Author Topic: Boxing thread  (Read 4157299 times)

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Boxing thread
« Reply #66760 on: May 29, 2021, 11:47:45 am »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/t5QK2ufOc4M" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/t5QK2ufOc4M</a>

Great interview by John Fury. Very honest assessment of the whole situation. He more or less agrees with Hearn's take on things. His son should listen to him and take heed. Also I don't know about anyone else but some of Tyson's antics in the media recently is starting to make me think he is back on the sniff again. I hope this isn't the case as I'm a big fan of his as some of you may know from previous posts.
Not John Fury's biggest fan but that was good.

Not sure about the drugs, but Bunce was making a similar point a couple of weeks ago about if Fury's in the gym and working so hard, how come he's always popping up in Texas or Vegas or wherever?

I'd be a bit worried about him not taking Wilder seriously and if he doesn't stop him again you can bet the judges will be kind to him.

Offline HardworkDedication

• Hardwork and Dedication linked to many stories - Mingebag. Has no opinion of his own. Human news ticker tape.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #66761 on: May 29, 2021, 12:29:34 pm »
Not John Fury's biggest fan but that was good.

Not sure about the drugs, but Bunce was making a similar point a couple of weeks ago about if Fury's in the gym and working so hard, how come he's always popping up in Texas or Vegas or wherever?

I'd be a bit worried about him not taking Wilder seriously and if he doesn't stop him again you can bet the judges will be kind to him.

I know what you mean mate.  :thumbup

I know it's stating the obvious but if Fury doesn't take Wilder seriously, and thinks he can just rock up unprepared and still beat him, he will be in for a rude awakening and will get beat. Make no mistake about that.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66762 on: May 29, 2021, 01:20:17 pm »
It's not going to make the WBC belt look good if it goes in the bin again.  ;D

• Hardwork and Dedication linked to many stories - Mingebag. Has no opinion of his own. Human news ticker tape.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66763 on: May 29, 2021, 01:29:33 pm »
 ;D

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #66764 on: May 29, 2021, 02:10:43 pm »
I think Fury & AJ should have fucked off the WBC & WBO if necessary and got the fight over the line. Whether it be step aside money, letting Wilder face the winner. The fight transcends titles.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #66765 on: May 29, 2021, 07:05:03 pm »
Dan Canobbio@DanCanobbio·May 28
Devin Haney has not been out landed his last 53 rounds and has held his opponents to 17% total connects.  All five of Jorge Linares losses have come via stoppage yet he dropped a prime Lomachenko and was up on a card. This fight is INTRIGUING!

Looking forward to watching this tonight. I got Haney winning this.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66766 on: May 29, 2021, 10:23:55 pm »
Dan Canobbio@DanCanobbio·May 28
Devin Haney has not been out landed his last 53 rounds and has held his opponents to 17% total connects.  All five of Jorge Linares losses have come via stoppage yet he dropped a prime Lomachenko and was up on a card. This fight is INTRIGUING!

Looking forward to watching this tonight. I got Haney winning this.

The WBC Gmail Champion should win tonight  but think it will be a good fight

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66767 on: May 29, 2021, 10:25:03 pm »
Should be a good fight. Shame it's not the Linares of 5 years ago mind you.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #66768 on: May 29, 2021, 10:55:54 pm »
If Fury's MH diagnosis is as he says then he doesn't need marching powder when the good times come calling, he'll be dialling back on the meds which keep him on a more even keel. Not a surprise before something he's been building himself up for though. His dad has a fair point about preparing properly.

4am and later for Linares about right? Sleep now it is then.

"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline Creg

• Main Stander
« Reply #66769 on: May 30, 2021, 12:19:09 am »
He might be but he wont win

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-50839281

The racial element of that is a bit misleading but the remainder of it is far from ideal.

