playing in the middle and Daniel Armstrong has taken Chris Burke`s place on the right wing. We still don`t have a lot of pace or creative players, but top of the league.

It's easier to score goals (  Armand Gnanduillet ) in the Championship than the SPFL Will see next season if Shaw can continue in the SPFL.

Offline KillieRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3746 on: November 5, 2021, 08:36:17 am »
It's easier to score goals (  Armand Gnanduillet ) in the Championship than the SPFL Will see next season if Shaw can continue in the SPFL.

A mate i go to the game with says none of the players are good enough even for the SPL. We would be getting tonked every week like Dundee. The hard part is getting back there I guess. For my part i have severe doubts also about the manager and his style of play. He`s definitely risk averse. You could say it`s working right now, but I think we`ve only improved since we put more adventurous players in the team.

Offline ScottishKopite

• Kopite
« Reply #3747 on: November 5, 2021, 10:03:04 am »
A mate i go to the game with says none of the players are good enough even for the SPL. We would be getting tonked every week like Dundee. The hard part is getting back there I guess. For my part i have severe doubts also about the manager and his style of play. He`s definitely risk averse. You could say it`s working right now, but I think we`ve only improved since we put more adventurous players in the team.

I think Kilmarnock will come back up Raith and Inverness will be around the top of the table, But I think Kilmarnock will come back up. They wont come up and do a Hearts and challenge for 3rd thought would need to sign a few more players. I really hope Arbroath keep it up and get into the play offs imagine them in the premiership. I think they may still stay part time.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #3748 on: November 7, 2021, 01:26:05 pm »
Just turned on the tele and the Celtic game was on. Dundee were subbing this fat old baldy player… then I read the graphic. Charlie Adam  :o
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline KillieRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3749 on: November 8, 2021, 09:35:08 am »
I think Kilmarnock will come back up Raith and Inverness will be around the top of the table, But I think Kilmarnock will come back up. They wont come up and do a Hearts and challenge for 3rd thought would need to sign a few more players. I really hope Arbroath keep it up and get into the play offs imagine them in the premiership. I think they may still stay part time.

We are really not good. No pattern of play, no creative players, no pace. We have marginally better players than the rest of the league. A better manager would help too. I`d also forgotten what a whiny lot Killie fans are, they really get on the back of the team. I just voice my concerns on forums, not at the game  ::) I`m sure it`s not a coincidence that we`ve lost 3 at home and none away where the support are more positive. We have the largest fanbase in the league, but they really don`t help at Rugby Park.

As for Partick Thistle...what an odd team. I really think they could have stuck it to us and might have an outside chance of promotion, but once they got ahead from an offside goal they started time-wasting, diving and play-acting. They also tried to get one of our guys sent off for a blatant dive and celebrated the win like a cup final. The oddest thing of all is that they have song about us. Weird lot, we don`t even consider them rivals. They did bring the largest away support this season. I couldnt even be bothered counting them as is my usual pre-game ritual.

Offline ScottishKopite

• Kopite
« Reply #3750 on: November 8, 2021, 02:37:54 pm »
We are really not good. No pattern of play, no creative players, no pace. We have marginally better players than the rest of the league. A better manager would help too. I`d also forgotten what a whiny lot Killie fans are, they really get on the back of the team. I just voice my concerns on forums, not at the game  ::) I`m sure it`s not a coincidence that we`ve lost 3 at home and none away where the support are more positive. We have the largest fanbase in the league, but they really don`t help at Rugby Park.

As for Partick Thistle...what an odd team. I really think they could have stuck it to us and might have an outside chance of promotion, but once they got ahead from an offside goal they started time-wasting, diving and play-acting. They also tried to get one of our guys sent off for a blatant dive and celebrated the win like a cup final. The oddest thing of all is that they have song about us. Weird lot, we don`t even consider them rivals. They did bring the largest away support this season. I couldnt even be bothered counting them as is my usual pre-game ritual.

Gordon Sawyers is still a greeting face disaster .

Raith , Arbroath , Partick , Kilmarnock will make up the top 4 this year.

Offline KillieRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3751 on: November 8, 2021, 03:27:45 pm »

Gordon Sawyers is still a greeting face disaster .

Raith , Arbroath , Partick , Kilmarnock will make up the top 4 this year.

I had to google who that was! I don`t think i`ll watch any of his stuff. Raith impressed me most this season, ICT completely worked us out and outplayed us. Thistle had that counter-attack game plan. They were actually quite like West Ham yesterday, with added shithousery.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3752 on: November 11, 2021, 12:13:30 pm »
Van Bronkhorst the favourite for the Rangers job.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #3753 on: November 11, 2021, 12:14:39 pm »
They'll be fucking raging, an ex-player getting the managers job
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #3754 on: November 11, 2021, 01:38:50 pm »
They'll be fucking raging, an ex-player getting the managers job

They had Tony Vidmar in their sights, but he's learning with the Aussie u23's. They are hoping he advances far enough so he gets the job before Barry Ferguson moves on from Alloa and goes for the job.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #3755 on: November 11, 2021, 04:45:36 pm »
Looking at what he did with Feyenoord, I think Rangers would do very well to get van Bronckhorst in.
Linudden.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3756 on: November 11, 2021, 06:12:22 pm »
There's a Rangers fan on Super Scoreboard crying about Gerrard leaving and saying it's especially bad as it's Remembrance Day  ;D

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #3757 on: November 14, 2021, 02:58:56 pm »

'Auditor's 'going concern' warning on Rangers FC as cumulative losses reach nearly £80m over six years':-

AUDITORS have raised a ‘going concern’ warning over Rangers FC as it emerged the club has accumulated nearly £80m in losses since the Dave King regime change six years ago.

www.heraldscotland.com/news/homenews/19715270.auditors-going-concern-warning-rangers-fc-cumulative-losses-reach-nearly-80m-six-years
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #3758 on: November 14, 2021, 04:19:28 pm »
Did they receive some compensation from Villa? I reckon they could've asked for upwards of £10 million since the PL market is so inflated.

Then again, if they win the league this season they'd pocket £30 million in Champions League revenue so I think they'll be alright. Especially if Gerrard decides to sign a couple of his old players, which he might. That being said, I don't understand how a club with 50 k in attendance can be so unprofitable all the time.

Linudden.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3759 on: November 14, 2021, 05:38:05 pm »
Did they receive some compensation from Villa? I reckon they could've asked for upwards of £10 million since the PL market is so inflated.

Then again, if they win the league this season they'd pocket £30 million in Champions League revenue so I think they'll be alright. Especially if Gerrard decides to sign a couple of his old players, which he might. That being said, I don't understand how a club with 50 k in attendance can be so unprofitable all the time.

I’d guess they pay some pretty whopping wages to the likes of Morelos, Defoe, Tavernier and his ilk without having any TV money worth mentioning. Will always be like that though because nobody wants to watch Scottish football outside of Scottish people and Scotland.