Author Topic: League Cup and Club World Cup.  (Read 179102 times)

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
Why do we need to ask them? Just rotate and tell FIFA to fuck off and die.
I think asking was our political approach to FIFA. If we play an understrength team, they can penalize us (though I don't know to what extent). Every competition has such clauses. FIFA was also considering increasing the number of games by playing the European and South American champions earlier, which means more games for us. Usually, we'd have played from the semifinal, so two games, but now they are considering playing all from the start, three games (?). Asking them about the senior players was probably meant to put pressure on FIFA to keep the format as it was, in addition to the fact that we would know how to balance the tournament with the domestic games. 
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Mr_Shane

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
ah but is origi a senior player? what about Milner or Wijnaldum or Lovren or Matip... or anyone who has a champions league medal? Are they going to penalize us if we decide to play players who have actually played and/or have a champions league winners medal?

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
ah but is origi a senior player? what about Milner or Wijnaldum or Lovren or Matip... or anyone who has a champions league medal? Are they going to penalize us if we decide to play players who have actually played and/or have a champions league winners medal?
FIFA are c*nts, mate, who knows what they will do... Why haven't they sent an official invite yet? Why did they decide to hold the tournament when they first said they won't? Why haven't they sent us van den Berg's registration yet?...

Offline Ocean Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • What doesn't kill you, makes you...stranger!!!
If its still 2 games, and we have to bring the best first team squad cos of fifa. Then for the semi final we could get away with some heavy rotation in the team. We Wont need to play both salah and mane, or van dijk for example. As the semi final opponent will be a bang average team we should walk all over them. In the final likely to face the South American champions, so we would only need to play our strongest 11 for one game, the final. What do people think?

Offline DaveCharlie

• RAWK Hidden Gem #1
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Former Formbyite, in Australia, was back, now NZ
If its still 2 games, and we have to bring the best first team squad cos of fifa. Then for the semi final we could get away with some heavy rotation in the team. We Wont need to play both salah and mane, or van dijk for example. As the semi final opponent will be a bang average team we should walk all over them. In the final likely to face the South American champions, so we would only need to play our strongest 11 for one game, the final. What do people think?

Depends on a lot of things (exact timing and travel requirements, state of player injuries, position in other comps, etc) so it's hard to predict just yet...

Offline 88_RED

• Not a real bookie though.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
What is it with all the whinging.. Just play the two matches.. win them both and add another trophy (one we haven't won before) to the cabinet.. :wave
F*CK 0FF Mourinho..

Offline Danny Boy

• Legacy Fan
Who are the South American team...presumably River Plate as they won the Copa Libertadores?

Offline RSoares21

• Kopite
  • ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Who are the South American team...presumably River Plate as they won the Copa Libertadores?

It's the winner of this years final which is played in november
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
It's the winner of this years final which is played in november

Gremio please, football gods.

Anything but getting the shit kicked out of us by argentinians with a chip on their shoulder who think liverpool represents england

Offline Ocean Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
fifa wouldn't let us send out our U23 squad then?. we would get penalised?

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
Our 1st match is on 18th December.

FIFA Club World Cup Qatar 2019:
First round
Match 1 Al Sadd SC v. Hienghène Sport (11 December)

Second round
Match 2 Team A v. Team B (14 December)
Match 3 Team C v. Team DD (14 December)

Play-off for 5th place and semi-final matches
Match 4 Play-off for 5th place (17 December)
Match 5 CONMEBOL representatives v. winners M2 or winners M3 (17 December)
Match 6 Winners M2 or winners M3 v. Liverpool FC (18 December)

Play-off for 3rd place and final match
Match 7 Play-off for 3rd place (21 December)
Match 8 Final (21 December)

https://www.fifa.com/news/fifa-club-world-cup-qatar-2019-to-be-played-from-11-to-21-december
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Final the Saturday helps with travel and hols which is good

Online Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
Our 1st match is on 18th December.

FIFA Club World Cup Qatar 2019:
First round
Match 1 Al Sadd SC v. Hienghène Sport (11 December)

Second round

Play-off for 5th place and semi-final matches
Match 4 Play-off for 5th place (17 December)
Match 5 CONMEBOL representatives v. winners M2 or winners M3 (17 December)
Match 6 Winners M2 or winners M3 v. Liverpool FC (18 December)

Play-off for 3rd place and final match
Match 7 Play-off for 3rd place (21 December)
Match 8 Final (21 December)

https://www.fifa.com/news/fifa-club-world-cup-qatar-2019-to-be-played-from-11-to-21-december

Watford on 14th December.

Fly out to Qatar on the Sunday/Monday. 3 or 4 days of warm weather training. Play the squad players for the 1st game and give the main lads a rest.

Bring the main players back for the final (if we get there). Should be a less intense game than a Premier league game. Though that is probably a but dependent on who wins the Copa Libertadores this year.

Either way we'll have 5 days between that game and Leicester on Boxing Day. I think we can potentially use this as a bit of a mid-winter break, albeit with 2 games against probably lower quality opposition included.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
So we only miss the match away to West Ham.

