Author Topic: Re: Liverpool Women FC (away vs Bristol - 20/04 - 12:30 ko) (*)  (Read 597207 times)

Offline LeoT

• ayer - makes me feel like daaaancin'...... Is now officially a wannabeliever......
  • Anny Roader
  • My cup is barely even half empty
Re: Liverpool Women (*)
« Reply #3520 on: August 30, 2021, 11:46:11 pm »
My cup is barely even half empty

Offline LeoT

• ayer - makes me feel like daaaancin'...... Is now officially a wannabeliever......
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #3521 on: September 3, 2021, 12:01:49 am »
Training photos pre-Watford   

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/women/442436-training-photos-liverpool-fc-women-prepare-for-watford-trip

All of the players who started last weekend seem to be there , except I can't see Jade Bailey or Furney in the photos.

Offline LeoT

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3522 on: September 3, 2021, 12:18:00 am »
I'm hoping we start with mostly players who played together last season, and then integrate the new players more slowly than Last week's shambles.
Maybe do something like this...

Laws

Roberts - Robe - Fahey - Hinds

Matthews
  Kearns  ----------  Holland

Lawley --- Kiernan --- Hodson

Or if Furney is fit, do something like this...

Laws

Roberts - Robe - Fahey - Hinds

Matthews  ----  Holland
                Furney

Lawley --- Kiernan --- Hodson

Offline kellan

• Inventor of the most evil 'Stepping On Lego' curse. Cross her at your peril! Icelandic Pleasuredrone and a truly, unruly yet outrageous gem.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3523 on: September 3, 2021, 08:37:59 am »
There's always a lot more photos on Getty than end up posted by the club https://www.gettyimages.co.uk/photos/liverpool-women?family=editorial&phrase=liverpool%20women&sort=best

Furness was there. I don't see Bailey.

Beard brought Fahey on as a straight swap when Bailey went off injured instead of moving Matthews forward to take Bailey's spot at DM and putting Fahey at CB. We have a lot of options for CB/DM but I never imagined Fahey at DM being added to the list. Roberts came on toward the end and went in at RB.

This is how we started:

Laws

Wardlaw - Robe - Matthews - Hinds

Bailey
     Kearns  ----------  Furness

Lawley --- Kiernan --- Holland

When Furness was taken off for Dean:

Laws

Wardlaw - Robe - Matthews - Hinds

Fahey
     Kearns  ----------  Holland

Kiernan --- Dean --- Lawley

I forget exactly how we looked when we finished and can't check right now but it was probably straight swaps Kiernan/Hodson, Kearns/Humphrey, Wardlaw/Roberts.

I don't even know where to start on guessing Saturday's team. It depends a lot on whether Fahey again takes Bailey's role.

Yana Daniels still has to fit in somewhere, too. Though she isn't fit for Watford.

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3524 on: September 3, 2021, 09:08:06 am »
I've just realised Liverpool Women aren't in the Premier League which is a bit mad, is it a case of us not spending much compared to others? Or just poor management?

Offline kellan

• Inventor of the most evil 'Stepping On Lego' curse. Cross her at your peril! Icelandic Pleasuredrone and a truly, unruly yet outrageous gem.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3525 on: September 3, 2021, 09:34:33 am »
I've just realised Liverpool Women aren't in the Premier League which is a bit mad, is it a case of us not spending much compared to others? Or just poor management?
I'd say it's a combination of on and off the pitch issues. The short version of the story is that we invested enough to make ourselves the club to replicate, then stood still while everyone replicated and then overtook. We still had a good enough squad to be top division, but it never happened on the pitch as it should have done and that coincided with covid cancelling the league when we were in the relegation spot. Bit of a perfect storm situation. We had a good enough squad to win promotion right back to the WSL at the first time of asking, but that never came off on the pitch either. We'll see what happens with our second attempt.

Offline LeoT

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3526 on: September 3, 2021, 10:09:47 pm »
I agree the league being cancelled due to COVID was a perfect storm that sent us down.

I remember being at what turned to be our last WSL game against West Ham.
At the time West Ham had just had a very poor run of results and we had just narrowly lost to Chelsea in a mid-week game, but were playing well.
I walked in the stadium thinking we'll win this one, but we made a bucket load of errors in the first 25 mins, never quite recovered,  and ended up losing the game 4:2 (...going from memory).
If we had won that game or even got a draw we may have moved off the bottom of the table, but the rest is history.

Now there's loads of TV money in the WSL so the teams there have more funds.
However, our Women's Championship games are only shown very rarely on the FA Player, never on the BBC or Sky, so our income (and spending budget) is reduced.

Last season was our big season in which we should have bounced back up, didn't happen. 
So this is our big season in which we'll win promotion (...I hope)

Offline LeoT

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3527 on: September 3, 2021, 10:14:52 pm »
@Kellan
You were spot on about the player who assisted in the ManU game :-)

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/women/442525-georgia-walters-joins-liverpool-fc-women

Offline kellan

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3528 on: September 4, 2021, 08:31:09 am »
I agree the league being cancelled due to COVID was a perfect storm that sent us down.

