Author Topic: FC Barcelona  (Read 876692 times)

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
Re: FC Barcelona
« Reply #8320 on: September 8, 2021, 12:08:30 pm »
Barcelona is an object example of why democratically run football clubs are a bad thing.

Given how much they've already sold out to Qatar with shirt and stadium sponsorship, it's a wonder the model of the club itself isn't called into question. The More Than a Club moniker has long gone anyway.

The German 2nd division is full of massive democratically run clubs who've been ran into the ground.

Democracy itself is a farce these days when you end up with Trump, Boris and Brexit in the last 5 years alone.

It's just become which con artist can best manipulate the masses with the best slogan and lies. Barcelona merely another case in point.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #8321 on: September 15, 2021, 11:02:41 am »
Koeman throwing Trumpisms out to their fans.

"You have to be realistic in life. Our young players showed we have a future and we have a lot of players to come back from injuries. It is what it is," Koeman told a news conference.

"We know we're missing a lot of players in attack and we have to wait a few weeks to have more options and more speed going forward. I don't want to look for excuses but everyone knows the problems we had with the players who were unavailable."
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #8322 on: September 15, 2021, 11:22:27 am »
The German 2nd division is full of massive democratically run clubs who've been ran into the ground.

Democracy itself is a farce these days when you end up with Trump, Boris and Brexit in the last 5 years alone.

A 2nd division German club doesn’t have the same expectation of success as Barcelona. They also probably have a fanbase that a) are pretty local, b) will generally understand the position and situation of the club, c) have very little outside noise, d) probably accept limitations of clubs ambition and accept that going to games is a big part of enjoyment rather than just winning.

For big European clubs the expectation is different. In terms of media and within different parts of the fanbase. There’s part of every big club fanbase where the key determinant of success and enjoyment are ambition in the transfer market and results. From personal experience and opinion there’s more to football than that. Results are important but shared experiences (good and bad) are equally important. That shared experience could be watching in the ground, at a supporters club with like minded folks, watching with your son, Dad, Mum etc..

That’s an important part of football for me. Even in games we got beat. I remember certain games we lost more fondly than some were we won. Probably due to the shared experience of that game before, during and after.

Too many fans of big clubs are only interested in the result. Anything other than a comprehensive win is deemed not good enough. That the manager is to blame. That player X is to blame. That it’s a consequence of not spending enough money in the transfer market. This all adds external pressure. Some that some fans will ignore. Some that some fans won’t. It’s something the media can pick up on also.

What’s this all got to do with Barcelona? Their model relies on the president being voted in. The pressure to win, to keep star players, to spend in the transfer market must be huge for an incumbent president of the club. Pressure that can’t necessarily be pushed away and ignored other ownership models. I think it potentially result in presidents making poor long term decisions to appease the fanbase now. That just wouldn’t be the case at a 2nd division German club so I don’t think comparing them is relevant.

I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #8323 on: September 20, 2021, 08:07:17 pm »
1-0 down to Granada in 2 minutes.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #8324 on: September 20, 2021, 08:14:57 pm »
Are there restrictions at the stadium?

Edit - yes there are.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2021, 08:17:01 pm by Funky_Gibbons »
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #8325 on: September 20, 2021, 08:27:21 pm »
It’s amusing to say We broke them

But in all seriousness that game now appears to be the killer blow
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8326 on: September 20, 2021, 08:29:30 pm »
The killer blow wasn't us, the killer blow was their stupidity with transfers and financial aspect of running club, ergo why they got a ridiculous group of players playing for them right now.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #8327 on: September 20, 2021, 08:38:48 pm »
I'd say taking £142m for Coutinho did more damage than Trent's quick corner

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #8328 on: September 20, 2021, 08:42:13 pm »

"Bank transfer to L4 taken quickly, Coutinho!"
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8329 on: September 20, 2021, 08:51:19 pm »
Damn, Granada keeper is very very good.

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8330 on: September 20, 2021, 08:52:15 pm »
The killer blow wasn't us, the killer blow was their stupidity with transfers and financial aspect of running club, ergo why they got a ridiculous group of players playing for them right now.

