Author Topic: Members Sales  (Read 2088135 times)

Online ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
Re: Members Sales 18/19
« Reply #3160 on: January 18, 2019, 08:03:54 pm »
He's caught loads with that post, he's clearly fishing  :lmao
Quote from: Harvest Fields
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3161 on: January 18, 2019, 09:57:42 pm »
So all Palace tickets are gone for us members, yet people like this who haven't been in years get VIP treatment?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-46916609

Disgrace.
the man used to watch the shite as well, ffs

Offline JasonR55

• Main Stander
  • Jurgens Army
« Reply #3162 on: January 19, 2019, 09:12:16 am »
Anyone have any success at the ticket office this morning?

Offline didopich

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3163 on: January 19, 2019, 10:47:26 am »
Just been told that by a mate that he went on q this morning and was about 200 people waiting but stuck to it and everyone was getting sorted but he couldn't cus they were asking for a membership cards. The ppint is there are tickets and still are selling them as we speak he said!

Offline kalle-anka

• Dönåld Dükk!!!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS member 6912
« Reply #3164 on: January 19, 2019, 10:58:32 am »
Just been told that by a mate that he went on q this morning and was about 200 people waiting but stuck to it and everyone was getting sorted but he couldn't cus they were asking for a membership cards. The ppint is there are tickets and still are selling them as we speak he said!

Well that's probably why he got to the front of the line before they sold out? If they only sell to members id imagen many being turned away.
But that said I think its good that they only sell to members!

Offline Winckle

• Main Stander
« Reply #3165 on: January 19, 2019, 11:18:03 am »
Are you being serious? Gotta be joking! The guy is 104, I look forward to my complimentary ticket in the 2093/94 season against Jupiter Athletic.
I'm sick of Jupiter Athletic trying to buy the league. They can't even fill Ganneymede Stadium.

Offline dundeejoe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3166 on: January 19, 2019, 12:17:21 pm »

That’s changed then since Manc game, fans without membership were getting tickets as long as they had ID with them
Hopefully it’s members only from now and not just up to the person that serves you

Offline nickyd186

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3167 on: January 19, 2019, 12:20:10 pm »
That’s changed then since Manc game, fans without membership were getting tickets as long as they had ID with them
Hopefully it’s members only from now and not just up to the person that serves you
Was exactly the same as the Everton game all you needed was id with your name on it. Glad they are actually doing something about it l.

Sent from my H8416 using Tapatalk

What we achieve in life, echos in eternity

Offline didopich

• Kopite
« Reply #3168 on: January 19, 2019, 12:24:19 pm »
Yep only to members but interestingly also he also got told not to buy or take another card as of  today they are planing checks upon entry and card has to match ID. Could be just a scare tactic or could be a new operation!

Offline nickyd186

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3169 on: January 19, 2019, 12:33:17 pm »
Yep only to members but interestingly also he also got told not to buy or take another card as of  today they are planing checks upon entry and card has to match ID. Could be just a scare tactic or could be a new operation!

What if your not carrying ID are they gonna refuse you entry?

Offline Kopite787

• Main Stander
« Reply #3170 on: January 19, 2019, 12:54:51 pm »

Reckon a debit/credit card would be sufficient at the turnstiles , or would it have to be photographic if needed

Offline didopich

• Kopite
« Reply #3171 on: January 19, 2019, 01:22:20 pm »
Don't think they will refuse entry but could take the card and you'll have to get it of the club later.
My advice is if you are using a mates card don't go early as I don't think they will do checks with 15min to go!

Offline nickyd186

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3172 on: January 19, 2019, 01:31:09 pm »
Just walked past on way to the Sandon and they wasn't asking people ion the Turnstiles for the Kop and main stand

Offline kalle-anka

• Dönåld Dükk!!!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS member 6912
« Reply #3173 on: January 19, 2019, 05:01:30 pm »
Anyone asked for id today?

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3174 on: January 19, 2019, 07:00:10 pm »
I must have been the only member there in that block today, upper Centenary.

Everyone had paper tickets, could see some were hospitality, pretty much all foreigners.

And then so many people with a season ticket, clearly someone elses as they were searching for their seat.

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3175 on: January 19, 2019, 07:00:36 pm »

I didn't and I entered an hour before kick off

Offline ChrisLFCKOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3176 on: January 19, 2019, 07:56:18 pm »

Nope got in about an hour before kick off, just the usually pant down.

Online dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3177 on: January 19, 2019, 07:57:29 pm »

:o

More friendly than the turnstile I use, they just check my pockets!!!

Online ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #3178 on: January 19, 2019, 07:59:09 pm »

;D
Quote from: Harvest Fields
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3179 on: January 19, 2019, 08:01:43 pm »
I weren't even worthy of a rub down or pocket check....

Offline gregorio

• Loves Chelsea's staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At this particular moment in time
« Reply #3180 on: January 19, 2019, 08:05:27 pm »

This is the real reason it’s harder to get tickets these days
'When they start singing 'You’ll Never Walk Alone' my eyes start to water. There have been times when I’ve actually been crying while I’ve been playing'

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
« Reply #3181 on: January 20, 2019, 01:00:41 am »
No ID checks but an empty seat beside me >:(, I think ID checks throw up loads of problems and the club shouldn't be trying to combat touts in this way, many more problems exist that need looking at imo.

Offline ChrisLFCKOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3182 on: January 20, 2019, 06:11:46 am »

Some have more a feel than others, must be my beard  ;)

Offline ChrisLFCKOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3183 on: January 20, 2019, 06:13:20 am »
No ID checks but an empty seat beside me >:(, I think ID checks throw up loads of problems and the club shouldn't be trying to combat touts in this way, many more problems exist that need looking at imo.