As much as I’m a fan, his social media is cringeworthy at times. The stuff surrounding fights is not so much much of an issue for me but the COVID denial etc is not the best. Seems a bit of a common trait amongst boxers.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #66770 on: May 30, 2021, 01:31:18 am »
The WBC Gmail Champion should win tonight  but think it will be a good fight

I think you are being a bit harsh on Haney.

It is not his fault the WBC came out with the franchise bollocks.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #66771 on: May 30, 2021, 04:02:15 am »
Is working alright for me so far (I have adblockers so no idea on that score): https://techoreels.com/21216/f1/?sport=boxing
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Online y2w902

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #66772 on: May 30, 2021, 04:36:03 am »
Got it 4 -1 to Haney after 5.

Online y2w902

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #66773 on: May 30, 2021, 04:59:51 am »
Ffs what was that round from Linares, he had him and let him off the hook!

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66774 on: May 30, 2021, 05:13:56 am »
Had it 118-111 but Haney aint doing anything in this division.

Didn't come close to stopping Linares and he was lucky Linares is an old man otherwise he loses in the 11th

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66775 on: May 30, 2021, 05:15:44 am »
Not convinced by Haney, Linares let him off the hook in those last 2 rounds. Loma, Lopez & Tank all take him out.

Online y2w902

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #66776 on: May 30, 2021, 05:23:38 am »
Not convinced by Haney, Linares let him off the hook in those last 2 rounds. Loma, Lopez & Tank all take him out.

Agreed, I'd say Garcia would too with his power.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66777 on: May 30, 2021, 05:34:20 am »
Agreed, I'd say Garcia would too with his power.

Agree with that also, forgot Ryan Garcia.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66778 on: May 30, 2021, 01:17:16 pm »
Linares of a 4 or 5 years ago and he stops this fool.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66779 on: May 30, 2021, 04:02:39 pm »
Linares of a 4 or 5 years ago and he stops this fool.

Easy. Infact I'd say the Linares that was in with Loma beats him

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66780 on: May 31, 2021, 01:20:25 am »
Overlooked fight from last night but Donaire won the WBC Bantamweight title. Calling out Inoue now.  :D

Online 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #66781 on: May 31, 2021, 08:54:05 am »
Overlooked fight from last night but Donaire won the WBC Bantamweight title. Calling out Inoue now.  :D
He's some fighter. 38 years old and winning the Bantamweight title is incredible.

Btw, Hafthor Bjornsson is fighting Eddie Hall in September; the world's 'heaviest' boxing match  ;D That said, Bjornsson has lost 50 kilos in the last year or so and looks in good shape. While neither guy is a boxer, imagine getting a slap from someone that size!

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66782 on: June 1, 2021, 08:51:04 pm »
He's 22. The fact he is fighting at this level is amazing in itself. I get he shouldn't be WBC champion but I think it is harsh all the talk around Haney. Any fighter would have accepted the belt in that bizarre situation.

He was lining up for a fight with Lomachenko and then the fight was taking off him. Not sure what else he is meant to do.

Think he looks very talented but has the holes you would expect from a 22 year old.

Online 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #66783 on: June 1, 2021, 10:10:45 pm »
So lads Mayweather is 8/15 with to beat the YouTuber by stoppage. It's an eight round fight. Will he troll everyone by coasting to an easy decision or step on the gas to get the stoppage? According to odds checker US, loads of people are betting on the YouTuber 😂

Offline dikwad

• Kopite
« Reply #66784 on: June 2, 2021, 06:26:40 am »
It's an exhibition so I'm sure they've promised not to hurt each other but it would be fun if Mayweather gave this bellend a proper doing 👏

Offline L4Red

• Kopite
« Reply #66785 on: June 2, 2021, 06:59:54 am »
So lads Mayweather is 8/15 with to beat the YouTuber by stoppage. It's an eight round fight. Will he troll everyone by coasting to an easy decision or step on the gas to get the stoppage? According to odds checker US, loads of people are betting on the YouTuber 😂

I would love Floyd to just smash him up but realistically he's going to drag it out, a bit like the McGregor farce.

