Author Topic: Sky Sports  (Read 314946 times)

Offline Wullie160975

• Oor Wullie! Your Wullie! A'body's Wullie!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Sky Sports
« Reply #3440 on: September 13, 2021, 10:46:28 am »
Tyler also stated yesterday that because we played Leeds last year right after the ESL announcement that everyone will have cheered their goal against us.

I wanted to put my fist through my computer screen at that point - fuck paying for it.

Offline Jwils21

• Justwindy,innit,lowestspeed21 (knots)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3441 on: September 13, 2021, 11:02:08 am »
If they focused less on trying to project a seemingly prewritten list of agendas and narratives and more on commentating, they'd be fine.

Focus should always be on the 90 minutes at hand rather than the chaotic bubble that surrounds the game and the world in general. Watching the match in person is a welcome escape from real life for a few hours, watching it on Sky is just witnessing them trying to cram in as many references to the "wider narrative" as possible.

It took Tyler 2 minutes to mention Cristiano Ronaldo with a vague manufactured reference to Van Dijk, before 10 minutes had been played he'd managed to link Emma Radocanu and Harvey Elliott because they're the same age and before the first half was over managed to chuck in a further dig about the European Super League - none of these had a single thing to do with the actual game of footy being played at the time. Just trying to fill the gaps with complete shite.

But you could stomach that if there was anything from them when we scored. The commentary after Fabinho's goal was completely flat, you'd think the ball was just being played around the back 4 rather than us celebrating a second. Compare that with someone like Clive Tyldesley, Peter Drury or even Darren Fletcher on BT - all of them at least show some bloody emotion.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #3442 on: September 13, 2021, 11:05:18 am »
They did

I didn't see that. They said they would show up until the actual tackle but they didn't show the contact.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #3443 on: September 13, 2021, 11:05:24 am »
Not to worry though, Neville and Carragher are currently in the midst of a Twitter beef (fucking grow up) to amuse everyone with on MNF tonight.
AHA!

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #3444 on: September 13, 2021, 11:05:40 am »
I saw that they showed a slo mo of the tackle right to the moment of impact but nothing of the actual injury

That's correct.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3445 on: September 13, 2021, 11:09:58 am »
If they focused less on trying to project a seemingly prewritten list of agendas and narratives and more on commentating, they'd be fine.

Focus should always be on the 90 minutes at hand rather than the chaotic bubble that surrounds the game and the world in general. Watching the match in person is a welcome escape from real life for a few hours, watching it on Sky is just witnessing them trying to cram in as many references to the "wider narrative" as possible.

It took Tyler 2 minutes to mention Cristiano Ronaldo with a vague manufactured reference to Van Dijk, before 10 minutes had been played he'd managed to link Emma Radocanu and Harvey Elliott because they're the same age and before the first half was over managed to chuck in a further dig about the European Super League - none of these had a single thing to do with the actual game of footy being played at the time. Just trying to fill the gaps with complete shite.

But you could stomach that if there was anything from them when we scored. The commentary after Fabinho's goal was completely flat, you'd think the ball was just being played around the back 4 rather than us celebrating a second. Compare that with someone like Clive Tyldesley, Peter Drury or even Darren Fletcher on BT - all of them at least show some bloody emotion.
He was also desperately trying to work a Dan James angle too. After a few mentions, his most clumsy was on Leeds second sub, he said something like - only one more opportunity to bring on Dan James.

Then once he was on, he was working the Dan James pulling one back to set up a grandstand finish line.

He's insufferable and him and Neville, along with that sly twat Shreeves make it unwatchable. Like Keys and gray, they see themselves as an important indispensable part of the whole circus.

Offline lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3446 on: September 13, 2021, 11:27:20 am »
We are cancelling our SKY. Telling them that we can no longer justify funding footballers wages and tax breaks after the NI rise.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3447 on: September 13, 2021, 11:29:13 am »
We are cancelling our SKY. Telling them that we can no longer justify funding footballers wages and tax breaks after the NI rise.
I think you're missing an opportunity if that's all you say  ;)

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #3448 on: September 13, 2021, 11:37:09 am »
Not to worry though, Neville and Carragher are currently in the midst of a Twitter beef (fucking grow up) to amuse everyone with on MNF tonight.

Saw this.  Manufactured fun/banter  :puke2  Pair of them should be embarrassed of themselves.

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3449 on: September 13, 2021, 01:18:44 pm »
We had a few games with Rob Hawthorne and he is ok to be fair.

Soon as Tyler turns up its agenda mission he said something about Trent as well he seems to really hate him or hope he makes an error.

He did some other random fact "Harvey comes from Surrey not many footballers come from there then mentioned 2 from Fulham" weirdo.

