Author Topic: Chasing the Title  (Read 1400130 times)

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
Re: Chasing the Title
« Reply #7600 on: March 6, 2019, 09:57:56 am »
We also had a significant measure of luck against Leicester, with our goal coming from Milner who was offside, and Leicester having some gilt-edged opportunities to score owing from some very poor defending.
Not sure if you’re serious here mate. Leicester’s goal scorer should have been sent off when we were 1-0 up. Yes they had chances but against ten men we win that game. Also the Milner offside was against West Ham.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline Tiz Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7601 on: March 6, 2019, 10:41:11 am »
Their game against Cardiff is probably going to happen in the same gameweek as Fulham. So April 3rd like you say. By the end of that gameweek they would have played Watford, Fulham and Cardiff. We will have played Burnley, Fulham and Spurs. At the end of that period we must have 3 wins in our 3 games.

After that, they likely won’t have a game in gameweek 33 (presuming they get past Swansea), and we will play Southampton. If we win that game we will be ahead by 2 points provided that the above happens. After that the shit really starts to hit the fan because CL aside they will have Palace, Spurs and United. While we will have Chelsea and Cardiff over the next 2 weeks. If we are still ahead after our game against Chelsea I think we have a great chance of winning it. So basically after our next 5 games, if we win them all.

This is not factoring in what happens to us in the CL. And also we have to treat Spurs the same for both. If we’re suggesting that realistically Spurs will take points off them then we must also say the same for us.

One last twist could lie in the hands of Brendan Rodgers. He knows how much Liverpool and Liverpool fans crave a league title and what it means to us. He will do everything in his power to go out and get something when they play City in the penultimate game. Mark my words.

Anything Brendan Rodgers does is for Brendan Rodgers end of story

Offline SteveLFC

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #7602 on: March 6, 2019, 10:47:53 am »
And then he will fly over merseyside on a unicorn farting rainbows and fairy dust over Anfield..

One last twist could lie in the hands of Brendan Rodgers. He knows how much Liverpool and Liverpool fans crave a league title and what it means to us. He will do everything in his power to go out and get something when they play City in the penultimate game. Mark my words.

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7603 on: March 6, 2019, 10:49:51 am »
Anything Brendan Rodgers does is for Brendan Rodgers end of story

Quite. Not only that but expecting Rodgers to set up a defence to keep city's attack at bay is certainly, well, interesting.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7604 on: March 6, 2019, 10:51:25 am »
Quite. Not only that but expecting Rodgers to set up a defence to keep city's attack at bay is certainly, well, interesting.

I dont think you need to or at least people put too much stock in that. Leicester have the ability to cause City problems in an attacking sense and thats scares them more than a very good defensive side.

Put it this way, they would rather play a Dyche managed Burnley than a Leicester managed by Rodgers.

Online harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
« Reply #7605 on: March 6, 2019, 10:54:47 am »
Rodgers has managed a couple of draws against City in CL with Celtic so he know exactly how to play them.

Although City probably have even more firepower now.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #7606 on: March 6, 2019, 10:59:17 am »
Doesn’t really matter, we won’t particularly need a favour from them anyway at that point. It’d actually be a little annoying for us to wrap it up when we’re not playing, rather than in our next home game.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7607 on: March 6, 2019, 11:23:36 am »
Doesn’t really matter, we won’t particularly need a favour from them anyway at that point. It’d actually be a little annoying for us to wrap it up when we’re not playing, rather than in our next home game.

I'm going to say I could live with it....
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Offline rafathegaffa

• Legacy Fan
  • Bang bang Rosie
    • A few songs...
« Reply #7608 on: March 6, 2019, 11:57:24 am »
You missed Leicester and Newcastle off that list of ‘tricky’ fixtures. You know, the mid table teams they lost to.

It's a good point. City are far more likely to lose a game through complacency than by being outplayed. In fact, I'd go as far as saying as no team is capable of outplaying them, but that doesn't mean they can't lose.

Offline Scouser-Tommy

• Legacy Fan
  • Allez, Allez, Allez...
« Reply #7609 on: March 6, 2019, 12:08:05 pm »
At least we wouldn't struggle for any spare tickets at the Etihad to go and watch it...