I remember being at what turned to be our last WSL game against West Ham.
At the time West Ham had just had a very poor run of results and we had just narrowly lost to Chelsea in a mid-week game, but were playing well.
I walked in the stadium thinking we'll win this one, but we made a bucket load of errors in the first 25 mins, never quite recovered,  and ended up losing the game 4:2 (...going from memory).
If we had won that game or even got a draw we may have moved off the bottom of the table, but the rest is history.

Now there's loads of TV money in the WSL so the teams there have more funds.
However, our Women's Championship games are only shown very rarely on the FA Player, never on the BBC or Sky, so our income (and spending budget) is reduced.

Last season was our big season in which we should have bounced back up, didn't happen. 
So this is our big season in which we'll win promotion (...I hope)
That West Ham game was a bit of a weird one, you're right. Was just our luck that we would go and have a really bad day on what turned out to be the final one of the season. They were on a poor run, we were doing fine defensively, and we ship four goals in what should have a been a match to put at least a point on the board. I can't remember exactly what the table looked like now, but I want to say I'm right in thinking a point would have lifted us above Birmingham? Either way, we were due to play Birmingham next and they were in managerless free-fall. If the shutdown of the football had happened one week later, we would probably still be WSL right now. But it's all history. We had a chance to get ourselves back in the WSL again but never took.

Offline kellan

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3529 on: September 4, 2021, 08:37:25 am »
@Kellan
You were spot on about the player who assisted in the ManU game :-)

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/women/442525-georgia-walters-joins-liverpool-fc-women
Very nearly posted yesterday that I didn't think we were keeping her on because the transfer window closed Thursday and I expected we would have announced it in line with that. Also didn't see her in the training photos either. Glad I never bothered to throw the post out there now  ;D

Offline LeoT

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3530 on: September 4, 2021, 02:02:58 pm »
This is the lineup.

Foster
Wallrdlaw - Robe - Matthews - Hinds
    Bo -Fahey - Holland
Keenan - Dean - Lawley

We just missed a sitter

Offline LeoT

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3531 on: September 4, 2021, 02:05:21 pm »
Watford 0:1 Liverpool

Missy Bo direct from a corner.
About the 4th minute

Offline LeoT

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3532 on: September 4, 2021, 02:30:18 pm »
Watford 0:2 Liverpool

Rihanna Dean

30th Minute

Offline LeoT

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3533 on: September 4, 2021, 02:32:18 pm »
Watford 0:3 Liverpool

Rihanna Dean

32nd Minute

Offline LeoT

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3534 on: September 4, 2021, 02:37:47 pm »
Watford 0:4 Liverpool

Rihanna Dean (hat trick)

37th Min

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #3535 on: September 4, 2021, 02:43:50 pm »
Seems to be going reasonably well thus far... :D
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline kellan

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3536 on: September 4, 2021, 03:16:14 pm »
It's only 3-0 going off the twitter updates. One of those Dean goals hasn't counted? Sack the commentator.

Offline LeoT

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3537 on: September 4, 2021, 03:40:50 pm »
Watford 1:3 Liverpool

77th minute

Offline LeoT

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3538 on: September 4, 2021, 03:43:38 pm »
It's only 3-0 going off the twitter updates. One of those Dean goals hasn't counted? Sack the commentator.

You're right, I just noticed the score board.
Was typing when we took the centre (or didn't as it has become apparent)

Offline LeoT

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3539 on: September 4, 2021, 03:55:19 pm »
Watford 2:3 Liverpool.

2nd minute not stoppage time

Watford are pushing for an equaliser

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #3540 on: September 4, 2021, 03:56:57 pm »
Watford 2:3 Liverpool.

2nd minute not stoppage time

Watford are pushing for an equaliser

Just call me "Jonah..."  :(
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline LeoT

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3541 on: September 4, 2021, 04:00:57 pm »
Finished 2:3

Thank god 😀

Loads of taking it into the corner flag

Offline LeoT

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3542 on: September 4, 2021, 04:24:02 pm »
Some of the football 1st half was fantastic.
Should have gone in 5 or 6 nil at half time.

Then to end up taking it to the corner flag for the last 5 mins is just unbelievable.

The game changed when Robe went off and we took Fahey out of central midfield.

Wardlaw did ok as a Defensive Midfielder, was quite surprised/impressed.

Offline LeoT

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3543 on: September 9, 2021, 10:51:59 pm »
Training photos ahead of this weekend's match.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/women/442772-gallery-lfc-women-in-training-ahead-of-bristol-city-test

Everyone who played in the last one seems to be in training, notably Mel Lawley who went off injured late in the Watford match, as well as Jade Bailey who went injured during  the previous match.
Be interesting to see if Matt returns Bailey to the center of midfield, or if he'll stick with Fahey; who I think added a lot of energy, so arguably did a better job???

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #3544 on: September 11, 2021, 11:38:19 am »

A useful site for checking live matches being shown on the LFC TV channel - www.live-footballontv.com/live-football-on-lfc-tv.html

^ live games should include the U18, U23, the Premier League 2, EFL Trophy, and Liverpool Women. Plus maybe any Legends / charity / testimonial type matches etc.