I know him and Neville dont like us and to be honest I dont care about that but do your job properly.

Mark Chapman is a United fan on BBC when we were winning title he praised us "probably with gritted teeth" but still he did his job to the standard you expect.

Offline SK8 Red

• A spanking! A spanking!
  • Main Stander
  • Supporting since 1983 at a guess
« Reply #3450 on: September 13, 2021, 01:38:29 pm »
My stream with NBCSN stalled a few times and their coverage was great. Watched the last 15 mins on Sky which was utter crap with those pair of cretins.

Online Gili Gulu

• Looking forward to seeing the Golden Sky
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3451 on: September 13, 2021, 03:32:43 pm »

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=329496.msg17947218#new
Gili Gulu. (嘰哩咕嚕) means saying something no-one understands but yourself; a little rambling or a silly language between friends

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #3452 on: October 10, 2021, 10:35:50 pm »
Thibaut Courtois is making a very valid point about player overwork and burn-out. It's just a pity that the timing makes him come across like "sour grapes". Klopp has been saying  the same thing for years. What irritates me is the way SSN are happy to take a stand on things like the Super League (because it left them out of pocket), but the tone of their reporting on Courtois's statements is all "ooooooh... controversial!"  Fuck off with that. You know he's right, so just say it! ... Or at least have someone with a voice in football back him up. Someone needs to start speaking for the players so the business men (sharks) who run football schedules and marketing contracts can be reminded that these are human beings, not robots. 

This is one of several reasons why I can't take Sky Sports and their their little anti-racism campaign seriously (esp. the part where they start every football report with a summary of who "took the knee" and who didn't). It's all bogus. They don't give a fuck about racism in football, and they give even fewer fucks about player welfare. The bottom line is all that matters to Sky.

Offline JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3453 on: October 11, 2021, 08:44:16 am »
Thibaut Courtois is making a very valid point about player overwork and burn-out. It's just a pity that the timing makes him come across like "sour grapes". Klopp has been saying  the same thing for years. What irritates me is the way SSN are happy to take a stand on things like the Super League (because it left them out of pocket), but the tone of their reporting on Courtois's statements is all "ooooooh... controversial!"  Fuck off with that. You know he's right, so just say it! ... Or at least have someone with a voice in football back him up. Someone needs to start speaking for the players so the business men (sharks) who run football schedules and marketing contracts can be reminded that these are human beings, not robots. 

This is one of several reasons why I can't take Sky Sports and their their little anti-racism campaign seriously (esp. the part where they start every football report with a summary of who "took the knee" and who didn't). It's all bogus. They don't give a fuck about racism in football, and they give even fewer fucks about player welfare. The bottom line is all that matters to Sky.
It’s all bullshit, if they were truly concerned about racism and other prejudices then they would speak out against the sportswashers , will never happen tho.

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #3454 on: October 13, 2021, 12:22:36 am »
It’s all bullshit, if they were truly concerned about racism and other prejudices then they would speak out against the sportswashers , will never happen tho.
Didn't one of the owners or someone who runs things at Man City bail out Barclays Bank during the last economic crash? This is why Sky esp. is always so pro-Manc on everything.

Some idiot posing as a Liverpool fan throws a bottle of Koppaberg at their bus and they never stop harping on about it on SSN. Even Pep brought it up after their last match completely out of context. We must never be allowed to forget it happened. Yet a Liverpool team bus gets its tyres slashed and Sky not only makes sure it never makes the news, they spend the rest of the evening telling their viewers that the Manc fans' "protests" were "mostly peaceful".

Different club, I know, but they equally benefit from the same pro-Manc agenda. Follow the money and you'll find the root of all their bias and bullshit.

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #3455 on: October 16, 2021, 08:39:30 pm »
Interesting that Sky Sports News just showed the long highlights to the Chelsea game and did not mention the incorrect offside decision against Toney. Will be even more interesting if Match of the Day remain schtum as well.

Online gemofabird

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3456 on: October 16, 2021, 09:16:59 pm »
Interesting that Sky Sports News just showed the long highlights to the Chelsea game and did not mention the incorrect offside decision against Toney. Will be even more interesting if Match of the Day remain schtum as well.
Wasn't shown or mentioned in the post match analysis either. Mmm
The media's the most powerful entity on earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and to make the guilty innocent, and that's power. Because they control the minds of the masses.

Offline Jwils21

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3457 on: October 30, 2021, 04:02:10 pm »
Jeff Stelling leaving Sky at the end of the season. Be interesting to see which complete no mark they bring in to replace him.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3458 on: October 30, 2021, 04:34:03 pm »
Jeff Stelling leaving Sky at the end of the season. Be interesting to see which complete no mark they bring in to replace him.