Offline KingKolo

• usernamechangefullcirclejerk
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7610 on: March 6, 2019, 12:28:12 pm »
Not sure if you’re serious here mate. Leicester’s goal scorer should have been sent off when we were 1-0 up. Yes they had chances but against ten men we win that game. Also the Milner offside was against West Ham.
No way the referee can be sure that Mane is getting a goal-scoring opportunity if Maguire doesn't foul him. The ball is running away from goal.

Sure Mane is quick but we all expect referees to send players off only if they are sure, not if they have a hunch.

Yellow definitely the right call, and Leicester played better than us that day, creating more chances.

Online RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7611 on: March 6, 2019, 12:41:35 pm »
No way the referee can be sure that Mane is getting a goal-scoring opportunity if Maguire doesn't foul him. The ball is running away from goal.

Sure Mane is quick but we all expect referees to send players off only if they are sure, not if they have a hunch.

Yellow definitely the right call, and Leicester played better than us that day, creating more chances.

Pretty sure that was the game Keita was booted in the box late in the game just as he was about to shoot. One of the biggest moments of the game and we got fuck all for it and unlike them it wasn't us messing up or not being clinical, just suffering due to incompetent refereeing

Offline BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #7612 on: March 6, 2019, 12:46:56 pm »

He’s the last man and he’s hauled him down, that’s a red card offence. As the poster above alludes to, we were also denied a stone wall penalty. We didn’t play at all well on the night but we shouldn’t have to play well every time we win. If the referee does his job, one of those big decisions goes for us and we probably win. Man City were poor against West Ham last week but benefited from a penalty, a much less clear cut decision than ours vs Leicester.

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7613 on: March 6, 2019, 12:49:13 pm »
Pretty sure that was the game Keita was booted in the box late in the game just as he was about to shoot. One of the biggest moments of the game and we got fuck all for it and unlike them it wasn't us messing up or not being clinical, just suffering due to incompetent refereeing

It was a stonewall penalty. We weren't great against leicester by any means and I'm not going to moan too hard as we've had some decisions go our way this year as well as against us, but if keita isn't fouled then it's very likely he scores and because he is fouled it was just a nailed on pen.

Offline Alisson Wonderland

• Kopite
« Reply #7614 on: March 6, 2019, 12:54:22 pm »
Yeah, it would be dead annoying if we win the league like this.   ::)

We could win the league by City getting docked 15 points for ignoring FFP rules and I’d still be as happy as if we won it any other way.

Offline Alisson Wonderland

• Kopite
« Reply #7615 on: March 6, 2019, 12:55:20 pm »
We also had a significant measure of luck against Leicester, with our goal coming from Milner who was offside, and Leicester having some gilt-edged opportunities to score owing from some very poor defending.
I think you are confusing the Leicester game with the West Ham game here

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #7616 on: March 6, 2019, 01:08:23 pm »
Every single comment about too many draws and what we’re not doing needs to be contextualised
This squad is being asked to do the virtual impossible - set a points record for the club and potentially hit a target that will have won the premier league every year but this one and the last one
It was inevitable they wouldn’t keep up the pace of the first 20 games
It’s not drawing too many games and it’s not falling short in any way - it’s over achieving. If it’s not enough then we’re fucking unlucky to have run into a financially doped juggernaut.  End of.
« Last Edit: March 6, 2019, 01:12:01 pm by JackWard33 »

Offline MH41

• Kopite
« Reply #7617 on: March 6, 2019, 01:17:01 pm »
I think that the big issue with the Leicester game (asides from the Maguire & Keita incidents) was the weather, particularly the icy (snow and slippy) pitch. You could see, especially in the first half, how tentative the players were, and how many errors, slips etc happened due to the state of the pitch.
Unfortunately there is nothing that we could have done about that. It was the same for both sides, but I still believe that it was a 'leveller'. Had we played the night before (as City had. Bt by Newcastle), I think we might have had a different outcome.
You also need a bit of luck to win a title. On that night we didn't get it. (and I'm still trying not to discuss that goal line decision v Man City................What if 11mm is the difference between winning the League or not...............?)

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7618 on: March 6, 2019, 01:31:19 pm »
It’s not drawing too many games and it’s not falling short in any way - it’s over achieving. If it’s not enough then we’re fucking unlucky to have run into a financially doped juggernaut.  End of.

Yep, totally agree.