What's the score with Woodley fighting the other brother, another fix? He's no Askren but he's hardly a spring chicken anymore

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66786 on: June 2, 2021, 10:11:19 am »

Where is the 8/15? Was looking last night and everywhere only had the win markets

1/8 on Betfair with max bet £1600 and money back if no result is declared. Basically a free £200
« Last Edit: June 2, 2021, 10:16:32 am by Barneylfc∗ »
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66787 on: June 2, 2021, 10:12:10 am »
It's an exhibition so I'm sure they've promised not to hurt each other but it would be fun if Mayweather gave this bellend a proper doing 👏

The 'fight' with the kick boxer was an exhibition and he cleaned him out in 2 minutes  :D

Offline L4Red

• Kopite
« Reply #66788 on: June 2, 2021, 10:15:49 am »

Online Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66789 on: June 2, 2021, 10:17:48 am »

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66790 on: June 2, 2021, 10:43:48 am »
Where is the 8/15? Was looking last night and everywhere only had the win markets

1/8 on Betfair with max bet £1600 and money back if no result is declared. Basically a free £200
The only thing that puts me off things like this is the fact that boxing is corrupt as fuck and these kind of exhibitions even more so.

Wouldn't shock me if Floyd just took the piss out of him for 8 rounds and then it somehow got called a draw.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #66791 on: June 2, 2021, 10:44:07 am »
The 'fight' with the kick boxer was an exhibition and he cleaned him out in 2 minutes  :D

Yeah and Logan Paul has pissed Mayweather off as well so I think he'll want to teach him a lesson

Online Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66792 on: June 2, 2021, 01:41:28 pm »
The only thing that puts me off things like this is the fact that boxing is corrupt as fuck and these kind of exhibitions even more so.

Wouldn't shock me if Floyd just took the piss out of him for 8 rounds and then it somehow got called a draw.

Good point. Have asked them to clarify that as they are only offering either to win.

Void if it is declared a draw
« Last Edit: June 2, 2021, 01:50:38 pm by Barneylfc∗ »

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66793 on: June 2, 2021, 02:00:11 pm »
Oscar back on the drugs and/or he's speaking the truth?  ;D

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #66794 on: June 2, 2021, 06:06:00 pm »
Good point. Have asked them to clarify that as they are only offering either to win.

Void if it is declared a draw

It's knockouts or nothing according to the official rules

Online Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66795 on: June 2, 2021, 06:25:43 pm »
It's knockouts or nothing according to the official rules

Just seen that, might lump that 8/15 on Hills

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66796 on: June 2, 2021, 07:21:11 pm »
So is anyone actually watching it? Me personally would rather cover myself in honey and go one-on-one with a grizzly bear. Same goes for Jake v Woodley. That one has to be a fix because Woodley although way out of his prime still has quick hands and a solid right that would easily drop Jake.

Online Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66797 on: June 2, 2021, 07:29:54 pm »
So is anyone actually watching it? Me personally would rather cover myself in honey and go one-on-one with a grizzly bear. Same goes for Jake v Woodley. That one has to be a fix because Woodley although way out of his prime still has quick hands and a solid right that would easily drop Jake.

I'll watch it. Mainly to hope Mayweather smashes up the YouTube c*nt, doing enough damage to put an end to these freak shows 

Offline L4Red

• Kopite
« Reply #66798 on: June 3, 2021, 12:42:15 pm »
I swear Spencer Oliver has just said Logan has got a chance because he's 200lbs and Floyd is 45 years old. fucking plant pot

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66799 on: June 3, 2021, 01:32:54 pm »
I swear Spencer Oliver has just said Logan has got a chance because he's 200lbs and Floyd is 45 years old. fucking plant pot
Doesn't he work for Sky?  It's his job to sell PPVs.