Full LFC TV channel listings - www.liverpoolfc.com/lfctv (with some content featured / advertised on https://twitter.com/LFCTV)
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #3545 on: September 11, 2021, 04:39:51 pm »
oojason...ta for that.  :thumbup
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline LeoT

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3546 on: September 11, 2021, 10:35:04 pm »
Anyone know if the Bristol City match is going to be streamed anywhere?

Offline kellan

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3547 on: September 12, 2021, 07:46:55 am »
No. LFCTV are in Leeds and we aren't the FA Player match. I've seen nothing of Bristol taking the streaming on.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #3548 on: September 12, 2021, 08:18:32 am »
Happy memories of a Bristol match 8 years ago now........wow, where does the time go.....

Offline kellan

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3549 on: September 12, 2021, 01:12:54 pm »
Unchanged.

Foster, Wardlaw, Robe, Matthews, Hinds, Fahey, Kearns, Holland, Lawley, Dean, Kiernan
subs: Laws, Roberts, Bailey, Furness, Hodson, Moore, Humphrey, Parry, Daniels

Lawley not injured (I expected so after seeing her go off last week). Bailey back in. Daniels first appearance in the match squad. Walters absent(?)

Bristol are lining up with ex-red Satara Murray in defence. What a character she was. Beard signed her, and she was still here for three seasons or so after he left us. I don't know how her returning to England passed me by.

Offline LeoT

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3550 on: September 12, 2021, 01:41:36 pm »
Satara Murray; as a right back she wasn't great going forward but almost impossible to get past defensively.
Glad she's back in the UK, think she left to go home for family reasons.

Having said all that,      ....hope she has an absolute shocker today :-)

Offline LeoT

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3551 on: September 12, 2021, 04:16:23 pm »
How did it go?
Did we play well?

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #3552 on: September 12, 2021, 04:25:44 pm »
It was 0-0, not sure how they played

Offline kellan

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3553 on: September 12, 2021, 04:59:17 pm »
Sounds like there was some drama at the end with a Bristol player being sent off for what should have been a penalty to us, but the ref bottled it. I don't like to read too much into twitter takes before I see things for myself though.

Results elsewhere have been a mixed bag of luck for us. Those at the top of the table at the start of the day both dropped points, but Durham and Sheffield both won and they're probably more important. We really need to string some wins together or this is over before it even begins.

There's an international break now, which would be handy if we weren't losing players to that.

Palace are the next game, and they've been making a nuisance of themselves.

Offline kellan

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3554 on: September 13, 2021, 10:46:08 am »
Full match is up on the FA Player. Nice to see we aren't last and days late this time https://faplayer.thefa.com/video/MF9tYWpyenJwdiU3QyUyRnNlY3Rpb24lM0ZwYWdlJTNEaG9tZS1wYWdlJTdDY2Fyb3VzZWwtMA%3D%3D

Haven't watched it yet.

Offline LeoT

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3555 on: September 13, 2021, 10:44:49 pm »
Full match is up on the FA Player. Nice to see we aren't last and days late this time https://faplayer.thefa.com/video/MF9tYWpyenJwdiU3QyUyRnNlY3Rpb24lM0ZwYWdlJTNEaG9tZS1wYWdlJTdDY2Fyb3VzZWwtMA%3D%3D

Haven't watched it yet.

Good match, we were mostly on top, except for a 15 minute period mid way through the 1st half.
Even after we went down to 10 players because of Fahey's red card we were still the more likely to score.
Made chances, and constantly looked threatening, but let down by poor final balls, and countless interceptions by the opposition keeper (...who was possibly the player of the match).

Bo Kearns was probably our best player on the day, though Robe and Matthews looked rock solid again.

Offline LeoT

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3556 on: September 13, 2021, 10:45:51 pm »
also, how on earth was that not a penalty in the 89th minute?

It was a direct free kick, the ref blew his whistle to start play,  the free kick was taken,  it struck the arm of an encroaching player in the box,  yet the ref bottled it and ordered a retake of the free kick for encroachment, rather than a penalty for the hand ball in the box.  :no

I sense this is going to be a really tough season.  :butt
« Last Edit: September 13, 2021, 10:52:27 pm by LeoT »

Offline kellan

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3557 on: September 21, 2021, 10:41:33 am »
The club is again running the free bus between Anfield and Prenton Park for Palace on Sunday. Places need to be reserved in advance.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/women/444145-free-coach-offer-for-liverpool-fc-women-fixture

Offline LeoT

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3558 on: September 26, 2021, 10:52:55 pm »
Was a strange game today. The performance was exactly the same as  the Watford game  a few weeks back.
We should have gone in 3 or 4 nil at half time, except for the fluke goal.
Not sure what Matt gave the team at half time (maybe pie and mash with sticky toffee pudding and custard for afters,  instead of the usual oranges) but we came out really, really lethargic.
All that momentum we built in the 1st half was lost and it felt as though the points were about to be dropped ...again.

Glad we closed out the game, was a really well earned 3 points that we can hopefully build on next week.

3 at the back worked well.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #3559 on: September 27, 2021, 01:38:06 am »
Watched some on youtube which had a chat box. Disappointing what some post.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.