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #7619 on: March 6, 2019, 01:41:07 pm »
Every single comment about too many draws and what we’re not doing needs to be contextualised
This squad is being asked to do the virtual impossible - set a points record for the club and potentially hit a target that will have won the premier league every year but this one and the last one
Leicester made us all dream
"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #7620 on: March 6, 2019, 01:42:53 pm »
Yep, totally agree.
It's a convenient excuse but we're no mingebags ourselves and during the Everton game we brought on Lallana and not our 50mil midfielder

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7621 on: March 6, 2019, 01:43:36 pm »

They did but what it showed was that if you can be competitive over a period of time then you will get a season in which stars can allign. Our problem has been we have challenged and then fallen off a cliff.

We need to be in a position to challenge again next season, then the following season and then the season after that.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7622 on: March 6, 2019, 01:44:52 pm »

Leicester is the exception to the rule not the norm, you keep bringing it up as if it's something that happens on a regular basis. It was a miraculous achievement just like coming back from 3-0 against Milan considering their quality and our side was a miracle, the same thing can be said for them even more so.

So you can't use that year as a gauge for the normality of what the average league winning side looks like

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7623 on: March 6, 2019, 01:45:01 pm »
It's a convenient excuse but we're no mingebags ourselves and during the Everton game we brought on Lallana and not our 50mil midfielder

We are not and that will allow us to clock one of the highest points totals ever. Its not like we are not performing, we clearly are. Whether that is enough to beat possibly the greatest ever Premier League side is another question.

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7624 on: March 6, 2019, 01:46:12 pm »
We are not and that will allow us to clock one of the highest points totals ever. Its not like we are not performing, we clearly are. Whether that is enough to beat possibly the greatest ever Premier League side is another question.

And there are levels to spending. Man City are on another level. That's just a fact.

Offline SlowRap

• Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #7625 on: March 6, 2019, 01:51:50 pm »
They did but what it showed was that if you can be competitive over a period of time then you will get a season in which stars can allign. Our problem has been we have challenged and then fallen off a cliff.

We need to be in a position to challenge again next season, then the following season and then the season after that.
We are in the position to challenge this year, we had a chance to go 10 clear. The fear many fans have is we miss out and the Barcas/RMs will be after Salah and VVD and we see the whole thing re-set again.

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7626 on: March 6, 2019, 01:52:02 pm »

Nailed it.

This group have smashed it all season long. Keep backing them.

IF it's not enough, let's go again next year with the same intent and consistency.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7627 on: March 6, 2019, 01:54:42 pm »
We are in the position to challenge this year, we had a chance to go 10 clear. The fear many fans have is we miss out and the Barcas/RMs will be after Salah and VVD and we see the whole thing re-set again.

Winning alone doesn't guarantee that the likes of Barca and Real don't ask for your top players, it also doesn't mean you have to sell them without it being on your terms. Ronaldo won the treble with United and wanting to leave the year before and the year after. That's one example.

And Barca and Real are not in positions to spend expediently as they were able to before.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7628 on: March 6, 2019, 01:55:15 pm »

We are challenging. What we have struggled to do is keep up with insane pace we were going at and City have kept winning. If they win every game from now till the end, they will have taken 51 out of 54 points. Thats something out of the Harlem Globetrotters play book.

As for the players we should tell them to fuck off. That is the time to criticise the club is if it sells its best players, but not now.

Also we have got to a CL final and are competing for the league. If we are saying that unless you win a CL or a league (a fact that very few teams do consistently) then we have to sell a good player is mad.

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #7629 on: March 6, 2019, 01:59:18 pm »

They also won the league with 81 points.  We'll probably surpass that in a few weeks. ;)

Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline SlowRap

• Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #7630 on: March 6, 2019, 02:00:08 pm »
We are challenging. What we have struggled to do is keep up with insane pace we were going at and City have kept winning. If they win every game from now till the end, they will have taken 51 out of 54 points. Thats something out of the Harlem Globetrotters play book.

As for the players we should tell them to fuck off. That is the time to criticise the club is if it sells its best players, but not now.
It's a cycle though, we challenge we lose Suarez, we lose Sterling. We rebuild, we challenge we lose Phil, we rebuild, we challenge...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7631 on: March 6, 2019, 02:02:49 pm »

It's a cycle though, we challenge we lose Suarez, we lose Sterling. We rebuild, we challenge we lose Phil, we rebuild, we challenge...

Football itself is as cycle. This club is in a much better position than when Suarez and Sterling were here.