They are proper crap. Years of complacency has caught up with them.  Dreadful squad building. Whoever though Messi, Suarez, Griezmann and Coutinho would be an effective attack together. All that money spent to end up with this team. Jarg football, fold under pressure in the big games.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #8331 on: September 20, 2021, 08:59:13 pm »
Just the 23 crosses from Barcelona in that half.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8332 on: September 20, 2021, 09:13:50 pm »

If it wasn't for him, they would have wasted it on someone else. Just look the money they wasted on the likes of Dembele, Griezmann, Malcolm, Pjanic, Neto etc

Offline BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
« Reply #8333 on: September 20, 2021, 09:19:58 pm »
Just the 23 crosses from Barcelona in that half.

Amateurs.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8334 on: September 20, 2021, 09:24:15 pm »
Don't know if it feels weird/empty watching Barca without Messi, or it's just the complete lack of quality, and star quality, in the team.

Even when Barca have been average in the past they've at least always had a Rivaldo, Ronaldinho or Ronaldo

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8335 on: September 20, 2021, 09:27:23 pm »
Don't know if it feels weird/empty watching Barca without Messi, or it's just the complete lack of quality, and star quality, in the team.

Even when Barca have been average in the past they've at least always had a Rivaldo, Ronaldinho or Ronaldo

This is the first time in 30 some years that they don't have one star player.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8336 on: September 20, 2021, 09:27:58 pm »

Maybe not the killer blow in terms of that causing them to be shit of course. Wrong wording

More that game seemed to be the end of an era. If they’d have held on to that lead they’d have swatted Spurs in final and won another big ears

Jurgen Klopp

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8337 on: September 20, 2021, 09:29:56 pm »
Maybe not the killer blow in terms of that causing them to be shit of course. Wrong wording

More that game seemed to be the end of an era. If they’d have held on to that lead they’d have swatted Spurs in final and won another big ears

Probably but that wouldnt' have stopped them from being swatted away by Bayern the following year, and being in this exact same situation.

Offline 67CherryRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8338 on: September 20, 2021, 09:30:30 pm »
Granada could have Curly Watts and Elton Welsby in the centre of their defence tonight and still keep Barca out, it's hilarious to see what they've become.

Offline rushyman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8339 on: September 20, 2021, 09:30:55 pm »

This is exactly it

As de facto says this is the first time since sky first came to our screens we’ve seen them so full of total no marks

Who’s the man at the moment? Coutinho? Funny

That little Ricky Puig could be something. But moyes mark II doesn’t play him

Jurgen Klopp

Offline rushyman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8340 on: September 20, 2021, 09:32:43 pm »
Probably but that wouldnt' have stopped them from being swatted away by Bayern the following year, and being in this exact same situation.

Nope

Just that our game signified the end of it I think

For me anyway. For others maybe it was the Bayern humping

Jurgen Klopp

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8341 on: September 20, 2021, 09:34:33 pm »
Nope

Just that our game signified the end of it I think

For me anyway. For others maybe it was the Bayern humping

I think it's probably multiple things, the year before they got knocked out by Roma as well. It's going to take a long time for them to get back to anywhere near they were before, ala AC Milan

Online Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8342 on: September 20, 2021, 09:38:37 pm »
This is exactly it

As de facto says this is the first time since sky first came to our screens we’ve seen them so full of total no marks

Who’s the man at the moment? Coutinho? Funny

That little Ricky Puig could be something. But moyes mark II doesn’t play him

Pedri and Fati are the big hopes (out injured) but they need more established players (20s) to help bring them on.

Laporta took over as president last time and signed Ronaldinho in 2003 which turned their fortunes. They're desperate for a Haaland or a Mbappe who can help kick them on again. Instead, they just keep signing washed-up players like Aguero.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #8343 on: September 20, 2021, 09:39:30 pm »
Pique brought on to play up front  ;D

The new Caulker.

Offline rushyman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8344 on: September 20, 2021, 09:39:45 pm »
I think it's probably multiple things, the year before they got knocked out by Roma as well. It's going to take a long time for them to get back to anywhere near they were before, ala AC Milan

I think such is their DNA (as with Milan) they will be back though at some point

But if something similar happened to City they’d be back to being City

Jurgen Klopp

Offline rushyman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8345 on: September 20, 2021, 09:40:16 pm »
Fuck me theyve stuck pique up top

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8346 on: September 20, 2021, 09:41:46 pm »
Barca who? ;D

Seriously, we can look at Roma, then Liverpool, as clear hammer blows to the Barcelona psyche. This probably accelerated their decline and their poor transfer decisions. The Bayern result just confirmed what we already knew - they were done as a force.

