The Liverpool FC Forum > Liverpool FC Forum

The Anfield Wrap

<< < (5400/5822) > >>

royhendo:
Alright folks - if you’ve got a burning desire for an Anchorman-style throwdown over whether The Pink should or should not be well oiled or whether Gibbo should have a dig at this thread, then I could start a new thread for you, or you could take it to DM.

Saying that, could you maybe relax a wee bit? 12 years ago there was no platform for the fans’ voice that carried much weight; now if there’s a talking point the go to vox pops are people like Gibbo. I was driving home on Tuesday after the game and 5 Live were discussing the situation with Harriet Prior. That’s down to this lot and the others like them… but this lot are the gold standard.

And being pissed isn’t always a bad thing in broadcasting. The Pink after the 5-0 away to Spurs in 2014 is my favourite TAW podcast so far, other than maybe the Barca Pink and the Everton Origi and Curtis Jones ones. All featured people who were pissed, and Michael Fassbender.

cheesyleps:
When I drove a taxi for a living, I had a regular customer who was lovely. She booked me twice a week for her run to the hairdressers on a Wednesday and to the shops on a Thursday. For two and a half years, I did all the customer service stuff: carrying her shopping from the door to the car, and from the car to her kitchen, helping her in and out of the cab, knocking a bit off the fare etc. I was the best taxi driver in the world according to her.

One day I was 10 minutes late as I got stuck at some roadworks. She absolutely went for me, calling me everything under the sun, saying she would put bad reviews online and tell all her mates not to use me...

The nature of the customer service game is that people can be massively unforgiving bellends. TAW has been superbly high quality stuff for years now. Anyone still whining about one iffy post-match show really needs to have a look in the mirror.

Kenny's Jacket:
Theres a lot of people really missing the point, anyway.

Three Strikes was brilliant.  Does anyone know if theres any more Midnight Rambler. I really enjoy Neil and Rory chewing the fat

redgriffin73:
One just dropped for me about half an hour ago.

Kenny's Jacket:

--- Quote from: redgriffin73 on May 20, 2022, 12:15:00 pm ---One just dropped for me about half an hour ago.

--- End quote ---
Yes me too now. just done a refresh. Thanks

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version