Coutinho wanted to leave before we got to a CL final and before the position we are in now. So there aren't guarantees either way.  But what is clear is that the world didn't end when Coutinho left like many thought it would be after he left.

Offline SlowRap

• Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #7632 on: March 6, 2019, 02:02:59 pm »
They also won the league with 81 points.  We'll probably surpass that in a few weeks. ;)
The more I think of that argument and Robbos tweet where he went through seasons and compared our point tally now to those...it doesn't make it any easier as... we didn't win the league in those seasons either.

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7633 on: March 6, 2019, 02:16:38 pm »

VVD and Salah will win everything they want to win right here. They're going nowhere.

It's a separate point I've no idea how some liverpool fans get out of bed in the morning. Like I loved a moan on these pages for many of the years we've been absolutely fucking shite, but we're unreal now. Like we stand a chance - a really fucking good chance - of winning the title when against a team/coach that people are considering amongst the best of all time. There isn't a single club in Europe that would want to draw us in the champions league. But people are moaning about too many draws, about a misfiring midfield, about the front 3 not 'clicking'. Whilst there's nothing wrong with diseccting the odd performance and wondering what you could improve the amount of 'worrying' people do is bizarre. WE'RE FUCKING GREAT. There's only one way it gets better and that's with big silver trophies on the sideboard. The idea that anyone would hold any type of fear about losing players now is just wasted energy. We lost coutinho and GOT BETTER, while he had a mixed time of it at barca. If that's the precedent then what's the concern? This is what people means by enjoying the ride. If you can't enjoy this without worrying about who might stay or go in the summer, the whole thing isn't for you.

Offline SlowRap

• Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #7634 on: March 6, 2019, 02:25:06 pm »
VVD and Salah will win everything they want to win right here. They're going nowhere.

It's a separate point I've no idea how some liverpool fans get out of bed in the morning. Like I loved a moan on these pages for many of the years we've been absolutely fucking shite, but we're unreal now. Like we stand a chance - a really fucking good chance - of winning the title when against a team/coach that people are considering amongst the best of all time. There isn't a single club in Europe that would want to draw us in the champions league. But people are moaning about too many draws, about a misfiring midfield, about the front 3 not 'clicking'. Whilst there's nothing wrong with diseccting the odd performance and wondering what you could improve the amount of 'worrying' people do is bizarre. WE'RE FUCKING GREAT. There's only one way it gets better and that's with big silver trophies on the sideboard. The idea that anyone would hold any type of fear about losing players now is just wasted energy. We lost coutinho and GOT BETTER, while he had a mixed time of it at barca. If that's the precedent then what's the concern? This is what people means by enjoying the ride. If you can't enjoy this without worrying about who might stay or go in the summer, the whole thing isn't for you.
Maybe you're on the other end of the spectrum from pessimist to overly optimistic? "We're fucking great?" We've won 1 Trophy in 10 years. We were "fucking great" in the 80s.

"During Paisley's nine seasons as manager Liverpool won 21 trophies, including three European Cups, a UEFA Cup, six League titles and three consecutive League Cups" - that's my standard for "fucking great."

Strange you mention CL where we haven't won away all season? People are dissecting and trying to figure out problem areas so that...we can solve them - the alternative of sticking fingers in your ears and putting on red tinted glasses going la la la isn't going to solve anything. The end goal is the same, or at least should be the same for superfans, realists, and pessimists it's to see LFC win trophies.

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7635 on: March 6, 2019, 02:29:56 pm »
Maybe you're on the other end of the spectrum from pessimist to overly optimistic? "We're fucking great?" We've won 1 Trophy in 10 years. We were "fucking great" in the 80s.

"During Paisley's nine seasons as manager Liverpool won 21 trophies, including three European Cups, a UEFA Cup, six League titles and three consecutive League Cups" - that's my standard for "fucking great."

Strange you mention CL where we haven't won away all season? People are dissecting and trying to figure out problem areas so that...we can solve them - the alternative of sticking fingers in your ears and putting on red tinted glasses going la la la isn't going to solve anything. The end goal is the same, or at least should be the same for superfans, realists, and pessimists it's to see LFC win trophies.

You'll solve nothing. None of us will. We're just some nerds chatting shit on the internet. It's up to Klopp to solve it. I'd back him to myself like. That's why I'm enjoying it, and not too worried if any of our players leg it in the summer. Or now. Or as long as that big handsome german fella is in charge.