It's been pointed out by others on here that they still have a top four team, but I've said before that with the club rudderless and morale through the floor that they may find it a struggle to achieve. They likely won't get the kind of help that United receive to artificially prop them up in the table.  In any case  I certainly won't miss them.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Online Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8347 on: September 20, 2021, 09:45:43 pm »
I think such is their DNA (as with Milan) they will be back though at some point

But if something similar happened to City they’d be back to being City

It doesn't always take much to turn things around. Look at the mess Klopp inherited in 2015.

It's nothing, in theory, that a few good transfer windows and a decent manager won't fix. However, their finances mean they aren't shopping at the top table now.

Online Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8348 on: September 20, 2021, 09:48:58 pm »
Barca who? ;D

Seriously, we can look at Roma, then Liverpool, as clear hammer blows to the Barcelona psyche. This probably accelerated their decline and their poor transfer decisions. The Bayern result just confirmed what we already knew - they were done as a force.

It's been pointed out by others on here that they still have a top four team, but I've said before that with the club rudderless and morale through the floor that they may find it a struggle to achieve. They likely won't get the kind of help that United receive to artificially prop them up in the table.  In any case  I certainly won't miss them.

I think they'd have struggled last season to get top 4 without Messi. He started the season slow and they were in mid table and then they had a great run of form - with the likes of Fati and Pedri playing well - and they stormed up the league.

Real and Atleti will probably be top 2. Then there's the likes of Villareal, Sevilla and an improved Valencia.

Offline rushyman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8349 on: September 20, 2021, 09:51:22 pm »
I think that may have been the 1000th cross :D

Jurgen Klopp

Offline rushyman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8350 on: September 20, 2021, 09:55:47 pm »
La Liga is Embarrasing to watch

The cheating diving play acting and bad sportsmanship is so far off the charts it’s terrifying

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8351 on: September 20, 2021, 09:56:46 pm »

I think they'd have struggled last season to get top 4 without Messi. He started the season slow and they were in mid table and then they had a great run of form - with the likes of Fati and Pedri playing well - and they stormed up the league.

Real and Atleti will probably be top 2. Then there's the likes of Villareal, Sevilla and an improved Valencia.

Oh yeah. My opinion is they can do, but they'd have to fight for it.  All the signs are they don't have the stomach for that fight.  They're still pretty much broken by the realisation that they're not special anymore.

They're not going to be spending their way out of trouble anytime soon, not with players deferring wages etc. All they've done is kick the financial can down the road. New signings can't expect the kind of wages previous players have enjoyed.  Maybe a Klopp-type manager can dig out some bargains they can develop into real talent, but those managers are exceedingly rare.

Klopp did inherit a mess with us, but he had a lot of raw material to work with and a wage structure that wasn't a complete shambles. A lot has to go right for Barcelona if they want to be competing within just a few seasons, and they're more likely to make more mistakes first.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8352 on: September 20, 2021, 10:00:04 pm »
Buy Pedri!

He has no affiliation with Barca anyway so wouldn't miss them as other players.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8353 on: September 20, 2021, 10:08:57 pm »
Red Ron will be getting his P45 (or the Spanish equivalent) shortly.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8354 on: September 20, 2021, 10:12:52 pm »
Moysie is that you?  :o

Barcelona attempted 54 crosses against Granada tonight.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8355 on: September 20, 2021, 10:14:10 pm »

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8356 on: September 20, 2021, 10:19:14 pm »

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #8357 on: September 20, 2021, 10:20:28 pm »
Just imagine if they were playing the whole of ITV.

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8358 on: September 20, 2021, 10:23:55 pm »
to be honest you can't blame Koeman for the mess they are right now, just look at the state of their team.

However, their style of play is awful and I don't think Koeman is the man who can turn some of their talented youngsters into superstars.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8359 on: September 20, 2021, 10:24:52 pm »
Moysie to Barca mate?