That shouldn’t be too hard to fit in assuming we draw premier league opposition away from home in both domestic cups, which is usually a given these days
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Second round

This team of DDs must be spectacular! How do I find tickets?  ;D

Offline Ocean Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
You lot reckon we would get away with sending an U23 squad?. I got a feeling klopp wants to said a youth squad for club world cup, given his comments about the ridiculous demands on players these days. Which is true, for example the stupid nations league and the afcon being every 2 years.

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
You lot reckon we would get away with sending an U23 squad?. I got a feeling klopp wants to said a youth squad for club world cup, given his comments about the ridiculous demands on players these days. Which is true, for example the stupid nations league and the afcon being every 2 years.

Doubt it

Easy to say now but when comes around he’ll want to win it

As was said above I think there’ll be changes for the semifinal- full team the final (hopefully)

It’s only one game we miss and need to rearrange- if we get knocked out of league cup early it could even be brought forward if West Ham are the same

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
I’ve flip flopped on this - would love to win it. Only thing we’ve never won.
I’m now on team “win 6 cups; sack off the league”

Offline Ocean Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
Lets have a vote. Who thinks we should send our best squad to club world cup and try and win it? Or send the U23 squad and throw the competition?

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Lets have a vote. Who thinks we should send our best squad to club world cup and try and win it? Or send the U23 squad and throw the competition?

We’ll always try to win it regardless

Offline Ocean Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
We’ll always try to win it regardless
true, but sending an U23 squad we are alot less likely to win it.

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Think we have to name a squad of 23. It’s only two games

It’ll be game time for some fringe players in the semifinal with a full team the final

Use the time and weather as warm weather training

Offline AttaRed

• Main Stander
Article on BBC football site says we could potentially have 10 games in 29 days if we get to the league cup quarters

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49124621

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

We won't be playing a U23 team, it will be full strength.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Article on BBC football site says we could potentially have 10 games in 29 days if we get to the league cup quarters

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49124621

Would be nine without the club World Cup anyway

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
Would be nine without the club World Cup anyway

A mad travel in there though.

Online norfolkexile

• Main Stander
Nice quiet xmas for us this year then: (From BBC: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49124621?y&fbclid=IwAR1wlIMj6_mpCFTKsBDXAutcBMbs0H4ciC0Ndo6dufX-jgAQ5Ki554QZqtI)

Liverpool fixtures over festive period
Everton (H), 4 December

Bournemouth (A), 7 December

Champions League, 10 or 11 December

Watford (H), 14 December

Fifa Club World Cup, 18 and 21 December

Leicester City (A), 26 December

Wolves (H), 28 December

Sheffield United (H), 1 January

To be confirmed: West Ham (A); League Cup quarter-finals

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Ah so league cup QF is day of world club cup semi final... ?

Online markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
two games over 4 days, this is a lot less of a pain that it could have been, with a nice pot making it worth the while. Only affecting one league game is great.
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
This team of DDs must be spectacular! How do I find tickets?  ;D
Big cup side
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Ocean Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
In my opinion i don't think fifa would let us send out a weakened squad, U23 squad etc. Fifa is all about money and they would want the best players playing in the competition to get people in stadiums, tv coverage, commercial sides of it. But by asking if we need to send our senior players to play in it. I think klopp and the club don't really rate this competition that highly. Or because of when its scheduled for, which is December a really busy month.

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
Big cup side
😁😁

Is there a chance we will be playing a dead rubber for the CL game by then?
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Online ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
😁😁

Is there a chance we will be playing a dead rubber for the CL game by then?

You know Liverpool, they like to do everything the hard way. So the answer will be no  ;D

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
Wish we'd boycott the Club World Cup - corrupt FIFA competition in fucking Qatar - fans travelling to make them look like a nice nation to be and not the slave murdering shithole it is.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline Ocean Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
The only trophy we have never won before. Lets try and win it and be officially called Club World Champions! Also with a nice shiny gold badge put on our shirts.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2019, 08:59:45 pm by Ocean Red »

Online ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
The only trophy we have never won before. Lets try an win it and be officially called Club World Champions! Also with a nice shiny gold badge put on our shifts.

Apart from the prem and the CL, this is the one I want to win the most as we’ve not done it yet

Play the kids in the fa cup and leaguecup

Offline Ocean Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
Apart from the prem and the CL, this is the one I want to win the most as we’ve not done it yet

Play the kids in the fa cup and leaguecup
i agree totally with all that you just said.

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Meh, I can't value that high a trophy given after two games. Used to be after one game, the Toyota Cup.

Offline rodderzzz

• Plonkah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • That's Bullshit Miss!
Meh, I can't value that high a trophy given after two games. Used to be after one game, the Toyota Cup.

Not really a trophy given after two games tho is it. It's basically two successful seasons beforehand just to get a shot at it

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Not really a trophy given after two games tho is it. It's basically two successful seasons beforehand just to get a shot at it
Yeah, but we got the one that counts, Big Ears. That has the games and the fights behind it. That was the one that had the worlds best teams fighting for. Now you'd have one of the worlds best teams ducking it out with a South American team. That's why the competition is rated so highly in South America, because it's the only one where they can put one over the European clubs. Yet, every South American player comes to play in Europe.