And we are great. Really fucking good like. The best we've been since the late 80s imo, and that includes periods where we won trophies. If it makes me a superfan because I'm enjoying that, I'll take it. I wish more would.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7636 on: March 6, 2019, 02:36:24 pm »

Strange you mention we haven't won away all season, as if you have to win away to be successful in Europe, as if that's the only formula to be successful. We hadn't lost a game in Europe last season up until the final. Real Madrid lost to Tottenham convincingly, and lost to Juventus 3-1 in the same season they won it.

Strange you absolutely highlight on the negative to make it the overall picture of what is actually going on.

Of course people are discussing things, it's what we're all doing but solve them? What are you going to solve? What am I going to solve by discussing them on here? I enjoy football, I love the club but neither you or I are going to solve anything for the club by discussing it on here. That's nonsense. Now if we were discussing how to  solve something that we could have a direct impact on [atmosphere,banners, things of that sort] then that's a whole different notion.

Whether you view it as a pessimist or as an optimist, that won't change the outcome on the pitch.  We nearly went into administration 10 years ago, when everything about this club was bleak, on and off the pitch. That time, it made proper sense to complain and focus on the negatives because that's what the situation was. We were a mess.

But ultimately if you can't find any ounce of enjoyment out of a side who is improving before your eyes under the manager who was wanted by the most majority of the people who support this club, then you never will.

If things were so bleak then criticism and negativity is warranted, when facing administration when facing absolutely uncertainty on the pitch then that makes perfect sense.

But that's not the case now. This club has never been more together in every aspect in a very very very long time.

What is being asked of this side is perfection in order to match a behemoth who we are competing against. There are no certainties in football, just like they aren't in life. So why, should I for instance worry about losing our players, when I don't know what the hell is going to happen in life tomorrow let alone what is going to happen with the players or the club?

IF there wasn't anything positive to discuss about this side and if there wasn't any progress made, if we were in a stalemate, stagnated, then your reaction and your outlook on the situation would be warranted. But now? I don't think so.

There is a difference between being balanced and objective, and being overly optimistic or pessimistic. it's clear which side of the fence you sit on
« Last Edit: March 6, 2019, 02:38:16 pm by deFacto »

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #7637 on: March 6, 2019, 02:43:51 pm »
I think they'll lose at Man U
Spurs' form has dropped off - but that could be a draw

The Palace game could be one - I will be watching that like it's a Cup Final
Let Roy Hodgson give us one gift, he never could as our manager. Palace have some tools to do damage.
« Last Edit: March 6, 2019, 02:46:10 pm by lionel_messias »
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline SlowRap

• Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #7638 on: March 6, 2019, 02:49:34 pm »
You'll solve nothing. None of us will. We're just some nerds chatting shit on the internet. It's up to Klopp to solve it. I'd back him to myself like. That's why I'm enjoying it, and not too worried if any of our players leg it in the summer. Or now. Or as long as that big handsome german fella is in charge.

And we are great. Really fucking good like. The best we've been since the late 80s imo, and that includes periods where we won trophies. If it makes me a superfan because I'm enjoying that, I'll take it. I wish more would.
that goes without saying, but it's fun to see what alternative paths Klopp could take as that breeds discussion, if we all thought like you there'd be no point in threads as "IT'S FUCKING GREAT" would probably be posted over and over - of course you get superfans that throw mud at you personally if you challenge even the smallest of decisions but it's also fun watching them do mental gymnastics to defend obvious mistakes.

I remember in the summer a few of us got lambasted for wanting Allison in over Karius I know it's hilarious to think of it now but I spent a good few pages arguing about why we need an upgrade when one is available of course I was met with the classics "Klopp knows best" mantra, some stats of Karius's purple patch to support their outrage.  Thankfully Klopp did know best and in the end his pragmatism won and we got the upgrade.

Offline BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #7639 on: March 6, 2019, 02:50:00 pm »
We’re a year ahead of schedule, I don’t think anybody expected a serious title challenge this season. We narrowly clinched top 4 in 16/17, consolidated it in 17/18 and then this year maybe an outside shot at the league should have been expected, being frontrunners for long periods was beyond all expectation. Next season every player in the squad will be there because Klopp wants them to be and he’ll be able to use players to change the game. We still can’t do that unfortunately and it could be the thing that brings us short. It might not be, the front three could hit their straps.