Surely this the best way? If they don't match you card confiscated and they are investigated.  Those clearly just passing on to mates keep their cards, those that have been touted get taken off.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
« Reply #3184 on: January 20, 2019, 06:57:06 am »
Surely this the best way? If they don't match you card confiscated and they are investigated.  Those clearly just passing on to mates keep their cards, those that have been touted get taken off.
I agree it should be this easy but it is not, anyone can claim they got it off a mate, I know of supporters clubs who share cards but they all have different names on the cards. They need to stop touts actually getting the tickets in the first place.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3185 on: January 20, 2019, 07:19:05 am »
do you get to watch the game if it doesn’t match?

They need to stop touts actually getting the tickets in the first place.
If they can’t be bothered catching the big touts don’t bother going after anyone they may suspect of it
« Last Edit: January 20, 2019, 07:22:01 am by Lush is the best medicine... »

Offline nickyd186

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3186 on: January 20, 2019, 08:25:38 am »
They need to start with people cashing in on the £9 tickets have certain Turnstiles they can only use the paper tickets and have ID matching name on ticket

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #3187 on: January 20, 2019, 08:37:02 am »
They need to start with people cashing in on the £9 tickets have certain Turnstiles they can only use the paper tickets and have ID matching name on ticket

Quite a few empty seats in U9!

I’d start with the touting websites myself and those who have multiple ST’s/members cards registered to one address

Maybe we should create a separate thread and have all known touts in one place and help the club out

Offline ChrisLFCKOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3188 on: January 20, 2019, 09:05:48 am »
do you get to watch the game if it doesn’t match?

Offcourse, its not really their fault.  Maybe educate them, possible take details and if they appear again then refuse entry as they have been warned.

problem is there is no one right solution.  I general have no issues getting to games, odd occasion I have passed the ticket to a mate as I have gone with my dad and got two tickets together elsewhere.  Club really are in a lose lose situation, what ever they do it will piss some a few fans off.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3189 on: January 20, 2019, 09:15:51 am »
Offcourse, its not really their fault.  Maybe educate them, possible take details and if they appear again then refuse entry as they have been warned.

problem is there is no one right solution.  I general have no issues getting to games, odd occasion I have passed the ticket to a mate as I have gone with my dad and got two tickets together elsewhere.  Club really are in a lose lose situation, what ever they do it will piss some a few fans off.
thing is there is a big difference between passing an ACS ticket to a mate if you have prior plans (which is fine IMO as if you hand it back to the club you can’t get back on it) and the touts, and if I got in on a mates ACS and was ‘educated’ and treated like a criminal giving my details it wouldn’t go down well with anyone

Offline daindan

• lyin clock......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3190 on: January 20, 2019, 09:50:29 am »
The problem is what happens if say if you give your ticket to someone off rawk, it then gets passed on and subsequently cancelled.

Online dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3191 on: January 20, 2019, 10:09:28 am »
It simply needs two things

1) Ability for members to return tickets like season ticket holders up to an hour before kick off

2) members to nominate three people their card can be passed too and all four pictures printed on the cards

Any checks then are to the pic. No match. Lose the ticket

Touting issues go away then in a short period

Unfortunately the fans on the ticket forum are against photos for some reason

Offline daindan

• lyin clock......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3192 on: January 20, 2019, 10:13:35 am »
What needs to be done is have an exchange where u can sell the tickets to other members as an e-ticket. The person who it’s transferred to shows iD matching ticket name meaning no ticket can be touted as person buying the ticket of the exchange has the ticket in their name

Offline AnfieldIron

• Water Like a Stone. Local laundry service ...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3193 on: January 20, 2019, 10:15:29 am »
This is it. If you can’t return your ticket within 14 days before the match, and something pops up the night before, what the fuck are you meant to do?

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #3194 on: January 20, 2019, 10:20:13 am »
Returning your card in whatever way you think of means you lose the credit which makes it a redundant idea as not many people would do it. There's no way the club will let you return the ticket and keep the credit as you could end up with tens of thousands on 15+ which makes the guaranteed bulk sales much, much harder.

Offline daindan

• lyin clock......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3195 on: January 20, 2019, 10:21:02 am »
The exchange would work well, it Gets rid of holding cards in different names as unless u can provide ID matching that name you don’t get in.  Plus it gets rid of touting cos u can’t get in if names don’t match and majority of touts customers don’t own a members card

Online dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3196 on: January 20, 2019, 10:23:31 am »
Returning your card in whatever way you think of means you lose the credit which makes it a redundant idea as not many people would do it. There's no way the club will let you return the ticket and keep the credit as you could end up with tens of thousands on 15+ which makes the guaranteed bulk sales much, much harder.

A fair point.

Maybe the club do first empty seat left, no problem, second a warning, third lose the credits etc?

You’ve got to account for genuine issues popping up but ultimately club know if a card is scanned for entry

Offline daindan

• lyin clock......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3197 on: January 20, 2019, 10:23:52 am »

With hospo you are only allowed to sell on the exchange 5 times a season.

Offline daindan

• lyin clock......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3198 on: January 20, 2019, 10:25:19 am »
A fair point.

Maybe the club do first empty seat left, no problem, second a warning, third lose the credits etc?

You’ve got to account for genuine issues popping up but ultimately club know if a card is scanned for entry

Leave the transfer portal open up to 3 hours before the game to allow for last minute issues

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #3199 on: January 20, 2019, 10:25:59 am »
With hospo you are only allowed to sell on the exchange 5 times a season.

If someone on 19 did that it would take them down to 14 and potentially out of the guaranteed sale, would never happen.

A fair point.

It would just stay the same as it is now with people giving their cards to other on exchanges or through mates.