He's done a great job for a long time. The show was brilliant from 2003 onwards up until the last few years where they got rid of Thommo and Le Tissier for unknown reasons. That combined with the fact 3 pms are becoming slowly phased out means the show has probably run its course.

Sky in general seem to be on the brink of collapsing football wise. They lost the Champions League, La Liga and if it wasn't for Neville and Carragher I think they'd be in danger league wise.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Online Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3459 on: October 30, 2021, 06:11:35 pm »
Jenas.

Offline Jwils21

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3460 on: October 30, 2021, 09:36:51 pm »
He's done a great job for a long time. The show was brilliant from 2003 onwards up until the last few years where they got rid of Thommo and Le Tissier for unknown reasons. That combined with the fact 3 pms are becoming slowly phased out means the show has probably run its course.

Sky in general seem to be on the brink of collapsing football wise. They lost the Champions League, La Liga and if it wasn't for Neville and Carragher I think they'd be in danger league wise.

Yeah, that original Soccer Saturday team were great entertainment for the most part. You can see why they’re trying to do all they can to keep the Carragher/Neville train running, even getting Tyler to focus more on drumming up talking points than commentating on the game.

Jenas.

The host needs to be an entertainer, not necessarily someone with insight. Hopefully they don’t go down the route of the modern day presenters, all Instagram and TikTok shite (am I getting old?)

Offline 67CherryRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3461 on: October 30, 2021, 10:02:46 pm »
Fenners does a good Jeff on Soccer AM, just bring him in and it's business as usual.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3462 on: October 30, 2021, 10:08:37 pm »
It's been on it's arse since they got rid of the old crew. Watching people watch football you can't see is only worth it if the people are worth watching. Not a presenter out there that can restore it to it's former glories. Gone for good and Stelling probably knows it.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #3463 on: October 30, 2021, 11:04:28 pm »
liked him. getting out when goings good for him though. Must be hard sounding funny and good when some Saturdays there's only one 3pm.ko
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #3464 on: October 30, 2021, 11:16:46 pm »

Providing they actually continue with it, it’ll be someone to tick one of the ‘boxes’ if you know what I mean

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #3465 on: October 30, 2021, 11:28:04 pm »
Fenners does a good Jeff on Soccer AM, just bring him in and it's business as usual.
Watched it today for the first time in ages to see the live cup draw. Hilarious.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3466 on: October 31, 2021, 12:01:33 am »
Providing they actually continue with it, it’ll be someone to tick one of the ‘boxes’ if you know what I mean
they are showing soccer am long after most people cared. It'll continue with some Banter loving knob

Online rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #3467 on: October 31, 2021, 12:32:48 am »

Thank absolute fuck.

12pm -6pm, ending …..SENTENCES….LIKKKKE……..THIIIISSSS

Sends me insane

Then there’s the ‘goal at Anfield and just as Merse was saying Liverpool we’re going to scoooooooooooore………..they concede’

Fuck off good riddance you bad meff
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3468 on: October 31, 2021, 12:50:44 am »
They’ll probably bring in someone like Karen Carney . Who will no doubt have an absolute nightmare , but no one will be allowed to point that out , for the usual reasons.

Online rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3469 on: October 31, 2021, 01:03:08 am »
They’ll probably bring in someone like Karen Carney . Who will no doubt have an absolute nightmare , but no one will be allowed to point that out , for the usual reasons.

I’d rather they just went a totally different way. It’s so tired a format at this point

Most people are watching the actual games on streaks anyway now

Jurgen Klopp

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3470 on: October 31, 2021, 01:23:15 am »
I’d rather they just went a totally different way. It’s so tired a format at this point

Most people are watching the actual games on streaks anyway now
when you strip it down bare like that it makes sense.

Online rushyman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3471 on: October 31, 2021, 01:25:28 am »
when you strip it down bare like that it makes sense.

It’s the naked truth

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #3472 on: November 1, 2021, 10:52:31 am »
I'd give up with Tactics Tim and Clinton Morrison in my ear every weekend.

Online Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #3473 on: November 1, 2021, 06:42:03 pm »
whoever it is it will be a box ticking exercise, nothing to do with them being any good at the job, they might bin it altogether though (rarely watched it, after I discovered streaming 3pms, back in the days of Tommo etc), did start to watch the pre-game but with the new lot but quickly dropped out and have not been back since!

What used to make it so watchable was the individuals appeared to have a long-standing affiliation to a team, Tommo - us, Charlie Nicholas - Arsenal etc so they would rib each other if their favourite was losing etc, then the cries of "GOOOOAAAAALLLLL" when Stelling was in the middle of a link and so on.

You can't replicate the rapport the panel built up over the years, you can replace them one by one maybe but they got rid of three of their core panel in one hit and took away a lot of what the programme was originally representing, i.e. a group of pals talking about footie in the pub and turned it into a politically correct load of mesh. 

Why when there are already replica programmes like Final Score and the BT version do that as is beyond me.

My guess is they'll cull it at the end of the season and have phoenix replacement starting next year
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #3474 on: November 1, 2021, 09:17:33 pm »
My guess is they'll cull it at the end of the season and have phoenix replacement starting next year

Aimed at the Yoof called something like "Total Scores" where the pundits just describe some mad skillz someone's just done and the pointless Scottish, non-league, Football League and non-Big Six games are omitted. Megan Thee Stallion to replace Kammy.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #3475 on: November 8, 2021, 11:06:35 pm »
Their coverage of the Cresswell non-red card this weekend has been nothing short of disgraceful. And they seem to think Dermot Gallagher's role as the PGMOL's mouthpiece isn't noticeable. It's as clear as day. Our society has become so corrupt, it's utterly revolting. Politics, sports, education, media, medicine. You name it, they are all in each other's pockets. Rotten to the core.

Offline Jwils21

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3476 on: November 8, 2021, 11:36:37 pm »
Aimed at the Yoof called something like "Total Scores" where the pundits just describe some mad skillz someone's just done and the pointless Scottish, non-league, Football League and non-Big Six games are omitted. Megan Thee Stallion to replace Kammy.

It’ll be Mark Goldbridge, Arsenal Fan TV Robbie and that divvy who sits in his ma’s box room overreacting to stuff pretending to be a big red.

Analysis will be in the form of short TikTok style videos to the latest grime music and highlights will be recreated on FIFA

Offline Dr Stu-Pid

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #3477 on: November 9, 2021, 10:37:30 am »
Their coverage of the Cresswell non-red card this weekend has been nothing short of disgraceful. And they seem to think Dermot Gallagher's role as the PGMOL's mouthpiece isn't noticeable. It's as clear as day. Our society has become so corrupt, it's utterly revolting. Politics, sports, education, media, medicine. You name it, they are all in each other's pockets. Rotten to the core.

In fairness to them, both Sue Smith and Stephen Warnock thought it was a clear red, so it is more just Dermot Gallagher being a mouthpiece for PGMOL than Sky.  Peter Walton is the same on BT.

What I would love to happen is for them to actually call out Gallagher and Walton on their ridiculous hypocrisy by showing other similar incidents and asking them to comment on why the opposite decision was given.  For example, the probably 50 times this season where the slightest contact on a goalkeeper without getting the ball has been a foul.  Make them squirm by either having to contradict themselves or admit that if this one is fine then all of those other decisions were wrong.     

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3478 on: November 9, 2021, 10:43:46 am »
In fairness to them, both Sue Smith and Stephen Warnock thought it was a clear red, so it is more just Dermot Gallagher being a mouthpiece for PGMOL than Sky.  Peter Walton is the same on BT.

What I would love to happen is for them to actually call out Gallagher and Walton on their ridiculous hypocrisy by showing other similar incidents and asking them to comment on why the opposite decision was given.  For example, the probably 50 times this season where the slightest contact on a goalkeeper without getting the ball has been a foul.  Make them squirm by either having to contradict themselves or admit that if this one is fine then all of those other decisions were wrong.   

Gallagher was asked the difference between Holgate's challenge and Cresswell's. His response was "The point of contact."

So to the side of the leg, just below the side of the knee is fine to take someone out, but the back of the leg just below the knee isn't.

I think for the keeper one it shouldn't be a foul. But as you say, there are countless examples of keepers being awarded fouls for even less contact. Pretty sure his excuse for the van Dijk challenge on De Gea a couple of season's back was that de Gea had 2 hands on the ball, therefore was in control of it. He clearly wasn't in control of it.

He's a c*nt. As Morgana says, the whole system is rotten to the core.
« Last Edit: November 9, 2021, 10:46:29 am by Barneylfc∗ »
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Lynx the saucy mynx

• Kopite
« Reply #3479 on: November 9, 2021, 10:46:02 am »
It’ll be Mark Goldbridge, Arsenal Fan TV Robbie and that divvy who sits in his ma’s box room overreacting to stuff pretending to be a big red.

Analysis will be in the form of short TikTok style videos to the latest grime music and highlights will be recreated on FIFA

When you see this garbage outside Anfield is it any surprise?

https://twitter.com/jbw_24/status/1455983712328355842?s=21

https://twitter.com/tlister77/status/1455981401451401224?s=21